Putin tells America to turn back to Christ.

For discussion of political issues in general.

Postby Fiannan » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:23 pm

I realize taht many people even on this forum drink from the MSM corporate Kool-aid and in regards to Russia and Putin but the man is more committed to God and freedom than the likes of the leadership of either political party and Obama.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014 ... ian-Values
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors."
Plato
Fiannan
captain of 1,000

Sponsor

Sponsor

The Mormon Chronicle

Latter-day Conservative

Re: Putin tells America to turn back to Christ.

Postby Valiance » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:41 pm

I hate to burst your bubble Fiannan, but Putin telling America to return to Christ is the equivalent of Genghis Khan giving his people a speech on compassion and peace.
The truth of all things will be shouted from the rooftops some day!
Valiance
captain of 100

Postby Fiannan » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:44 pm

Valiance wrote:I hate to burst your bubble Fiannan, but Putin telling America to return to Christ is the equivalent of Genghis Khan giving his people a speech on compassion and peace.

Yeah, just keep telling yourself that. How's the lineup on MSNBC this season?
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors."
Plato
Fiannan
captain of 1,000

Postby Fiannan » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:10 pm

Plato
Fiannan
captain of 1,000

Postby Valiance » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:54 pm

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/nt/matt/7?lang=eng

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Valiance
captain of 100

Postby braingrunt » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:12 pm

Valiance wrote:I hate to burst your bubble Fiannan, but Putin telling America to return to Christ is the equivalent of Genghis Khan giving his people a speech on compassion and peace.

Except for one important difference: as far as we know Genghis khan never gave such a speech.
braingrunt
captain of 100

Postby Matthew.B » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:31 pm

I'm hesitant when I read that "Russia has adopted new laws that... and criminalizes the insulting of religious sensibilities". I haven't been following the news lately-- too much going on in my personal life to follow it too closely-- but I am worried about the possibilities of religious fanaticism gaining prominence in Russia. I don't know much about Putin or his past (some say he was involved in murderous KGB operations; I really don't know) or the political climate in Russia, so I don't know if his speech is hypocrisy or not.

I do know that Putin is right that America has turned its back on God.
D&C 136:21-23
I am the Lord your God, even the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham and of Isaac and Jacob. I am he who led the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt; and my arm is stretched out in the last days, to save my people Israel.
Matthew.B
captain of 1,000

Postby Sariel » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:40 pm

Most likely political.
MatthewH.
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. (1 John 4:8)
Sariel
captain of 100

Postby Valiance » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:42 pm

braingrunt wrote:

Except for one important difference: as far as we know Genghis khan never gave such a speech.

If he would have, who would have bought it? Let me put it another way... it's the same thing as Obama running around the country giving press conferences and speeches about the importance of abiding by the Constitution. See the problem?
Valiance
captain of 100

Postby Valiance » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:47 pm

Matthew.B wrote:I do know that Putin is right that America has turned its back on God.

I wouldn't say the whole country has... government for sure and maybe 50% of the population as well, but there are still a lot of good people in this nation who I would be more than happy to fight for or die for if it ever came to that. It's the other 50% that need to be cleansed, humbled and brought to their knees.
Valiance
captain of 100

Postby deep water » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:53 pm

V; 90% of the voters in Utah voted for bush cheney. Your estimate of 50% is way off bro.
deep water
captain of 100

Postby lemuel » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:56 pm

Putin is just trolling us here. No one considers him a man of faith.
Man in Black: They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.

Jacob: It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.
lemuel
Operating Thetan

Postby deep water » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:09 pm

Is the A.C. showing its ugly face, or is it a Saul or Samuel ???
deep water
captain of 100

Postby Fiannan » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:04 pm

Reagan praised Chrisitan values and I am sure there were those who called it political. Obama has been kind to Islam and I am sure there are those who quesiton his core values as well.

Putin is trying to get an important point across and it drives the NWO crazy.
Plato
Fiannan
captain of 1,000

Postby Benjamin_LK » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:37 pm

Valiance wrote:
Matthew.B wrote:I do know that Putin is right that America has turned its back on God.

I wouldn't say the whole country has... government for sure and maybe 50% of the population as well, but there are still a lot of good people in this nation who I would be more than happy to fight for or die for if it ever came to that. It's the other 50% that need to be cleansed, humbled and brought to their knees.

Well, as Samuel the Lamanite is famous for saying, " 14 But behold, it is for the righteous’ sake that it is spared. But behold, the time cometh, saith the Lord, that when ye shall cast out the righteous from among you, then shall ye be aripe for destruction; yea, wo be unto this great city, because of the wickedness and abominations which are in her." (Helaman 13:14)

I honestly believe that this rule always applies. If there really is no decent person, or a genuine extermination of what is decent going on, well, the GAS would be pretty much around the corner.
Hebrews 11:1
Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Postby Benjamin_LK » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:39 pm

Matthew.B wrote:I'm hesitant when I read that "Russia has adopted new laws that... and criminalizes the insulting of religious sensibilities". I haven't been following the news lately-- too much going on in my personal life to follow it too closely-- but I am worried about the possibilities of religious fanaticism gaining prominence in Russia. I don't know much about Putin or his past (some say he was involved in murderous KGB operations; I really don't know) or the political climate in Russia, so I don't know if his speech is hypocrisy or not.

I do know that Putin is right that America has turned its back on God.

That is an important point, extreme religious fanaticism and extreme secular fanaticism are perhaps equally as dangerous.
Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Postby Fiannan » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:52 pm

Putin worked for the KGB...Bush was the head of the CIA. Just saying.
Plato
Fiannan
captain of 1,000

Postby SmallFarm » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:25 pm

Left hand and right hand pull opposite ways to tear paper, yet their goal is unified.
By this shall men know ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. ~ John 13:35
https://www.facebook.com/jason.farnsworth.33
SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Postby buffalo_girl » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:34 pm

Genghis Khan giving his people a speech on compassion and peace.

Genghis Khan did say regarding the nations he overthrew, "If you had not been evil doers, God would have protected you from invasion."
buffalo_girl
captain of 1,000

Postby Benjamin_LK » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:30 pm

Fiannan wrote:Putin worked for the KGB...Bush was the head of the CIA. Just saying.

The older Bush was once head of the CIA, GWB was a frat boy.
Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Postby Benjamin_LK » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:31 pm

Fiannan wrote:Reagan praised Chrisitan values and I am sure there were those who called it political. Obama has been kind to Islam and I am sure there are those who quesiton his core values as well.

Putin is trying to get an important point across and it drives the NWO crazy.

Not just Christianity, he appointed members of the church to his cabinet. He visited and talked with GBH as well, IIRC.
Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Postby Matthew.B » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:46 pm

SmallFarm wrote:Left hand and right hand pull opposite ways to tear paper, yet their goal is unified.

Dude... My head just, like, exploded. Nice.
D&C 136:21-23
I am the Lord your God, even the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham and of Isaac and Jacob. I am he who led the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt; and my arm is stretched out in the last days, to save my people Israel.
Matthew.B
captain of 1,000

Return to General Discussions