Deleted

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: North Korea and their missle launches

Post by Silver »

h_p wrote: August 2nd, 2017, 7:24 am
Silver wrote: August 2nd, 2017, 5:46 am I am certainly not opposed to a strong defense to keep the peace, but defending is not what we've done for decades. We're all up in everybody's business and targeting certain countries for regime change. What gave us the right to do that? Nothing. Nothing gave us the right to overturn the government of another country. Besides, we don't even have success stories in all those attempts to point to. Why can't we just leave other people alone?
How well did that work out before WW2?
Tell me everything you know about Prescott Bush.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

h_p wrote: August 2nd, 2017, 7:24 am
Silver wrote: August 2nd, 2017, 5:46 am I am certainly not opposed to a strong defense to keep the peace, but defending is not what we've done for decades. We're all up in everybody's business and targeting certain countries for regime change. What gave us the right to do that? Nothing. Nothing gave us the right to overturn the government of another country. Besides, we don't even have success stories in all those attempts to point to. Why can't we just leave other people alone?
How well did that work out before WW2?
Are you suggesting a history of non-intervention prior to WW2?

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

ajax wrote: August 2nd, 2017, 8:47 am Are you suggesting a history of non-intervention prior to WW2?
What did we do to justify Japan's attack on us?

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

h_p wrote: August 2nd, 2017, 9:13 am
ajax wrote: August 2nd, 2017, 8:47 am Are you suggesting a history of non-intervention prior to WW2?
What did we do to justify Japan's attack on us?
Is dropping bombs on people ever justified?

However, since you brought up the subject (Pearl Harbor I think), let me refer you to this as a starting point (start with Chapter 4, pg 101 in pdf):
https://mises.org/library/century-war-l ... oosevelt-0

Highly unlikely we were just twiddling our thumbs.

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

Excuse me... total obliteration by nuclear bombs is a thing of the past.... way past... nuclear weapons these days are so precise and low yield, that actual damage and effects are very localized.

North Korea has tested up to a 30 kiloton device. This is a very low power yield; (slightly larger than the Nagasaki bomb). If this was exploded at the corner of South Temple and Main Street in Salt Lake City, the resulting explosion, over-pressure and flash burn would not be felt beyond 13th East. Thus 90% of the Salt Lake valley would be un-affected (except for fear and later fallout).

For all the baby boomers on this forum who were raised during the MAD nuclear strategy, it isn't like that anymore.

Giant mega ton nuclear bombs are not a problem any more. Video from 1950's Nevada Test Site is inaccurate at best and completely misleading.
Giant mushroom clouds shown during pacific testing on Kwajalein Atoll is from a bygone era.

Any terrorist organization that manages to get a nuclear warhead into a container and detonated at Long Beach, Calif, would not turn the LA basin into Hiroshima or Nagasaki; (those cities were mostly consumed by the resulting fire).

There should be no fear regarding any kind of hit from a North Korean missile or nuclear warhead. 99% probability it would land in the ocean or in a non-populated area and cause no damage or large scale effect. (NK's missile guidance capability is sub-par).

NK would have one shot at an attack... even if they launched 5 to 10 missiles, the potential for mass casualties is pretty much non-existent.

Forget about an nation killing EMP from NK. That requires a 300 Megaton device; (unless they buy the whole set-up from China).

I agree with previous posters.... Media has ramped up the situation and agitation is being manipulated.

Other than the fact that the US is pretty tired of warring in Iraq and Afghanistan... and the Military Industrial complex needs active warring to keep their production lines staffed and producing greater profits, there is really no reason to be fearful of NK and the peashooter missiles and nukes they have.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

You have no control over what Kim Jung Un does. You have control over yourself. Worry about the things you can control like following the commandments, and preparing for hardship. Don't worry about the things you can't control. Have faith in god on those things.

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

JK4Woods wrote: August 2nd, 2017, 12:06 pm Excuse me... total obliteration by nuclear bombs is a thing of the past.... way past... nuclear weapons these days are so precise and low yield, that actual damage and effects are very localized.

North Korea has tested up to a 30 kiloton device. This is a very low power yield; (slightly larger than the Nagasaki bomb). If this was exploded at the corner of South Temple and Main Street in Salt Lake City, the resulting explosion, over-pressure and flash burn would not be felt beyond 13th East. Thus 90% of the Salt Lake valley would be un-affected (except for fear and later fallout).

For all the baby boomers on this forum who were raised during the MAD nuclear strategy, it isn't like that anymore.

Giant mega ton nuclear bombs are not a problem any more. Video from 1950's Nevada Test Site is inaccurate at best and completely misleading.
Giant mushroom clouds shown during pacific testing on Kwajalein Atoll is from a bygone era.

Any terrorist organization that manages to get a nuclear warhead into a container and detonated at Long Beach, Calif, would not turn the LA basin into Hiroshima or Nagasaki; (those cities were mostly consumed by the resulting fire).

There should be no fear regarding any kind of hit from a North Korean missile or nuclear warhead. 99% probability it would land in the ocean or in a non-populated area and cause no damage or large scale effect. (NK's missile guidance capability is sub-par).

NK would have one shot at an attack... even if they launched 5 to 10 missiles, the potential for mass casualties is pretty much non-existent.

Forget about an nation killing EMP from NK. That requires a 300 Megaton device; (unless they buy the whole set-up from China).

I agree with previous posters.... Media has ramped up the situation and agitation is being manipulated.

Other than the fact that the US is pretty tired of warring in Iraq and Afghanistan... and the Military Industrial complex needs active warring to keep their production lines staffed and producing greater profits, there is really no reason to be fearful of NK and the peashooter missiles and nukes they have.
Maybe NK doesn't have large nukes but Russia does. Ever hear of the Satan bomb supposedly it can blow up a country the size of France.

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

I believe the travel ban to NK goes into effect Sept. 1, so it would seem that any action WE take won't happen until after that. But that is darned soon.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Silver wrote: August 2nd, 2017, 5:46 am You remember when Merkel got angry with the US when it was discovered that the NSA was listening to the phone calls on her personal cell phone? Our surveillance technology being what it is, I think there is little question about us knowing "Lil' Kim's mindset."

Neither Iran or North Korea has attacked us. We should leave them alone and allow them to determine their own destinies.
By "we" I meant the American public or those of us on this board. We have access to little information about Kim's mindset, though it has been made public that Kim Jong Il believed war with the US is inevitable.

Iran hasn't attacked us? Are you not aware that just last month it was reported that Iran is the top sponsor of islamic terrorism, or that Iran has sponsored terrorists who have attacked the United States, overseas interests, and citizens traveling overseas?

North Korea hasn't attacked us? Where do you think the USS Pueblo is today and why do you think it's there? If I were sworn in as President, I would almost immediately order a bombing mission to sink the Pueblo.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

brianj wrote: August 2nd, 2017, 9:57 pm
Silver wrote: August 2nd, 2017, 5:46 am You remember when Merkel got angry with the US when it was discovered that the NSA was listening to the phone calls on her personal cell phone? Our surveillance technology being what it is, I think there is little question about us knowing "Lil' Kim's mindset."

Neither Iran or North Korea has attacked us. We should leave them alone and allow them to determine their own destinies.
By "we" I meant the American public or those of us on this board. We have access to little information about Kim's mindset, though it has been made public that Kim Jong Il believed war with the US is inevitable.

Iran hasn't attacked us? Are you not aware that just last month it was reported that Iran is the top sponsor of islamic terrorism, or that Iran has sponsored terrorists who have attacked the United States, overseas interests, and citizens traveling overseas?

North Korea hasn't attacked us? Where do you think the USS Pueblo is today and why do you think it's there? If I were sworn in as President, I would almost immediately order a bombing mission to sink the Pueblo.
OK, recently. How far back you wanna go? The US overthrew a democratically elected Iranian prime minister in 1953 if you want to take a walk down memory lane.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Even though this thread is about Kim Jong Un, to be honest right now our biggest worry should be Russia and China banding together.

Irrelevant
captain of 100

Post by Irrelevant »

brianj wrote: August 2nd, 2017, 9:57 pm

No way to really know what happened with the Pueblo. NK said it crossed into their waters, we said it didn't. Now... NK isn't really known as a beacon of truth, but how can we be sure?

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

CelestialAngel wrote: July 29th, 2017, 7:34 pm Reports are that North Korea has missiles that can reach Denver. What if it came up short and hit in Utah?
It's North Korea. With as effective as they are with progress, their "Denver" missile might make it to one of the Aleutian Islands. Maybe Adak. Get the warnings out to the puffins and the sea otters.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

KurtTheMormon wrote: July 31st, 2017, 5:24 pm It is confirmed that North Korea has a silent sub whereby they can arm and fire a nuclear missile off the coast of the USA, hitting anywhere.
Confirmed by who? Daffy Duck? Someone even less credible like Alex Jones? North Korea's military technology is cutting edge 50's. I maintain a troop of Boy Scouts from the 70's could overthrow tubby chubby Kimmy boy.

That troop would need three patrols: One for combat, one to cook meals, and one leftover to play Capture the Flag while they're waiting to police the area afterwards to pick up trash.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

markharr wrote: August 2nd, 2017, 6:57 pm You have no control over what Kim Jung Un does. You have control over yourself. Worry about the things you can control like following the commandments, and preparing for hardship. Don't worry about the things you can't control. Have faith in god on those things.
What this ↥ said. Living life for the past few years without the Gift of the Holy Ghost has given me a unique perspective on how important it is to focus on our own progression and not the fashionable whims of the world.

TheSpiritofTruth111
captain of 10

Post by TheSpiritofTruth111 »

setyourselffree wrote: July 31st, 2017, 9:31 pm Lets see what the scriptures have to say about this.

8 And he had sworn in his wrath unto the brother of Jared, that whoso should possess this land of promise, from that time henceforth and forever, should serve him, the true and only God, or they should be swept off when the fulness of his wrath should come upon them.
9 And now, we can behold the decrees of God concerning this land, that it is a land of promise; and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall serve God, or they shall be swept off when the fulness of his wrath shall come upon them. And the fulness of his wrath cometh upon them when they are ripened in iniquity.
10 For behold, this is a land which is choice above all other lands; wherefore he that doth possess it shall serve God or shall be swept off; for it is the everlasting decree of God. And it is not until the fulness of iniquity among the children of the land, that they are swept off.
11 And this cometh unto you, O ye Gentiles, that ye may know the decrees of God—that ye may repent, and not continue in your iniquities until the fulness come, that ye may not bring down the fulness of the wrath of God upon you as the inhabitants of the land have hitherto done.
12 Behold, this is a choice land, and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall be free from bondage, and from captivity, and from all other nations under heaven, if they will but serve the God of the land, who is Jesus Christ, who hath been manifested by the things which we have written.

Although this land is becoming very wicked. I don't believe we are near the ripened in iniquity phase yet. So as of now I believe we are still protected by the Lord. I still know to many wonderful people. When the Nephites were killed there were maybe 10 good people left. In my neighborhood alone there are hundreds of good people.
It is already ripened, the heavens have put on pause things for now, as mercy is still extended a short season longer. All mankind must repent all have fallen short, the Devil is cunning your ways of life are also a trap in itself.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

gardener4life wrote: August 3rd, 2017, 4:36 am Even though this thread is about Kim Jong Un, to be honest right now our biggest worry should be Russia and China banding together.
China and Russia? They may play nice in front of the cameras and say things are the best they've ever been, but that's not much more than surface shows. Russia hates the Chinese ans the Chinese hate the Russians. Russian memories aren't shallow like our countrymen's are. They won't get along well for long.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

Things are ramping up today. Now North Korea is focusing on Guam. We won't let Nk hit Guam. I suspect a hit of some sort soon by the US.

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

I believe this is all a side show to focus (lack-of-attention-span) US citizens have on something new and rumor worthy.

Real trouble is brewing elsewhere and like a master magician, Trump and his tweets are providing the sleight of hand to keep everyone focused on something completely unrelated.

NK will never be a threat to US mainland by nuclear weapons.... now a dirty bomb or (more sinister) biological attack is much more likely. Guam is another step in the escalation of diverting your eye from the ball.

Just as 9/11 was a surprise attack for the nation at large, (like Pearl Harbor was), expect the USA to be hit by a heretofore unexpected tactic.

Ebola was a test and practice run... how to spread it, how fast containment can arrest the spread, lethality, etc.

If it actually was a naturally occurring event, you can bet you next dinner out the effects have been studied by all powers both good and evil to learn the lessons from it.

Watch, think, pray and be faithful...

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Everyone is assuming that Trump is threatening to Nuke North Korea because of this tweet.
North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States. They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen
But the world has seen nukes. I wonder if we are about to witness new technology.

All the devastating power of a nuke, small enough to fit on an ICBM, and none of the fallout.

13 years ago the Air force announced they were working on Anti-Matter weapons which was almost immediately followed up by a gag order.

http://www.sfgate.com/science/article/A ... 689674.php

Hard to believe that in all that time they wouldn't have made any progress.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

JK4Woods wrote: August 10th, 2017, 2:11 pm I believe this is all a side show to focus (lack-of-attention-span) US citizens have on something new and rumor worthy.

Real trouble is brewing elsewhere and like a master magician, Trump and his tweets are providing the sleight of hand to keep everyone focused on something completely unrelated.
Bread and circuses is what the government is doing. Once you get everyone to focus on OUR government, and we'll see everything bad they've been up to. How do we know the "media" is telling the truth? After all, the media constantly lies to the American people in hopes of changing their hearts and minds to follow the secret combinations that control not one, but all aspects of American society; and even WORLD society.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

TheSpiritofTruth111 wrote: August 10th, 2017, 2:01 am
setyourselffree wrote: July 31st, 2017, 9:31 pm Lets see what the scriptures have to say about this.

8 And he had sworn in his wrath unto the brother of Jared, that whoso should possess this land of promise, from that time henceforth and forever, should serve him, the true and only God, or they should be swept off when the fulness of his wrath should come upon them.
9 And now, we can behold the decrees of God concerning this land, that it is a land of promise; and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall serve God, or they shall be swept off when the fulness of his wrath shall come upon them. And the fulness of his wrath cometh upon them when they are ripened in iniquity.
10 For behold, this is a land which is choice above all other lands; wherefore he that doth possess it shall serve God or shall be swept off; for it is the everlasting decree of God. And it is not until the fulness of iniquity among the children of the land, that they are swept off.
11 And this cometh unto you, O ye Gentiles, that ye may know the decrees of God—that ye may repent, and not continue in your iniquities until the fulness come, that ye may not bring down the fulness of the wrath of God upon you as the inhabitants of the land have hitherto done.
12 Behold, this is a choice land, and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall be free from bondage, and from captivity, and from all other nations under heaven, if they will but serve the God of the land, who is Jesus Christ, who hath been manifested by the things which we have written.

Although this land is becoming very wicked. I don't believe we are near the ripened in iniquity phase yet. So as of now I believe we are still protected by the Lord. I still know to many wonderful people. When the Nephites were killed there were maybe 10 good people left. In my neighborhood alone there are hundreds of good people.
It is already ripened, the heavens have put on pause things for now, as mercy is still extended a short season longer. All mankind must repent all have fallen short, the Devil is cunning your ways of life are also a trap in itself.
Perhaps God graciously grants 7 extra years of good when really we are ripe enough already. :-?

TheSpiritofTruth111
captain of 10

Post by TheSpiritofTruth111 »

BeNotDeceived wrote: August 10th, 2017, 7:50 pm
TheSpiritofTruth111 wrote: August 10th, 2017, 2:01 am

Perhaps God graciously grants 7 extra years of good when really we are ripe enough already. :-?
The wrath of God in itself the judgements to come as tribulations are in itself a mercy, for without those days of sorrow few would be able to escape the jaws of Hell. For is it not written 'God chastises those he loves' if some must be saved by afflictions and it is the only way is it not a good thing then to save them from a greater damnation they otherwise would face? Even the Elect would fall and be deceived if not for God fixing things and intervening.

We are in season now, it would be wise of saints to be prepared for times of famines, pestilence, war. Greater events of natural disasters will also soon be witnesses in the world. Prepare spiritually and temporally, but always listen to Holy Spirits promptings if required you flee and leave thy storage do so, as those who are righteous will be greatly aided when the world enters it days of sorrow, but before that comes a great division comes upon the church yea that which the prophet Joseph Smith spoke off.

JandD6572
captain of 100

Post by JandD6572 »

skmo wrote: August 10th, 2017, 9:43 am
gardener4life wrote: August 3rd, 2017, 4:36 am Even though this thread is about Kim Jong Un, to be honest right now our biggest worry should be Russia and China banding together.
China and Russia? They may play nice in front of the cameras and say things are the best they've ever been, but that's not much more than surface shows. Russia hates the Chinese ans the Chinese hate the Russians. Russian memories aren't shallow like our countrymen's are. They won't get along well for long.
I will need to find the information again, but i believe it was Joseph smith who prophesied that the heathen Chinese would invade the west and Russia from the east. but as i said, must find the source again.