Three Months to Save the Euro: George Soros

Discuss political news items / current events.
Messenger
captain of 100

Post by Messenger »

I don't have an opinion one way or the other with regards to George Soros, but I will say the big money folks tend to know whats going on in the financial markets, even though they tend to be oblivious to moral and ethical subjects. Not having competing currencies is the whole problem in my opinion. The euro amounts to fiscal welfare on the backs of other countries.

By: Catherine Boyle
Staff Writer, CNBC.com
Source: http://www.cnbc.com/id/47642499" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"We are at an inflection point. After the expiration of the three months’ window, the markets will continue to demand more but the authorities will not be able to meet their demands,” he warned in a speech at the Festival of Economics in Trento, Italy."

"The “center” is responsible for designing a flawed system, enacting flawed treaties, pursuing flawed policies and always doing too little too late."
Last edited by Messenger on June 3rd, 2012, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

awar_e
captain of 100

Re: Three Months to Save the Euro: George Soros

Post by awar_e »

George Soros has certainly earned the right to an in depth study of his history and his current nefarious deeds such as the control of the grain elevators and grain inventories in the US.
As a starting point, do a quick search on "the man who broke the bank of England".
He is not one to be taken lightly.

Tribunal
captain of 1,000

Post by Tribunal »

awar_e wrote:George Soros has certainly earned the right to an in depth study of his history and his current nefarious deeds such as the control of the grain elevators and grain inventories in the US.
As a starting point, do a quick search on "the man who broke the bank of England".
That's why I take him seriously when he says there's three months. I wonder though, is he telling the powers-that-be they have three months to get their house of cards in order, or is he telling the powers-that-be in three months he will make their house of cards will fall?

awar_e
captain of 100

Post by awar_e »

We can rest assured that he will have a massive increase in personal wealth when the smoke clears. He can cause outcomes to change.

Messenger
captain of 100

Post by Messenger »

This is my take on it, He is warning people should be aware that investing in the European market is a bad investment due to the debt of Greece and Spain. Further, that there is no "FDIC" for the euro, which has further obvious implications when it comes to confidence in the Euro. He also eludes to the possibility that Germany may return to the Deutschmark, which would be a boom for Germany because of the load it is giving to prop up the Euro; if it were to leave the Euro, it would be a boom for Germany. And, if Germany decides to stop, then the Euro fails completely and the USA bails them out. It looks like another "too big to fail" scenario to me and everyone is going to be investing even more in Precious Metals instead of playing 'fun with monopoly money' created by continents and countries.

I don't see his warning as an influence on the market because none of the outcomes are particularly attractive, unless he is heavily invested in Precious Metals and is trying to create more panic in order to boost it.

Tribunal
captain of 1,000

Post by Tribunal »

Messenger wrote:This is my take on it, He is warning people should be aware that investing in the European market is a bad investment due to the debt of Greece and Spain. Further, that there is no "FDIC" for the euro, which has further obvious implications when it comes to confidence in the Euro. He also eludes to the possibility that Germany may return to the Deutschmark, which would be a boom for Germany because of the load it is giving to prop up the Euro; if it were to leave the Euro, it would be a boom for Germany. And, if Germany decides to stop, then the Euro fails completely and the USA bails them out. It looks like another "too big to fail" scenario to me and everyone is going to be investing even more in Precious Metals instead of playing 'fun with monopoly money' created by continents and countries.

I don't see his warning as an influence on the market because none of the outcomes are particularly attractive, unless he is heavily invested in Precious Metals and is trying to create more panic in order to boost it.
The part of your quote that I underlined is where I believe Soros is betting on. Remember, Soros invests on the collapse of national economies. That's how he makes money!!! He flips nations like you and I would flip houses.
Last edited by Tribunal on June 4th, 2012, 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

jonesde
captain of 1,000

Post by jonesde »

Tribunal wrote:
Messenger wrote:This is my take on it, He is warning people should be aware that investing in the European market is a bad investment due to the debt of Greece and Spain. Further, that there is no "FDIC" for the euro, which has further obvious implications when it comes to confidence in the Euro. He also eludes to the possibility that Germany may return to the Deutschmark, which would be a boom for Germany because of the load it is giving to prop up the Euro; if it were to leave the Euro, it would be a boom for Germany. And, if Germany decides to stop, then the Euro fails completely and the USA bails them out. It looks like another "too big to fail" scenario to me and everyone is going to be investing even more in Precious Metals instead of playing 'fun with monopoly money' created by continents and countries.

The part of your quote that I underlined is where I believe Soros is betting on. Remember, Soros invests on the collapse of national economies. That's how he makes money!!! He flips nations like you and I would flip houses.

There are many things that he could invest in that would produce a return if the euro collapsed. It does not just have to be gold. It could be in the US dollar. it could be some other currency, or it could even be a basket of currencies or a short on the euro.

For something that big, chances are it would have to be a number of different things these days. There is nothing so strong that you could put tens or hundreds of billions into a single thing.

awar_e
captain of 100

Post by awar_e »

Tribunal wrote:
awar_e wrote:George Soros has certainly earned the right to an in depth study of his history and his current nefarious deeds such as the control of the grain elevators and grain inventories in the US.
That's why I take him seriously when he says there's three months. I wonder though, is he telling the powers-that-be they have three months to get their house of cards in order, or is he telling the powers-that-be in three months he will make their house of cards will fall?
I doubt that George Soros has any interest in "warning" others. His interest is in driving markets and currencies in a direction toward what makes the most money for him.
His actions with The Bank of England was a great lesson for nations. He warnd no one.

Messenger
captain of 100

Post by Messenger »

It would seem the more money you make and invest the more investing has little to do with the financial success of companies and even countries. The old rule perception is reality seems to apply - and certainly creating a perception can create opportunities for individual financial success. I'm sure I would not want to play that game and bet on the demise of another institution, and even help create its demise to insure my individual financial success. Perhaps its best simply to ignore people like Soros.

awar_e
captain of 100

Post by awar_e »

Head in sand does not bode well for survival. His escapade with the bank of England nearly did him in until he found a sucker to bail him out.

Messenger
captain of 100

Post by Messenger »

awar_e wrote:Head in sand does not bode well for survival.
Would you care to elaborate your statement in relation to the subject of Soros?

awar_e
captain of 100

Post by awar_e »

Your words.
Perhaps its best simply to ignore people like Soros.

Messenger
captain of 100

Post by Messenger »

awar_e wrote:Your words.
Perhaps its best simply to ignore people like Soros.
So, tell me, because I am really curious.... :-$

1) Do you mean with your statements that a person SHOULD (in order to be prepared and NOT have your head in the sand) actually listen to Soros?
2) Or, do you mean we should NOT listen to people with Soros?

Either way, your statement makes no sense to me unless you are trying to be humorously flippant.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Who Will Fall Into the Pit?

The sky is falling, the government is corrupt, and we are about to go bankrupt as a nation are all statements to promote fear. Is someone planning to take away our freedoms for natural health or our health?
U.S. map with the word BANKRUPT stamped on it

A bankrupt nation is one of the pits that may be dug for us to fall into.

There is much to be afraid of if you look around you and listen to the media. However, you need to stay focused, inspired, and maintain your personal power. You need to realize that all these evil plans will fail according to prophecy in the scriptures.

There are those who dig a pit for good people of Zion to fall into. I don’t know exactly who the great and abominable church is that digs a pit for those who love the Lord. But, I often hear about corruption in the world and of those who would bring us into bondage or take our lives.

For the sake of your health, you need to stay positive and inspired. If you have something to hold onto, you can have a firm mind and a healthier body. It’s important to be brave and strong.

I am not afraid of any evil plans, because of many inspiring prophecies in Isaiah and in the Book of Mormon about things that will be happening in the last days. And, I know that the Lord will preserve his children.

I will always remember this scripture in 1 Nephi 22:14 and know that those who plan on others falling into the pit they are digging will be the very ones falling into it.

Those who dig the pit are the ones who will fall into it.

* 1 Nephi 22: 14And every nation which shall war against thee, O house of Israel, shall be turned one against another, and they shall fall into the pit which they digged to ensnare the people of the Lord. And all that fight against Zion shall be destroyed, and that great whore, who hath perverted the right ways of the Lord, yea, that great and abominable church, shall tumble to the dust and great shall be the fall of it.

Nephi was a prophet who prophesied about Zion, America, the House of Israel and things that would be happening in our day. Chapter 22 is a great synopsis of what’s going on in our day and how the Lord will protect the righteous even if it is by fire.

Now is the time to be courageous. Your safety is in repenting and in turning your lives to the Lord.
... http://www.nutribuff.com/inspiration/wh ... o-the-pit/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Messenger
captain of 100

Post by Messenger »

DrJones wrote:

The sky is falling, the government is corrupt, and we are about to go bankrupt as a nation are all statements to promote fear. Is someone planning to take away our freedoms for natural health or our health?
U.S. map with the word BANKRUPT stamped on it

A bankrupt nation is one of the pits that may be dug for us to fall into.

There is much to be afraid of if you look around you and listen to the media. However, you need to stay focused, inspired, and maintain your personal power. You need to realize that all these evil plans will fail according to prophecy in the scriptures.

There are those who dig a pit for good people of Zion to fall into. I don’t know exactly who the great and abominable church is that digs a pit for those who love the Lord. But, I often hear about corruption in the world and of those who would bring us into bondage or take our lives.

For the sake of your health, you need to stay positive and inspired. If you have something to hold onto, you can have a firm mind and a healthier body. It’s important to be brave and strong.

I am not afraid of any evil plans, because of many inspiring prophecies in Isaiah and in the Book of Mormon about things that will be happening in the last days. And, I know that the Lord will preserve his children.

I will always remember this scripture in 1 Nephi 22:14 and know that those who plan on others falling into the pit they are digging will be the very ones falling into it.

Those who dig the pit are the ones who will fall into it.

* 1 Nephi 22: 14And every nation which shall war against thee, O house of Israel, shall be turned one against another, and they shall fall into the pit which they digged to ensnare the people of the Lord. And all that fight against Zion shall be destroyed, and that great whore, who hath perverted the right ways of the Lord, yea, that great and abominable church, shall tumble to the dust and great shall be the fall of it.

Nephi was a prophet who prophesied about Zion, America, the House of Israel and things that would be happening in our day. Chapter 22 is a great synopsis of what’s going on in our day and how the Lord will protect the righteous even if it is by fire.

Now is the time to be courageous. Your safety is in repenting and in turning your lives to the Lord.
... http://www.nutribuff.com/inspiration/wh ... o-the-pit/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I sure would like to meet you someday! Every post that I read from you I not only understand, but also agree with.

One of the things I have noticed is the pressure being put on people to make ends meet. I work in a call center in an industry that I have been with now for at least 25 years. Over the years I have noticed people that get upset over smaller and smaller things. Just a month ago, I had a valid death threat against me while working my job. It was over a late fee for a person not paying their bill for two months, the late fee was nominal. The hate that was spewing from this person was abnormal. I suppose its true, that men's hearts truly shall fail them, when even the littlest thing they seem to be unprepared for .... I cant imagine what it will be like when the bigger things come into our lives.

The thing that bugs me about the European crisis is that the countries whose economy is failing seem to have the ability to correct it, yet they don't.

overseas
captain of 10

Post by overseas »

Messenger wrote:
DrJones wrote:

The thing that bugs me about the European crisis is that the countries whose economy is failing seem to have the ability to correct it, yet they don't.

Actually, many people from those countries that you are talking about are suffering and asking for a change, but we just know this change will never happen. It's not people's choice, but NWO's choice what matters here. The"ability to correct" is being destroyed for the welfare of a few selected people.

(sorry about grammar mistakes, English is my second language)