The name of the Davidic Servant revealed!

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Re: The name of the Davidic Servant revealed!

Post by Durzan »

Matchmaker wrote:I'm sure most of you already know, but I just found out that Elder David A. Bednar is the Apostle who is over Israel. I wonder if he will be one of the two witnesses.
That is very possible, should he survive that long. Him and Uchdorf both have this way of speaking...

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

CHUCK wrote: April 19th, 2013, 4:26 am It's JESUS CHRIST! :D

. . .

So anyone looking for a "Samuel The Lamanite" or any other mortal man...... LOOK NO FURTHER!
Interesting. Thank you for your view (I'll read all of the thread when I'm not on my phone).

Titan27
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Titan27 »

You can all speculate who this Davidic Servant is, and it's not David Ben-Gurion, nor is it David Bednar, nor is it Christ <--he will reign in Zion, but the Davidic servant will lead and gather the elect to Zion.

The Davidic Servant is Denver Snuffer Jr. Here is his account:

THE NEW NAME DAVID
Revelation given to Denver Snuffer, Jr, 10 September, 2011.

On the 10 th day of September, 2011 the word of the Lord said to me, You shall no longer be called Denver, but your name shall be called David. I was startled to hear this, and it troubled me. I regarded David as an adulterer and a murderer, who killed Uriah to hide his adultery. In response to Nathan's parable of the rich man who took the poor man's lamb in 2 Samuel, Chapter 12, David condemned himself to die for his sin. If David considered himself worthy to die, then should I not also condemn David? The more I reflected on this, the more troubled I became. I asked God to give to me another name, not the unwanted David.
For a day and a half my distress grew, and I prayed repeatedly to have the name changed. I feared it memorialized and perhaps also foreshadowed failure and rebellion. I did not want to have the Lord view me as either rebellious or a failure. I thought the name was detestable, the name of a bloody man who was unfit to build the Lord's house, whose family was torn apart by infighting. After a day and a half of prayer asking to change the name, the Lord answered in a perfectly mild voice saying, I thought it no great insult to be called the Son of David.
His gentle response cut my heart and made me ashamed. I learned David means: Beloved of God. This made me all the more embarrassed at how meanly I had reacted and spoken to the Lord about His gift to me. Instead of thinking it an unworthy name, I concluded I was unworthy of His gift. I asked Him to forgive me and He frankly did so. I am an ignorant and prideful man.
I expected to keep this private, and after doing so for six years, I have been commanded to make this known.

Do your research folks. Denver has been in the Lord's presence more (being instructed for the mission he is to accomplish) and written more than Joseph Smith has. He is revealing the Lord's will to us. Go to his website denversnuffer.com and read his blogposts, his talks given under downloads, and other direction given to him by the Lord. In fact, just this last week up in Boise, new scriptures were canonized as well as the Lord's covenant was offered to those who wish to accept the Covenant from the Lord. All of this is happening, it's from the Lord, and events are unfolding even now in preparation of the call out to go establish Zion (spoiler alert the LDS church is NOT Zion). Denver was a convert to the church, but after 40 years to the day, the church excommunicated him (marred him). At the time of his excommunication, his stake president declared him to be the most worthy man in his stake. He was excommunicated for writing a book (passing the heavenly gift) which revealed some of the true events of church history that has been sugar-coated and/or rewritten, that doesn't paint the church in the best light. The Lord is working in our day, and he is working through Denver.

Let me include this last warning before your gut reaction to this causes you to immediately bash or belittle Denver. The Lord has told Denver in His own voice, just like He did to Joseph Smith, "I will bless them that bless you, and curse them that curse you".

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

First I don't think anyone's witness of the identity of the Davidic Servant should be casually dismissed since he will be someone. I have studied enough of Denver and have received the witness of the spirit that he is indeed a false prophet.
Titan27 wrote: September 8th, 2017, 7:34 am On the 10 th day of September, 2011 the word of the Lord said to me, You shall no longer be called Denver, but your name shall be called David. I was startled to hear this, and it troubled me. I regarded David as an adulterer and a murderer, who killed Uriah to hide his adultery. In response to Nathan's parable of the rich man who took the poor man's lamb in 2 Samuel, Chapter 12, David condemned himself to die for his sin. If David considered himself worthy to die, then should I not also condemn David? The more I reflected on this, the more troubled I became. I asked God to give to me another name, not the unwanted David.
This reads so phony to me. If the Lord is speaking to me and renames me "Sue" then I would kiss the Earth and thank the Master and trust in His infinite wisdom. DAVID on the other hand is a common name and socially accepted. Denver was obviously well read and I'm sure was aware of David's contrition.
Titan27 wrote: September 8th, 2017, 7:34 am For a day and a half my distress grew, and I prayed repeatedly to have the name changed. I feared it memorialized and perhaps also foreshadowed failure and rebellion.
Please. This reads phony, weak and extremely presumptuous. If the Lord has a mission of failure for you, embrace it as Joseph Smith did for building ZION. Mighty and Strong? Nope.
Titan27 wrote: September 8th, 2017, 7:34 am I did not want to have the Lord view me as either rebellious or a failure.
Yet I rebelled against the name he gave me. This makes zero sense
Titan27 wrote: September 8th, 2017, 7:34 am I thought the name was detestable, the name of a bloody man who was unfit to build the Lord's house, whose family was torn apart by infighting. After a day and a half of prayer asking to change the name, the Lord answered in a perfectly mild voice saying, I thought it no great insult to be called the Son of David.
That is not the voice of the Alpha and Omega. This is:
D&C 33:1 Behold, I say unto you, my servants Ezra and Northrop, open ye your ears and hearken to the voice of the Lord your God, whose word is quick and powerful, sharper than a two-edged sword, to the dividing asunder of the joints and marrow, soul and spirit; and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Well gee Denver er David, I thought it no great insult ... that sounds like the beginnings of an apology.
Titan27 wrote: September 8th, 2017, 7:34 am His gentle response cut my heart and made me ashamed. I learned David means: Beloved of God.
He's just now looking up the name meaning? Phony. That would be step one.
Titan27 wrote: September 8th, 2017, 7:34 am This made me all the more embarrassed at how meanly I had reacted and spoken to the Lord about His gift to me.
Meanly? Is this really Denver who wrote this?
Titan27 wrote: September 8th, 2017, 7:34 am Instead of thinking it an unworthy name, I concluded I was unworthy of His gift. I asked Him to forgive me and He frankly did so. I am an ignorant and prideful man.
I expected to keep this private, and after doing so for six years, I have been commanded to make this known.
That's possible - but not by God was he commanded.
Titan27 wrote: September 8th, 2017, 7:34 am Do your research folks. Denver has been in the Lord's presence more (being instructed for the mission he is to accomplish) and written more than Joseph Smith has. He is revealing the Lord's will to us. Go to his website denversnuffer.com and read his blogposts, his talks given under downloads, and other direction given to him by the Lord. In fact, just this last week up in Boise, new scriptures were canonized as well as the Lord's covenant was offered to those who wish to accept the Covenant from the Lord. All of this is happening, it's from the Lord, and events are unfolding even now in preparation of the call out to go establish Zion (spoiler alert the LDS church is NOT Zion). Denver was a convert to the church, but after 40 years to the day, the church excommunicated him (marred him). At the time of his excommunication, his stake president declared him to be the most worthy man in his stake.
Another phony sounding statement that reeks of pride.
Titan27 wrote: September 8th, 2017, 7:34 am He was excommunicated for writing a book (passing the heavenly gift) which revealed some of the true events of church history that has been sugar-coated and/or rewritten, that doesn't paint the church in the best light. The Lord is working in our day, and he is working through Denver.

Let me include this last warning before your gut reaction to this causes you to immediately bash or belittle Denver. The Lord has told Denver in His own voice, just like He did to Joseph Smith, "I will bless them that bless you, and curse them that curse you".
I went straight to the source about Denver Snuffer. Nope. I've read some excerpts of his new revelation. Faking the voice of the Greatest of us all is impossible.
2 Nephi 33:10 And now, my beloved brethren, and also Jew, and all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good.
Finally the fruit of your post Titan27 is the same fruit that others bear when coming here to witness about Denver or Fundamentalism or any other false offshoot. There is a spirit of condescension - of daring - of belittling .. and it ends with a warning of a curse. I pray that the Lord's end time servant will have better witnesses than this....because the truth doesn't need others to shame them into believing it. The spirit does the conversion. If Denver Snuffer were the Davidic Servant all you would need to do is share the words and testify and the spirit would do the rest.

Titan27
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Titan27 »

"Finally the fruit of your post Titan27 is the same fruit that others bear when coming here to witness about Denver or Fundamentalism or any other false offshoot. There is a spirit of condescension - of daring - of belittling .. and it ends with a warning of a curse. I pray that the Lord's end time servant will have better witnesses than this....because the truth doesn't need others to shame them into believing it. The spirit does the conversion. If Denver Snuffer were the Davidic Servant all you would need to do is share the words and testify and the spirit would do the rest"

I don't need you to believe me. I just saw a forum thread of individuals who are speculating about who the Davidic servant is, and I was trying to do you a favor by sharing the evidence of the Lord's hand being extended in our day. You can choose to believe it or not, and if I were you I wouldn't take my word for it either. Read Denver's words, pray about it, and gain your own witness if the words he speaks bear fruit and are given him of the Lord. I already have my witness, and whether you or anyone else accepts it doesn't matter to me, or Denver, but it does to the Lord. He is laying out one last grafting in before the gospel is taken from the Gentiles (including the LDS church) and given back to the Jews. And your contention that that is not the voice of Alpha and Omega, to me, doesn't hold water. The Lord speaks to each of us in the language we speak and understand. Denver transcribed the words of the Lord as he received them, and so you cannot tell the Lord that he cannot use words in Denvers language, when it is plainly obvious that the words from the Lord as given in Joseph's day followed a different pattern than they did in Nephis day (I.e. And it came to pass...) You ignore Denver's words at your own peril, but I would advise you to take it to the Lord and gain your own witness. And by the way, if you get that answer, whatever your particular answer is, nobody here is asking you to share your own personal ability to get an answer or not. This is an invitation to all, and the sheep will hear His voice, the goats will not.
Last edited by Titan27 on September 8th, 2017, 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Titan27
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Titan27 »

Only fools take offense when no offense is intended.

I find it interesting how you dismiss Denver in the same manner as you classify the Fundamentalists. The main difference is that the church claims that polygamy WAS lived by Joseph, while Denver does not. The church? ...Sides with the polygamists, even wrote an essay claiming Joseph had as many as 40 wives, without any DNA evidence that Joseph had any children through anyone but Emma. As far as the fundamentals of the restoration, yes, we believe those, but the church does not. The church has altered the sacrament prayer - thus rendering it an empty ordinance, the baptismal prayer - also rendering it ineffective, removed the Lectures on Faith - without the Lord's permission or command, turned the word of wisdom from "not by command or constraint" into a commandment required to enter the temple or to expect a celestial glory, turned the church into a Vatican-like organization in which outliving other Q12 members qualifies you to be prophet (instead of the way the Lord set it up) regardless of that prospective president's relationship with Christ or calling from Him, and a correlation department that seeks to control it's membership (which is one of the specific amens pronounced upon the priesthood leadership as found in D&C 121). It would not be difficult to list (an LDS version of the) 95 Thesis as Martin Luther did in his day, because there are increasingly more ways the church leadership has strayed from the Lord and His doctrine. Remember when the Lord visited the Nephites in Bountiful, after giving His doctrine he declared that if anyone declared more or less than this as His doctrine, the same IS NOT OF ME AND IS OF THE DEVIL. The church has done so.

And if you or anyone in the church bothered to read your scriptures (and cared to understand the true history of the church in Joseph's and Brigham's day) you would know that the Lord has rejected the LDS church (in 1844 when Joseph had been killed and the Nauvoo Temple had not been completed yet). See D&C 124. Joseph was a true prophet all the way until he was martyred, so was Hyrum. Brigham was not a prophet, seer or revelator, nor has any other hierarchally-inherited leader of the church been such. No matter how many mental gymnastics you employ, you cannot refute the words the Lord spoke in warning of the commandment He gave to the saints to build the Nauvoo Temple. The Lord said that if they had completed it, they were also to remain in Nauvoo, which they did not. Therefore every consequence laid out by the Lord is and has been fulfilled, including the rejection of the church, along with your dead (temple work), the loss of the fulness of the priesthood, etc. the church has devolved into vain and foolish traditions, and resembles more the Catholic Church than it does the church that Joseph originally intended to restore.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

More insults and condescension reveals the spirit in which you come. Thanks for making it clear to those who may be more easily swayed.
Last edited by Alaris on September 12th, 2017, 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Titan27 wrote: September 8th, 2017, 4:45 pm Only fools take offense when no offense is intended.

I find it interesting how you dismiss Denver in the same manner as you classify the Fundamentalists. The main difference is that the church claims that polygamy WAS lived by Joseph, while Denver does not. The church? ...Sides with the polygamists, even wrote an essay claiming Joseph had as many as 40 wives, without any DNA evidence that Joseph had any children through anyone but Emma. As far as the fundamentals of the restoration, yes, we believe those, but the church does not. The church has altered the sacrament prayer - thus rendering it an empty ordinance, the baptismal prayer - also rendering it ineffective, removed the Lectures on Faith - without the Lord's permission or command, turned the word of wisdom from "not by command or constraint" into a commandment required to enter the temple or to expect a celestial glory, turned the church into a Vatican-like organization in which outliving other Q12 members qualifies you to be prophet (instead of the way the Lord set it up) regardless of that prospective president's relationship with Christ or calling from Him, and a correlation department that seeks to control it's membership (which is one of the specific amens pronounced upon the priesthood leadership as found in D&C 121). It would not be difficult to list (an LDS version of the) 95 Thesis as Martin Luther did in his day, because there are increasingly more ways the church leadership has strayed from the Lord and His doctrine. Remember when the Lord visited the Nephites in Bountiful, after giving His doctrine he declared that if anyone declared more or less than this as His doctrine, the same IS NOT OF ME AND IS OF THE DEVIL. The church has done so.

And if you or anyone in the church bothered to read your scriptures (and cared to understand the true history of the church in Joseph's and Brigham's day) you would know that the Lord has rejected the LDS church (in 1844 when Joseph had been killed and the Nauvoo Temple had not been completed yet). See D&C 124. Joseph was a true prophet all the way until he was martyred, so was Hyrum. Brigham was not a prophet, seer or revelator, nor has any other hierarchally-inherited leader of the church been such. No matter how many mental gymnastics you employ, you cannot refute the words the Lord spoke in warning of the commandment He gave to the saints to build the Nauvoo Temple. The Lord said that if they had completed it, they were also to remain in Nauvoo, which they did not. Therefore every consequence laid out by the Lord is and has been fulfilled, including the rejection of the church, along with your dead (temple work), the loss of the fulness of the priesthood, etc. the church has devolved into vain and foolish traditions, and resembles more the Catholic Church than it does the church that Joseph originally intended to restore.
Spencer W Kimball was a Prophet of God. I testify to that in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Titan27 wrote: September 8th, 2017, 4:45 pm Only fools take offense when no offense is intended.

You mean I should be reading that book on the shelf that is so dusty.....

Oh, I read electronically now!

Brigham Young was an American Moses.

Denver Snuffer is old news around here, you need to try another place.

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

Titan27 wrote: September 8th, 2017, 4:09 pm "Finally the fruit of your post Titan27 is the same fruit that others bear when coming here to witness about Denver or Fundamentalism or any other false offshoot. There is a spirit of condescension - of daring - of belittling .. and it ends with a warning of a curse. I pray that the Lord's end time servant will have better witnesses than this....because the truth doesn't need others to shame them into believing it. The spirit does the conversion. If Denver Snuffer were the Davidic Servant all you would need to do is share the words and testify and the spirit would do the rest"

I don't need you to believe me. I just saw a forum thread of individuals who are speculating about who the Davidic servant is, and I was trying to do you a favor by sharing the evidence of the Lord's hand being extended in our day. You can choose to believe it or not, and if I were you I wouldn't take my word for it either. Read Denver's words, pray about it, and gain your own witness if the words he speaks bear fruit and are given him of the Lord. I already have my witness, and whether you or anyone else accepts it doesn't matter to me, or Denver, but it does to the Lord. He is laying out one last grafting in before the gospel is taken from the Gentiles (including the LDS church) and given back to the Jews. And your contention that that is not the voice of Alpha and Omega, to me, doesn't hold water. The Lord speaks to each of us in the language we speak and understand. Denver transcribed the words of the Lord as he received them, and so you cannot tell the Lord that he cannot use words in Denvers language, when it is plainly obvious that the words from the Lord as given in Joseph's day followed a different pattern than they did in Nephis day (I.e. And it came to pass...) You ignore Denver's words at your own peril, but I would advise you to take it to the Lord and gain your own witness. And by the way, if you get that answer, whatever your particular answer is, nobody here is asking you to share your own personal ability to get an answer or not. This is an invitation to all, and the sheep will hear His voice, the goats will not.
I guess I must be a Goat in your eyes! That is fine by me...

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

Kingdom of ZION wrote: December 29th, 2017, 5:08 am
Titan27 wrote: September 8th, 2017, 4:09 pm "Finally the fruit of your post Titan27 is the same fruit that others bear when coming here to witness about Denver or Fundamentalism or any other false offshoot. There is a spirit of condescension - of daring - of belittling .. and it ends with a warning of a curse. I pray that the Lord's end time servant will have better witnesses than this....because the truth doesn't need others to shame them into believing it. The spirit does the conversion. If Denver Snuffer were the Davidic Servant all you would need to do is share the words and testify and the spirit would do the rest"

I guess I must be a Goat in your eyes! That is fine by me...
where have you been hiding KoZ? for a sec I thought you were The Hidden Servant ;)

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Hi Dafty,
I have been reading, pondering, praying, and studying the Gospels and Prophecies of the End Time. I have been writing some and working hard in my business and at the farm to get better prepared for the coming hard times.

I wish I had more time, and was better prepared! Yet age does bring clarity of purpose.

I have been following the Remnant movement, in which Denver is a part of one faction... it is wakening people, yet deceiving them in the very same instants. The Latter-Day sifting has began!

Shalom

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

Kingdom of ZION wrote: December 29th, 2017, 5:31 am Hi Dafty,
I have been reading, pondering, praying, and studying the Gospels and Prophecies of the End Time. I have been writing some and working hard in my business and at the farm to get better prepared for the coming hard times.

I wish I had more time, and was better prepared! Yet age does bring clarity of purpose.

I have been following the Remnant movement, in which Denver is a part of one faction... it is wakening people, yet deceiving them in the very same instants. The Latter-Day sifting has began!

Shalom
Do you have any opinions on timing? I too think things are about to start happening.

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Sarah wrote: December 29th, 2017, 8:38 am
Kingdom of ZION wrote: December 29th, 2017, 5:31 am Hi Dafty,

Shalom
Do you have any opinions on timing? I too think things are about to start happening.
The kingdom of the adversary will be simultaneously establish with the kingdom of G_d, as per Joseph Smith. As we only have the years that you can count on your own fingers... when you see the one, look diligently for the other. Their is already dozens of false 'True Messengers" coming forth, to deceive ALL but the very ELECT! Pray always, pray for it to come, pray that you will not be deceived and will be guided to His chosen servants that will be coming forth.

Shalom

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

LDS Anarchist wrote: His name will be: [Insert Given Name or Names Here] Joseph-Nephi.
“joseph-nephi”? “josephite”? Where do you get your terminology?
Titan27 wrote: September 8th, 2017, 7:34 am You can all speculate who this Davidic Servant is, and it's not David Ben-Gurion, nor is it David Bednar, nor is it Christ <--he will reign in Zion, but the Davidic servant will lead and gather the elect to Zion.

The Davidic Servant is Denver Snuffer Jr. Here is his account:

THE NEW NAME DAVID
Revelation given to Denver Snuffer, Jr, 10 September, 2011.

On the 10 th day of September, 2011 the word of the Lord said to me, You shall no longer be called Denver, but your name shall be called David. I was startled to hear this, and it troubled me. I regarded David as an adulterer and a murderer, who killed Uriah to hide his adultery. In response to Nathan's parable of the rich man who took the poor man's lamb in 2 Samuel, Chapter 12, David condemned himself to die for his sin. If David considered himself worthy to die, then should I not also condemn David? The more I reflected on this, the more troubled I became. I asked God to give to me another name, not the unwanted David.
For a day and a half my distress grew, and I prayed repeatedly to have the name changed. I feared it memorialized and perhaps also foreshadowed failure and rebellion. I did not want to have the Lord view me as either rebellious or a failure. I thought the name was detestable, the name of a bloody man who was unfit to build the Lord's house, whose family was torn apart by infighting. After a day and a half of prayer asking to change the name, the Lord answered in a perfectly mild voice saying, I thought it no great insult to be called the Son of David.
His gentle response cut my heart and made me ashamed. I learned David means: Beloved of God. This made me all the more embarrassed at how meanly I had reacted and spoken to the Lord about His gift to me. Instead of thinking it an unworthy name, I concluded I was unworthy of His gift. I asked Him to forgive me and He frankly did so. I am an ignorant and prideful man.

Do your research folks. Denver has been in the Lord's presence more (being instructed for the mission he is to accomplish) and written more than Joseph Smith has. He is revealing the Lord's will to us. Go to his website denversnuffer.com and read his blogposts, his talks given under downloads, and other direction given to him by the Lord. In fact, just this last week up in Boise, new scriptures were canonized as well as the Lord's covenant was offered to those who wish to accept the Covenant from the Lord. All of this is happening, it's from the Lord, and events are unfolding even now in preparation of the call out to go establish Zion (spoiler alert the LDS church is NOT Zion). Denver was a convert to the church, but after 40 years to the day, the church excommunicated him (marred him). At the time of his excommunication, his stake president declared him to be the most worthy man in his stake. He was excommunicated for writing a book (passing the heavenly gift) which revealed some of the true events of church history that has been sugar-coated and/or rewritten, that doesn't paint the church in the best light. The Lord is working in our day, and he is working through Denver.

The scriptures are clear in regards to the variety of fruits of this endtime figure’s ministry. I’m no expert on Snuffer or his publications, but it’s my understanding he has made these claims for years now. What fruits has he borne? He strikes me as a man of many words and few works. God’s champion of the last days will be characterized by the great works, the fruits of his ministry - not by divisive and egotistical blog posts.

Plus, his founding premise is incredibly illogical. Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t his entire claim to authority based on him being “wrongly” excommunicated by church leaders, and therefore God took their priesthood keys and gave them to him? This is so obviously ridiculous on multiple fronts. For the sake of argument, let’s say his excommunication was unjust. Does he seriously think he was the first one to receive an unfair verdict at the hands of a priesthood leader? These are mortal fallible men, and mistakes happen, and they’ve happened long before Snuffer. Why didn’t God wrest away priesthood keys from church leadership in those cases? Maybe I don’t have the full story, but personally I can’t comprehend how anyone could fall for this nonsense.

BruceRGilbert
captain of 1,000

Post by BruceRGilbert »

Denver Snuffer failed his "Abrahamic Test." He was unable to do what he was told to do because of his fear of man. He proceeded under intrepidation, knowing that he jeopardized his standing before the Lord. The rest is history, as he ought to be. No amount of "self-justification" suffices in disappointing Father. My hope is that he will re-awaken to his awful situation and repent.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

BruceRGilbert wrote: January 1st, 2018, 2:33 pm Denver Snuffer failed his "Abrahamic Test." He was unable to do what he was told to do because of his fear of man. He proceeded under intrepidation, knowing that he jeopardized his standing before the Lord. The rest is history, as he ought to be. No amount of "self-justification" suffices in disappointing Father. My hope is that he will re-awaken to his awful situation and repent.
I'm kind of confused here. He did what he believed God told him directly, even though men (his leaders) told him to defy what God had personally told him, and follow them.

Even if you disbelieve his claim of God talking to him, there was no fear of man in him. Fear of man would have spurred him to meekly obey his leaders, and to avoid being spurned by his fellow Mormons (he has been the recipient of mockery, accusation, anger, and so forth).

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

Given that you say Joseph was a true prophet until he was martyred, what do you think of the incident with Fannie Alger?
LDS Anarchist wrote: September 8th, 2017, 5:34 pm His name will be: [Insert Given Name or Names Here] Joseph-Nephi.
Your article explains that you believe they were called FirstName-PersonTheyAreAFollowerOf. Why do you think that was the case? And why Joseph-Nephi? Why are they a follower of Nephi and not Christ?

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Titan27 wrote: September 8th, 2017, 7:34 am

The Davidic Servant is Denver Snuffer Jr.
dumbest.jpg
dumbest.jpg (8.14 KiB) Viewed 1188 times

BruceRGilbert
captain of 1,000

Post by BruceRGilbert »

Silver Pie wrote:
BruceRGilbert wrote: January 1st, 2018, 2:33 pm Denver Snuffer failed his "Abrahamic Test." He was unable to do what he was told to do because of his fear of man. He proceeded under intrepidation, knowing that he jeopardized his standing before the Lord. The rest is history, as he ought to be. No amount of "self-justification" suffices in disappointing Father. My hope is that he will re-awaken to his awful situation and repent.
I'm kind of confused here. He did what he believed God told him directly, even though men (his leaders) told him to defy what God had personally told him, and follow them.

Even if you disbelieve his claim of God talking to him, there was no fear of man in him. Fear of man would have spurred him to meekly obey his leaders, and to avoid being spurned by his fellow Mormons (he has been the recipient of mockery, accusation, anger, and so forth).
Silver Pie, you have spoken well - indeed you are a little confused, here. Denver Snuffer did not do what God told him directly to do. He failed to recognize the "voice of the Lord."
Doctrine and Covenants 1:38 What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.
He was directed to pull his book "Passing the Heavenly Gift" from the public as a condition in keeping his Temple covenants. He cited reasons related to "contractual obligations" in refusing to do so. This is the "fear of man" that I have cited. I would invite you to go back in time and hear his "audible" account as the event unfolded. It is in these times that you can hear the indecision, uncertainty, and hesitation in his voice. He simply made the wrong choice. He did not pass the "dragon on the hill" that he claimed to have made analogy to.

Please note, too, that like begets like. Denver "spurned his fellow Mormons" by speaking disparagingly about the Lord's anointed, stating that the Church had gone out of the way and now you have the audacity to claim that he has been the recipient of mockery, accusation, anger, and so forth when the truth is that he instigated these things against the Lord's anointed. It is an instance when white is called black and black is called white. So, yes, you are a little confused, here.

BruceRGilbert
captain of 1,000

Post by BruceRGilbert »

Titan27 wrote: Only fools take offense when no offense is intended.

The Sacrament Prayer:

I would suppose that issue is taken with respect to changing "wine" into "water." I would suggest that the Lord can do it, for at His wedding, he changed "water" into "wine."
Ecclesiastes 3:14 I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.
Further, at the institution of the Sacrament by the Savior as recorded in the New Testament accounts, the blessing was on the "CUP" and not the contents thereof:
Matthew 26:27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Luke 22:20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.
1 Corinthians 10:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?
1 Corinthians 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord’s death till he come.

27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
If the Lord did not specify the "contents" of the "CUP" on inception, then why would there be issue if it were "wine" or "water" unless someone was intent on "whining" about it. It is a non-sequitur.

The Baptismal Prayer:

The "supposed" conflict would reside in the differences in wording between the Book of Mormon account and the Doctrine and Covenants account:
3 Nephi 11:23 Verily I say unto you, that whoso repenteth of his sins through your words, and desireth to be baptized in my name, on this wise shall ye baptize them—Behold, ye shall go down and stand in the water, and in my name shall ye baptize them.

24 And now behold, these are the words which ye shall say, calling them by name, saying:

25 Having authority given me of Jesus Christ, I baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.

26 And then shall ye immerse them in the water, and come forth again out of the water.

27 And after this manner shall ye baptize in my name; for behold, verily I say unto you, that the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost are one; and I am in the Father, and the Father in me, and the Father and I are one.

28 And according as I have commanded you thus shall ye baptize. And there shall be no disputations among you, as there have hitherto been; neither shall there be disputations among you concerning the points of my doctrine, as there have hitherto been.

29 For verily, verily I say unto you, he that hath the spirit of contention is not of me, but is of the devil, who is the father of contention, and he stirreth up the hearts of men to contend with anger, one with another.

30 Behold, this is not my doctrine, to stir up the hearts of men with anger, one against another; but this is my doctrine, that such things should be done away.
Doctrine and Covenants 20:72 Baptism is to be administered in the following manner unto all those who repent—

73 The person who is called of God and has authority from Jesus Christ to baptize, shall go down into the water with the person who has presented himself or herself for baptism, and shall say, calling him or her by name: Having been commissioned of Jesus Christ, I baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.

74 Then shall he immerse him or her in the water, and come forth again out of the water.
Please note that the beginning of verse 73 in the previous scripture prescribes the conditions that are prerequisite to the performance of the ordinance: "called of God and has authority from Jesus Christ to baptize." I would submit to you that the statement of "authority" and "being commissioned" are synonymous in their usage.
Isaiah 29:13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

15 Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the Lord, and their works are in the dark, and they say, Who seeth us? and who knoweth us?

16 Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter’s clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?

17 Is it not yet a very little while, and Lebanon shall be turned into a fruitful field, and the fruitful field shall be esteemed as a forest?

18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

19 The meek also shall increase their joy in the Lord, and the poor among men shall rejoice in the Holy One of Israel.

20 For the terrible one is brought to nought, and the scorner is consumed, and all that watch for iniquity are cut off:

21 That make a man an offender for a word, and lay a snare for him that reproveth in the gate, and turn aside the just for a thing of nought.

22 Therefore thus saith the Lord, who redeemed Abraham, concerning the house of Jacob, Jacob shall not now be ashamed, neither shall his face now wax pale.

23 But when he seeth his children, the work of mine hands, in the midst of him, they shall sanctify my name, and sanctify the Holy One of Jacob, and shall fear the God of Israel.

24 They also that erred in spirit shall come to understanding, and they that murmured shall learn doctrine.
I have addressed the ordinances that are had in question. The remainder of the assertions given in the first paragraph by Titan27 are spurious based upon the presumption, (which cannot possibly be known by him,) that the Lord did not give permission or command to do the things cited with respect to the Lectures on Faith, etc., etc. The verse cited in Ecclesiastes indicates that the Lord can alter and change His work according to His desires, which He has done.

Brigham Young was a Prophet, Seer and Revelator and the only one capable of providing the bold, strong leadership necessary to bring the Saints through their "refining" trials and once again establish a community in the Rocky Mountains. As token of his calling, he established the Saints in a community where, analogous to the Holy Land, they were established in an area with a "Dead Sea;" The Great Salt Lake, and a fresh water "sea," like the Sea of Galilee, called Utah Lake and the Jordan River between the two. The Lord's hand is apparent in it all . . . according to Divine pattern and prophecy.
Doctrine and Covenants 101:1 Verily I say unto you, concerning your brethren who have been afflicted, and persecuted, and cast out from the land of their inheritance—

2 I, the Lord, have suffered the affliction to come upon them, wherewith they have been afflicted, in consequence of their transgressions;

3 Yet I will own them, and they shall be mine in that day when I shall come to make up my jewels.

4 Therefore, they must needs be chastened and tried, even as Abraham, who was commanded to offer up his only son.

5 For all those who will not endure chastening, but deny me, cannot be sanctified.

6 Behold, I say unto you, there were jarrings, and contentions, and envyings, and strifes, and lustful and covetous desires among them; therefore by these things they polluted their inheritances.

7 They were slow to hearken unto the voice of the Lord their God; therefore, the Lord their God is slow to hearken unto their prayers, to answer them in the day of their trouble.

8 In the day of their peace they esteemed lightly my counsel; but, in the day of their trouble, of necessity they feel after me.

9 Verily I say unto you, notwithstanding their sins, my bowels are filled with compassion towards them. I will not utterly cast them off; and in the day of wrath I will remember mercy.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

BruceRGilbert wrote: January 18th, 2018, 6:53 am He was directed to pull his book "Passing the Heavenly Gift" from the public as a condition in keeping his Temple covenants. He cited reasons related to "contractual obligations" in refusing to do so. This is the "fear of man" that I have cited.
I've read his posts and I've heard him talk about this. I was under the impression that, though he did look into the legality of it all, he did not feel it right to back out because he had compassion on the person who was the publisher - but you have a point, and I understand your point of view in this case (now that you have explained it). My view (as many here already know) is that he was following what he was convinced God told him to do. (They also wanted him to back out of giving the 10 lectures, which thing, he said, the Lord told him to do.)

now you have the audacity to claim that he has been the recipient of mockery, accusation, anger, and so forth
It is a fact. Whether you see that he has mocked the Brethren and/or the Church (and I do admit that he has not always been kind to the faults he has seen), the above can be seen very easily in the posts on this forum wherever there is a thread that mentions him. I stated a fact, though I did not even think to state that he had written and said words that also seem to be mockery, accusation, anger, and so forth.

BruceRGilbert
captain of 1,000

Post by BruceRGilbert »

Silver Pie, the "spirit" manifest by your "honesty" and "objectivity" indicates that you are close to the Kingdom.

God is more interested in a "gathering" than a "dispersal," I can assure you. It will be a core group of the "pure in heart" that will establish Zion - and not necessarily all L.D.S. It will require "Intellectual Honesty" and "Maturity" - "Emotional Honesty" and "Maturity" to be able to live such a life that allows people to recognize "goodness" and "truth" extant of their "circles" even though they are not the original proprietors of such. It will be these "people" that shall be added to because they are open to "more" and they say not in their hearts, "We have received enough!" and "Beyond this point, (our safe zone,) we will not venture!" It will be a "tried" and "seasoned" community who love others, truth, and who aren't afraid to be "real." Initially, it will resemble more of a "mixed" family than a "polished" organization.

You have in the Book of Mormon the account of the "dis-integration" of the "all things in common" lifestyle resulting in the establishment of "family and friend" tribes. Why wouldn't the "re-integration" not resemble that same process in reverse?

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

BruceRGilbert wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 2:59 pm Silver Pie, the "spirit" manifest by your "honesty" and "objectivity" indicates that you are close to the Kingdom.

God is more interested in a "gathering" than a "dispersal," I can assure you. It will be a core group of the "pure in heart" that will establish Zion - and not necessarily all L.D.S. It will require "Intellectual Honesty" and "Maturity" - "Emotional Honesty" and "Maturity" to be able to live such a life that allows people to recognize "goodness" and "truth" extant of their "circles" even though they are not the original proprietors of such. It will be these "people" that shall be added to because they are open to "more" and they say not in their hearts, "We have received enough!" and "Beyond this point, (our safe zone,) we will not venture!" It will be a "tried" and "seasoned" community who love others, truth, and who aren't afraid to be "real." Initially, it will resemble more of a "mixed" family than a "polished" organization.

You have in the Book of Mormon the account of the "dis-integration" of the "all things in common" lifestyle resulting in the establishment of "family and friend" tribes. Why wouldn't the "re-integration" not resemble that same process in reverse?
You keep adding to this post (all good stuff) but at the risk of casting pearl before swine, oh how I yearn for this society/community/Zion to be fulfilled! These ideas of "intellectual honesty", "emotional honesty", and "maturity" are wonderful. Lovers of mankind, lovers of truth, and unafraid to tear away the fascade, the masks, the pretentions, and being completely genuine and sincere. A community of individuals, agents of The Good, oath bound to uplift, to build up, and to bring about The Good not just in word but in deed. What wonderful ideas/principles/thoughts!

I'm afraid I am still in a state where I impede these ideas probably more than I facilitate them coming to pass yet I yearn for them, seek after them, and intend to be an agent of The Good forever.

Zion, now! :)

-Finrock

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

BruceRGilbert wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 2:59 pm You have in the Book of Mormon the account of the "dis-integration" of the "all things in common" lifestyle resulting in the establishment of "family and friend" tribes. Why wouldn't the "re-integration" not resemble that same process in reverse?
That makes sense to me. As it fell apart in steps, it also comes together in reverse steps.