Notes from Dr. Jones

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Notes from Dr. Jones

Post by BroJones »

+40

A group of armed unidentified gunmen [who to blame??} cut electric power to the General Headquarters of the Ukrainian Naval forces in Sevastopol, Ukraine on Sunday (today)
Thanks to Phillips avower for the photo reference

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2urDM8EFa

One way or another, the enemy will want to cut off your electrical POWER, as this example demonstrates. And your communications I think.

Prepare for grid-out!!

believer
captain of 1,000

Post by believer »

Advice well taken Dr. Jones.

believer
captain of 1,000

Post by believer »

There is a bill, H.R. 2417 ( Secure High-voltage Infrastructure for Electricity from Lethal Damage Act or the SHIELD Act .) in congress aimed at providing protection for the power grid from an EMP or other type of attack:

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr2417/text" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

believer wrote:There is a bill, H.R. 2417 ( Secure High-voltage Infrastructure for Electricity from Lethal Damage Act or the SHIELD Act .) in congress aimed at providing protection for the power grid from an EMP or other type of attack:

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr2417/text" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
An EMP is basically a "bomb" that wipes out electricity/electronics without harming anything living, right?

believer
captain of 1,000

Post by believer »

Random Phrase asked: An EMP is basically a "bomb" that wipes out electricity/electronics without harming anything living, right?

Basically that's right. It can also come from a solar flare if it comes in just right and is strong enough.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

A Random Phrase wrote:
believer wrote:There is a bill, H.R. 2417 ( Secure High-voltage Infrastructure for Electricity from Lethal Damage Act or the SHIELD Act .) in congress aimed at providing protection for the power grid from an EMP or other type of attack:

An EMP is basically a "bomb" that wipes out electricity/electronics without harming anything living, right?
That's basically correct, ARP.
EMP stands for "ElectroMagnetic Pulse" and can be generated by a high-altitude nuclear bomb designed to wipe out the electrical grid and electronic devices - everything from hand-held to the big computers, destroyed in less than a second. Unless the device is well shielded.

It is known that the US, China and Russia have Super-EMP weapons, very hard to shield against effectively.

Scenario: four Scud (or equivalent) missiles tipped with super-EMP weapons are launched over the US, from an old cargo ship (or two, for redundancy) sitting in international waters. The cruise ships are then blown up, destroyed, and no markings nor any claiming to be the instigator.

About 15 minutes later, the four EMP bombs go off in a pattern over the US. The electrical grid is destroyed, trucks (carrying food etc) are immobilized along with all vehicles depending on a computer.

The US is effectively sent back to ca. 1850 with regard to technological abilities and food and water supplying...

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Wow! That would totally disable commerce, gov't, and so forth, wouldn't it?

What about hospitals? That could cause a lot of damage because they depend on electricity for keeping some people alive.

believer
captain of 1,000

Post by believer »

Yes, that would disable almost everything. Planes in the air would crash unless they have been hardened.

If hospitals had their own generators, they might be able to function. However, pacemakers would not work. People on oxygen would not be able to have it. Medications that many people take that need to be kept refrigerated would not be good anymore. Trucks, trains, or planes that transport almost everything would not be running.

Newer cars would not be running, but old ones could keep running if you could get the gas.

People would start dying very quickly

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Yikes! That would be horrible for so many people.

Matthew28v19
captain of 50

Post by Matthew28v19 »

A couple of fictional books to read that talk about what would happen after a nuclear or EMP attack are:
Alas, Babylon (A little older but still good) by Pat Frank
or
One Second After by William R Forstchen
http://www.onesecondafter.com/

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

A Random Phrase wrote:Wow! That would totally disable commerce, gov't, and so forth, wouldn't it?

What about hospitals? That could cause a lot of damage because they depend on electricity for keeping some people alive.
Along the same lines as Matthew, and nearly at same time:
There are some decent books that describe what would likely happen, informative in a novel format. I might recommend:

One Second After
Lights, Out
and
When the lights went out

(The second is a personal favorite, available on-line. Tough yet somewhat encouraging -- for those who have done some preparations.
Or email me if you'd like a copy.)

GeeR
captain of 1,000

Post by GeeR »

Dr. Jones, I found this cute little low tech motor that runs on a candle and thought you would like to see it. So here it is:
http://www.scraptopower.co.uk/can-stirl ... ing-engine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

Why don't we work on scaring the hell out of everybody??

GeeR
captain of 1,000

Post by GeeR »

Try this link instead.
http://science.wonderhowto.com/how-to/m ... e-0138774/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

believer
captain of 1,000

Post by believer »

The series, "The Great and the Terrible" are my favorites. You don't get the EMP until several books into the series.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

bobhenstra wrote:Why don't we work on scaring the hell out of everybody??
"But if ye are prepared, ye shall not fear." d&c 38

believer
captain of 1,000

Post by believer »

Your avatar scares me, Bob. Hee Hee!

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Here is further research regarding 9/11, another tragedy for which I do not accept the official government story:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_fp5kaVYhk#t=32" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

A note this month on a line of research i'm pursuing:

http://www.collective-evolution.com/201 ... ccessible/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

DrJones wrote:
bobhenstra wrote:Why don't we work on scaring the hell out of everybody??
"But if ye are prepared, ye shall not fear." d&c 38
If an EMP happens it'll be because its a part of the cleansing! And yes people will die, that's what the cleansing is all about. If we understand the Spirit World we should have no fear of dying! Being prepared involves all aspects of the gospel, both physically and spiritually.

The change in the mission rules is an important part of the beginning of the cleansing. It means our Lord is hastening his work, the cleansing is getting much closer, and as the D&C says "if ye are prepared, ye shall not fear." We've had plenty of warning--- Now our lack of preparedness is on us!

Bob

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Thanks, Bob.

Now this testimony before Congressional committee is going viral -- I like her spunk and her whistleblower message:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/xxcMKtsm5BU?rel=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Freedom of speech - I'm reminded of what happened to me at BYU as a full Professor, being placed on Administrative Leave so that I could not teach students anymore, and pushed into early retirement without a hearing on the Admin-leave action which I requested in writing... Early-retired January 2007 at age 57, basically the height of my career - cut short at BYU.

The BYU action hurt me and my family a great deal, and was followed in April 2007 by BYU honoring Dick Cheney with an Honorary PhD for public service with great fanfare (see photo), along with lauding of the Rothschild banking system at the same highly publicized BYU commencement...
Attachments
BYUCheneyPhD.png
BYUCheneyPhD.png (912.34 KiB) Viewed 2422 times

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Just came across this video regarding WTC7 and demolitions expert Danny Jowenko. Explains matters well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zHHvo6U4lA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I lost my job my teaching - but Danny Jowenko lost his life....

moonwhim
captain of 1,000

Post by moonwhim »

DrJones wrote:
A Random Phrase wrote:

That's basically correct, ARP.
EMP stands for "ElectroMagnetic Pulse" and can be generated by a high-altitude nuclear bomb designed to wipe out the electrical grid and electronic devices - everything from hand-held to the big computers, destroyed in less than a second. Unless the device is well shielded.

It is known that the US, China and Russia have Super-EMP weapons, very hard to shield against effectively.

Scenario: four Scud (or equivalent) missiles tipped with super-EMP weapons are launched over the US, from an old cargo ship (or two, for redundancy) sitting in international waters. The cruise ships are then blown up, destroyed, and no markings nor any claiming to be the instigator.

About 15 minutes later, the four EMP bombs go off in a pattern over the US. The electrical grid is destroyed, trucks (carrying food etc) are immobilized along with all vehicles depending on a computer.

The US is effectively sent back to ca. 1850 with regard to technological abilities and food and water supplying...
2014 March 12 from G. Edward Griffin

STOP THE PRESSES!

In the old days, when an important, late-breaking news story came into the offices of a newspaper, the editor would shout: “Stop the presses!” so the story and headline could be inserted on the front page. At least, that’s the way it was portrayed by Hollywood.

About an hour ago, I had a late-breaking idea and began shouting: “Stop the cameras!” Well, not literally. I am speaking about our upcoming documentary, Racing with the Sun, dealing with hardening the power grid against solar storms. Frankly, it’s been tough to convince people that this is really a pressing issue or that there is something that can be done about it. I know we can make a strong case for both of those points in the documentary, but it’s difficult getting financial support to produce the program without first making the case – so that is the Catch-22 that now confronts us.

Back to the late-breaking idea. This afternoon, I took a book from my to-read stack and snuck off to Coffee Bean to have a blended mocha, which sometimes is the only way I can carve out a little bit of time for serious reading. The book was Solar Storms; How the Sun Shaped The Past, by Lawrence Joseph.

As the title suggests, this book shows the profound effect that cycles in solar-flare activity have had on human history. As solar activity increased, so did the temperature of the planet. As solar activity decreased, the planet cooled down again – totally logical and amply supported by the geological record.

To my delight, Joseph documented the fact that the current period of warming (which, incidentally, has just about ended) is merely a repeat of warming and cooling cycles going back thousands of years and has nothing to do with human activity. Nothing!

Fortunately, he doesn’t stop there. He shows how the famous hockey-stick graph presented in the late 1990s by geoscientist Michael Mann at the University of Massachusetts (and used to great effect by Al Gore in his film, An Inconvenient Truth) was a scientific fraud – and the details are fascinating. Here are two examples:

(1) It was discovered by two scientists from Canada, Stephen McIntyre and Ross McKitrick, that the computer program used to create the hockey-stick graph produces a similar result from almost any data fed into it. In the world of statistical analysis, there is a standard routine called the Monte Carlo Test that uses random data with no trends whatsoever to confirm that a computer model has no built-in errors or biases. If all is well, the Monte Carlo Test will produce zero trends. When McIntyre and McKitrick ran the test on Mann’s computer model, out popped a hockey-stick graph just like the one for global temperatures. Conclusion: The computer model was rigged.
http://www.technologyreview.com/news/40 ... bombshell/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(2) The time span for the data used in this study was approximately a thousand years, an absurdly short period when sampling the Earth’s climate history. Data was available for a longer period, so why did Mann stop at a mere 1,000 years? The answer is that, when the period is extended just two-hundred years further into the past, lo and behold, another hockey stick appears at the other end! It’s what is known as the Medieval Warming Period. Conclusion: Politically motivated scientific deception!

This doesn’t mean that global temperature didn’t rise in the last 100 years, because it did. It just means that the increase is not a unique event and was much less than what it appears to be on the graphs. The hockey stick is a grossly exaggerated representation to dramatize a miniscule effect and frighten people into thinking that, with such severe increases in temperature, the end of the world must be near – unless, of course, we accept carbon taxes and more government control over industry and lifestyle.

We published most of this information in Unfiltered News at the time it first became known, but Joseph’s book brought it all back to mind, and it dawned on me that this should be included in our documentary, Racing with The Sun. We didn’t start out to critique the theory of man-made global warming, but this afternoon it became clear that this is exactly what will happen if we tell the whole story of solar cycles.

So this is an important addition to Racing with the Sun. The expanded story now includes three parts. The first is a look into the past at how solar storms have influenced the course of civilization. It includes shifts in migration and agriculture, the evolution of cultures, and the development of nations, all related to climate change from cycles in solar-storm activity. The second part is a look into the future to examine how these effects will continue to influence the direction of civilization. Whether or not that direction will be to our liking depends to a large extent on how we respond to the information presented in part three, which relates to the effect of solar pulses on power grids.

The electronic infrastructure of the modern world is a new phenomenon in history. It hasn’t yet been tested by large-scale solar storms, which have occurred as recently as a hundred years ago. The grid didn’t exist at that time but, if it had, engineers say it would not have survived. When the next one will arrive is unknown, but one thing is certain: we are not ready for it. Unless steps are taken to protect transformers and control systems, the grid WILL be knocked out by the next large-scale storm.

The technology exists to harden the system for about twenty cents per household per year, so cost is not the problem. The problem lies in the lack of unity and coordination among power companies and political bodies. The purpose of Racing with the Sun is to bring public awareness to bear on this issue and, thereby, energize utilities and governments into speedy action.

I need your help to produce this documentary. Become part of this historic project.
It’s a chance to expose the politically motivated myth of global warming and, just perhaps, to head off the collapse of civilization ˗ both with the same shot.

G. Edward Griffin

for more info: http://www.realityzone.com/racing.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

DrJones wrote:
Interesting theory regarding the image on the shroud of Turin:
Neutron radiation caused by 33 A.D. earthquake could have led to "wrong" 1988 radiocarbon dating of Shroud, suggest researchers.

An earthquake in Old Jerusalem might be behind the famous image of the Shroud of Turin, says a group of researchers led by Alberto Carpinteri of the Politecnico di Torino in Italy in an article published in Springer's journal Meccanica. They believe that neutron radiation caused by an earthquake could have induced the image of a crucified man -- which many people believe to be that of Jesus -- onto the length of linen cloth, and caused carbon-14 dating done on it in 1988 to be wrong.

The Shroud has attracted widespread interest ever since Secondo Pia took the first photograph of it in 1898: about whether it is Jesus' purported burial cloth, how old it might be, and how the image was created. According to radiocarbon dating done in 1988, the cloth was only 728 years old at the time. Other researchers have since suggested that the shroud is much older and that the dating process was incorrect because of neutron radiation -- a process which is the result of nuclear fusion or nuclear fission during which free neutrons are released from atoms -- and its interaction with the nuclei of other atoms to form new carbon isotopes.
However, no plausible physical reason has yet been proposed to explain the origin of this neutron radiation. Now Carpinteri's team, through mechanical and chemical experimentation, hypothesizes that high-frequency pressure waves generated in Earth's crust during earthquakes are the source of such neutron emissions. This is based on their research into piezonuclear fission reactions, which are triggered when very brittle rock specimens are crushed under a press machine. In the process, neutrons are produced without gamma emissions. Analogously, the researchers theorize further that neutron flux increments, in correspondence to seismic activity, should be a result of the same reactions.
The researchers therefore believe that neutron emission from a historical earthquake in 33 A.D. in Old Jerusalem, which measured 8.2 on the Richter Scale, could have been strong enough to cause neutron imaging through its interaction with nitrogen nuclei. On the one hand, this could have created the distinctive image on the Shroud through radiation imagery, while on the other, it could have increased the level of carbon-14 isotopes found on the linen fibres that could have confused the 1988 radiocarbon dating tests.
"We believe it is possible that neutron emissions by earthquakes could have induced the image formation on the Shroud's linen fibres, through thermal neutron capture on nitrogen nuclei, and could also have caused a wrong radiocarbon dating," hypothesizes Carpinteri.
Story Source:
The above story is based on materials provided by Springer Science+Business Media. Note: Materials may be edited for content and length.
Journal Reference:
A. Carpinteri, G. Lacidogna, O. Borla. Is the Shroud of Turin in relation to the Old Jerusalem historical earthquake? Meccanica, 2014; DOI: 10.1007/s11012-013-9865-x

So Steve, are you suggesting that Radiocarbon dating is thrown substantially off by the neutron radiation produced by earthquakes? The worldwide earthquake that happened on April 1st 33AD right after Christ gave up the ghost, he was still on the cross, not in the tomb. Aftershocks? Interesting!

Thanks!

Bob

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Bob, it's possible that earthquake-generated neutrons affected the shroud -- that's the argument of these scientists. And yes, very interested... never would have thought of that (IMO)!

Very interesting too is the initiative quoted by Moonwhim -- I support this effort!
Joseph documented the fact that the current period of warming (which, incidentally, has just about ended) is merely a repeat of warming and cooling cycles going back thousands of years and has nothing to do with human activity. Nothing!

Fortunately, he doesn’t stop there. He shows how the famous hockey-stick graph presented in the late 1990s by geoscientist Michael Mann at the University of Massachusetts (and used to great effect by Al Gore in his film, An Inconvenient Truth) was a scientific fraud – and the details are fascinating.