Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Discuss the events, news, revelations and prophecies relating to Zion, the last days, second coming, etc.

Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby Col. Flagg » Thu May 19, 2011 10:53 am

I got this e-mail from a good friend of mine - wanted to post it here and share it because I think it hits home and the nail right on the head...

For the past couple of years, I have wondered why in General Conference, the Brethren have been relatively silent in warning, giving counsel in preparing for the last days etc. I have prayed and yearned for Samuel the Lamanite-like talks, or President Benson's or Bruce R. McConkie's talks... yet instead we have been getting talks on Faith, on Hope.. on Charity/Service etc.. Every conference that we have we seem to hear more on hope, on charity. President Monson’s talk on the mother that needed hope despite having to bury her children in
frozen ground with a spoon was almost more than I could bare. Why these talks on the big 3 (Faith, Hope, and Charity) instead of one year’s supply of food, emergency preparedness, preparing for eminent catastrophes?

On my knees asking my Father… here the world is crumbling, disasters are eminent, people are not prepared and need to be. I was very frustrated and wondered WHY ARE WE NOT GETTING THE WARNINGS...

Well… ask and you shall receive.

I then had a wonderful phone conversation with my mother-in-law, and she felt impressed to tell me one thing in particular. She said things are so very close to all of the "prophesied" things to begin happening. We talked about the "cycle" (talked about in the Boyd K Packer's Priesthood Talk in given in conference in April 2009) . We noticed that just before things completely fall apart and collapse with utter destruction, the Lord's anointed stop warning, and start speaking about faith, hope and charity. IT IS THE LAST STAGE IN THE
CYCLE.

Then it hit me... The Book of Mormon is a template for this as well. Case in point. We read in Ether... we get all the warnings about secret combinations etc. and how the wickedness is abounding and that the people will be destroyed if they don't repent.. then just before
the entire civilization gets destroyed we get the 12th chapter on FAITH, HOPE and CHARITY.. then the destructions in the following chapter to the complete destruction of that civilization.
Another example we find in Moroni chapter 8.. just before telling us that the people will perish and the prophecies will be fulfilled, Mormon teaches his son Moroni (and us), about Faith, Hope and Charity.
(Note also, the Apostle Paul speaking to the Early Christian in I Corinthians 13 on Faith, Hope and Charity before the fall of Roman and the Christian persecution)

Okay... fast forward to [recent] conferences.. what messages are we hearing... FAITH, HOPE, and CHARITY!!!!!

WOW.. it hit me like a ton of bricks.. It was the answer that I needed to hear about why we aren't receiving the voice of warning like I wanted.

Here is how I see the cycle now: As a people we move from being Humble… to Obedient…to Blessed…. to Living Righteously…. to Ease… to Laziness… to Prideful…. to Selfishness… to Immorality/Sin…. to Having the prophets warn us to repent….. to Wickedness…. to Ripening to the Point of no return….. to No more on Warnings, but teaching the humble followers to have Faith, Hope, and Charity….. -THEN DESTRUCTION, CALAMITIES for the wicked, etc.- and purifying the righteous and unfortunately compelling us back to being HUMBLE.....

So, we probably won't see the prophets speaking to us to warn us.. we are past that time, we are in the final stage. This is the Lord's way, just as He has done with the 2 prior civilizations (Jaredites, and the Nephites).. It is my opinion, the more we hear about HOPE, don't DESPAIR, etc. .. THE CLOSER WE ARE!

Just as a side note that just hit me, In one of my last videos, "Great
Trials Lie Ahead".. Please watch if you haven’t already. Here is the
link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTVECvTY ... annel_page

I started out with all of the warnings of Elder McConkie, President Benson, President Eyring.... and felt very strongly to end the video with the statements of HOPE by President Uchtdorf... This is a pattern, it is pattern seen in the Book of Mormon and we are following that same pattern today... NEXT STEP for ALL OF US: The Destruction of the Wicked and the Saints being Humbled.. Which especially here in Salt Lake is needed. and by the way....the Book of Mormon is true.
"Truth is in history, but history is not the truth." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila
Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

User avatar
 
Posts: 14013
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:04 pm
Location: Utah County
Been thanked: 43 times

Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Sponsor

Sponsor
 
The Mormon Chronicle

Latter-day Conservative

Re: Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby Scarecrow » Thu May 19, 2011 11:21 am

Deleted
Last edited by Scarecrow on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scarecrow
captain of 100
 
Posts: 878
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:34 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby Original_Intent » Thu May 19, 2011 11:27 am

Wow, Col, I really needed to hear that. You nailed it! I have to read those chapters now, but that was an AWESOME POST! :-o :ymparty:
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

User avatar
 
Posts: 8446
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:35 pm
Been thanked: 772 times

Re: Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby tsc » Thu May 19, 2011 11:29 am

Makes sense to me, thanks for sharing.
Revelations 21:4
"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."
tsc
captain of 100

User avatar
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:29 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby Col. Flagg » Thu May 19, 2011 11:32 am

Original_Intent wrote:Wow, Col, I really needed to hear that. You nailed it! I have to read those chapters now, but that was an AWESOME POST! :-o :ymparty:

Thanks! :)
"Truth is in history, but history is not the truth." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila
Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

User avatar
 
Posts: 14013
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:04 pm
Location: Utah County
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby Col. Flagg » Thu May 19, 2011 11:33 am

tsc wrote:Makes sense to me, thanks for sharing.

You're welcome! Love your avatar by the way - it's very... shall we say... 'eye-capturing'?
"Truth is in history, but history is not the truth." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila
Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

User avatar
 
Posts: 14013
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:04 pm
Location: Utah County
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby firefighter007 » Thu May 19, 2011 11:57 am

Right on! Maybe I'm a little off base on this but I feel that the unfortunate part of this cycle is that it leads people to feel comfortable thinking that all is well in Zion. Making it harder for some to see what is coming. Sharing the message with family and friends is a little difficult when they have just watched a conference talk that made them feel all hopeful and full of optimism for the future.

I'm not saying that we should be all doom and gloom all the time. I just wish more of my family and friends could see what all of us here see so clearly.
firefighter007
captain of 100

User avatar
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:58 pm
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby Col. Flagg » Thu May 19, 2011 12:37 pm

firefighter007 wrote:Right on! Maybe I'm a little off base on this but I feel that the unfortunate part of this cycle is that it leads people to feel comfortable thinking that all is well in Zion. Making it harder for some to see what is coming. Sharing the message with family and friends is a little difficult when they have just watched a conference talk that made them feel all hopeful and full of optimism for the future.

I'm not saying that we should be all doom and gloom all the time. I just wish more of my family and friends could see what all of us here see so clearly.

Amen! I have a brother who is blind to everything and I mean everything going on around him. He thinks George W. Bush was the greatest President we've ever had, that my Father and I are nuts for our 9/11 truth stance and that the party in the financial system is going to go on forever (he's in the financial securities business) with money to be made hand over fist until he dies. But all he knows is what he sees on TV or reads in the papers... he does absolutely no independent research on his own, nor does he explore the alternative media. :ymblushing:
"Truth is in history, but history is not the truth." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila
Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

User avatar
 
Posts: 14013
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:04 pm
Location: Utah County
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby durangout » Thu May 19, 2011 12:53 pm

100% correct. This to me is a clear and unmistable sign of the end times.

A close friend and I discussed this very thing about a year ago when I noticed Faith, Hope and Charity was the conference "theme" from the previous April (I think it was April that year. Don't nail me if I'm wrong; don't have time to look it up right now). I know it is painful for you all to realize this but this is why it was Beck's montrea for a while (I'm guessing). He saw the same thing too.

The message is loud and clear: For most of us, it's too late. For those with ears to hear and eyes to see, these are the 3 things that we should be grasping like the perverbial iron rod. Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His ultimate atonement, hope for a brighter day with the remission of our sins and act as Christ would. These things will lead you to become like Him--which of course is the goal.
Revelation 7:16-17
durangout
captain of 1,000

User avatar
 
Posts: 2267
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:18 pm
Location: Bugged out man, WAY out
Been thanked: 34 times

Re: Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby Col. Flagg » Thu May 19, 2011 1:01 pm

durangout wrote:100% correct. This to me is a clear and unmistable sign of the end times.

A close friend and I discussed this very thing about a year ago when I noticed Faith, Hope and Charity was the conference "theme" from the previous April (I think it was April that year. Don't nail me if I'm wrong; don't have time to look it up right now). I know it is painful for you all to realize this but this is why it was Beck's montrea for a while (I'm guessing). He saw the same thing too.

The message is loud and clear: For most of us, it's too late. For those with ears to hear and eyes to see, these are the 3 things that we should be grasping like the perverbial iron rod. Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His ultimate atonement, hope for a brighter day with the remission of our sins and act as Christ would. These things will lead you to become like Him--which of course is the goal.

Well said durangout.
"Truth is in history, but history is not the truth." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila
Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

User avatar
 
Posts: 14013
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:04 pm
Location: Utah County
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby Legion » Thu May 19, 2011 1:34 pm

Col. Flagg wrote:I got this e-mail from a good friend of mine - wanted to post it here and share it because I think it hits home and the nail right on the head...

For the past couple of years, I have wondered why in General Conference, the Brethren have been relatively silent in warning, giving counsel in preparing for the last days etc. I have prayed and yearned for Samuel the Lamanite-like talks, or President Benson's or Bruce R. McConkie's talks... yet instead we have been getting talks on Faith, on Hope.. on Charity/Service etc.. Every conference that we have we seem to hear more on hope, on charity. President Monson’s talk on the mother that needed hope despite having to bury her children in
frozen ground with a spoon was almost more than I could bare. Why these talks on the big 3 (Faith, Hope, and Charity) instead of one year’s supply of food, emergency preparedness, preparing for eminent catastrophes?

On my knees asking my Father… here the world is crumbling, disasters are eminent, people are not prepared and need to be. I was very frustrated and wondered WHY ARE WE NOT GETTING THE WARNINGS...

Well… ask and you shall receive.

I then had a wonderful phone conversation with my mother-in-law, and she felt impressed to tell me one thing in particular. She said things are so very close to all of the "prophesied" things to begin happening. We talked about the "cycle" (talked about in the Boyd K Packer's Priesthood Talk in given in conference in April 2009) . We noticed that just before things completely fall apart and collapse with utter destruction, the Lord's anointed stop warning, and start speaking about faith, hope and charity. IT IS THE LAST STAGE IN THE
CYCLE.

Then it hit me... The Book of Mormon is a template for this as well. Case in point. We read in Ether... we get all the warnings about secret combinations etc. and how the wickedness is abounding and that the people will be destroyed if they don't repent.. then just before
the entire civilization gets destroyed we get the 12th chapter on FAITH, HOPE and CHARITY.. then the destructions in the following chapter to the complete destruction of that civilization.
Another example we find in Moroni chapter 8.. just before telling us that the people will perish and the prophecies will be fulfilled, Mormon teaches his son Moroni (and us), about Faith, Hope and Charity.
(Note also, the Apostle Paul speaking to the Early Christian in I Corinthians 13 on Faith, Hope and Charity before the fall of Roman and the Christian persecution)

Okay... fast forward to [recent] conferences.. what messages are we hearing... FAITH, HOPE, and CHARITY!!!!!

WOW.. it hit me like a ton of bricks.. It was the answer that I needed to hear about why we aren't receiving the voice of warning like I wanted.

Here is how I see the cycle now: As a people we move from being Humble… to Obedient…to Blessed…. to Living Righteously…. to Ease… to Laziness… to Prideful…. to Selfishness… to Immorality/Sin…. to Having the prophets warn us to repent….. to Wickedness…. to Ripening to the Point of no return….. to No more on Warnings, but teaching the humble followers to have Faith, Hope, and Charity….. -THEN DESTRUCTION, CALAMITIES for the wicked, etc.- and purifying the righteous and unfortunately compelling us back to being HUMBLE.....

So, we probably won't see the prophets speaking to us to warn us.. we are past that time, we are in the final stage. This is the Lord's way, just as He has done with the 2 prior civilizations (Jaredites, and the Nephites).. It is my opinion, the more we hear about HOPE, don't DESPAIR, etc. .. THE CLOSER WE ARE!

Just as a side note that just hit me, In one of my last videos, "Great
Trials Lie Ahead".. Please watch if you haven’t already. Here is the
link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTVECvTY ... annel_page

I started out with all of the warnings of Elder McConkie, President Benson, President Eyring.... and felt very strongly to end the video with the statements of HOPE by President Uchtdorf... This is a pattern, it is pattern seen in the Book of Mormon and we are following that same pattern today... NEXT STEP for ALL OF US: The Destruction of the Wicked and the Saints being Humbled.. Which especially here in Salt Lake is needed. and by the way....the Book of Mormon is true.


David's the man!!!
Legion
Level 34 Illuminated

User avatar
 
Posts: 14364
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:26 am
Been thanked: 162 times

Re: Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby NoGreaterLove » Thu May 19, 2011 7:30 pm

Great thread Col
NoGreaterLove
captain of 1,000

User avatar
 
Posts: 3912
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:11 am
Location: Grantsville, Utah
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby Zkulptor » Thu May 19, 2011 8:54 pm

Awesome thread! thank you!
Zkulptor
captain of 100
 
Posts: 947
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:08 pm
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby Book of Ruth » Thu May 19, 2011 9:26 pm

I love your videos!! If you can, keep it up, they are always uplifting. And...... I can show them to the non-seer's and they can begin to open their eyes. Love the thread as well. I've kind of gone into the "okay, we're really going to go into the eye of the storm, we could of prevented it, but people would not wake up, and I'm going to hold fast to Christ and endure the best I can" mode.

I'm going to need faith hope and charity!! Maybe it will squash the anger that it didn't have to be. :(
Book of Ruth
captain of 100

User avatar
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 6:53 pm
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby firefighter007 » Thu May 19, 2011 10:02 pm

Quick side note. I looked up Ether 12 today after I first read this post. I realized that one of the last times that I read it I had gone through and highlighted every time it mentioned believe, faith, hope, and charity. I equated them all to tie into faith. In that context the word faith (along with hope, charity, and believe) was highlighted 51 times in chapter 12... then onto war and destruction in chapter 13. Message recieved loud clear!
firefighter007
captain of 100

User avatar
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:58 pm
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby Col. Flagg » Thu May 19, 2011 10:48 pm

NoGreaterLove wrote:Great thread Col

Thanks! :)
"Truth is in history, but history is not the truth." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila
Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

User avatar
 
Posts: 14013
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:04 pm
Location: Utah County
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby Col. Flagg » Thu May 19, 2011 10:48 pm

Zkulptor wrote:Awesome thread! thank you!

Anytime! :)
"Truth is in history, but history is not the truth." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila
Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

User avatar
 
Posts: 14013
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:04 pm
Location: Utah County
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby kathyn » Thu May 19, 2011 11:10 pm

I tend to agree that we have passed the point of no return and that we've almost reached the destruction part of the cycle. I can grasp it intellectually, but emotionally I have a hard time with it. I want to feel peaceful about the future, but my worry is for my family, many of whom are woefully underprepared.
kathyn
captain of 1,000

User avatar
 
Posts: 3643
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:22 pm
Location: UT
Been thanked: 210 times

Re: Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby firefighter007 » Thu May 19, 2011 11:40 pm

kathyn wrote:I tend to agree that we have passed the point of no return and that we've almost reached the destruction part of the cycle. I can grasp it intellectually, but emotionally I have a hard time with it. I want to feel peaceful about the future, but my worry is for my family, many of whom are woefully underprepared.



I can understand that. I have felt the same way. All you can do is try to share the best way you know how and hope that they can accept it and prepare themselves. Some will; most wont.
firefighter007
captain of 100

User avatar
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:58 pm
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby Legion » Thu May 19, 2011 11:59 pm

firefighter007 wrote:
kathyn wrote:I tend to agree that we have passed the point of no return and that we've almost reached the destruction part of the cycle. I can grasp it intellectually, but emotionally I have a hard time with it. I want to feel peaceful about the future, but my worry is for my family, many of whom are woefully underprepared.



I can understand that. I have felt the same way. All you can do is try to share the best way you know how and hope that they can accept it and prepare themselves. Some will; most wont.


We'll be made equal to the task as long as we are obedient and do everything within our power to follow the commandments!
Legion
Level 34 Illuminated

User avatar
 
Posts: 14364
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:26 am
Been thanked: 162 times

Re: Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby loquaciousmomma » Fri May 20, 2011 8:15 am

Col. Flagg wrote:I got this e-mail from a good friend of mine -


You are friends with DavidKat?!! How awesome!!

I absolutely love his videos and have been sad that he hasn't made so many in recent months.



I think I am going to need to study this out myself. I have been too distracted to see this pattern myself.

Time to repent and get to work!
loquaciousmomma
captain of 100
 
Posts: 773
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:28 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby KalelIsbell » Fri May 20, 2011 1:02 pm

:-o :-s :-s :(
The Only Thing Required For Evil To Flourish, Is For Good Men To Do Nothing....
KalelIsbell
captain of 100

User avatar
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:39 pm
Location: Riverton, Utah
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby Squally » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:09 am

I was just reading the book of mormon right before the nephite destruction. Faith hope and charity. Yep, I think this is about where we are.... O:-)
Squally
captain of 1,000
 
Posts: 1323
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:34 am
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby Samuel the Lamanite » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:09 pm

Isn't that the same themes of Glenn Beck? I wonder if he is forerunner to the 2nd Coming like John the Baptist was the 1st coming. What say ye?
Samuel the Lamanite
captain of 1,000
 
Posts: 2832
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 12:58 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby Legion » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:12 pm

Samuel the Lamanite wrote:Isn't that the same themes of Glenn Beck? I wonder if he is forerunner to the 2nd Coming like John the Baptist was the 1st coming. What say ye?

....seems unlikely given his performance....
Legion
Level 34 Illuminated

User avatar
 
Posts: 14364
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:26 am
Been thanked: 162 times

Re: Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby Samuel the Lamanite » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:53 pm

Jason: I'm sorry. I was trying to "stir things up a little." I forgot :D
Samuel the Lamanite
captain of 1,000
 
Posts: 2832
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 12:58 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby Legion » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:15 pm

Samuel the Lamanite wrote:Jason: I'm sorry. I was trying to "stir things up a little." I forgot :D

LOL....gonna have to get you and Mahonri together!
Legion
Level 34 Illuminated

User avatar
 
Posts: 14364
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:26 am
Been thanked: 162 times

Re: Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby Samuel the Lamanite » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:34 pm

Jason, more than maybe anyone here, I need to step back, relax and have a great belly laugh at least once a day. I appreciate anyone who can get me rolling on the floor holding my sides. ;)
Samuel the Lamanite
captain of 1,000
 
Posts: 2832
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 12:58 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby gruden2.0 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:42 pm

Wasn't this posted here before? Anyway, I received a version of this recently in my email. In my version, the person who brought up Pres. Packer had had an NDE indicating that what Packer had said was about to come to pass. I guess relating an impression isn't enough, it has to be an NDE. I'm sure other versions will appear shortly.

I hate to be a party pooper, but I re-read this section in Ether, and Moroni's commentary is an interjection that breaks the narrative. In the narrative, Ether is busy prophesying and, specifically in 12:3, it states he was exhorting the Jaredites to repentance just prior to their final destructive war.

When Alma and Amulek were preaching to the people of Ammonihah repentance prior to their destruction. I don't think the scriptures bear out what this email asserts.

In both cases Moroni's Faith, Hope & Charity interjections are breaks in the narrative. They are not part of what was going on amongst the Jaredites or Nephites at the time.
gruden2.0
captain of 100
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:28 pm
Been thanked: 72 times

Re: Faith, hope, charity... and then the destructions

Postby Samuel the Lamanite » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:52 pm

Gruden: So I conclude that you don't see F<H< and C as one of God's patterns?
Samuel the Lamanite
captain of 1,000
 
Posts: 2832
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 12:58 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Next

Return to Last Days / Signs of the Times

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gkearney, slimjamm and 39 guests