Three Important Points About Islam

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
skmo
captain of 1,000

Three Important Points About Islam

Post by skmo »

In the video below (it's less than 10 minutes) three key beliefs are explained which point to a very dangerous view of Islam. Those three points are:

1) Islam has not been hijacked by radicals, it is meant to be an absolutist religion with a very different kind of scripture than the world is used to. The scripture, the Qur'an, is meant to be taken literally, and while other religions have contradictory verses to be interpreted by the individual, all of the Qur'an should be guided by later verses (which are usually more violent and/or extremist.)

2) Striving to institute worldwide Shari'a Law is a duty for Muslims. This means no laws or governments but Shari'a Law should exist anywhere in the world.

3) Muslims are allowed to deceive non-Muslims if it helps spread Islam. This concept is called "Taqiyya" and is accepted to differing levels among Islamic scholars.

Knowing little of Islam as I do, any insightful concepts people with more exposure to Islam can explain to me? These three things, if accurate, are remarkably scary. Basically it's saying all Islam is supposed to be radical, the fight won't stop until everyone is Muslim or dead, and any lies or deception is okay if it helps the religion grow.

I have some friends who are very liberal, and I can already hear their responses. "That's only a small percentage" or "That's what xenophobic people believe" but with that third characteristic, I don't see how either of those explanations are of any value.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsfYnrDKiZk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By the way, I did not use the "YouTube" function here because the screenshot still of the video page features nude people, even though I didn't see them in the video.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Re: Three Important Points About Islam

Post by brianj »

I believe these points are accurate. The Koran is to be taken literally, with the newer portions superseding older portions. And many Muslims in the US have expressed offense that a US court could have authority over them, though I have also noticed a softening in the attitude as people get used to a comfortable western lifestyle. Regarding lying to get people to convert, check out this video:
If you don't think Islam is dangerous, or that Islam is a friend to Christianity, you don't know Islam.

The one thing that I could disagree with is your statement that the fight won't stop until everyone is Muslim or dead. When I was a kid, we visited Tijuana. We parked in San Ysidro and walked across the border, and seeing so many cars driving across prompted me to ask why we didn't drive across. My father warned me that many people he knows have had a kid come up to them as they park, offering to watch the car so nothing bad happens to it while it's parked there. At that point in time you know something bad will happen to your car, and who will do it, if you don't pay up.
The same thing happens in Islam. You are welcome to live in Muslim countries as an infidel, but you will pay the جزية‎‎ - the jizya - to make sure nothing bad happens to you. And you will follow sharia law, including the parts that forbid any open display of religion or building of churches. If you live in Saudi Arabia you aren't even allowed to have a non-Muslim church service or a Bible study in your own home!

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

skmo,

I knew nothing about Islam prior to 9-11, and my research into it since has been scary. One of the words that is mis-understood is "fundamentalism", and this may be deliberate, by the mainstream media. The idea of fundamentalism is to take your scriptures, founder, and religion more literally. In the case of "fundamentalist" Christians, that means taking the Bible more literately, and the story of Jesus Christ more literally.

While this may lead to some strange ideas, such as that the world was created in 144 earth hours, it generally this leads to a more peaceful, loving life, because Jesus, was the absolute example of love, and the message in the Bible is generally peaceful.

In the case of Islam, it leads to something different. There is a well known concept of dualism in Islam. First of all there are 2 phases in the Quran. That part which was recited by Muhammed before, his flight to Medina, and those that were recited after his flight to Medina. When he lived in Mecca, he was kind of that crazy prophet, who most people ignored, and while he never actually preached love and peace, his prophetic recitals did have kind of a peaceable let be and get along tone to them. After, we went to Medina, he became a military pirate, raiding and fighting all of the time, particularly with the Merchants of his former Mecca. His primary message, when living in Mecca, was that there was only one God, and he compared his new religion favorablly to Christians and Jews. In fact, he claimed to be the final prophet to the whole world including Christians and Jews following Moses, Abraham, and Jesus (who was a mere prophet, not Lord and Savior...In fact there is a strange story in the Quran, as to how Allah fooled the Christians into thinking that Christ was crucified, when he really wasn't).

Medina was mostly inhabited by Jews. Unfortunately, they never accepted him as a prophet. They also, did not want to participate in his ever increasing battles, and raids. This angered Muhammad, and he believed that they had a treaty or a contract to follow him no matter what. So he started by seizing the property of the Jews in 1 tribe and banishing them into the desert. This did not bring him the loyalty and adoration he demanded of the Jews, so he got harsher and harsher, until with the last tribe he murdered all of the men, and put all of the women and Children into slavery.

He wanted to return to Mecca, and they were afraid of him. He made a 7 year Peace treaty with them. His followers thought that this treaty was demeaning. Muhammad told them that when a Muslim was in a position of weakness, it was ok to make a treaty for 7 years or so, in order to regain strength, and resume the fight. After only 1 or 2 years (I forget which), he claimed that the Meccans broke the treaty and returned with an army and conquered Mecca. This is very important in understanding what is going on in the Middle East, because this is what is cited, and used by Muslims to make fake treaties with infidels and then break them. We are fools, because we never learn.

There are "Moderate" or "Liberal" Muslims who believe that there are a lot of good things in Islam and in the Quran, they have to argue that one must reinterpret the Quran, and the life of Muhammad in a modern way.

There are 3 problems with this. First of all, that while there are some fundamentalist Christians, who believe that the Bible, word for word, is the word of God, Christianity can generally accept that the Bible was written by men writing down in their imperfection, the perfect words of God. Key to Islam, is that the Quran, is WORD FOR WORD the word of God from his mouth, to Mohammed's recitation to the scribes writing. There cannot be 1 Jot or Tittle of error.

The Second problem is that, while Muslims make it clear that Muhammad was only a man, the Quran makes it clear that he was the most perfect man, and the more you live like him, the more perfect you will be. That is why they kill people who disparage Muhammad. That is also why they have a problem with pedophilia. Muhammed married his favorite wife when she was 6, and consummated the marriage when she was 9. So the more you live like the most "perfect" man, the more you become a lecherous, pedophile, pirate. And of course Jesus set a somewhat different example.

The third problem, is that while there is a duality (which if you desire I could explain in detail) , in the Quran, and Hadith, and Sunna, (the writings necessary to understand the context of the Quran, and Mohammed's life), that fact of the matter is, that the closer you live to Mohammed's life and the message of the Quran, the closer you get to being Jihadi terrorists.

By the way, there is a well know word "Taqiya", which is the term for endorsed lying to Infidels, in order to disguise the true intent of Islam

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiya

I know this is a little long, but I hope it does give you an overview of what I have discovered since 9-11 about that "Religion of Peace"

Regards,

George Clay

paulrobots
captain of 100

Post by paulrobots »

"A radical muslim wants to behead you, a moderate muslim wants a radical muslim to behead you."

Some Wise Person

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

paulRobots,

Unfortunately wise, and true!

... And it is those Moderates who most engage in Taqiya

Regards,

George Clay

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I recommend Dan Peterson's "Understanding Islam" presentation.
It is a CD set.
Part 1 deals with Islamic beliefs
Part 2 deals with Islamic history and current world view.

Very, very good.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Robin Hood wrote:I recommend Dan Peterson's "Understanding Islam" presentation.
It is a CD set.

Very, very good.

Robin Hood
What conclusions are drawn?
dc

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Here's some Muslims voicing their own beliefs. Judge for yourself whether they think they're the radical fringe or not. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwLt4Hj9Pyg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

David13 wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:I recommend Dan Peterson's "Understanding Islam" presentation.
It is a CD set.

Very, very good.

Robin Hood
What conclusions are drawn?
dc
A couple that stood out for me:
1. Muhammad's religious concerns were a reaction to the conditions of his day, and specifically to apostate Judaism and Christianity.
2. The initial meeting with the angel is likely to be a later assumption as he describes a being sat on a throne. Peterson suggests this was God and that Muhammad was having a "first vision" type experience.
3. He was not a violent man by the standards of the day.
4. He and his followers were persecuted.
5. Peterson wouldn't go as far as to say for sure that Muhammad was a genuine prophet, but suspects he was. This agrees with Brigham Young's assessment.
6. Upon Muhammad's death there was a split between those who thought his son's should take over and those who didn't. A bit like the RLDS/LDS split.
7. Two major doctrinal factions arose and contended with each other. There were various versions of scripture but the winners literally burned all copies of the Quran except the one they accepted.
8. Modern Islam can be considered an apostate version of the original.

With regard the historical view:
1. Islam was a force for enlightenment in the beginning. Universities, trade, money system, mathematics etc.
2. Islam ignored northern Europe. Thought they were barbarians and therefore never saw the renaisance coming.
3. Suddenly they were playing second fiddle to Christian Europe. Even the ships that took pilgrims to Mecca were built and operated by Christians. The trade routes from which Muslims made so much wealth were circumvented by the Christian shipping fleets. The Muslim world was plunged into a poverty from which it has never recovered. If we exclude oil, the GDP of the entire Muslim world of a billion people is about the same as Finland.
4. Modern fundamentalism is a reaction to this. The Muslim world tried to copy the Christian world in an attempt to catch up but it has failed. Fundamentalists are those who point out that Islam was pre-eminent when it did it's own thing, followed Islam closely, and didn't try to copy apostates (Christians). This is the root of the anti-western rhetoric. They feel that if they go back to basics Islam and the Muslim world will be great again.
5. The argument is really about what "basics" constitutes.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

Robin Hood,

If your representation of
Is correct. Because he obviously ignores easily provable history in order to be an apoloist for Islam. THere are many you said, but I will identify 2
Here are just a few guys he murdered or had murdered

http://wikiislam.net/wiki/List_of_Killi ... y_Muhammad
2. Islam ignored northern Europe. Thought they were barbarians and therefore never saw the renaisance coming.
I realize out there in Europe, you don't follow events here in the U.S, but I will pose a question to see just how ignorant you are.

Do you know the significance of the date that 9-11 terrorists chose to attack the WTC....While there is a lot we disagree upon, I do believe that you are not one of those wackos that think this was faked.... so do you know the significance of September 11 ?

Also I know you Brits Don't care much for France, and have little respect for them, but have you ever heard of a guy name Charles "The Hammer" Martel, or the battle of Tours?

For most of us with an interest in history these are not minor unknown events..

SO how can you support the above ridiculous statement, if you can answer those 2 questions?

Regards,

George Clay

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

gclayjr wrote:Robin Hood,

Is correct. Because he obviously ignores easily provable history in order to be an apoloist for Islam. THere are many you said, but I will identify 2

I realize out there in Europe, you don't follow events here in the U.S, but I will pose a question to see just how ignorant you are.

Do you know the significance of the date that 9-11 terrorists chose to attack the WTC....While there is a lot we disagree upon, I do believe that you are not one of those wackos that think this was faked.... so do you know the significance of September 11 ?

Also I know you Brits Don't care much for France, and have little respect for them, but have you ever heard of a guy name Charles "The Hammer" Martel, or the battle of Tours?

SO how can you support the above ridiculous statement, if you can answer those 2 questions?

Regards,

George Clay
911 is very significant.. it's the day that the would trade towers were taken down by the assistance of our own government who used terrorist to take the heat for their planned actions.

It's a first in history. First time ever that concrete reinforced building have ever fallen down due to fire or being struck by a plane. And that day we had 3. Tower 1,2 and 7. Which somehow all fell strait down at freefall. (Which is impossible unless there was no structural integrity in the entire building). into their footprints exactly like controlled demolition. Building 7 was barely on fire. And and was not hit by a plane. Yet miraculously fell exactly like it had just been demolished.

Not only that but the incredible thing about building 7 is they reported that it had fallen 20 minutes prior to it falling down. It's quite amazing that the reporter was able to tell the future.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=677i43QfYpQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Truly amazing. Aww inspiring. Almost as if. Oh do I dare say. It was.............. orchestrated. To pull at the heart strings of Americans to go to war.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

h_p wrote:Here's some Muslims voicing their own beliefs. Judge for yourself whether they think they're the radical fringe or not. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwLt4Hj9Pyg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Okay, that's a good video, thanks (I YT linked that video below, it's worth just over 3 minutes of your time, folks.)

Here's another good one. Somebody really needs to explain to Ben who Moroni was/is. This is a guy who really should be LDS.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

gclayjr wrote:Robin Hood,

Regards,

George Clay
George,
What Bro. Peterson is saying is that the Muhammad, and indeed the Islam that we see represented today, is nothing like the real Muhammad or the original Islam.
This man, unlike you and I, is an expert in these matters of history.
He is also LDS and understands religious drift, apostasy and fraud.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

Ezra,
911 is very significant.. it's the day that the would trade towers were taken down by the assistance of our own government who used terrorist to take the heat for their planned actions
You demonstrate another problem with being a conspiracy person. You guys would turn a conversation about whether someone preferred Chocolate or Vanilla Ice Cream, into a rant on your conspiracy. Not only that, somehow you think that saying the same thing over, and, over, and over, and over... somehow brings something new to the conversation.

My question had nothing to do with whether or not Muslim terrorists attacked the world trade center or whether it was a convoluted plot by the CIA, the Illuminati and all of your other "usual suspects" . It was a question related to European - Muslim history. To see if Robin Hood has a basic understanding of history or not. You didn't give him the chance to answer, but perhaps another thing that immersion in conspiracy stuff does is destroy any actual understanding of history (Besides crap about Illuminati, Rothschilds and other hated Jews). You have adequately demonstrated your complete ignorance of this history.

For Centuries the Muslims tried to conquer Europe, from the East. For Centuries they were unable to gain entrance, because of this most fortified city in the world at that time, Constantinople. Finally, on May 29,1453, Constantinople fell. This not only opened the gateway to Europe, but effectively closed trade from Europe to the far East, interestingly leading to Christopher Columbus discovering America, and eventually the founding of the U.S. Interesting, how terrible things often lead to wonderful things (Well at least for those of us who DO believe that the US is a wonderful thing).

The Muslims (Ottomans) started chewing up Europe. THey gobbled up Greece, the Balkin countries etc. In 1683, they attacked what is Now Austria, and began a siege of the City of Vienna. The King of Poland sent an Army to save Vienna, and broke the Siege on Sept 11-12. From that day on, the Muslims were in retreat in Europe. It was the High water mark of the Muslim World. Their Gettysburg so to speak. That was the Reason that that day; September 11 was chosen to attack the U.S.A.

Now I am sure that you can come up with a Jewish conspiracy to explain the story of Charles Martel and how he drove out the Moorish Muslims from France, but please refrain and let Robin Hood, give us his explanation.

Regards,

George Clay
Last edited by gclayjr on January 11th, 2017, 1:04 pm, edited 7 times in total.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

gclayjr wrote:Do you know the significance of the date that 9-11 terrorists chose to attack the WTC....While there is a lot we disagree upon, I do believe that you are not one of those wackos that think this was faked.... so do you know the significance of September 11 ?
I don't know. I doubt you are referencing the Mountain Meadows Massacre, and I am not aware of any big Islamic victories on that date. I believe the Ottomans suffered two big losses on September 11 of different years, if we use the Gregorian calendar before Gregory introduced it or before it was adopted outside Europe.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

Brianj,

Our posts passed each other. It was a famous DEFEAT. Read my post above!

Regards,

George Clay

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Also worthwhile to read is The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam and the Crusades.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

DesertWanderer,

Have that on CD...

Good Book!

Regards,

George Clay

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Robin Hood wrote:What Bro. Peterson is saying is that the Muhammad, and indeed the Islam that we see represented today, is nothing like the real Muhammad or the original Islam.
This opinion would probably get you beheaded in Saudi Arabia or Iran.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

h_p wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:What Bro. Peterson is saying is that the Muhammad, and indeed the Islam that we see represented today, is nothing like the real Muhammad or the original Islam.
This opinion would probably get you beheaded in Saudi Arabia or Iran.
Which proves my point.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

There's a lot of well-versed Muslims who would vehemently disagree with you.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

h_p wrote:There's a lot of well-versed Muslims who would vehemently disagree with you.
To be honest, I don't really care.

Spider
captain of 100

Post by Spider »

brianj wrote:If you live in Saudi Arabia you aren't even allowed to have a non-Muslim church service or a Bible study in your own home!
Although I believe Islam and the Koran are worrisome, this statement isn't true. The Mormon church has branches in Saudi Arabia, at least on the compounds. I know Mormons who grew up there.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Spider wrote:
brianj wrote:If you live in Saudi Arabia you aren't even allowed to have a non-Muslim church service or a Bible study in your own home!
Although I believe Islam and the Koran are worrisome, this statement isn't true. The Mormon church has branches in Saudi Arabia, at least on the compounds. I know Mormons who grew up there.
What I have heard is that most, if not all, Christian worship services are in diplomatic compounds where the assemblies are protected from Saudi religious police. This doesn't contradict my initial statement or your response, but also serves as a warning that if you are in Saudi Arabia you had better not attend any non-Muslim religious meeting that isn't safely inside a diplomatic compound.
Looking at Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on the LDS meetinghouse locator, the nearest church buildings I see are in Doha, Qatar.
Just a few years back the Saudi religious police raided a private home and arrested at least 40 people for plotting to celebrate the birth of Jesus. I have heard of more recent raids based on an allegation of Bible studies.

I found an article at Fox News dated 12/22/16 that states the raid and arrests I mentioned happened in 2012, and that Saudi state media had warned citizens that greeting non-Muslims with Christmas wishes was an endorsement of their faith.

The US State Department's 2008 International Religious Freedom Report lists several cases of Christians having their homes raided and being arrested for holding worship services inside their own home. The 2015 report didn't go into as much detail so I'll just give a link to the 2008 report. Scroll down about halfway and find the part labeled Abuses of Freedom of Religion.
https://www.state.gov/j/drl/rls/irf/2008/108492.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Allah is Lucifer. Islam is his religion.

Allah is referred to as the Dragon in the Quran. The arabic text for Allah is a dragon or a serpent. Lucifer is referred to as the dragon or the serpent in christian scripture. A lot of people translate Allah to mean god because that is the closest word for what Allah is in the English language but if you work under the assumption that Allah is a separate being from our god a lot of things make more sense.