Jesus Married to Mary Magdalene

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Re: Jesus Married to Mary Magdalene

Post by Older/wiser? »

I personally find it difficult to believe that our Lord was not. Celestial marriage , He had no need of baptism, yet He came to fulfill the law. Marriage would be no different. Know one, least of all me, can persuade nor give knowledge that would change anyone's beliefs as I have noticed on this or any other subject, He walked amongst the people, a G_d yet living as a man , sharing our trials that He may know how to succor us , but as one who gave father Adam the gift of a helpmate from the beginning that seems to be the established order. The book Dynasty of the Holy Grail: Mormonisms Holy Bloodline seems to be an interesting read. I don't wrestle with many things in the church , and this for me is a pleasant pill to swallow.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Older/wiser? wrote: April 15th, 2017, 10:49 am I personally find it difficult to believe that our Lord was not. Celestial marriage , He had no need of baptism, yet He came to fulfill the law. Marriage would be no different. Know one, least of all me, can persuade nor give knowledge that would change anyone's beliefs as I have noticed on this or any other subject, He walked amongst the people, a G_d yet living as a man , sharing our trials that He may know how to succor us , but as one who gave father Adam the gift of a helpmate from the beginning that seems to be the established order. The book Dynasty of the Holy Grail: Mormonisms Holy Bloodline seems to be an interesting read. I don't wrestle with many things in the church , and this for me is a pleasant pill to swallow.
Did Jesus become a God by the plan of salvation or by some other plan?

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

alaris wrote: April 15th, 2017, 12:25 pm
Older/wiser? wrote: April 15th, 2017, 10:49 am I personally find it difficult to believe that our Lord was not. Celestial marriage , He had no need of baptism, yet He came to fulfill the law. Marriage would be no different. Know one, least of all me, can persuade nor give knowledge that would change anyone's beliefs as I have noticed on this or any other subject, He walked amongst the people, a G_d yet living as a man , sharing our trials that He may know how to succor us , but as one who gave father Adam the gift of a helpmate from the beginning that seems to be the established order. The book Dynasty of the Holy Grail: Mormonisms Holy Bloodline seems to be an interesting read. I don't wrestle with many things in the church , and this for me is a pleasant pill to swallow.
I am not sure I understand quite what your thinking. I don't believe there is any other plan , I think there is more to "birthright", and "firstborn" than we comprehend. To comprehend Him I start at His role in the preexistence, there are those who would proclaim much I choose to say less especially on a public forum, what I have learned has been through the Spirit , and a broken heart, years ago our son died on Easter Sunday, my quite gift to you is " He Lives Our Lord and King " I know this one truth the only truth that matters, may you find Him.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Older/wiser? wrote: April 15th, 2017, 1:36 pm
I am not sure I understand quite what your thinking. I don't believe there is any other plan , I think there is more to "birthright", and "firstborn" than we comprehend. To comprehend Him I start at His role in the preexistence, there are those who would proclaim much I choose to say less especially on a public forum, what I have learned has been through the Spirit , and a broken heart, years ago our son died on Easter Sunday, my quite gift to you is " He Lives Our Lord and King " I know this one truth the only truth that matters, may you find Him.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your testimony with us.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Older/wiser? wrote: April 15th, 2017, 1:36 pm
Tone is difficult to convey in text without voice and body language. I meant what I said rhetorically to prove that there is only one plan and one path and marriage is required of all Gods. I am sorry for your loss. No one should have to bury a child. He lives.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

kittycat51 wrote: April 15th, 2017, 10:14 am I always find it interesting though that of all the people Jesus could have shown himself to first (Like Peter who would become Prophet or even John the BELOVED) it was Mary. If you were in the same situation wouldn't you choose a loved one...as in spouse? As stated in John 20:17 Jesus hadn't even presented himself to the Father yet. "Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God."

I would say that is PRETTY special and significant for Mary.

Happy Easter everyone!
And if you read Joseph Smith's Translation, Jesus told her, "Hold me not," which I understood to mean, "Don't hold me here; I've got other things to do." I expect her first instinct was to greet Jesus with a big hug.

Also, the Sanhedrin/Pharisees/Sadducees never complained that Jesus was single. If he had been single, over 30, and unmarried, they would not have accepted him as a teacher. That would have been the big thing for them, not ignoring their Sabbath rules. I first learned this many, many years ago. And it makes sense to me.

And someone referred to the scripture where Jesus said he had no place to lay his head. In another NT scripture, someone asked where he lived and he said, "Come and see." He also said that those who listened to him were his mother and his brothers when he was told that his mother and brothers had come to see him, so I am convinced that the "no place to lay his head" was rhetorical or had some meaning unknown to us today.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

The church makes no stand today as to the idea of Jesus being married, because it is obnoxious to the Catholic church and all her harlot daughter's. And the church goes out of its way to be politically correct and to fit in.
But no question in my mind as to Him being married. To me, it is obnoxious the idea that He was not married.
I read a book on it years ago when I was a young child and believed it then. The gospel reveals to us that we have a Mother in heaven also, hence the hymn " Oh my Father". So why is it so hard to understand or comprehend? Because we are raised with false traditions and polluted doctrines. Or rather the great whore of all the earth removed many plain and precious parts of the Gospel of the lamb. But yet strangely enough the idea that there is a Christ was promulgated by that church throughout the so called Christian world and to the "pagans" since that time. Then along comes Mormonism and says yes there is a Christ and yes He is the same one as what you (Catholicism) preaches, except that we have the, restored knowledge of who and what He really is....
Speaking of Dan Brown's novel " the Divinci Code" and the theme that the girl was a direct descendant of Christ, most definitely upset the Catholic church as they even made some documentary rebuttals against that book/movie. But I thought that inspite of it being a novel, that even suggesting the idea that Christ was married and/or at least had an actual bloodline was an improvement over false traditions...
But that's just me, to each his/her own.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Another question to consider:

If Jesus had married and had children in this life, would any of his kids have inherited his ability to endure physical and emotional pain that would have killed a regular man?

What about his power and ability to fast for 40 days or to choose when to give up the ghost?

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Matchmaker wrote: April 16th, 2017, 3:37 pm Another question to consider:

If Jesus had married and had children in this life, would any of his kids have inherited his ability to endure physical and emotional pain that would have killed a regular man?

What about his power and ability to fast for 40 days or to choose when to give up the ghost?
I think those are excellent questions. Jesus was half mortal. His children would have been 3/4 mortal, but death had no claim on Jesus because he was innocent of sin. Many scriptures say death (physical and spiritual) is the result of sin, Adam and Eve being the first example (which also shows us that the physical death is more of a degeneration, and not an instant thing). Since only Jesus was without sin, his children would have sinned, thus they would have been subject to death. Whether that would affect their ability to physically endure, I don't know. Heck, I don't know anything I just said. It's my opinion, based on my understanding of the scriptures.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I found this on Netflix a few minutes ago (I was looking for a good movie on Jesus, his death and resurrection): "The Gospel of Jesus's Wife" (to be correct, at least in my day, it should be written Jesus' but the extra s was in the title). It looks interesting. I am going to watch it. I thought it fit the subject of this thread quite nicely.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

marc wrote: July 14th, 2015, 11:35 am
marktheshark wrote:The first person to witness the resurrected Christ was whom?

There's your answer.
Agreed.
My wife and I think so too (staying humble and open on this, at the same time).

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

Most likely he would have had girls as the male Y chromosome he inherited from his father would have contained all of the traits you list above. As Long as no one inherited his Y the traits would not be passed on.

passionflower
captain of 1,000

Post by passionflower »

I do not believe Jesus was married, especially to Mary Magdalene.

For one thing, people back then and there had arranged marraiges within their own families. Joseph and Mary were cousins, for instance. Where was the familial relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus of Nazareth?

And she was not the first person to witness the resurrection, either. The soldiers guarding the tomb were. She just happened to be at the tomb at the right time. And the idea here was that all she and all these women should immediately go and tell the Apostles what they saw.

And as I have said elsewhere, how could it be that a wife was preparing to embalm her own husband, and the day after he was crucified? Are you guys out of your minds?! Would your own wife have the presence of mind to want to begin embalming procedures on your own body after you had just died in your sleep? How about if you had been crucified? Would you really expect her to do that? Can't you see what a crazy idea this is?

And according the the scriptural record, she was bringing a great deal of very expensive spices to begin the process. I mean, we are talking an amount worth a real fortune that she had very quick personal access to. To say Jesus was her husband would have to imply Jesus was a very exceedingly wealthy man.

Jesus was not a fallen being. He was not subject to the fall. He "could" die, and he "could" suffer temptation, but he was not subject to either. The whole idea of the fall of man is that now we are all subjected beings, a state that only obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel, which are empowered by the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, potentially allow us to overcome. Jesus did not need any ordinance to overcome a fall he was not subject to. The only reason He was baptized even was to set an example, I mean his whole mission was stated as "repent and be baptized", and NOT because He himself needed the ordinance. On this John the Baptist was correct. And neither did He need the laying on of hands for the Gift of the Holy Ghost.

I do not find it proper to drag Jesus Christ down to our fallen level in order to validate Celestial marriage, and we need to stop trying to force fit Him into our own limited understanding of the gospel or to circumscribe Him or subject Him to the laws we ourselves are required to obey.

As King of King and Lord of Lords, and head of the Priesthood, Jesus Christ has eminent right of domain, with all of us belonging to him, and not the other way around ( like Him belonging to Mary Magdalene!). He claims all the righteous as His seed. This is a much more expansive blessing than just being married to one wife, or even 50, isn't it?

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

brlenox wrote: April 17th, 2017, 7:32 am

Most likely he would have had girls as the male Y chromosome he inherited from his father would have contained all of the traits you list above. As Long as no one inherited his Y the traits would not be passed on.
Interesting way of looking at things.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

passionflower wrote: April 17th, 2017, 8:05 am I do not believe Jesus was married, especially to Mary Magdalene....
I do. As for the soldiers, they did not witness Christ. It was an angel they witnessed when they fell with fear and deserted their post. But it's alright for you to believe he wasn't married just like it's alright for me to believe he was, especially to Mary. Just saying. :)

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Incidentally, it is not recorded precisely what spices the women brought with them for Christ's body. There are accounts that Joseph of Aramathea and also Nicodemus provided what was needed. Furthermore, it isn't unreasonable to conclude that the myrrh and frankincense brought by the wise men, including the gold, when Christ was a boy, was saved by Mary for that future day when her Son would need them for His burial, especially the myrrh. Ample research and historical records, including some by Josephus supports various accounts and traditions if anyone wants to research it.
John 19:39 And there came also Nicodemus, which at the first came to Jesus by night, and brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about an hundred pound weight.

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

passionflower wrote: April 17th, 2017, 8:05 am I do not believe Jesus was married, especially to Mary Magdalene.

For one thing, people back then and there had arranged marraiges within their own families. Joseph and Mary were cousins, for instance. Where was the familial relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus of Nazareth?

And she was not the first person to witness the resurrection, either. The soldiers guarding the tomb were. She just happened to be at the tomb at the right time. And the idea here was that all she and all these women should immediately go and tell the Apostles what they saw.

And as I have said elsewhere, how could it be that a wife was preparing to embalm her own husband, and the day after he was crucified? Are you guys out of your minds?! Would your own wife have the presence of mind to want to begin embalming procedures on your own body after you had just died in your sleep? How about if you had been crucified? Would you really expect her to do that? Can't you see what a crazy idea this is?

And according the the scriptural record, she was bringing a great deal of very expensive spices to begin the process. I mean, we are talking an amount worth a real fortune that she had very quick personal access to. To say Jesus was her husband would have to imply Jesus was a very exceedingly wealthy man.

Jesus was not a fallen being. He was not subject to the fall. He "could" die, and he "could" suffer temptation, but he was not subject to either. The whole idea of the fall of man is that now we are all subjected beings, a state that only obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel, which are empowered by the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, potentially allow us to overcome. Jesus did not need any ordinance to overcome a fall he was not subject to. The only reason He was baptized even was to set an example, I mean his whole mission was stated as "repent and be baptized", and NOT because He himself needed the ordinance. On this John the Baptist was correct. And neither did He need the laying on of hands for the Gift of the Holy Ghost.

I do not find it proper to drag Jesus Christ down to our fallen level in order to validate Celestial marriage, and we need to stop trying to force fit Him into our own limited understanding of the gospel or to circumscribe Him or subject Him to the laws we ourselves are required to obey.

As King of King and Lord of Lords, and head of the Priesthood, Jesus Christ has eminent right of domain, with all of us belonging to him, and not the other way around ( like Him belonging to Mary Magdalene!). He claims all the righteous as His seed. This is a much more expansive blessing than just being married to one wife, or even 50, isn't it?
Question still remains, will Jesus EVER marry? If not, why? And if the answer is that he will, why not during his mortal mission?

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Because
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

My replies in blue
passionflower wrote: April 17th, 2017, 8:05 am I do not believe Jesus was married, especially to Mary Magdalene. [I believe He was, and there is pretty strong circumstantial evidence supporting this]

For one thing, people back then and there had arranged marraiges within their own families. Joseph and Mary were cousins, for instance. Where was the familial relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus of Nazareth? [Not necessarily, and not always. There are scriptural accounts of people marrying someone of their own choosing, rather than the parents arranging the marriage. Same goes for marrying within the family. Your argument is unfounded]

And she was not the first person to witness the resurrection, either. The soldiers guarding the tomb were [reference please. There may have been soldiers guarding the tomb, but they fled when the angels appeared and therefore could not have witnessed the resurrected Christ]. She just happened to be at the tomb at the right time. And the idea here was that all she and all these women should immediately go and tell the Apostles what they saw. [And why didn't Christ go and visit the Apostles first and personally, instead of sending the women to tell them? There is something significant in the fact that he visited and appeared to these women first.]

And as I have said elsewhere, how could it be that a wife was preparing to embalm her own husband, and the day after he was crucified? Are you guys out of your minds?! Would your own wife have the presence of mind to want to begin embalming procedures on your own body after you had just died in your sleep? How about if you had been crucified? Would you really expect her to do that? Can't you see what a crazy idea this is? [Nope - I don't think it's crazy at all. In fact, I have an uncle that just passed away this past week, and his funeral is tomorrow. His wife knew he was going to die five days before he actually did, and had all the funeral arrangements taken care at that time - days before he actually died. If my aunt was able to prepare for her husbands death days in advance, why is it so unbelievable that it can't happen elsewhere? Don't you think Christ, knowing of His death beforehand, wouldn't have informed others of the fact to prepare them for the event? In fact, yes. We know He at least tried to warn and prepare the Apostles, so why not His wife and other family members too?]

And according the the scriptural record, she was bringing a great deal of very expensive spices to begin the process. I mean, we are talking an amount worth a real fortune that she had very quick personal access to. To say Jesus was her husband would have to imply Jesus was a very exceedingly wealthy man. [To say that she couldn't is to deny the power and divinity of the Savior. Was He not able to tell the Apostles to catch a fish and pull a coin out of it's mouth to pay taxes (Matthew 17:27)? Did He not create all things - both in heaven and in earth? As Lord and creator of all things don't you think that He just might have the power and means to provide for His own? And who's to say that some wealthy benefactor might not step in and provide also, as was the case with the donated tomb?]

Jesus was not a fallen being. He was not subject to the fall. He "could" die, and he "could" suffer temptation, but he was not subject to either. The whole idea of the fall of man is that now we are all subjected beings, a state that only obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel, which are empowered by the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, potentially allow us to overcome. Jesus did not need any ordinance to overcome a fall he was not subject to. The only reason He was baptized even was to set an example, I mean his whole mission was stated as "repent and be baptized", and NOT because He himself needed the ordinance. On this John the Baptist was correct. And neither did He need the laying on of hands for the Gift of the Holy Ghost. [And now we come to the real beauty of the love Jesus has for us fallen beings:]
1 Nephi 11 wrote:14 And it came to pass that I saw the heavens open; and an angel came down and stood before me; and he said unto me: Nephi, what beholdest thou?
15 And I said unto him: A virgin, most beautiful and fair above all other virgins.
16 And he said unto me: Knowest thou the condescension of God?
17 And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things.
18 And he said unto me: Behold, the virgin whom thou seest is the mother of the Son of God, after the manner of the flesh.
19 And it came to pass that I beheld that she was carried away in the Spirit; and after she had been carried away in the Spirit for the space of a time the angel spake unto me, saying: Look!
20 And I looked and beheld the virgin again, bearing a child in her arms.
21 And the angel said unto me: Behold the Lamb of God, yea, even the Son of the Eternal Father! Knowest thou the meaning of the tree which thy father saw?
22 And I answered him, saying: Yea, it is the love of God, which sheddeth itself abroad in the hearts of the children of men; wherefore, it is the most desirable above all things.
23 And he spake unto me, saying: Yea, and the most joyous to the soul.
24 And after he had said these words, he said unto me: Look! And I looked, and I beheld the Son of God going forth among the children of men; and I saw many fall down at his feet and worship him.
25 And it came to pass that I beheld that the rod of iron, which my father had seen, was the word of God, which led to the fountain of living waters, or to the tree of life; which waters are a representation of the love of God; and I also beheld that the tree of life was a representation of the love of God.
26 And the angel said unto me again: Look and behold the condescension of God!
27 And I looked and beheld the Redeemer of the world, of whom my father had spoken; and I also beheld the prophet who should prepare the way before him. And the Lamb of God went forth and was baptized of him; and after he was baptized, I beheld the heavens open, and the Holy Ghost come down out of heaven and abide upon him in the form of a dove.
28 And I beheld that he went forth ministering unto the people, in power and great glory; and the multitudes were gathered together to hear him; and I beheld that they cast him out from among them.
29 And I also beheld twelve others following him. And it came to pass that they were carried away in the Spirit from before my face, and I saw them not.
30 And it came to pass that the angel spake unto me again, saying: Look! And I looked, and I beheld the heavens open again, and I saw angels descending upon the children of men; and they did minister unto them.
31 And he spake unto me again, saying: Look! And I looked, and I beheld the Lamb of God going forth among the children of men. And I beheld multitudes of people who were sick, and who were afflicted with all manner of diseases, and with devils and unclean spirits; and the angel spake and showed all these things unto me. And they were healed by the power of the Lamb of God; and the devils and the unclean spirits were cast out.
32 And it came to pass that the angel spake unto me again, saying: Look! And I looked and beheld the Lamb of God, that he was taken by the people; yea, the Son of the everlasting God was judged of the world; and I saw and bear record.
33 And I, Nephi, saw that he was lifted up upon the cross and slain for the sins of the world.
[And:]
Alma 7 wrote: 10 And behold, he shall be born of Mary, at Jerusalem which is the land of our forefathers, she being a virgin, a precious and chosen vessel, who shall be overshadowed and conceive by the power of the Holy Ghost, and bring forth a son, yea, even the Son of God.
11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.
13 Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me.

[CONDESCENSION, n. Voluntary descent from rank, dignity or just claims; relinquishment of strict right; submission to inferiors in granting requests or performing acts which strict justice does not require. Hence, courtesy.

Jesus Christ condescended - that is, being a God He voluntarily and willingly, of His own free will and volition, took upon Himself the form of man and descended below all things in order to perform the great act of the Atonement - and thus showed His love for God, and for man. That, as the scriptures testify, by "suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and... he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities." No, indeed, it is not any of us who "drag Jesus Christ down to our fallen level in order to validate Celestial marriage," rather, it is Christ who lovingly condescended to our fallen level in order to show us the way and to prepare the way for our Celestial exaltation. Praise be to God who is the author and finisher of our faith!]

Just a thought - a king cannot be a king without a queen by his side. How much more then the King of Kings?! And, as King of King, and Lord of Lords, with eminent domain - as you pointed out - who are you, or I, or anyone else for that matter, to tell Jesus Christ that He can or can't take a wife? Or two? Or even 50?

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

Thanks Onsdag for above post, I have many talks tucked away from the early day brethren on this subject. If you want a good read Dynasty of the Holy Grail Mormonism's sacred bloodline, by Vern Swanson. It expands on the why this is important. Joseph of Arimathea who assumed responsibility for the burial was weathlty and was a ship merchant , and the family tradition of carpenter, in some of this book and others states the family business was that of an architect. Traditions that Mary Magdalene and His mother traveled , as also the Lord, paint an interesting and more detailed picture. Above book can be read on Google books.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

By the way, this is not a movie, but a documentary on a real fragment of papyrus. Part of the words are, "Jesus said, my wife ...."
Silver Pie wrote: April 16th, 2017, 7:56 pm I found this on Netflix a few minutes ago (I was looking for a good movie on Jesus, his death and resurrection): "The Gospel of Jesus's Wife" (to be correct, at least in my day, it should be written Jesus' but the extra s was in the title). It looks interesting. I am going to watch it. I thought it fit the subject of this thread quite nicely.
Here is a bit about the fragment, less than 2 1/2 minutes long - a snippet to introduce you to it (if you've never heard of it before; I hadn't before last night).

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Sarah wrote: April 17th, 2017, 5:55 pm
passionflower wrote: April 17th, 2017, 8:05 am I do not believe Jesus was married, especially to Mary Magdalene.
Question still remains, will Jesus EVER marry? If not, why? And if the answer is that he will, why not during his mortal mission?
Besides the fact that he had to be married to be taken seriously as a teacher (and none of the Jewish leaders threw up in his face the "fact" that he was single, and therefor unworthy to teach anyone), there is the fact that Jesus perfectly obeyed all of God's commandments. John didn't want to baptize him because He was holy and had no need of baptism. Jesus insisted on it anyway. It is a commandment to be married. Jesus obeyed all of the commandments. It is a very logical jump from one to the other.

As far as Mary putting oils and herbs on Jesus, passionflower, who else to do it but Jesus' loving wife and Jesus' loving mother? I do understand the grief part you speak of, yet people were tougher in those days than they are today. And in those days were much closer to birth and death than we are today in first world countries. Even in the 1920s and 1930s in this country (USA), people often took care of their own dead. And Mary, the mother of Jesus, could very well have saved the gifts from the magi. After all, they were given to her son, not to her. And, he could have saved them when she gave them to him. I don't think we know this, but I do think it is possible.

Also, someone mentioned that Jesus would have only had daughters (did I misread that?), but there are stories that he had sons, and that all of His children but one son were killed. Also, that Mary and her children moved to what is present-day France and/or England. It is in the research (at least in part) that the DaVinci Code novel is based on. I read the book that the researcher wrote. I don't recall the name of it, and it was very poorly written. The guy should have taken all of his research notes and had someone who was good at explaining things plainly and concisely write the book.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Older/wiser? wrote: April 17th, 2017, 8:53 pm Thanks Onsdag for above post, I have many talks tucked away from the early day brethren on this subject. If you want a good read Dynasty of the Holy Grail Mormonism's sacred bloodline, by Vern Swanson. It expands on the why this is important. Joseph of Arimathea who assumed responsibility for the burial was weathlty and was a ship merchant , and the family tradition of carpenter, in some of this book and others states the family business was that of an architect. Traditions that Mary Magdalene and His mother traveled , as also the Lord, paint an interesting and more detailed picture. Above book can be read on Google books.
I just did an online search for this. Thank you for giving the title. I would like to own this book (hardcopy), but that sucker is over $50!

I looked at the comments on one site the search turned up, and found the title of a book that could be the one I read (that I referred to in a post above): Holy Blood, Holy Grail

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

I read that years ago also. The one by Vern Grosvernor Swanson is very well documented read it on line then decide if it is worth it to you , cause $50. is $50 to much for something you don't really like.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

Let's reverse this thinking that for Jesus to be married it is lowering Himself to mankind's lowly carnalistic standards.. wrong wrong wrong, and that idea and concept comes from Catholicism... I look at it completely opposite, for Him to be married was progression and advancement and eternal. It is amazing to me how much false traditions still hold sway in Mormonism, or rather amongst Mormons, Jesus being married was common knowledge among the early latter day saints. I run across it here and there all through different old time biographies...
Where do we come from? Our Father in heaven is married, to our Mother in heaven and we were conceived by them in heaven... as we are taught that things on earth are a likeness of things in heaven...
Jesus set the perfect example in all things, including marriage ... If He was not married then what are we doing? If He was truly not married then I am renouncing Mormonism and joining the Catholic church and kicking out my wife and becoming a monk. @-) If He was not married then He did not fulfil the measure of His creation. I will not worship a celibate.
But each person has a God givin right to believe how they want. ;)