Where are we right now in the meridian of time?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Where are we right now in the meridian of time?

Post by Col. Flagg »

In the scriptures, we are told that the earth has a temporal existence of 7,000 years. We also know of the 7 seals, each one being a 1,000 year period. It is my understanding that so far, this has been the progression:

4000 BC to 3000 BC - 1st seal
3000 BC to 2000 BC - 2nd seal
2000 BC to 1000 BC - 3rd seal
1000 BC to 0 AD - 4th seal
0 AD to 1000 AD - 5th seal
1000 AD to 2000 AD - 6th seal
2000 AD to 3000 AD - 7th seal

Based upon this information, we can deduce that we're supposed to be living in the time of the 7th seal, which is when Christ's 2nd coming occurs, as well as the ushering in of the millennium. However, any serious study of scripture and the intricacies of the time frames involved will reveal that there is an overlapping of the 6th and 7th seals. Christ's 2nd coming actually occurs after the 6th seal is closed, but before the 7th is opened. Is this the 'silence in heaven' for half an hour (21 years) window? In other words, are we looking at around the year 2021 for the second coming?

We are told that no man knoweth the day or the hour the Savior will come in glory and that only the Lord knows this. However, it does not say that man cannot or will not determine or know of the year. There are many things that still need to occur before the Savior comes again, but considering many of the frightening prophecies we are given that precede his coming (a 13 month world war, 3 1/2 years of prophecy in Jerusalem by two LDS prophets who are killed and left dead in the streets for 3 days before they rise to the astonishment of the world, Armageddon, cities being destroyed by water, a great hailstorm that destroys the crops of the earth, etc., etc., etc.), 13 years doesn't leave a lot of time for many of the things to occur, including vital church work.

I'm just curious to get some opinions (expert or not) about where we are in this timeline.

Robert
captain of 100

Re: Where are we right now in the meridian of time?

Post by Robert »

End of 2033 to the begining of 2034.

I dont think the 21 years of war has started yet.

Robert
captain of 100

Post by Robert »

I had to look for some kind of source to back up my theory. Only found one. My theory was originaly based on the idea of adding 2012 and 21.

Hinkley gave a speech at the end of the year of 2005. It was about Joseph's pharaoh dream. He said something About how he felt that it was coming towards the end of the 7 fat cows and heading towards the 7 lean cows. I believe the date of the talk puts it around nov., dec. 2012.

The mayan calendar also indicates a change during this time.

I then added 21 years of war and thus I made a fun guess of 2033.

Here is a link that I found. Dont know if it is right or not.

http://www.meridianmagazine.com/sci_rel ... endar.html

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Proud 2b Peculiar »

Not going to speculate, I would just say that Christ is with Zion while there is war with the rest of the world, so Zion is here before Christ comes to the World as the official 2nd coming.

Ever thought about all those that go with him to Jerusalem?

will
captain of 1,000

Post by will »

"Hinkley gave a speech at the end of the year of 2005. It was about Joseph's pharaoh dream. He said something About how he felt that it was coming towards the end of the 7 fat cows and heading towards the 7 lean cows. I believe the date of the talk puts it around nov., dec. 2012"
yes, president hinkley did refer to Joseph and pharaohs dream in 2005 however, check October 2001 Sunday morning Confrence talk, He mentioned it after septembr 11th, in 2005 he was telling not to forget about what he said in 2001. The actual talk on Joseph was in 2001 + 7 years=2008.

Robert
captain of 100

Post by Robert »

http://www.moroni10.com/President_Hinck ... d_men.html

He also talked about it At the end of the year in 1998. 1998 + 7 =2005 The fat cows

Another before metioned talk at the end of the year in 2005. 2005 + 7= 2012 the lean cow.

They have to talk in code. Dont ever question me again will.

Just playing.

Robert
captain of 100

Post by Robert »

left an "e" out. try it again

Robert
captain of 100

Post by Robert »

2033 is also the 2000th anniversary of the resurrection of the savior.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Proud 2b Peculiar »

Robert wrote:2033 is also the 2000th anniversary of the resurrection of the savior.
I used to think that, but then when I read that the last days will be shortened I thought, maybe not...

But I never try to figure out a date. I hope to be able to be spiritually in tune to know when and where and what at the right moments.

Robert
captain of 100

Post by Robert »

LoveChrist wrote:
Robert wrote:2033 is also the 2000th anniversary of the resurrection of the savior.
I used to think that, but then when I read that the last days will be shortened I thought, maybe not...

But I never try to figure out a date. I hope to be able to be spiritually in tune to know when and where and what at the right moments.

I heard a story from someone that went on a mission. It was told to a large group by an apostle that if they lived a normal life span that they would see the second comeing. Cant remember his name. According to the life span and doing some simple math I came up with no later than 2040 to 2042.

He will be here soon and all of you son's and daughters of perdition will burn.

I am omnipotent and dont take kindly to you not believeign me.

I got to go to a meeting now. The secret kind.

ROB GIBBSEN
captain of 100

Post by ROB GIBBSEN »

Time is a very curious thing....

gruden
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden »

On my mission I came across something interesting. A fellow missionary worked with a BYU professor who had an old Hebrew timeline. Basically, Jesus' life is the meridian of time. Most people assume a thin line at his birth, when actually it's his *whole* life, meaning 33 years.

That puts us to 2033. That's of course assuming he was born in 0 BCE. I suspect he was born 4 BCE. Thus I'm guessing the last dispensation starts sometime around 2030-ish.

However, a lot of crap happens at the end of the 6th dispensation. Look for an economic collapse and be ready.

ROB GIBBSEN
captain of 100

Post by ROB GIBBSEN »

I think I will be dead by the time Jesus comes again. I am 29 now.

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

Are you sick?

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

jbalm wrote:
Are you sick?
He looks sick for a 29 yr old.
I'll be around when the great return happens.

ROB GIBBSEN
captain of 100

Post by ROB GIBBSEN »

I am sick just not the way you are thinking......

I just feel that I would have lived my life when He comes back.

ROB GIBBSEN
captain of 100

Post by ROB GIBBSEN »

I am ready for Him now and I will be ready for Him whenever the plan is carried out.