Good Behavior Trump Debate Thread

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: Good Behavior Trump Debate Thread

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Unlawful combatants don't play by the rules and compromise the safety of innocent civilians when Hospitals double as munition bunkers, etc. ISIS thinks nothing of burning people alive and drowning them in cages. Oil is what fuels these dysfunctional societies; many years of supply remain, making for no easy solution. If you don't like how it's being handled, then what would work better?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

There must needs be opposition in all things. A few here are Silver's opposition. No matter how many threads he starts in an effort to gain more followers, he'll still be swatting at gnats.

There is a statement in scriptures that says that if we break any one of the commandments, we then have broken them all. How? Because the same God that said to not commit adultery also said to not steal, or bear false witness.

James 2
10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

Also, anyone calling Trump a murderer and teaching all they can to sway others to agree pay heed to this:

JST, Matthew 5:21
21 Whosoever, therefore, shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so to do, he shall in no wise be saved in the kingdom of heaven; but whosoever shall do and teach these commandments of the law until it be fulfilled, the same shall be called great, and shall be saved in the kingdom of heaven.

So this thread after thread after thread of hate and harsh judgement against Trump is an atrocious act.

Did not Americans kill many British?
Did not Americans kill many Germans?
Did not Americans kill many Japanese?
Did not Americans kill many Koreans?
Did not Americans kill many Vietnamese?
Did not, under the Nixon administration, did 50,000 American troops get killed in Vietnam because of greed and wickedness? Read None Dare Call It Conspiracy
And other conflicts?

So why is Trump in the proverbial barrel?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Fewer innocent people would have been murdered if Trump were telling the truth in this interview. I've highlighted his lie below in red.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show ... mes-caveat

Note, for example, this exchange between the president and Fox Business’ Maria Bartiromo on Wednesday, when Trump described the scene in which he told Chinese President Xi Jinping about the U.S. strike last week in Syria.

TRUMP: I was sitting at the table. We had finished dinner. We’re now having dessert. And we had the most beautiful piece of chocolate cake that you’ve ever seen and President Xi was enjoying it. And I was given the message from the generals that the ships are locked and loaded, what do you do? And we made a determination to do it, so the missiles were on the way. And I said, Mr. President, let me explain something to you. This was during dessert. We’ve just fired 59 missiles, all of which hit, by the way, unbelievable, from, you know, hundreds of miles away, all of which hit, amazing.

BARTIROMO: Unmanned? Brilliant.

TRUMP: It’s so incredible. It’s brilliant. It’s genius. Our technology, our equipment, is better than anybody by a factor of five. I mean look, we have, in terms of technology, nobody can even come close to competing. Now we’re going to start getting it, because, you know, the military has been cut back and depleted so badly by the past administration….

You could almost see the president make the realization that the praise for the state of the military might be a political problem, because he’s spent a year and a half telling Americans that Obama left the military in shambles. The rhetoric was a lie, which in turn leaves Trump in a jam: how can he celebrate the might of our military without discrediting his own talking points?

The answer, apparently, is to clumsily argue that the military is amazing and it was depleted by that rascally predecessor of his.

Trump tried to walk the same line yesterday. Asked yesterday about the use of a MOAB in Afghanistan, the president wouldn’t directly answer questions about whether he authorized the mission or not, but he told reporters:
“Everybody knows exactly what happened. And what I do is I authorize my military. We have the greatest military in the world, and they’ve done their job as usual. So we have given them total authorization, and that’s what they’re doing. And, frankly, that’s why they’ve been so successful lately. If you look at what’s happened over the last eight weeks and compare that really to what’s happened over the last eight years, you’ll see there’s a tremendous difference – tremendous difference.

“So we have incredible leaders in the military, and we have incredible military. And we are very proud of them. And this was another very, very successful mission.”

So the moral of the story is: Trump good, military good, Obama bad. Got it. (close quote)

Of course the US military is bigger/better than what the next largest country has. We spend more, in direct contradiction to the counsel given to us by President Kimball, a real president.
US military spending vs the world.jpg
US military spending vs the world.jpg (135.98 KiB) Viewed 2370 times
Last edited by Silver on June 2nd, 2017, 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

I'd like to know why Republicans thought it was a bad idea to bomb Syria back when Obama was President and all of a sudden think it's a great idea when Trump is President. What changed? The excuse was the same - chemical weapons. Even up until last year Trump himself was against it, knowing what he did about chemical weapons claims, the Assad regime, etc. He appealed to a lot of people on that basis alone - that he wouldn't start more wars, bomb more countries, or involve us in foreign affairs that have nothing to do with us.

Fast forward and Republicans are war hawks again, bombing foreign nations is great policy, and a modified version of socialized medicine is perfectly fine so long as Trump says it is. The hypocrisy is mind boggling!

Not that anyone is listening, but I think the "terrorism" thing is the deadest dog in the whole world by now. DEFENSIVE wars are permissible. That's what we had (supposedly) after 9/11, which is what Pres. Hinckley understood when he spoke in General Conference. We went to war, defeated Iraq (which made no sense to invade), and have been sitting on top of Afghanistan for a decade and a half. The only terrorist enemies we have now are the ones we are creating through the pursuit of this foolish foreign policy. Please listen very carefully: what Trump is doing now will create more terrorism. In fact he practically needs it now to justify spending more money on the military industrial complex an actual General and former US President (Republican) warned us about so long ago.

If you voted for this, you now own it. Is it everything you hoped it would be?

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

freedomforall wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 2:48 am There must needs be opposition in all things. A few here are Silver's opposition. No matter how many threads he starts in an effort to gain more followers, he'll still be swatting at gnats.

There is a statement in scriptures that says that if we break any one of the commandments, we then have broken them all. How? Because the same God that said to not commit adultery also said to not steal, or bear false witness.

James 2
10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

Also, anyone calling Trump a murderer and teaching all they can to sway others to agree pay heed to this:

21 Whosoever, therefore, shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so to do, he shall in no wise be saved in the kingdom of heaven; but whosoever shall do and teach these commandments of the law until it be fulfilled, the same shall be called great, and shall be saved in the kingdom of heaven.

So this thread after thread after thread of hate and harsh judgement against Trump is an atrocious act.

Did not, under the Nixon administration, did 50,000 American troops get killed in Vietnam because of greed and wickedness? Read None Dare Call It Conspiracy
And other conflicts?

Is it murder to have hired people kill others at your direction? Is it false witness to call the director of murder a murder when he himself didn't do the killings directly?

As you pointed out other presidents have been responsible for deaths and murders. They are guilty. You pointed that out in your above comments and scripture. Why are you not being equally harsh on the current president that is doing the same? Where is the disconnect?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

iWriteStuff wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 7:27 am I'd like to know why Republicans thought it was a bad idea to bomb Syria back when Obama was President and all of a sudden think it's a great idea when Trump is President. What changed? The excuse was the same - chemical weapons. Even up until last year Trump himself was against it, knowing what he did about chemical weapons claims, the Assad regime, etc. He appealed to a lot of people on that basis alone - that he wouldn't start more wars, bomb more countries, or involve us in foreign affairs that have nothing to do with us.

Fast forward and Republicans are war hawks again, bombing foreign nations is great policy, and a modified version of socialized medicine is perfectly fine so long as Trump says it is. The hypocrisy is mind boggling!

Not that anyone is listening, but I think the "terrorism" thing is the deadest dog in the whole world by now. DEFENSIVE wars are permissible. That's what we had (supposedly) after 9/11, which is what Pres. Hinckley understood when he spoke in General Conference. We went to war, defeated Iraq (which made no sense to invade), and have been sitting on top of Afghanistan for a decade and a half. The only terrorist enemies we have now are the ones we are creating through the pursuit of this foolish foreign policy. Please listen very carefully: what Trump is doing now will create more terrorism. In fact he practically needs it now to justify spending more money on the military industrial complex an actual General and former US President (Republican) warned us about so long ago.

You could have had Clinton. Maybe she would have changed and become the most righteous POTUS ever. Maybe the email scandal was made up and really didn't happen. Maybe all the horrible American deaths heard about abroad where Hillary was involved really didn't happen and was fake news. Maybe the Clinton Foundation didn't really pocket millions of dollars after the Haiti earthquake.

But,. hey, let's just make Trump look like the worst of God's children ever.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

freedomforall wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 8:14 am
iWriteStuff wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 7:27 am I'd like to know why Republicans thought it was a bad idea to bomb Syria back when Obama was President and all of a sudden think it's a great idea when Trump is President. What changed? The excuse was the same - chemical weapons. Even up until last year Trump himself was against it, knowing what he did about chemical weapons claims, the Assad regime, etc. He appealed to a lot of people on that basis alone - that he wouldn't start more wars, bomb more countries, or involve us in foreign affairs that have nothing to do with us.

You could have had Clinton. Maybe she would have changed and become the most righteous POTUS ever. Maybe the email scandal was made up and really didn't happen. Maybe all the horrible American deaths heard about abroad where Hillary was involved really didn't happen and was fake news. Maybe the Clinton Foundation didn't really pocket millions of dollars after the Haiti earthquake.

FFA, believe me - if Hillary had won I'd be saying the same thing I am now - mostly because their policies towards war are exactly the same so far. I believe Hillary is guilty of everything you suspect she is and more. I didn't vote for her and never could. However, it is not inconsistent to be against war regardless of president. That is my position. At one point, Trump was anti-war too. Now he's decided war is great for America. I disagree. Do you?

As per your last comment.... take a breath. I've never said Trump is "the worst of God's children ever". I said I oppose some of his policies. That's not even in the same ballpark as your statement.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Ezra wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 7:52 am
freedomforall wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 2:48 am There must needs be opposition in all things. A few here are Silver's opposition. No matter how many threads he starts in an effort to gain more followers, he'll still be swatting at gnats.

James 2

And other conflicts?

Is it murder to have hired people kill others at your direction? Is it false witness to call the director of murder a murder when he himself didn't do the killings directly?

As you pointed out other presidents have been responsible for deaths and murders. They are guilty. You pointed that out in your above comments and scripture. Why are you not being equally harsh on the current president that is doing the same? Where is the disconnect?
Here is part of the disconnect. It is called OFA.

Obama has a shadow government that most of you people ought to become aware of and watch. Remember what we're told about Gadiantons? Blaming everything on Trump may be premature and somewhat unfair.

Some people need to do their due diligence and then make conclusions. The change Obama keeps pushing is One World Order.

Now you know the disconnect.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

iWriteStuff wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 8:19 am
freedomforall wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 8:14 am

FFA, believe me - if Hillary had won I'd be saying the same thing I am now - mostly because their policies towards war are exactly the same so far. I believe Hillary is guilty of everything you suspect she is and more. I didn't vote for her and never could. However, it is not inconsistent to be against war regardless of president. That is my position. At one point, Trump was anti-war too. Now he's decided war is great for America. I disagree. Do you?

As per your last comment.... take a breath. I've never said Trump is "the worst of God's children ever". I said I oppose some of his policies. That's not even in the same ballpark as your statement.
Well it looks like you agree with Silver and his constant rant about Trump being a murderer. If you are speaking in and of yourself fine, however, I see you pushing the thanks button in support of Silver. What other conclusion can be made?

I don't like a lot about Trump, but constantly bashing him thread upon thread upon thread with no let up, as does Silver, is very telling and quite shameful.

Trump can be looked at but, behind the scenes, Obama is causing a lot of turmoil that can't go ignored. He is bent on ruining Trump. In all my years, I've never seen such a display of arrogance and conceit and especially from people bent on turning this country into a newly squired home for the New World Order under a guise for change.

How many remember that Kennedy got the same hate filled rant against his presidency and the Cuban Missile Crisis? Yet he was one of our best presidents. I remember people shedding tears upon hearing about his assassination. I was a Sophomore in High School. With the exception of Reagan, there hasn't been an excellent president since. And this is very sad. Socialism has gotten too many people by the short hairs, and true liberty and freedom has lost their meaning. People have traded liberty for false security.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

freedomforall wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 9:07 am Well it looks like you agree with Silver and his constant rant about Trump being a murderer. If you are speaking in and of yourself fine, however, I see you pushing the thanks button in support of Silver. What other conclusion can be made? You can read. Read what I've said. A "thanks" isn't a blanket endorsement of every opinion someone else makes. I have refrained from labels and personal attacks and focused on the policies.

I don't like a lot about Trump, but constantly bashing him thread upon thread upon thread with no let up, as does Silver, is very telling and quite shameful. Check out Ether's Avenue. I address what should be rather than what is. I address the principles and policies I feel we should support. Sometimes I contrast that with what is to make the point. That's where I'm focused. I don't start a lot of threads.

Trump can be looked at but, behind the scenes, Obama is causing a lot of turmoil that can't go ignored. He is bent on ruining Trump. In all my years, I've never seen such a display of arrogance and conceit and especially from people bent on turning this country into a newly squired home for the New World Order under a guise for change. This smacks of the "Bush derangement syndrome" spoken of in the early Obama years. It's Trump's government now. If he didn't want to drop bombs on foreign countries, peddle revamped socialized health insurance legislation, or shovel more money on the MIC, he is more than free to change those policies. In fact he campaigned on that type of change. Obama isn't forcing him to endorse these policies. He is embracing them of his own free will and accord. This is a change from Trump the candidate. Do you support this change? If so, why?

How many remember that Kennedy got the same hate filled rant against his presidency and the Cuban Missile Crisis? Yet he was one of our best presidents. I remember people shedding tears upon hearing about his assassination. I was a Sophomore in High School. With the exception of Reagan, there hasn't been an excellent president since. And this is very sad. Socialism has gotten too many people by the short hairs, and true liberty and freedom has lost their meaning. People have traded liberty for false security. All true. I would only add that war doesn't bring security. We have no business in Syria, much less attacking the Syrian government. All that does is make us look like a global menace.
Responses in Red.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Silver wrote: June 1st, 2017, 5:59 pm
larsenb wrote: June 1st, 2017, 5:50 pm I think it is time to move on to another topic. Serragon made a reasonable reply to your allegation that Trump was a murderer, etc. You've already opened several threads pursuing this accusation. So why still another thread for you to pursue your particular fixation?

I'm impressed with Trump's recent rejection of the Paris Climate Treaty. This is wonderful, from my point of view. Any contrary views or support of Trump on this decision??
For you, larsenb, I will move on. However, I think your use of the term "fixation" falls under ad hominem and request that you avoid bringing that sort of argument to this thread. As to the attention I give Trump's murders, the crime is serious enough to warrant the discussion.

Further, I reject your claim of victory on the Paris Climate Treaty as it merely falls under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. Until that onerous treaty is overturned, there is nothing to celebrate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Na ... ate_Change

You are tooooo much Silver. Even when the man does a good thing for this nation by withdrawing from this shameful communist driven climate change crapola you find a way to downplay it and lessen its significance. You are so consumed with negativity toward the guy that you refuse to acknowledge any good whatsoever. I am beginning to think you listen to to much Rachel Maddow and friends at msnbc. You seem to be right in line with their constant barrage of accusations and negativity. Come clean man. Are you a closet CNNer?

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles ... ignty.html

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

It's quite intriguing how I am attacked for what I write. More effort is expended on attacking me than is marshaled towards refuting what I say. In a normal debate, I would be declared the winner. For me though it's a sad victory. I would rather people open their eyes to the deception coming from the two main political parties and the entrenched cadre of Gadiantons at the highest levels of business and government.

Anybody who trusts the Republican party hierarchy, or 99% of the Republican party politicians, have still not internalized the treason committed against the American people via such legislation as the Patriot Act and the NDAA of 2012. Cognitive dissonance will kick in some day soon I hope.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Silver wrote: June 1st, 2017, 9:07 pm
kittycat51 wrote: June 1st, 2017, 7:01 pm Although we ALL agree with this commandment "Thou shalt not kill" (murder) , in October Conference 2001 just after the U.S. invaded Iraq, President Hinckley stated in his talk:
We are people of peace. We are followers of the Christ who was and is the Prince of Peace. But there are times when we must stand up for right and decency, for freedom and civilization, just as Moroni rallied his people in his day to the defense of their wives, their children, and the cause of liberty (see Alma 48:10).
Is our country not at war? War with terrorists no matter the shape or form.

I believe that no matter the person who runs and becomes president who proclaims promises of this or that, they actually get in and go crap (can I type this?) this is a lot harder than I thought it would be. With the huge power that the gadiantons hold on this world and breathing down your neck at every turn, things would be outright difficult. Yes Trump has picked some questionable people and done some crazy things, but I have never seen the left so heck bent on ruining him, more than any other president. If that doesn't scream the gadiantons are AGAINST him I don't know what does?

(I AM curious Silver; did you type this much discontent against Obama when he was president? I don't recall.)
The obvious problems with you applying President Hinckley's General Conference comments to this debate are:
1. Were the 9/11 hijackers from Iraq? From Afghanistan?
2. Once US troops were committed to Iraq and Afghanistan, do you think that President Hinckley approved (would still approve) of the length of the engagements?
3. Was President Hinckley aware that the attacks in NY & at the Pentagon were false flag attacks?
4. Was President Hinckley aware when he made those comments in General Conference that military actions were taken to buoy up the status of the petrodollar?

Yes, we are fighting terrorists. We are also financing those same terrorists via the CIA, oil and poppy sales. The attacks against us now are what Ron Paul calls "blowback."

Gadiantons scream. That's what they do. They also kill each other. Is it your claim that Goldman Sachs and Rothschild are not part of the NWO?

Finally, I have already mentioned in an earlier post in this very thread why I am spending so much time trying to warn my fellow LDSFFers.
posting.php?mode=quote&f=1&p=786324#pr786308
Duly noted, good questions; No I DON'T know how President Hinckley would response with 20/20 hindsight. (you can't second guess either) It is NOT my claim that Goldman Sachs and Rothschild are not part of the NWO. Just saying those names gives me bad chills. :-ss

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Mark wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 9:52 am
larsenb wrote: June 1st, 2017, 5:50 pm I think it is time to move on to another topic. Serragon made a reasonable reply to your allegation that Trump was a murderer, etc. You've already opened several threads pursuing this accusation. So why still another thread for you to pursue your particular fixation?

I'm impressed with Trump's recent rejection of the Paris Climate Treaty. This is wonderful, from my point of view. Any contrary views or support of Trump on this decision??
For you, larsenb, I will move on. However, I think your use of the term "fixation" falls under ad hominem and request that you avoid bringing that sort of argument to this thread. As to the attention I give Trump's murders, the crime is serious enough to warrant the discussion.

Further, I reject your claim of victory on the Paris Climate Treaty as it merely falls under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. Until that onerous treaty is overturned, there is nothing to celebrate.

You are tooooo much Silver. Even when the man does a good thing for this nation by withdrawing from this shameful communist driven climate change crapola you find a way to downplay it and lessen its significance. You are so consumed with negativity toward the guy that you refuse to acknowledge any good whatsoever. I am beginning to think you listen to to much Rachel Maddow and friends at msnbc. You seem to be right in line with their constant barrage of accusations and negativity. Come clean man. Are you a closet CNNer?

Mark, that's ridiculous. Ezra Taft Benson is my hero. I thoroughly revel in the writings of H. Verlan Andersen. W. Cleon Skousen had a huge influence on me. What you call negativity is merely the truth. If I have stated something that is incorrect, attack that, not me.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

freedomforall wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 9:07 amWell it looks like you agree with Silver and his constant rant about Trump being a murderer. If you are speaking in and of yourself fine, however, I see you pushing the thanks button in support of Silver. What other conclusion can be made?
Can we please discuss the issues without pressuring others for their political views?

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

eddie wrote: June 1st, 2017, 8:19 pm Syrian chemical attack survivor has an incredible message for Trump and anti-Trump protesters
Justin Haskins Apr 8, 2017 7:05 pm
Syrian chemical attack survivor has an incredible message for Trump and anti-Trump protesters
Syrian Kassem Eid appears on CNN's "Newsroom" on April 7, 2017, to praise President Donald Trump's strike against Syria. (Image source: YouTube)

A survivor of a 2013 chemical-weapons attack by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad praised President Donald Trump on Friday for choosing to order a missile strike against an airbase in Syria.

Trump, many congressmen, and members of the intelligence community have said Assad is responsible for chemical attacks made against civilians in northern Syria on Tuesday. In the attack, at least 86 people were killed, including 28 children. The Turkish Health Ministry reported on Thursday the nerve agent used in the attack was sarin.

Special: Black Storm: Curse on the Caliphate has the answers.
On Thursday, Trump ordered the launch of 59 Tomahawk cruise missiles against an airbase belonging to the Syrian government. Trump claimed in a statement on the attack that there “can be no dispute that Syria used banned chemical weapons, violated its obligations under the Chemical Weapons Convention and ignored the urging of the UN Security Council.”

Assad’s government has denied it is responsible for the chemical-weapons attack.

Speaking on CNN’s “Newsroom,” Kassem Eid, a survivor of a chemical attack launched by Assad in 2013, said he was “overwhelmed” with joy when he learned of Trump’s attack.

“I saw the news. I cried out of joy,” Eid said. “I jumped. I thanked God. I don’t know, I was overwhelmed. We’ve been asking for protection. We’ve been asking for consequences for more than six years. And today, for the first time, it happened. For the very first time we see Assad held accountable—just for once—held accountable for his crimes against humanity.”

“I was overwhelmed,” Eid said. “I felt grateful for President Trump. I felt grateful for the United States. I felt grateful for each and every person who lobbied and called, kept on talking until someone actually listened.”

CNN host Brooke Baldwin asked Eid whether he agreed critics of Trump who say the president is being hypocritical by defending Syrians in once instance and temporarily refusing to let Syrian refugees enter the country.

“With all due respect,” Eid said. “With all due respect, I didn’t see each and every person who was demonstrating after the travel ban. I didn’t see you three days ago when people were gassed to death, when civilians were gassed to death. I didn’t see you in 2013, when 1,400 people were gassed to death. I didn’t see you raising your voice against President Obama’s inaction in Syria that led us refugees, that made us refugees get kicked out of Syria.”

“If you really care about refugees, if you really care about helping us, please help us stay in our country,” Eid continued. “We don’t want to come to the United States. We want to stay in our country. We want to stay in our country, with all due respect. This is hypocrisy. If you really care, if you really care, help us stay in our country.”

Eid’s incredible message conflicts with what many critics of Trump have said about Syrian refugees, including Hillary Clinton, who recently said during a speech in Houston Trump can’t “in one breath speak of protecting Syrian babies and in the next, close America’s doors to them.”

On Friday, Trump asked the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals to overturn a decision against Trump’s temporary travel ban made by a federal judge in Hawaii.

“To be sure, this order has been the subject of heated debate,” the Department of Justice wrote in its opening brief filed with the appellate court. “But the precedent set by this case will long transcend this order, this president, and this constitutional moment.”
Problem w/Eid's joy, is that I doubt he's considered that the gas attacks were a false flag perpetrated by the enemies of Assad. Quite a bit of evidence that the 2013 attacks were. And it would be utter geopolitical stupidity for Assad to gas his own people just a week after Tillerson announced that removing Assad from power was no longer part of US policy.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Silver wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 9:59 am

Mark, that's ridiculous. Ezra Taft Benson is my hero. I thoroughly revel in the writings of H. Verlan Andersen. W. Cleon Skousen had a huge influence on me. What you call negativity is merely the truth. If I have stated something that is incorrect, attack that, not me.
I took a Constitution-based class from Cleon, and doubt very much he would ascribe to your incredibly black-and-what view of Trump . . . or reality, for that matter. And I would guess ET Benson would have the same attitude, with both of them overjoyed that Trump revealed the most important political battle of our time: Globalism vs. independent, Constitution-based nationalism . . . and on an international scale, to the point that it has been brought into the open for public discussion. And they would laud him for other things he has said and is doing.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

A closet CNNer, LOL!

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

larsenb wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 11:31 am
Silver wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 9:59 am

I took a Constitution-based class from Cleon, and doubt very much he would ascribe to your incredibly black-and-what view of Trump . . . or reality, for that matter. And I would guess ET Benson would have the same attitude, with both of them overjoyed that Trump revealed the most important political battle of our time: Globalism vs. independent, Constitution-based nationalism . . . and on an international scale, to the point that it has been brought into the open for public discussion. And they would laud him for other things he has said and is doing.
Yeah, larsen, you know me. I'm ruthlessly black-and-white when it comes to murder. I need to learn to be more tolerant.

All you've stated in your post this time is that you and I have a different opinion. You continue to blithely ignore that Trump's cabinet is filled with globalists and so our parallel lines will never meet. A house divided against itself cannot stand. So, no, President Benson would not have the same attitude as you seeing how the Gadiantons have not lost any of their strength.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Would the posters prefer "killer" over "murderer"?

Or is there another preferred term? (more than likely vague and whitewashed)

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

ajax wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 11:58 am Would the posters prefer "killer" over "murderer"?

Where you been, man?

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Deep in the heart of TX.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Silver wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 10:07 am
freedomforall wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 9:07 amWell it looks like you agree with Silver and his constant rant about Trump being a murderer. If you are speaking in and of yourself fine, however, I see you pushing the thanks button in support of Silver. What other conclusion can be made?
Can we please discuss the issues without pressuring others for their political views?
My sense is that this is exactly what you are doing with your incessant 'Trump is a murderer' meme. Serragon already gave you a reasonable alternative view: "~A murderer is someone who deliberately sets out to murder innocent people". Trump does not fit this category.

Now you can hold on to your view as tightly and as long as you want. I don't really care. But all you are doing is pushing your "political view" of the man: he is a murderer and an oath breaker. Saying this about Joe Blow on the street is NOT pushing your political view. Saying it about Trump IS pushing your political view, for the simple reason that Trump is President. Calling him a murderer becomes a very potent political statement and view.

So your up against a basic contradiction of intent, SIlver. It's this simple: you don't like the man and never have, even before he did what you claim he did.

What you fail to recognize, is that a lot of people took Trump at his word and liked what he said he would try to do and what he has revealed about our political reality. He has done or made strong attempts to accomplish many of the things he said he would do. Are all of his political base in love with everything he is doing? No. Many of these, and with an infinitely greater amount of influence and clout with him than I can muster, are trying to hold his feet to the fire.

They already had him back off making torture a part of official policy. Trump is capable of change and changing his views of things. If, as time goes on, he continues to pursue war-like attitudes and actions, he will begin to seriously lose his political base; and they will move on and look for someone else who can play the role they see for President.

You'd save yourself a lot of time and agony, just to recognize this reality. I would say most people who support Trump are put off by people who come across as extremely black-and-white about him. They don't buy it.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

ajax wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 11:58 am Would the posters prefer "killer" over "murderer"?

I believe the preferred term of art is "threat neutralizer" or "collateralizer".

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

If he does not "deliberately set out to murder innocent people" but does so anyway, over and over, in other peoples backyards, what shall we call it?

If my family was hit by a Chinese drone, who should I blame for their deaths? What shall I call this person?