Bob Bennett's desperate fear mongering

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Bob Bennett's desperate fear mongering

Post by Original_Intent »

Here are the last couple of emails I have gotten from Bailout Bob.
Without Bob Bennett in the Senate, Utah's prospects dry up.

Extreme environmentalists want to drain Lake Powell. Other states want to take our share of the Colorado River.

Senator Bennett has been there to stop them.

Senator Bennett has made it illegal for the federal government to consider breaching the Lake Powell Dam. And his tireless efforts for the Central Utah Project and the Rural Utah water program he created have ensured that Utah has enough water to keep up with its phenomenal growth.

Senator Bennett is in line to become chairman of the Energy and Water Appropriations Subcommittee, which will help Utah immensely. A freshman senator would have to wait years to have that kind of influence.

Before you vote, know what the consequences are.

Sincerely,

The Bennett Election Committee
and
This week, I launched a new television ad denouncing the Club for Growth and out-of-state interest groups that have been spreading inaccurate information to try to mislead Utahns and manipulate the Senate election.

These Washington based, New York funded groups have no interest in Utah. They have a dismal track record, and their vicious campaigns against Republicans have resulted in getting Democrats elected. In this election, they have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to distort my record. Their attacks on me have been disproved by independent organizations like FactCheck.org.

These out-of-state interest groups are more interested in dividing Republicans than defeating Democrats.

Last night, another group launched automated phone calls attacking one of my opponents.
These out-of-state groups are completely out of line, whether they’re attacking me or one of my opponents. They’re trying to tell Utahns what to think by using nasty political tactics, but I know Utahns won’t fall for it.

I call on my opponents to join me in rejecting these out-of-state groups who practice the worst kind of politics. Utahns can make up their own mind in this election.

Two of my opponents, Mike Lee and Tim Bridgewater, have signed a pledge with the Club for Growth to oppose me. Of all of my opponents, only Cherilyn Eagar has been willing to denounce the Club for Growth, calling their efforts “exactly the type of dirty dealing that has ruined American politics.”

All of us should be united in asking these special interest groups to stay out of Utah, no matter who they are attacking.

Best,

Bob
Right Bob, and what percentage of your campaing contributions came from out-of state? Hope we throw him a nice retirement party and a free ticket to Massachusetts, Mitt and him can dream up the next great American catastrophe.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Bob Bennett's desperate fear mongering

Post by Col. Flagg »

Original_Intent wrote:Here are the last couple of emails I have gotten from Bailout Bob.
Without Bob Bennett in the Senate, Utah's prospects dry up.

Extreme environmentalists want to drain Lake Powell. Other states want to take our share of the Colorado River.

Senator Bennett has been there to stop them.

Senator Bennett has made it illegal for the federal government to consider breaching the Lake Powell Dam. And his tireless efforts for the Central Utah Project and the Rural Utah water program he created have ensured that Utah has enough water to keep up with its phenomenal growth.

Senator Bennett is in line to become chairman of the Energy and Water Appropriations Subcommittee, which will help Utah immensely. A freshman senator would have to wait years to have that kind of influence.

Before you vote, know what the consequences are.

Sincerely,

The Bennett Election Committee
and
This week, I launched a new television ad denouncing the Club for Growth and out-of-state interest groups that have been spreading inaccurate information to try to mislead Utahns and manipulate the Senate election.

These Washington based, New York funded groups have no interest in Utah. They have a dismal track record, and their vicious campaigns against Republicans have resulted in getting Democrats elected. In this election, they have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to distort my record. Their attacks on me have been disproved by independent organizations like FactCheck.org.

These out-of-state interest groups are more interested in dividing Republicans than defeating Democrats.

Last night, another group launched automated phone calls attacking one of my opponents.
These out-of-state groups are completely out of line, whether they’re attacking me or one of my opponents. They’re trying to tell Utahns what to think by using nasty political tactics, but I know Utahns won’t fall for it.

I call on my opponents to join me in rejecting these out-of-state groups who practice the worst kind of politics. Utahns can make up their own mind in this election.

Two of my opponents, Mike Lee and Tim Bridgewater, have signed a pledge with the Club for Growth to oppose me. Of all of my opponents, only Cherilyn Eagar has been willing to denounce the Club for Growth, calling their efforts “exactly the type of dirty dealing that has ruined American politics.”

All of us should be united in asking these special interest groups to stay out of Utah, no matter who they are attacking.

Best,

Bob
Right Bob, and what percentage of your campaing contributions came from out-of state? Hope we throw him a nice retirement party and a free ticket to Massachusetts, Mitt and him can dream up the next great American catastrophe.
Throw Hatch in there too. These guys have no concept about the importance of doing what is right, moral and ethical, let alone Constitutional. Bennett is nothing but a banker stooge and apologist for the money masters, Hatch wouldn't know the Constitution if it bit him in the nose and Romney is about as wishy-washy a politician as you'll ever get. There is little, if any integrity with these men. Hatch's support of the 'Fed' is disgusting, as is Bennett's and when Romney joined other republicans in attacking a nice, moral, ethical and Constitutional man like Ron Paul during the republican debates in 2008, that was all I needed to know about his character.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

I thought it was cool he dime'd out Eagar!

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

Dang, wish Bennetts names wasn't Bob--------

boB

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

bobhenstra wrote:Dang, wish Bennetts names wasn't Bob--------

boB
LOL Thought the same thing about several other characters!

truthseeds
captain of 100

Post by truthseeds »

As a delegate, I have heard very little support for him (Benny). I think he's outta here! An article in the SLTrib had some polling on Benny and Hatchet and it's not looking too good for them. Ahhh, that is just too bad!

I kind of like Cook, but I recall he was polling at only 1%. Lee was on top, Bridgewater second, Eager - who I initially supported was in third or fourth I think.

Anyone know much about Lee?

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

I like what Lee says, I am not sure I trust him 100%. I do know that Connor Boyack is backing him, and Connor is someone I respect.

Bridgewater is my first choice though. I met with him and felt that I could trust him.

Wiikwajio

Post by Wiikwajio »

Original_Intent wrote:I like what Lee says, I am not sure I trust him 100%. I do know that Connor Boyack is backing him, and Connor is someone I respect.

Bridgewater is my first choice though. I met with him and felt that I could trust him.
Beware Republicans in bearing gifts of alleged honesty.

Any Republican that receives the support of the Republican Party will be a traitor to America.

If the Republican candidate is treated like Ron Paul then you may be able to consider them.

Istand4truth
captain of 100

Post by Istand4truth »

I don't quite understand what problem you have with Cherilyn Eagar.

Eagar refused to take money from the Club For Growth. She said she will not take money from special interests. She also refused to take money from Energy Solutions. I think that that is a good thing!

Istand4truth
captain of 100

Post by Istand4truth »

I got a glossy flier in the mail today from some group called BBR/Get the Truth Out claiming that Mike Lee has taken 150,00 dollars in special interest money. It claims that he is owned by Fat Cats and Special Interests. Does anyone know who BBR is? I can't find anything about the group on the internet. They claim to not be authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

Are they claiming that Lee has taken $50,000 from Club For Growth or some other special interest?

pjbrownie
captain of 1,000

Post by pjbrownie »

Club for Growth . . . eh . . . a special interest that support pro-business tax cut, spending cut . . . is a kind of special interest I can get my hands around.

I used to support Lee. Not sure I trust him 100% so I'm switching my allegiance to Eager. Bridgewater seems a little "out there" for me.

pjbrownie
captain of 1,000

Post by pjbrownie »

Campaigning like this is no big deal to bailout Bob. He's used to these kinds of dirty tricks. In 1992 he bested a more qualified and more popular candidate by going for the jugular.

I love his career politician excuse. Washington is soooo corrupt that you need someone who's corrupt for Utah's interests to make sure we don't get screwed. Nice, Bob. How about we just elect a Senator that uses nullification for things that aren't in Utah's interests - how about that, Bob?

Istand4truth
captain of 100

Post by Istand4truth »

How do you feel about Bridgewater working for the McCain campaign? He seems like too much of an insider to me.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Istand4truth wrote:How do you feel about Bridgewater working for the McCain campaign? He seems like too much of an insider to me.
That was probably the big problem that I had with Bridgewater as I started researching months ago. And I will concede he is an imperfect candidate. I will say he is the one that I trust the most and I feel from my own study and discussions with the candidates that he is the most likely to restrain himself to constitutional limitations.

Cherilyn Eagar endorsed Mitt Romney and I have discussed that with her online (I have not had a face to face with Cherilyn ever). She says that she would not endorse Mitt Romney knowing what she knows now and says that she only ever endorsed him because she has family connections and felt like she might have some access to help guide him if he were elected president...Eagar was my top choice early on, and I do not want to raise the ire of anyone who has chosen to support her. Let me preface with saying that I feel that anyone else running, that I am aware of, both within the GOP and in other parties, would be an improvement over Bennett. That said my primary concern with Eagar is she has on numerous occasions displayed a lack of understanding of the limitations placed on her as a Senator (if whe were elected) and has in many instances stated that she would support various policies that show that lack of understanding. I believe that she is a good enough person that if she could be brought to see this, that she would "self-correct" and do the right thing. The problem with Eagar is all of her experience is as an activist for various causes, and my judgement is that she sees the office of Senator as a tool to be able to achieve by law the good causes she supports. The problem is not what she wants to accomplish, the problem is that once you have given the government the power to make decisions in a given area, then you are also stuck with the decisions made in that area by people who you disagree with.

As regards to Lee - no one can quote you chapter and verse the constitution like he can. I think that he would probably even start out being a fine senator. I just have a bad feeling about him, I do not trust that once in power that he has the strength to stand alone if necessary, and may be too willing to compromise, to cut backroom deals (with the best of intentions)...I have nothing to base that on but my feelings. I wouldn't ask anyone to support or not support him based on my feelings - please prayerfully consider though.

Istand4truth
captain of 100

Post by Istand4truth »

I know that Tim Bridgewater does seem fairly independent and grass roots, but he does not go into his views deep enough for me. He also sneakily called onto a radio program with Mills Crenshaw on KTKK trying to announce that minuteman Gilchrist was endorsing him. Mills thought that he would be interviewing Gilchrist alone about the Minuteman project and all of a sudden Gilchrist announces his endorsement of Bridgewater who just happens to be calling in at the same time. I think it caught Mills off guard because it was a surprise to him that Gilchrist was endorsing Bridgewater.

I don't know if I trust Gilchrist. He also endorsed Huckaby who I consider a Rino.
Mills said right after the interview: "If you wanted an advertisement all you had to do was pay for one". That really turned me off because it seemed like the two of them planned that move, and it kind of back fired.

I am against NAFTA and GATT for sovereignty reasons and Cherilyn Eagar is the only one who even discusses that.

With all due respect I would really encourage you to go see Cherilyn Eagar personally. I was a little unsure of her until I researched her website and listened to her twice. Her views are most like mine. I am still undecided, but I believe she is the real conservative in the race.

I think it is important to go hear all of the candidates face to face before we make these choices so I would encourage you to see all of them.

p51-mustang
captain of 1,000

Post by p51-mustang »

Why is nobody talking about Scott Bradley? Isnt he running? I have listened to his talks and he seems like the real deal. He seems incorruptable to me and knows the constitution better than anyone.

p51-mustang
captain of 1,000

Post by p51-mustang »

She is/has been a county and state delegate multiple times and has worked on many campaigns – Nixon (CA governor), Reagan (CA governor/President), Goldwater, Buchanan, John Ashcroft’s presidential exploratory committee, Bush 2004 and Romney’s Utah Women for Mitt Committee. She managed Tom Draschil’s campaign opposing Chris Cannon for Utah’s 3rd congressional district and helped train former Congresswoman Enid Greene’s GOTV team.
Eager appears to be all over the place in who she supports. From Romney to Goldwater, and why in the heck would she help Ashcroft and Bush get elected?

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

p51-mustang wrote:Why is nobody talking about Scott Bradley? Isnt he running? I have listened to his talks and he seems like the real deal. He seems incorruptable to me and knows the constitution better than anyone.
I have worked for twenty years in thrid parties. Scott Bradley may end up being who I vote for in November. However, experience has taught me that one of the nominees for the two main parties is going to win - therefore during the PRIMARY season I am trying to make sure that the nominee of the dominant Utah party is the best possible choice, as again, many years of experience has taught me he or she is going to be our next Utah Senator.

I am not defending voting for the lesser of two evils. Come November I will vote for the candidate of any party that I deem to be the best candidate, and his or her "viability" will not affect that decision as I consider my vote a sacred trust. However, I am going to do whatever I can at this point to get the best person possible as the Republican nominee. It would be a nice change to have to choose between good candidates instead of among poor ones.

Istand4truth
captain of 100

Post by Istand4truth »

You have a point when you say that Cherilyn Eagar worked for Bush's campaign in 2004. John Ashcroft is not my favorite person either.

That was back in 2004 though. Perhaps she has evolved in her views since then. Many people's views of Bush have changed since then.
I have to go on what she is saying right now. Right now she is the one who duplicates my own views the most out of all of the candidates.

I really like Scott Bradley. He is running on the Constitution party ticket. I am a Republican delegate right now, so I have to choose from the list of Republican candidates. If I end up not liking the Republican winner I might consider voting for Bradley in November.

All I am saying is that delegates need to go talk face to face with all of the candidates.

p51-mustang
captain of 1,000

Post by p51-mustang »

Original_Intent wrote:
p51-mustang wrote:Why is nobody talking about Scott Bradley? Isnt he running? I have listened to his talks and he seems like the real deal. He seems incorruptable to me and knows the constitution better than anyone.
I have worked for twenty years in thrid parties. Scott Bradley may end up being who I vote for in November. However, experience has taught me that one of the nominees for the two main parties is going to win - therefore during the PRIMARY season I am trying to make sure that the nominee of the dominant Utah party is the best possible choice, as again, many years of experience has taught me he or she is going to be our next Utah Senator.

I am not defending voting for the lesser of two evils. Come November I will vote for the candidate of any party that I deem to be the best candidate, and his or her "viability" will not affect that decision as I consider my vote a sacred trust. However, I am going to do whatever I can at this point to get the best person possible as the Republican nominee. It would be a nice change to have to choose between good candidates instead of among poor ones.
Well said OI, i am in agreement. I have studied all the repub candidates and they are all very flawed. The 2 things I dont hear them talk about is the danger of the fed and none are calling for an end to the bogus wars. Very disappointing .

Istand4truth
captain of 100

Post by Istand4truth »

Cherilyn Eagar has talked about the dangers of the Fed. Just go and listen to her.

mattctr
captain of 100

Post by mattctr »

Here's what I've heard about the candidates from multiple people whom I trust, though I haven't taken the time :oops: :oops: :oops: to verify their feedback, but I thought it a good starting point to make the best decisions:

Tim Bridgewater (If these "negative" statements are confirmed, I would NOT support him, regardless of anything else he says.)
Positive: He's run for Congress twice before, he's a businessman who has run on that platform. He is slowly adopting the language of the Constitution in his campaigning to appeal to the wider and more constitutionally-minded base.
Negative: Two of my sources say he spearheaded John McCain's presidential bid in the western states (= Failed the RP Test of being able to recognize a true statesman); Tim is good friends with the Bush family; and he worked for the Reagan administration collecting receivables from other countries to whom the US had lent money. "He is, in my view, more of a moderate Republican," ads one.

Cherilyn Eagar:
Positive: Cherilyn has the longest track record of activism, wants to audit the FED, then end it, and return to a sound and honest monetary system.
Negative: One trusted source said: "Cherilyn was quickly eliminated from my list of potential candidates to support after an email exchange I had with her last fall, where she maintained that so-called "debauchery" issues can and should be regulated at the federal level -- things like drugs, alcohol, pornography, etc. I challenged her a couple times to provide constitutional backing for this, but she failed. Others have asked her the same question in the months since, and her defense has been, among other things: 1) The 5,000 Year Leap says it's okay; 2) they are national issues, so they need to be handled at the federal level; and 3) the general welfare clause." On the one hand, she says: "I support pro-life and pro-family legislation at the federal level." Then, she says, "I believe the best way to achieve the objectives of Utah’s values conservative majority is to work on protecting these vital rights, freedoms and values at the state level and to allow the citizens and citizen-legislators of each individual state to determine their own laws regarding these important issues." Which is it? Remember that any tool we give "our side/cause," we also give to the other side/cause.

Mike Lee:
Positive:He has promised that he will not vote in support of any bill that cannot be reconciled with the text of the Constitution itself. He has promised he will not vote in support of a bill that he has not been able to read himself. He knows the Constitution thoroughly, and when responding to a question will cite article, section and clause in reference. Mike also wants to audit/end the fed, have sound money, etc.
Negative: Mike has some questionable endorsements (Huntsman, Shurtliff, etc.), but from a trusted RP guy who has been very involved with Mike's campaign: "I can affirm that these individuals have no bearing on policy or anything of the like." He likened this questionable support to the unsavory supporters who donated to RP (racists, brothel owners, etc.) that weren't a true reflection of RP's character.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Istand4truth wrote:I got a glossy flier in the mail today from some group called BBR/Get the Truth Out claiming that Mike Lee has taken 150,00 dollars in special interest money. It claims that he is owned by Fat Cats and Special Interests. Does anyone know who BBR is?
Wouldn't be surprised if BBR = Bob Bennett Reelection.

echoing Mattctr's comment. Eagar has already told us she will violate her Oath of Office by regulating things at the Federal level which are meant to be dealt with at the State level. That's enough reason why I would not encourage anyone to vote for her.

mattctr
captain of 100

Post by mattctr »

Istand4truth wrote:I got a glossy flier in the mail today from some group called BBR/Get the Truth Out claiming that Mike Lee has taken 150,00 dollars in special interest money. It claims that he is owned by Fat Cats and Special Interests. Does anyone know who BBR is?
I found that interesting, so I went to Mike Lee's website to see his campaigns response:
http://www.mikelee2010.com/as-mike-lees ... -increase/
On Wednesday, April 28th, a series of robo-calls were pushed out to delegates from a group called “Get the Truth Out.” The call made reckless and slanderous accusations that the Lee campaign had accepted $150,000 in contributions from Washington special interest groups.

Campaign Manager Ryan McCoy stated: “This is clearly Washington-style politics-as-usual – the very issue that inspired so many of this year's delegates to get involved. It is one thing delegates want very much to change.” Providing further insight and transparency, he said: “We condemned other group’s attacks and rejected or returned donations from all groups that engage in such tactics. The only outside group we have received any donations from was an in-kind donation from FreedomWorks. They produced two positive mailers worth $4,000 to the campaign which was noted in our regular filings.”

...Deputy Campaign Manager Dan Hauser commented: “Because this is pure and simple slander, we have filed a complaint with the State of Utah, the Lieutenant Governor’s Office, and are working with the FEC and other authorities to determine who was involved and intend to expose those involved for what they truly are...”