User rankings (suggestions for replacing illuminated status)

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
creator
(of the Forum)

User rankings (suggestions for replacing illuminated status)

Post by creator »

I've decided to get rid of the current ranking system, level 1 through 10 plus 33 illuminated...

We don't necessarily have to have a ranking system, but it's kind of fun and it's a default built-in feature of the forum... also, for some people it motivates them to get to the next rank (though I hope no one using that as an excuse to post lots of useless comments for the sake of a rank)

For now I've modeled the ranking system after the law of moses and the anglo saxons. (see Numbers 11:16 and Deuteronomy 1:15-)

I've setup captains of 10, 50, 100, 1000, 10000... was also thinking of adding the rank "seventy" and "sheriff" - maybe one of those could be the rank of the moderators? For more details regarding how "sheriff" relates to this see Darren's first post on this thread: http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopi ... =19&t=6763 - and for details on the "seventy" see The Bible, Numbers 11:16.

Also, let me know what other suggestions you might have for the post ranking system.

ShawnC
Minion

Re: User rankings (suggestions for replacing illuminated status)

Post by ShawnC »

How about adding ranks based upon how much time people waste and obsess about things on here.

1-Take a break
2-Read some scriptures
3-Have no outside life
4-Wife going to divorce you
etc. etc.

Something like that?

Lone Star Patriot

Post by Lone Star Patriot »

Brian,

I was just looking at a thread and noticed the ranking system had changed. I had to laugh, I think the one you've come up with is excellent. I also like your idea of "sheriff." Maybe you could be the "Sheriff" and other moderators could be "deputies?" And if there's a ranking amongst deputies, a "Deputy Fife" would be awesome.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for all of your hard work in keeping this forum a good place to discuss and share ideas as they relate to the Gospel and these times we live in. In fact, this is the only forum I actually participate in because it is the only one where I feel a Spirit of brotherhood, even among those who don't share the same opinions. I have to admit though, I completely missed some of the "not so nice" threads that have been the topic of recent discussion.

Anyway, thanks for your hard work. I love this forum.

Take care,
Lone Star

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

How about adding ranks based upon how much time people waste and obsess about things on here.

1-Take a break
2-Read some scriptures
3-Have no outside life
4-Wife going to divorce you
etc. etc.

Something like that?
Calm down my Cafe Rio eating buddy. Just come on over to the hacienda on the next trip and I'll share some of my freeze dried comfort foods with you. That will make you feel better. :wink:

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

I think Shawn's should be "antagonist" :wink:

ShawnC
Minion

Post by ShawnC »

ChelC wrote:I think Shawn's should be "antagonist" :wink:

Perfect!!!

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

ChelC wrote:I think Shawn's should be "antagonist" :wink:
I can't think of anything better.

jbalm can be T-Bone, I mean Koko the monkey.