Last Days Timeline

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

When do You think the Second Coming will Most Likely Happen?

Sooner (Your crazy)
30%
April 6, 2030- April 6, 2060 at 12:30PM
51%
April 6, 2060- April 6, 2100 at 12:30PM
3%
April 6, 2100- April 6, 2130 at 12:30PM
No votes
April 6, 2130- April 6, 2160 at 12:30PM
5%
April 6, 2160- April 6, 2200 at 12:30PM
No votes
April 6, 2200- April 6 2230 at 12:30PM
3%
Beyond (Tell us your reasoning)
8%

Total votes: 37
nzgirl
captain of 10

Re: Last Days Timeline

Post by nzgirl »

brianj wrote: March 20th, 2017, 9:29 am
nzgirl wrote: March 20th, 2017, 5:52 am What could be more atrocious than Mothers marrying their sons and have incestuous relations, men raping babies which eventually leads to their death, daughters and their boyfriends killing their mothers for inheritance money, people being kidnapped and organs harvested and sold at the black market, crazed men murdering their neighbours dismembering and eating them, I have heard many people say things are going to get worse so can someone actually explain to me what could possibly be worse than the above all are real cases I might add. I haven't even touched on the many sexual perversions that are becoming rampant and tolerated by society. I for one am ready to leave this world because I am sick of it, it is wearing me down and I literally see little hope for the future generations.
I see you are fairly new, but I don't recall seeing your name before, so let me precede my comment by welcoming you to the forum, nzgirl.

I think it is a good thing that most of us who try to live righteously can't imagine how it can get worse, but it will. I don't know what things are like in New Zealand, but here in the US I expect we will soon see greatly increasing attacks on Christianity, to the point where many will lose their jobs over their beliefs and governments try to prohibit churches from teaching Christian principles that conflict with the government. Sooner or later we will have an economic collapse that will lead to a social collapse. When there is no law enforcement we will see just how depraved people can be, and I would rather not see that even though I hope to still be mortal at the Second Coming. There are prophecies of parents killing children just so they will have something to eat. Rape rates have declined significantly in the US over the last couple decades, but when this collapse happens I expect wicked people will grab and rape any halfway attractive woman they see. Groups will break into houses to steal food and valuables, gang raping any women or girls they find in the house.

I agree with you that there is little hope for future generations, if things continue as they are. But I don't think they can continue this way for much longer. The wicked are ripening in iniquity. When they are fully ripe Heavenly Father will allow the wicked to destroy the wicked, giving all of us a couple of difficult years, but then the greater wickedness that exists today will be eliminated and the future will grow increasingly bright as we approach the Second Coming.

Assuming you are from New Zealand, you are probably familiar enough with sailing to understand this parable. We are on a passage and there's a nasty looking squall line in front of us. For a little while it's going to be increasingly unpleasant, but once the storm passes we will have beautiful weather.
Thank you.

Here in Australia much of what you have said is already happening, Government is trying to impose a new curriculum called "Safe schools" they have called it an anti bullying programme but it is disguise for teaching children to accept LGBT, it has nothing to do with Anti bullying for example it teaches kids how to bind their breast if they identify as male and how to tuck their private parts if they are male identifying as female etc.

There is a huge economic downturn in the mining state of WA which is the wealthiest state in Australia, we have the highest unemployment rate and as quickly as everyone flocked here for the mining boom they have all left because the work has dried up, as a result of three unemployment rate our crime rate has skyrocketed, organised crime from the underworld is surfacing and drugs have ravaged communities.

Now I hope I haven't completely put you off WA because there is still good happening and it is beautiful here but in the space of almost 10 years society is almost unrecognisable this world is darkening at an accelerated rate, to me it would be cruel for Heavenly Father to not send our Saviour back before 2030, we need him this world and everyone in it is in trouble I know we are required to endure to the end and to have joy in this life it is something I strive to do but the prayer in my heart is and has been for a while now, for it just to be over.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

nzgirl wrote: March 20th, 2017, 4:27 pm
brianj wrote: March 20th, 2017, 9:29 am
nzgirl wrote: March 20th, 2017, 5:52 am What could be more atrocious than Mothers marrying their sons and have incestuous relations, men raping babies which eventually leads to their death, daughters and their boyfriends killing their mothers for inheritance money, people being kidnapped and organs harvested and sold at the black market, crazed men murdering their neighbours dismembering and eating them, I have heard many people say things are going to get worse so can someone actually explain to me what could possibly be worse than the above all are real cases I might add. I haven't even touched on the many sexual perversions that are becoming rampant and tolerated by society. I for one am ready to leave this world because I am sick of it, it is wearing me down and I literally see little hope for the future generations.
I see you are fairly new, but I don't recall seeing your name before, so let me precede my comment by welcoming you to the forum, nzgirl.

I think it is a good thing that most of us who try to live righteously can't imagine how it can get worse, but it will. I don't know what things are like in New Zealand, but here in the US I expect we will soon see greatly increasing attacks on Christianity, to the point where many will lose their jobs over their beliefs and governments try to prohibit churches from teaching Christian principles that conflict with the government. Sooner or later we will have an economic collapse that will lead to a social collapse. When there is no law enforcement we will see just how depraved people can be, and I would rather not see that even though I hope to still be mortal at the Second Coming. There are prophecies of parents killing children just so they will have something to eat. Rape rates have declined significantly in the US over the last couple decades, but when this collapse happens I expect wicked people will grab and rape any halfway attractive woman they see. Groups will break into houses to steal food and valuables, gang raping any women or girls they find in the house.

I agree with you that there is little hope for future generations, if things continue as they are. But I don't think they can continue this way for much longer. The wicked are ripening in iniquity. When they are fully ripe Heavenly Father will allow the wicked to destroy the wicked, giving all of us a couple of difficult years, but then the greater wickedness that exists today will be eliminated and the future will grow increasingly bright as we approach the Second Coming.

Assuming you are from New Zealand, you are probably familiar enough with sailing to understand this parable. We are on a passage and there's a nasty looking squall line in front of us. For a little while it's going to be increasingly unpleasant, but once the storm passes we will have beautiful weather.
Thank you.

Here in Australia much of what you have said is already happening, Government is trying to impose a new curriculum called "Safe schools" they have called it an anti bullying programme but it is disguise for teaching children to accept LGBT, it has nothing to do with Anti bullying for example it teaches kids how to bind their breast if they identify as male and how to tuck their private parts if they are male identifying as female etc.

There is a huge economic downturn in the mining state of WA which is the wealthiest state in Australia, we have the highest unemployment rate and as quickly as everyone flocked here for the mining boom they have all left because the work has dried up, as a result of three unemployment rate our crime rate has skyrocketed, organised crime from the underworld is surfacing and drugs have ravaged communities.

Now I hope I haven't completely put you off WA because there is still good happening and it is beautiful here but in the space of almost 10 years society is almost unrecognisable this world is darkening at an accelerated rate, to me it would be cruel for Heavenly Father to not send our Saviour back before 2030, we need him this world and everyone in it is in trouble I know we are required to endure to the end and to have joy in this life it is something I strive to do but the prayer in my heart is and has been for a while now, for it just to be over.

We have till 2100. But all the suffering us Saints will endure will DEFINITELY be worth it because we'll have Celestial Glory and have rule over countless worlds and galaxies while the wicked people will burn in Hell for all of eternity. I could live till me 70s or 80s, which would be in the 2070s-2080s. I really don't look forward to the next 66 years. I just tell myself "I can do this. I can get to the Celestial Kingdom." Because, once again, it is WORTH IT.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Zion2080 wrote: March 20th, 2017, 8:49 pm We have till 2100. But all the suffering us Saints will endure will DEFINITELY be worth it because we'll have Celestial Glory and have rule over countless worlds and galaxies while the wicked people will burn in Hell for all of eternity. I could live till me 70s or 80s, which would be in the 2070s-2080s. I really don't look forward to the next 66 years. I just tell myself "I can do this. I can get to the Celestial Kingdom." Because, once again, it is WORTH IT.
Watch out for pride. For starters, don't state that you know the exact timeline when you are relying on your intellect. Second, don't look down on the wicked people burning in hell for eternity. Don't forget that there are many people who are kept from the truth because they know not where to find it. A lot of these wicked people are going to learn about the gospel, accept it, and repent in the spirit world, so there won't be anywhere near as many people burning in hell as you are claiming.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

brianj wrote: March 20th, 2017, 10:19 pm
Zion2080 wrote: March 20th, 2017, 8:49 pm We have till 2100. But all the suffering us Saints will endure will DEFINITELY be worth it because we'll have Celestial Glory and have rule over countless worlds and galaxies while the wicked people will burn in Hell for all of eternity. I could live till me 70s or 80s, which would be in the 2070s-2080s. I really don't look forward to the next 66 years. I just tell myself "I can do this. I can get to the Celestial Kingdom." Because, once again, it is WORTH IT.
Watch out for pride. For starters, don't state that you know the exact timeline when you are relying on your intellect. Second, don't look down on the wicked people burning in hell for eternity. Don't forget that there are many people who are kept from the truth because they know not where to find it. A lot of these wicked people are going to learn about the gospel, accept it, and repent in the spirit world, so there won't be anywhere near as many people burning in hell as you are claiming.
I know that there will be many people in the Telestial Kingdom, for starters. The Telestial is sort-of like a Hell because you don't get to enjoy the presence of God or Christ. And what about the World population at the Second Coming? Will the people who will burn go to the Telestial or Outer Darkness?

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Zion2080 wrote: March 20th, 2017, 10:41 pm I know that there will be many people in the Telestial Kingdom, for starters. The Telestial is sort-of like a Hell because you don't get to enjoy the presence of God or Christ. And what about the World population at the Second Coming? Will the people who will burn go to the Telestial or Outer Darkness?
Your question indicates that if you have read the scriptures you haven't understood them. Will the people who burn at the Second Coming go to the Telestial Kingdom or Outer Darkness? The answer is NEITHER. They go to the spirit world. While in the spirit world they will have the opportunity to accept the gospel and repent, and I am willing to bet the overwhelming majority will eventually do so.

When I joined the church then went on a mission, the church was using a pyramid shaped graphic to represent the Kingdoms of Glory. The large base was the Telestial kingdom, a smaller middle portion represented the Terrestrial, and the very special few end up in the Celestial Kingdom at the tiny top. I am thoroughly convinced that this pyramid is upside down. Here's just one part of my reasoning: We are taught that those who die before age 8 are not yet capable of sin and therefore qualify for exaltation. Before modern medicine the infant mortality rate was very high and the childhood death rates were also very high. Among one group of people who lived in the United States during the early years, the infant mortality rate was about 50%, and only about 50% of those who survived infancy reached age 10. In other words, only one quarter of those who were born survived to their 10th birthday, with the overwhelming majority of those who didn't hit 10 not reaching the age of accountability. So many people dying before they begin to become accountable means that a majority of that population is going to the Celestial Kingdom.

And even these days, most of the people I know who are sincerely supporting wickedness are good people who are just misled by Satan and men. It probably won't happen in this life, but almost all of them will come to accept the truth. Then they will repent and accept ordinances done in their behalf. A great many of these will qualify for the Celestial Kingdom.

Your posts remind me of a recent comment a woman made in Sunday School about how wonderfully blessed we are, that we will be the very few in the Celestial Kingdom and we are so much better than those around us. The whole time I was thinking that with talk like that she belongs atop a Rameumptom.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

brianj wrote: March 21st, 2017, 10:21 am
Zion2080 wrote: March 20th, 2017, 10:41 pm I know that there will be many people in the Telestial Kingdom, for starters. The Telestial is sort-of like a Hell because you don't get to enjoy the presence of God or Christ. And what about the World population at the Second Coming? Will the people who will burn go to the Telestial or Outer Darkness?
Your question indicates that if you have read the scriptures you haven't understood them. Will the people who burn at the Second Coming go to the Telestial Kingdom or Outer Darkness? The answer is NEITHER. They go to the spirit world. While in the spirit world they will have the opportunity to accept the gospel and repent, and I am willing to bet the overwhelming majority will eventually do so.

When I joined the church then went on a mission, the church was using a pyramid shaped graphic to represent the Kingdoms of Glory. The large base was the Telestial kingdom, a smaller middle portion represented the Terrestrial, and the very special few end up in the Celestial Kingdom at the tiny top. I am thoroughly convinced that this pyramid is upside down. Here's just one part of my reasoning: We are taught that those who die before age 8 are not yet capable of sin and therefore qualify for exaltation. Before modern medicine the infant mortality rate was very high and the childhood death rates were also very high. Among one group of people who lived in the United States during the early years, the infant mortality rate was about 50%, and only about 50% of those who survived infancy reached age 10. In other words, only one quarter of those who were born survived to their 10th birthday, with the overwhelming majority of those who didn't hit 10 not reaching the age of accountability. So many people dying before they begin to become accountable means that a majority of that population is going to the Celestial Kingdom.

And even these days, most of the people I know who are sincerely supporting wickedness are good people who are just misled by Satan and men. It probably won't happen in this life, but almost all of them will come to accept the truth. Then they will repent and accept ordinances done in their behalf. A great many of these will qualify for the Celestial Kingdom.

Your posts remind me of a recent comment a woman made in Sunday School about how wonderfully blessed we are, that we will be the very few in the Celestial Kingdom and we are so much better than those around us. The whole time I was thinking that with talk like that she belongs atop a Rameumptom.
Sorry about when I said that at the Second Coming the burnt people will go to Hell. I knew that they would go to a temporary "Hell" in the Spirit Universe, but I meant to ask where they will go after the spirit world. The facts about the death of children under the age of 8 are totally true. My Grandfather had a baby sister who was born dead. Don't forget about abortion. And yes, there are plenty good people in the world. They will come with us to the Rockies and Zion ;)

Just some food for thought.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Zion2080 wrote: March 21st, 2017, 10:45 am Sorry about when I said that at the Second Coming the burnt people will go to Hell. I knew that they would go to a temporary "Hell" in the Spirit Universe, but I meant to ask where they will go after the spirit world. The facts about the death of children under the age of 8 are totally true. My Grandfather had a baby sister who was born dead. Don't forget about abortion. And yes, there are plenty good people in the world. They will come with us to the Rockies and Zion ;)

Almost every single person who goes to Spirit Prison will obtain glory at the final judgement. I haven't done the research to validate this claim, but I have repeatedly heard that there is a prophecy that the number of people who go to Outer Darkness is so small they can be counted on the fingers of one hand. (using a base 10 numbering system that's five or less; using binary it's 31 or less).
I do expect that many, possibly even most, of the people who burn at the Second Coming will qualify for some degree of the Celestial Kingdom after accepting the gospel and spending a lot of time and effort repenting.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

brianj wrote: March 21st, 2017, 3:52 pm
Zion2080 wrote: March 21st, 2017, 10:45 am Sorry about when I said that at the Second Coming the burnt people will go to Hell. I knew that they would go to a temporary "Hell" in the Spirit Universe, but I meant to ask where they will go after the spirit world. The facts about the death of children under the age of 8 are totally true. My Grandfather had a baby sister who was born dead. Don't forget about abortion. And yes, there are plenty good people in the world. They will come with us to the Rockies and Zion ;)

Almost every single person who goes to Spirit Prison will obtain glory at the final judgement. I haven't done the research to validate this claim, but I have repeatedly heard that there is a prophecy that the number of people who go to Outer Darkness is so small they can be counted on the fingers of one hand. (using a base 10 numbering system that's five or less; using binary it's 31 or less).
I do expect that many, possibly even most, of the people who burn at the Second Coming will qualify for some degree of the Celestial Kingdom after accepting the gospel and spending a lot of time and effort repenting.
I think I've heard something like that,too. Either way, it is looking up for many people who have lived on Earth.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Zion2080 wrote: March 21st, 2017, 7:13 pm Almost every single person who goes to Spirit Prison will obtain glory at the final judgement. I haven't done the research to validate this claim, but I have repeatedly heard that there is a prophecy that the number of people who go to Outer Darkness is so small they can be counted on the fingers of one hand. (using a base 10 numbering system that's five or less; using binary it's 31 or less).
I think I've heard something like that,too. Either way, it is looking up for many people who have lived on Earth.
[/quote]

I think exaltation will be most difficult for church members. Most people who sin aren't aware they are sinning, but church members know better. Almost every Protestant who goes to a sporting event or concert on Sunday can say they thought honoring the Sabbath meant attending church of spending a moment thinking about God, but the many Mormons who attend these events, shop, or go out to dinner on Sunday have no such defense. When we blow off our home teaching we are consciously rebelling against what we have been taught is a priesthood responsibility.

Among our rewards for living the covenants we have accepted is that we are taught it is much easier to repent in mortality. Additionally, when we are resurrected we will have a much easier time with physical temptation if we have come to properly control our bodies and appetites. But most importantly, the blessings we receive as we are faithful will make our mortal lives so much richer and happier.

As I previously said, many if not most who come to mortality don't live until adulthood. When we meet these people we will be tempted to say, "You're so lucky! You didn't have to endure the sin of the world or make so many mistakes you need to repent of!"
They will reply, "You are so lucky! You have a spouse, children, and you enjoyed all the blessings of a long and full life!"

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

brianj wrote: March 22nd, 2017, 11:43 am
Zion2080 wrote: March 21st, 2017, 7:13 pm Almost every single person who goes to Spirit Prison will obtain glory at the final judgement. I haven't done the research to validate this claim, but I have repeatedly heard that there is a prophecy that the number of people who go to Outer Darkness is so small they can be counted on the fingers of one hand. (using a base 10 numbering system that's five or less; using binary it's 31 or less).
"I think exaltation will be most difficult for church members. Most people who sin aren't aware they are sinning, but church members know better. Almost every Protestant who goes to a sporting event or concert on Sunday can say they thought honoring the Sabbath meant attending church of spending a moment thinking about God, but the many Mormons who attend these events, shop, or go out to dinner on Sunday have no such defense. When we blow off our home teaching we are consciously rebelling against what we have been taught is a priesthood responsibility.

Among our rewards for living the covenants we have accepted is that we are taught it is much easier to repent in mortality. Additionally, when we are resurrected we will have a much easier time with physical temptation if we have come to properly control our bodies and appetites. But most importantly, the blessings we receive as we are faithful will make our mortal lives so much richer and happier.

As I previously said, many if not most who come to mortality don't live until adulthood. When we meet these people we will be tempted to say, "You're so lucky! You didn't have to endure the sin of the world or make so many mistakes you need to repent of!"
They will reply, "You are so lucky! You have a spouse, children, and you enjoyed all the blessings of a long and full life!"
[/quote]"

The last part is very true. Children who died in the womb/at birth would've loved to live a full life like we get to do! Why? Because they chose to come here!

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

Something is wrong with the quoting. What did the admin do?????????

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Zion2080 wrote: March 22nd, 2017, 1:26 pm Something is wrong with the quoting. What did the admin do?????????
Quoting is working just fine for me. It appears that you deleted the first line of the quote from the two messages you responded to.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Tetraman wrote: February 14th, 2017, 1:23 pm 12:30 PM ??? Who's time zone. Who's calendar? Just press forward doing what you feel inspired to do. There are many good people in the world and lots of work to do. Let the Lord take care of the time.
Good question. :)

It is physicaly impossible for everyone in the world to simultaneously experience a common hour, or day for that matter. The Book of Mormon tells us, that it’s written for the last days, and the Lord doth speak using our language, in the context of our culture. No wonder no one can know the day or the hour as you have observed, as that is information supplied via the Bible, so a single day or hour can not be common to both.

Sure it’s the Lord’s timeline, but he hath told us much about it, and unfolds events according to our expectations or hope. Hope means we rightfully expect that which we hope for. Faith and hope, builds one upon another and we are promised that we may attain a perfect knowledge gained from our life experience, to each according to their faith. If you expect to know nothing, then surely you may, for God will not force anyone, but doth welcome the sincere seeker.

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

EmmaLee wrote: February 16th, 2017, 6:28 pm
DesertWonderer wrote:
kittycat51 wrote:
DesertWonderer wrote:I'm calling Mormon Myth on that^^^ There had been nothing of any consequence done at AOA. If you have another example ("There will also be many things happening that the average Latter day saint won't have a clue about. ") I'd like to hear it.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/9775 ... tml?pg=all" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8656 ... lives.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apology accepted.
Not really sure what the articles you posted proved.

Like I said. Nothing of consequence has been done there, no infrastructer, etc...: https://www.google.com/search?q=adam+on ... UQ_AUIBygC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or this: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Adam- ... 93.9762222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We live 1 1/2 hours from Adam-ondi-Ahman, and we go there frequently, including last Saturday. The valley is planted in crops every spring by the non-LDS farmers who live in the area - the entire valley is leased out by the Church to local farmers as farmland. There are a few picnic tables up on the hill/overlook area, with a restroom (yay!), and a path with markers and big rocks with plaques explaining why the area is significant, etc. Other than this, there is nothing there. Of all the dozens of times we've been there, we've only ever run across non-LDS farmers working around, who also live there - they have all been very nice people. At least, this is what it was like last Saturday when my husband and I drove down for the afternoon, as we often do.
My wife and I were thinking about moving to this area. What is the weather like there in the different seasons?

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Craig Johnson wrote: February 26th, 2018, 9:37 am
EmmaLee wrote: February 16th, 2017, 6:28 pm We live 1 1/2 hours from Adam-ondi-Ahman, and we go there frequently, including last Saturday. The valley is planted in crops every spring by the non-LDS farmers who live in the area - the entire valley is leased out by the Church to local farmers as farmland. There are a few picnic tables up on the hill/overlook area, with a restroom (yay!), and a path with markers and big rocks with plaques explaining why the area is significant, etc. Other than this, there is nothing there. Of all the dozens of times we've been there, we've only ever run across non-LDS farmers working around, who also live there - they have all been very nice people. At least, this is what it was like last Saturday when my husband and I drove down for the afternoon, as we often do.
My wife and I were thinking about moving to this area. What is the weather like there in the different seasons?
Winter is cold, windy, and gray - not a ton of snow, usually, but enough to mess up the roads - and ice, too. Lasts a good solid 4 months or more, and sometimes an entire week or two goes by without seeing the sun even once. Spring is nice, but volatile and short. This is when tornadoes start and are likely, and then possible, until late fall. Summer weather, which starts in May, is very hot and humid. I absolutely hate summer in the Midwest - very buggy, muggy, no breeze, no air, stifling - lasts till October. Fall is nice, but short - can go from hot one day to freezing the next. To me, the only decent weather months in the upper Midwest are April and October, and a couple weeks on either side, usually. From October thru April, everything is brown and gray. Summer is pretty and green, but not worth the horrible heat and humidity, to me anyway.

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

EmmaLee wrote: February 26th, 2018, 10:42 am
EmmaLee wrote: February 16th, 2017, 6:28 pm We live 1 1/2 hours from Adam-ondi-Ahman, and we go there frequently, including last Saturday. The valley is planted in crops every spring by the non-LDS farmers who live in the area - the entire valley is leased out by the Church to local farmers as farmland. There are a few picnic tables up on the hill/overlook area, with a restroom (yay!), and a path with markers and big rocks with plaques explaining why the area is significant, etc. Other than this, there is nothing there. Of all the dozens of times we've been there, we've only ever run across non-LDS farmers working around, who also live there - they have all been very nice people. At least, this is what it was like last Saturday when my husband and I drove down for the afternoon, as we often do.
Winter is cold, windy, and gray - not a ton of snow, usually, but enough to mess up the roads - and ice, too. Lasts a good solid 4 months or more, and sometimes an entire week or two goes by without seeing the sun even once. Spring is nice, but volatile and short. This is when tornadoes start and are likely, and then possible, until late fall. Summer weather, which starts in May, is very hot and humid. I absolutely hate summer in the Midwest - very buggy, muggy, no breeze, no air, stifling - lasts till October. Fall is nice, but short - can go from hot one day to freezing the next. To me, the only decent weather months in the upper Midwest are April and October, and a couple weeks on either side, usually. From October thru April, everything is brown and gray. Summer is pretty and green, but not worth the horrible heat and humidity, to me anyway.
Well, we have officially stopped thinking about that for now!

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Craig Johnson wrote: February 26th, 2018, 10:56 am
Haha, yeah, some people don't mind it, but after 30 years of living here, I don't know too many people who live here because they like the weather - most just complain about it year round. We only live here because of my husbands job. Once he retires, we're outta here the next day, literally. To me, the only benefit of living here is the close proximity to many Church history sites - and as that is one of my favorite subjects, I've enjoyed that - but I've seen them all a hundred times by now, so...

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

EmmaLee wrote: February 26th, 2018, 11:01 am Haha, yeah, some people don't mind it, but after 30 years of living here, I don't know too many people who live here because they like the weather - most just complain about it year round. We only live here because of my husbands job. Once he retires, we're outta here the next day, literally. To me, the only benefit of living here is the close proximity to many Church history sites - and as that is one of my favorite subjects, I've enjoyed that - but I've seen them all a hundred times by now, so...
Points we did not even think about. thanks for the info!

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Re-opened the Poll.

For fun :D

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

DesertWonderer wrote: February 15th, 2017, 8:41 am
BeNotDeceived wrote:Bad times begin the first week of April 2024.
Are you saying the period of "silence in the heavens" ends then? How did you come to that conclusion?
Nope ASHH ends 2025-2040.

7yrs prosperity proceeded as per my hypothesis, but then Biden blew it.

2448 doth continue to stand out.

Time will be the teller. 🚀

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

EmmaLee wrote: February 26th, 2018, 11:01 am
Craig Johnson wrote: February 26th, 2018, 10:56 am

Haha, yeah, some people don't mind it, but after 30 years of living here, I don't know too many people who live here because they like the weather - most just complain about it year round. We only live here because of my husbands job. Once he retires, we're outta here the next day, literally. To me, the only benefit of living here is the close proximity to many Church history sites - and as that is one of my favorite subjects, I've enjoyed that - but I've seen them all a hundred times by now, so...
How far is it to OKC?

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

BeNotDeceived wrote: January 7th, 2023, 5:04 pm
EmmaLee wrote: February 26th, 2018, 11:01 am Haha, yeah, some people don't mind it, but after 30 years of living here, I don't know too many people who live here because they like the weather - most just complain about it year round. To me, the only benefit of living here is the close proximity to many Church history sites - and as that is one of my favorite subjects, I've enjoyed that - but I've seen them all a hundred times by now, so...
How far is it to OKC?
We've made the trip a couple of times (my brother used to live in Tulsa), and it's approx. 550 miles or so. Took us about 7-8 hours, when the roads weren't icy/no storms.