Massive Russian Build Up at North Korean Border

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
96walker
captain of 100

Massive Russian Build Up at North Korean Border

Post by 96walker »

Z2100
captain of 100

Re: Massive Russian Build Up at North Korean Border

Post by Z2100 »

I was actually born in Vladivostok. So much for visiting there...

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Dasvidaniya Zhirnyy Kim!

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Having been born there, what are your feelings on the present situations?
Z2100 wrote: April 20th, 2017, 10:05 pm

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

GrandMasterB wrote: April 20th, 2017, 10:48 pm
Dasvidaniya Zhirnyy Kim!
Жирный is fat, no?

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Elizabeth wrote: April 21st, 2017, 2:53 am Having been born there, what are your feelings on the present situations?

1. The Russian buildup on the North Korean border is very serious (and very scary).

2. If nuke sites are destroyed, then radiation will Reach Vladivostok and cause a mass evacuation.

3. The radiation cloud could stay in Vladivostok for a long time (3 years, perhaps? I hope not).

4. It's safe to say that another Korean war is coming our way, and millions of innocent people will die.

5. I don't think anyone would want to travel to the general area of North Korea/China/Russia to avoid hardships

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Dasvidaniya Zhirnyy Kim!
Ха-ха

Sandinista
captain of 100

Post by Sandinista »

Z2100 wrote: April 21st, 2017, 7:07 am
Elizabeth wrote: April 21st, 2017, 2:53 am Having been born there, what are your feelings on the present situations?

1. The Russian buildup on the North Korean border is very serious (and very scary).

2. If nuke sites are destroyed, then radiation will Reach Vladivostok and cause a mass evacuation.

3. The radiation cloud could stay in Vladivostok for a long time (3 years, perhaps? I hope not).

4. It's safe to say that another Korean war is coming our way, and millions of innocent people will die.

5. I don't think anyone would want to travel to the general area of North Korea/China/Russia to avoid hardships
Just because you destroy a "nuke site" doesn't mean you get a massive radiation release. When you take out a nuke site, whether it b3e a weapon, weapon facility, or power plant, you are essentially blowing up the components of the nuclear equation, not creating a nuclear explosion itself. In order to achieve a nuclear explosion with the accompanying radiation release you have to have a very carefully timed sequence of events and actions. That's why most nations do not have nuclear weapons; the technology to build them is beyond their reach. Destroying a power plant, weapons factory, or weapon itself may result in a conventional explosion and the spreading around of nuclear fuel/weapon components which are radioactive, but not a nuclear reaction. You may get a small amount of radiation similar to what happen at Chernobyl when that went sown, bit it is relatively localized and won't spread like the radiation released by a nuclear explosion/reaction in the atmosphere.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

The radiation map of Chernobyl looks pretty disastrous to me. Not sure I'd be using that as an example to allay people's fears.

http://www.mappery.com/maps/Chernobyl-radiation-Map.jpg

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Silver wrote: April 21st, 2017, 5:56 am
Dasvidaniya Zhirnyy Kim!
Жирный is fat, no?
Indeed it is!

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Sandinista wrote: April 21st, 2017, 2:18 pm

Just because you destroy a "nuke site" doesn't mean you get a massive radiation release. When you take out a nuke site, whether it b3e a weapon, weapon facility, or power plant, you are essentially blowing up the components of the nuclear equation, not creating a nuclear explosion itself. In order to achieve a nuclear explosion with the accompanying radiation release you have to have a very carefully timed sequence of events and actions. That's why most nations do not have nuclear weapons; the technology to build them is beyond their reach. Destroying a power plant, weapons factory, or weapon itself may result in a conventional explosion and the spreading around of nuclear fuel/weapon components which are radioactive, but not a nuclear reaction. You may get a small amount of radiation similar to what happen at Chernobyl when that went sown, bit it is relatively localized and won't spread like the radiation released by a nuclear explosion/reaction in the atmosphere.
Chernobyl and Fukushima were/ are hardly "a small amount of radiation", and that's just one site each.

Sandinista
captain of 100

Post by Sandinista »

JohnnyL wrote: April 23rd, 2017, 1:40 pm

Chernobyl and Fukushima were/ are hardly "a small amount of radiation", and that's just one site each.
Totally different scenario. I've been involved in the manufacturer, delivery, destruction, and management of nuclear weapons for 45 years. What was posted about the dangers of taking out North Korea's nuclear capability, if indeed they do have one, is simply not true.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

The Church has not removed missionaries from SK--I'm not too worried.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Sandinista wrote: April 24th, 2017, 11:02 am
JohnnyL wrote: April 23rd, 2017, 1:40 pm

Totally different scenario. I've been involved in the manufacturer, delivery, destruction, and management of nuclear weapons for 45 years. What was posted about the dangers of taking out North Korea's nuclear capability, if indeed they do have one, is simply not true.
If it's meant that destroying a nuke site means the warheads will blow up, his/ her comment would be incorrect. If it meant setting off a non-explosive reaction/ melt-down, like Chernobyl or Fukushima, but on a much larger scale with lots of radioactive material?

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

We live in uncertain times, that's for sure.

This could be the beginnings of war or it could be posturing and it'll cool down.

But, since I'm not in a position to do anything about it, I'll not waste a lot of time worrying over it. And, as Desertwonderer pointed out, if the church hasn't removed missionaries from the area, it's still considered safe. The church is pretty careful with missionaries.