Visions of Glory - As told to John Pontius

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
investigator
captain of 100

Re: Visions of Glory - By John Pontius as told by:Spencer

Post by investigator »

I pre-ordered this book from Amazon but it never showed up. I bought 2 of them from Barnes and Noble in West Jordan. They had three or four more there and more in Sandy and on line. I can not say enough good about this book. A must read for those interested in end times, NDE, translation, return of the ten tribes, Zion, translation, spirit/angel interaction with mortals and much more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Etosha
captain of 100

Post by Etosha »

I'm dying to get mine - still waiting from Amazon!

roz_rusty
captain of 10

Post by roz_rusty »

I am new here. A friend from another LDS site recommended that I come over here. I am reading Visions of Glory for the second time. It has had a profound effect on me. At the beginning of this year, I read The Triumph of Zion and then read Following the Light of Christ into His Presence. I've read a lot of M. Catherine Thomas' work and have started reading Denver Snuffer's books. All of it has had a huge effect on me. I have struggled and worked on what I needed to do to get to the "next level" in the gospel and finally feel that I have had doors opened that have given me a new vista. It's not anything new - it's not different from the gospel. It's a level within the gospel that has always been there - I just hadn't seen it, yet. After reading about how to "become Zion" I learned that John Pontius was writing a book about the NDEs of a man referred to as "Spencer". I was thrilled with what little I read about it. I devoured the book and felt the Spirit affirming to me that this was real. As I said, I'm reading it, again. I know this was Spencer's look into his own future. I also know that many people have had dreams and visions of what is coming, and I have not found inconsistencies between Spencer's NDEs and what others have seen, especially the more widely accepted ones like John Taylor's vision and the Cardston temple vision. Is it all literal? Probably not. Could any of the things he saw actually happen? Absolutely. And the thing that I have learned is that we need to be careful with our preconceived ideas of what the fulfillment of prophecy will look like. It may look very different that we think. But if we have learned to listen to that "still, small voice" we will probably be able to recognize the fulfillment of prophecy when we see it. We are in for one heck of a ride!!!

Sariel
captain of 100

Post by Sariel »

I bought the book a while back, but it's still on back order. Now there is a kindle version, I should have just gotten that! :((

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

I'm still waiting for mine to come from Amazon. I wonder why they're still out of stock. Should I cancel or just wait patiently. I have yet to get through Triumph of Zion and Come Let Us Adore Him.

:-?

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

coachmarc wrote:I'm still waiting for mine to come from Amazon. I wonder why they're still out of stock. Should I cancel or just wait patiently. I have yet to get through Triumph of Zion and Come Let Us Adore Him.

:-?
I'm pretty sure it will show up, eventually:-). Mine came quicker than I expected it from Amazon, but I think I was one of the first to pre-order it; and they got a pretty small number out of that first batch.

I finished it last night and I'm kind of sad--I thoroughly enjoyed reading it; and it will be one of the very few books I ever go back and reread. I found the parts on translation, the 144,000, and how things actually worked in the city of Zion VERY fascinating. I've been reading NDE books since George Ritchie's book came out oh-so-long ago, but this one really has a LOT of information that pertains specifically to the Latter-Day saints, and isn't dumbed down for the broader markets.

Gad
General of Ignoramuses

Post by Gad »

I just wish they'd release it on Kindle already. It finally has a Kindle edition, but says it is unavailable still.

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

Anyone else have thoughts on this book? I got mine and read it - very interesting. For those of you living along the Wasatch front, good luck. Spencer isn't the only with visions/dreams of a great earthquake and flooding headed your way. Hopefully at least some of you will head the call to flee before that happens.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

I'm still waiting for mine. :((

JerL
captain of 100

Re: Visions of Glory - By John Pontius as told to: Spencer

Post by JerL »

I talked to a local book dealer last week. She said they were on their fourth printing already, there is very high demand for this book.

Gad
General of Ignoramuses

Post by Gad »

I wish they would release it on Kindle. There is a kindle version but it says not available.

e-eye
captain of 100

Post by e-eye »

Gad wrote:I wish they would release it on Kindle. There is a kindle version but it says not available.
This is now available via kindle as I just downloaded it and I have started to read it.

Gad
General of Ignoramuses

Post by Gad »

e-eye wrote:
Gad wrote:I wish they would release it on Kindle. There is a kindle version but it says not available.
This is now available via kindle as I just downloaded it and I have started to read it.
Sweet. I just grabbed it. Thanks for the update.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Visions of Glory - As told to John Pontius

Post by EmmaLee »

I have a question about something Spencer says at the bottom of page 60. He describes how he physically felt after meeting with the Savior, and says he was rejuvinated, full of energy, not tired at all the next day, even though he'd been up all night and had gotten no sleep. This is the complete opposite of the way Joseph Smith and other prophets describe their physical status after their first few intense spiritual manifestations (using such terms as drained, tired, weak, etc... Joseph commented on this aspect quite a bit throughout his life, in relation to him and others). I wonder why the polar opposite physical results after essentially the same spiritual experience?

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

Mine hasn't come yet. Boo. :((

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Mine came last week! :ymparty:

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Ordered mine from Amazon last month...still out of stock! :(

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

Stella Solaris wrote:I have a question about something Spencer says at the bottom of page 60. He describes how he physically felt after meeting with the Savior, and says he was rejuvinated, full of energy, not tired at all the next day, even though he'd been up all night and had gotten no sleep. This is the complete opposite of the way Joseph Smith and other prophets describe their physical status after their first few intense spiritual manifestations (using such terms as drained, tired, weak, etc... Joseph commented on this aspect quite a bit throughout his life, in relation to him and others). I wonder why the polar opposite physical results after essentially the same spiritual experience?
Quite a contrast to this.
When Daniel saw the Lord he "alone saw the vision" (Dan 10:7) and not those who were with him. The others felt the great presence (v. 7) but saw nothing. The physical effect upon Daniel was exhausting. He collapsed and had to be strengthened (v. 10). Three times he collapsed and three times he was touched by the Lord to strengthen him (vs. 10,16,18). It was real and VERY physical. Yet he alone saw the Lord. It is always so. Hence Paul's comment "whether in the body I cannot tell; or whether out of the body I cannot tell" ( 2Cor12:2). It IS physical. But those who are excluded merely feel the terrible presence, and see nothing. Those included are like Daniel and Joseph Smith, left exhausted from such encounters (see JS-H 1:48).
http://denversnuffer.blogspot.com/2010_ ... chive.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

eric
captain of 100

Post by eric »

Stella Solaris wrote:I have a question about something Spencer says at the bottom of page 60. He describes how he physically felt after meeting with the Savior, and says he was rejuvinated, full of energy, not tired at all the next day, even though he'd been up all night and had gotten no sleep. This is the complete opposite of the way Joseph Smith and other prophets describe their physical status after their first few intense spiritual manifestations (using such terms as drained, tired, weak, etc... Joseph commented on this aspect quite a bit throughout his life, in relation to him and others). I wonder why the polar opposite physical results after essentially the same spiritual experience?
Stella, he was in his spirit in that meeting. When you are in the body, it will wear you right down - thus the phenomenon described by many as "the consuming of my flesh". I think there is more to it, but that is it in a nutshell....

briznian
captain of 100

Post by briznian »

I don't know either but John Pontius describes having an experience much the same.

moving2zion
captain of 100

Post by moving2zion »

Ordered mine a month ago from amazon, still waiting. everyone that reads it only has goof things to say about Pontius's book though.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Connor Boyack just posted on Facebook. VoG is now available on Kindle:

http://www.amazon.com/Visions-Glory-Ast ... s+of+Glory" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He also just called Cedar Fort. Looks like the next batch should arrive in two weeks. I guess we'll see...

Gad
General of Ignoramuses

Post by Gad »

I'm at 31%. So far I love it.
The last thing I want to mention that I learned from this experience is that anytime Christ descends and speaks to a mortal, it is so weighty with meaning that mere words cannot convey the fulness of the truths given. The message is layered. First are the words He speaks, and then there is a vastly larger body of truth you receive spiritually, layer upon layer, more truth than you can understand for years afterward. One small moment in the presence of the Savior can last for a lifetime. This is the reason the scriptures are so powerful, because they contain the words spoken by Christ, and this layered truth is still there, spiritually interwoven with those words. It takes a lifetime of spiritual growth and obedience to be able to receive the deeper layers. They are truly there, and they contain the great mysteries and greater truths He desires that we acquire and enjoy in our lifetime. Any circumstance we find ourselves in, the answers are given within the recorded experiences of people who spoke with the Savior.

This is the reason the scriptures are so powerful, because they contain the words spoken by Christ, and this layered truth is still there, spiritually interwoven with those words. It takes a lifetime of spiritual growth and obedience to be able to receive the deeper layers. They are truly there, and they contain the great mysteries and greater truths He desires that we acquire and enjoy in our lifetime. Any circumstance we find ourselves in, the answers are given within the recorded experiences of people who spoke with the Savior.

Pontius, John (2012-11-13). Visions of Glory: One Man's Astonishing Account of the Last Days (p. 65). Cedar Fort, Inc.. Kindle Edition.
I think this part was very insightful. I also think it applies to almost any vision. There is just so layers that you can ponder on them for years.

Gideon
captain of 100

Post by Gideon »

Much of the book is about future events, but the section on relationships has value right now, I especially liked this:

My prayer has become, “Let me be your voice, let me be your hands, let me be knowingly involved so that I can be inspired to do thy work in their lives.”

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

Gideon wrote:Much of the book is about future events, but the section on relationships has value right now, I especially liked this:

My prayer has become, “Let me be your voice, let me be your hands, let me be knowingly involved so that I can be inspired to do thy work in their lives.”
That is beautiful..... :YMPRAY: