Do you have something to sell/giveaway? A Business you want to let us know about? Found any good deals? Post them here.

Re: Organic/Non-GMO/Natural/Non-Chemical Packaging FOOD STOR

Postby »

My wife and I were looking into Daily bread to try and diversify our food storage. You know much more about this kind of food storage than we do I'm sure....what are your thought on their product?
"It is the terrorist organizations that must be ferreted out and brought down." -Gordon B. Hinkley
kingbmm
captain of 100

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby »

They used soy oil in every product I checked and TVP (same thing, different end product) in many dishes. Too bad because it really looked tasty and I'd love to have a more time-saavy natural food storage that could be used on a daily basis, but unfermented soy is by no means a healthy food in my book, right up there with MSG, corn syrup, etc. Can you suggest a soy-free line? I'd be ALL up for that!

CBrown
bbrown
captain of 100

Postby »

I have looked into the several food storage food companies offering the variety of dehydrated meals. Sadly even the ones claiming to be putting healthy stuff together still are missing the mark a bit. So I have taken the time to put together a manual on knowing what to look for and tracking down sources for the "cleanest" of foods for a food storage program. Hopefully someone out there finds this link of some use.

http://www.healthyfoodstorage.com
HealthyFoodStorage
Hi, I'm new.

Postby »

I have been looking also for food storage that offers healthy stuff. Sadly, there are still those claiming to be "healthy" but in reality, they are not. I'm a bit skeptical about the product but ill sure try it in the near future. :p
AmeryLambert30
Hi, I'm new.

Postby »

Why not grow it yourself on fertile organic soil, preferably in your own back yard. About half our grain storage is organic and most of our fruits and vegetables, etc. stored are organic (much of it from our own garden). I have a low tolerance for synthetic toxins (I have mcs) whether that be in my food, water, air, etc. so we purchase accordingly. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I react instantly to toxins in my environment which helps me avoid products which otherwise I would not be aware of how dangerous they are. I am also involved in the construction industry, I built our own E-friendly home and have done similar work, renovations, etc. for others. What suprises me is the lengths people will go to get non-toxic building materials for their home but they drive a diesel car, their furniture is leather, they use altered petroleum based personal care products, wash their clothes in a petroleum based surfactant, use fabric sheets in the dryer, have no problem playing golf on a course ladened with 2,4-d, mecoprop, dicamba, iprodione, etc. The small amount of toxins (with the exception of GMO) in your food compared to everything you are exposed to (a drive back and forth to work each day breathing in vehicle exhaust for instance) is insignificant. The single most noticeable improvement in my health came as a result of moving out of the city (away from golf courses, vehicle emissions, commercial farming, neighbours spewing out fabric softener exhaust from their dryer vents), and downwind from the ocean.
dlbww
captain of 100

Postby »

uglypitbull
captain of 1,000

Return to The Exchange