Paul Drockton produces hit piece on LDS Freedom Forum

Discuss political news items / current events.
Tribunal
captain of 1,000

Re: Paul Drockton produces hit piece on LDS Freedom Forum

Post by Tribunal »

Col. Flagg wrote:
Tribunal wrote:Why were all the discussions with and about Drockton taken out? I was hoping to learn more about him and his prophesies but everytime a discussion started it seemed to disappear. What happened?
Tribunal, you don't want to know anymore about Drockton other than the fact that he is an LDS return missionary with a poison pen who is very intelligent. He indulges in self-glorification and self-aggrandizement and seems very unstable emotionally. He publishes hit pieces against LDS businesses, LDS individuals, is into every kind of conspiracy and claims to have a gift from the almighty for prophecy. I would avoid him like the plague.
I think you misunderstand. I found Mr. Drockton to be self-serving with all of his self-prophesies and justifications. I was hoping to discuss his prophesies and how they came about. Maybe some of you would still be willing to do so? I guess I wanted to challenge him and figure out what made him tick.

I do NOT know him even though he seems to have had some sort of following and that concerns me. If he's in the Utah-area I would think I'd know him since I like to keep up on the fall-away groups or fringe elements of the Church. I found it strange that I didn't even recognize his name.

My biggest issue with Mr. Drockton was/is I think his self-grandizement. He was seriously full of himself and it went to his head, and in many ways I think he is/was leading his followers astray. If he actually has followers. I don't know!? That's what I was hoping to figure out in the discussions with or about him.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

....anyone that has to tell you how smart they are....well that about sums it up!!!

Scarecrow
captain of 100

Post by Scarecrow »

Deleted
Last edited by Scarecrow on February 15th, 2013, 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

Scarecrow wrote:In addition to all that, as one who is familiar with SEO techniques, it was clear to me that PAD would come to this and many other forums using multiple logins, and post a link to his site and make a comment wondering what people thought about his articles. This technique is used to increase your search engine rankings because the algorithm takes into account the numer of different sites that link back to you. It was obvious that he was just using LDFF to increase his rankings, which in turn increse the clicks on the ads on his site, which in turn make him money.

Second that.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

HeirofNumenor wrote:
Scarecrow wrote:In addition to all that, as one who is familiar with SEO techniques, it was clear to me that PAD would come to this and many other forums using multiple logins, and post a link to his site and make a comment wondering what people thought about his articles. This technique is used to increase your search engine rankings because the algorithm takes into account the numer of different sites that link back to you. It was obvious that he was just using LDFF to increase his rankings, which in turn increse the clicks on the ads on his site, which in turn make him money.

Second that.
Third that - I used to have my own website trying to sell emergency/survival equipment - that was one way I tried to make extra money.

liberty
captain of 100

Post by liberty »

Infowarrior:

What about Judas Iscariot?

HofL

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Jason wrote:....anyone that has to tell you how smart they are....well that about sums it up!!!
Yup! I once scored a 132 on an IQ test, but didn't go around publicizing it. Oops, there I go self-aggrandizing. :))

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Post by sbsion »

Col. Flagg wrote:[
Second that.
Third that - I used to have my own website trying to sell emergency/survival equipment - that was one way I tried to make extra money.[/quote]

hey, that's what I've done for a living for nearly 40 years.........only now, I use a blogspot.....he he btw, RUReady? :ymparty: time

cayenne
captain of 100

Post by cayenne »

Maybe paul is a quack, I don't know?....but are there really 2 or more witnesses saying monson raped them? Doesn't justice need to inquire on this?

Also I think it is mark that says don't throw the baby out with the bath water, so are we to belive all those articles on his web page and sources are crap? That would make us not honest the same as he is accused of?

I have found some of articles have value to them. If these woman are really accusing the prophet than let justice come in and do its thing....and show the lies

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

cayenne wrote:Maybe paul is a quack, I don't know?....but are there really 2 or more witnesses saying monson raped them? Doesn't justice need to inquire on this?

Also I think it is mark that says don't throw the baby out with the bath water, so are we to belive all those articles on his web page and sources are crap? That would make us not honest the same as he is accused of?

I have found some of articles have value to them. If these woman are really accusing the prophet than let justice come in and do its thing....and show the lies
How can ANYONE not feel the evil in his sites / porpehcies / posts. If you can't...well I feel sorry for you. Just for the record he is full of crap, and if someone doesn't know that instantly, they should work much much harder to have the Spirit in their lives. Just in case someone's not clear, I am judging him and...he's full of crap (did I already say that?).

Have a nice day. :)

kathedralegs
captain of 100

Post by kathedralegs »

I didn't know a thing about PD until he posted and after the thread was deleted I checked out his website. The second I got on it I felt very uncomfortable. It felt very self serving and evil to me.

Hope
captain of 10

Post by Hope »

kathedralegs wrote:I didn't know a thing about PD until he posted and after the thread was deleted I checked out his website. The second I got on it I felt very uncomfortable. It felt very self serving and evil to me.
+100
durangout wrote:
cayenne wrote:Maybe paul is a quack, I don't know?....but are there really 2 or more witnesses saying monson raped them? Doesn't justice need to inquire on this?

I hope I'm misunderstanding you. Are you saying that the Prophet should be hauled into court because someone makes false accusations? Just think how much more Joseph Smith could have accomplished if he hadn't been dragged before court over and over again by his false accusers (for instance finishing his translation of the Bible). Are you really suggesting that it should be open season on the Prophet again and that he should be dragged into court like Joseph and face all manner of vicious lies in order to clear his good name? And what would that accomplish but open the door to anyone who wants to injure the Church? The persecution will come to us soon enough, please don't ask for it. On top of that, believing that courts routinely serve up justice is pretty naive.

When I went to Paul's site I clicked on an article which put forward despicable allegations against President Hinkley that I won't even repeat. PD has posted ugly lies about our Prophets so why would anyone want to pursue what he's serving up? What could possibly motivate a member in good standing in a church that teaches that our Prophet is God's representative on earth to spread filthy allegations about them and help assassinate their characters? Do you really want your information from a source that has blown his credibility with repeated lies?

And about me not being honest for discounting his articles, sorry but when I feel evil smack me in the face as it did on my visit to his site and when I read obvious lies, to me the only honest thing to do is dismiss everything he's written and seek information from an honest, credible source. For the sake of argument let's say maybe a couple of things on his site are correct (there are some correct dates listed on his homepage :D ) - why would I want to seek truth from a dark source? Satan may try to sell some truth along with his monstrous lies but I don't want to go into the darkness to get it. And yes, I'm aware of the quote attributed to BY but I'm no Brigham so I'd rather seek truth from light and the Holy Ghost and I don't see how that is being dishonest.

happy@life
captain of 100

Post by happy@life »

:-\ I believe the Gayle Smith making accusations in the story Paul Drockton talks about in his above dribble is the same person Sterling Allen has on his blog that had a so called near death experience and claims to have visions of prophecy. What I see of her is that her information is coming from the adversary and should be given NO attention. These so called brilliant bloggers (PD and SA) have had experience in the church and claimed to have testimonies, but have thought themselves to have superior thinking and have gone FAR astray. Stay away from their dangerous babblings. :ymsick: :-ss

AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by AussieOi »

cayenne wrote: If these woman are really accusing the prophet than let justice come in and do its thing....and show the lies

thats our justice system

having said that, IF there were any substance to the allegations, AND 2 witnesses, then I am sure the police would have done their duty, members or not

which it appears they havent, suggesting all baseless

the only thing that is worse than being spoken about is..............

jonesde
captain of 1,000

Post by jonesde »

Paul Drockton seems to not understand certain aspects of the US Constitution and general principles of liberty:

1. the US Constitution is a document that constrains the government, it is not about how individuals behave
2. as a general principle, the right to private property trumps the right to free speech when the free speech is done through someone else's private property

This forum is privately operated, is in effect just as much private property as a radio transmitter, and is not government run. So, it's entirely appropriate that the operator of the site create and enforce whatever policy he wants, just like he could in his own house.

What's interesting about Paul's implications is they are not uncommon these days... they are exactly what many in government would want us to believe. They want us to believe it is the citizenry that is constrained by the constitution, and that the government is not meant to be constrained by it. They want us to believe the private property is not important or useful and shouldn't be a part of our society.

Dangerous ideas...

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

This right here is what bothers me about Drockton:
moneyteachers wrote:I do not know whether the woman was telling the truth or lying about the episode. I only know that she has made this claim to many other individuals, so it was not a breaking story in Utah. In another article I published, a woman claimed she was forced to participate in Satanic rituals with some leaders of the Church. Again, the story was verified by others so I went ahead and published it. I make no claims nor offer my opinion on either case. That is not my job.
If you publish an inflammatory article about someone, it IS your responsibility to be truthful. If not, you can be held accountable for slander. He is accountable for it, and is responsible for verifying the truth and accuracy of the statements he makes.

The Lord tells us that what comes out of our mouths defiles us. I would think the same applies to whatever we post on the internet as well. If he takes no responsibility, he's nothing more than a rumor-monger at best.