Do you believe Julie?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

Do you believe Julie Rowe's books?

Yes
18%
No
55%
Kinda
18%
What books?
9%

Total votes: 82
Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Re: Do you believe Julie?

Post by Matchmaker »

Most of the GAs books are in the library.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

I've read:
Visions of Glory
The Great Gathering
A Greater Tomorrow - JR
The Time is Now - JR
Cleansing of America - Cleon Skousen
Prophecy, Key to the Future

I like Prophecy, Key to the Future for a timeline perspective. I'm not really interested in NDEs.

I have all of these on Kindle, so I don't feel bad about buying them.

I think it is good to stay out of debt as much as possible. Having a year supply of food gives you some peace. Having your house paid off also gives you some peace.

I think it is important to also be spiritually prepared.

I don't want the tribulations to begin. I hear of people moving in preparation, that may be a little over zealous. I hear of people going against the church and leaders, I don't think that is smart.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

If a person doesn't want the tribulations to begin, then what they are really saying is that they want Christ to DELAY His coming.

Personally, I pray for Him to hasten His coming. That is what He has asked us to do.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Lizzy60 wrote:If a person doesn't want the tribulations to begin, then what they are really saying is that they want Christ to DELAY His coming.

Personally, I pray for Him to hasten His coming. That is what He has asked us to do.
He can certainly come individually at any time. In the scheme of things, it will actually be soon even if 50 years off. :)

Emmanuel
captain of 100

Post by Emmanuel »

Lizzy60 wrote:If a person doesn't want the tribulations to begin, then what they are really saying is that they want Christ to DELAY His coming.

The time known as the great tribulation is not what was wanted by God, nevertheless it was know to come due to mankind's sins and the state of the world in the time of opening of sixth seal. Preparations are in place to help those who are found in book of life in that time and to call the world to repentance, the two witnesses will do so displaying power that rivals the Antichrist as he displays the power of Hell so shall the power of Heaven be seen of mankind as well. Sadly many of mankind will see the two witnesses as evil and Antichrist as good, because the two witnesses will also bring forth plagues as consequence to the sins of that time, done so for their own good and sake of the eternal laws.

The time of God wrath is the blessing that will spare some from the destruction of Abomination of Desolation, it is in the resurrection shall this be known to all and they appreciate the woes they went through that brought them to repentance. Know that no mater which church a righteous soul is found in time of the gathering they shall be called and aided and the Holy Spirit will be poured upon them to aid them in the darkness, for some must give their life for sake of Christ and lift not sword in doing so to be justified by eternal laws. When the time comes known as the reign of Antichrist known as the great tribulation after the fall of earth in it dimension, the atonement is not as easily applied and hence why some will have go through things to receive forgiveness. There is a point during those days that repentance is taken away from the world that is near the ending after the abomination of desolation has begun, souls which take the mark of beast can not repent of such a sin and will be in a type of possession by Abaddon.

I would advise people do have water storage sealed from the air, and a food storage of at least two years and be prepared to share it with others who may come in need of you, for as Joseph of Egypt was so must also the saints be lest the Wrath of God come upon them also. This is why I have been teaching people not to kill even if in scriptures their was times of exceptions in mysterious ways not revealed to mankind, the time known as great tribulation is not same and a soul needs to rather than try save it life lay it down for their faith in Christ. In the beginning it is in wisdom people survive who are meant to so they can complete the testimony their spirit has chosen for sake of righteousness, understand that the persecutions that came upon the disciples will come upon Christians in that time, more so upon the saints and they will have to endure in faith and not lift the sword the spirit will help people to flee if meant too and will strengthen when the appointed time of giving their life for Christ comes.
Last edited by Emmanuel on September 11th, 2015, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

zionminded wrote:Many who don't believe her also don't believe the LDS church is divinely led.

And you know this how?

FTR I'm derisively known as a TBM and glad to be one.

All the people I know who have read or heard of her are TBM's.

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

Matchmaker wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
Matchmaker wrote: It's a good read. Many on the forum have read it.
.... and dismissed it.

Not as many as have dismissed Julie's books!
Actually I found it MUCH worse than JR's book from the shear amount of false doctrine, incorrectly interpreted scriptures and other red flags. I can only categorize VG as BAD LDS Science Fiction.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

I am not going to judge the validity of either one of the author's books. I enjoyed reading all of them, and I am waiting to read Hector Sosa's book soon too. I realize that what they write is their own individual truth meant for them and their families.

I like to read their testimonies and interpretations. I know big earthquakes are coming along the Wasatch Front, so I am getting prepared to the best of my ability. I wish everyone saw the same things in the same sequence. It would be less confusing. However, I realize I am reading about counsel given to the authors about their particular situations, and I need to be careful applying their counsel to my own life.

zionminded
captain of 1,000

Post by zionminded »

mirkwood wrote:
zionminded wrote:Many who don't believe her also don't believe the LDS church is divinely led.

And you know this how?
I don't have statistical facts, but it appears that much of the anti JR propoganda in this forum comes from either ex-mormon's or from die hard fundamentalists. There are exceptions. The recent pod cast about her, seemed to echo that.

Mcox
captain of 100

Post by Mcox »

Zion you couldn't be more wrong. I for one am a very active member of the church. I have served 2 missions, I'm a temple worker and I teach gospel doctrine. I think the opposite is true. Those who fall for these fads according to Elder Maxwell "are not doctrinally sophisticated." Now that being said! I was one of them last year....but thankfully I continued to study and pray, and I know the truth now.

theBruceGuy
captain of 100
Location: Battling SPECTRE -Sanctimonious People Engaging in Condecending Treament of Remnant Embassadors

Post by theBruceGuy »

mirkwood wrote:

And you know this how?

I use the term TBM and there is no derision in it. It is descriptive. JFS was proud of the title "I'm a Mormon, .....true Blue, through and through. Why you would think it is given derisively, I don't know. It is only that way in your own mind, but I am happy that you are glad to be TBM.

It is simply used to clarify that you are not someone who believes in any of the Remnant, or breakoff groups.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Matchmaker wrote:I am not going to judge the validity of either one of the author's books. I enjoyed reading all of them, and I am waiting to read Hector Sosa's book soon too. I realize that what they write is their own individual truth meant for them and their families.

I like to read their testimonies and interpretations. I know big earthquakes are coming along the Wasatch Front, so I am getting prepared to the best of my ability. I wish everyone saw the same things in the same sequence. It would be less confusing. However, I realize I am reading about counsel given to the authors about their particular situations, and I need to be careful applying their counsel to my own life.
Be forewarned that Hector's book is horrible.

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

I don't mean to single you out, but rather to address this spurious (I like this word) claim and all others of its ilk. I have heard many blatantly false claims that just because someone disagrees with Julie Rowe that they [fill in the blank with some false accusation and then misapply it to everyone who disagrees with her in order to try making them look bad]. And frankly I'm getting sick of it.

Anyone who knows me or has read my posts will know that I have been a vocal advocate against Julie Rowe's book. I simply do not believe it is true as she claims. According to some of her protagonists then the following spurious claims must be true about me and those others who disagree with Julie (I can only speak for myself, but I'm sure many of those who disagree with Julie feel similarly):
  • I "don't believe the LDS church is divinely led." Absolutely blatantly false. And shame on you for suggesting it. This is such an absurd suggestion as to defy all thought. Since when has not believing Julie Rowe suddenly equated to not believing the Church is led by God? Seriously?! Wow. I just don't know what to even say to that lie.
  • I don't believe in receiving personal revelation. Another absolutely false one. In fact it is because of doing my due diligence and receiving personal revelation that I have come to believe her account is not true.
  • I don't believe the prophets/prophecies in that bad things are coming. Again false. I am well aware of, perhaps more than most, that bad things are coming. I don't know exactly how everything will play out, but I have studied the scriptures and words of the prophets and I know they speak of great calamities proceeding the second coming and I know them to be true.
  • I'm not prepared for the calamities that are coming. Again false. Well... sorta. You see, can any one ever truly be fully ready and prepared for that which is to come? In some ways yes, and in some ways no. Have I done my best to follow the counsel of the prophets in having a supply of food, shelter, clothing, etc.? Yes. Have I done my best to learn skills, such as gardening, that will be of use in the days ahead? Yes. Have I tried to be spiritually ready? Yes. Is there still more that can be done? Absolutely!
  • I don't believe in dreams and visions. On the contrary. I have had numerous dreams which I feel have come from God warning me of things to come in the days ahead and to help prepare me for those days. I feel that many of the things I saw in these dreams will not necessarily happen literally though, but rather they were used to teach me important truths or principles that I need to know, such as following the prophet, receiving and listening to the Holy Ghost and promptings I receive, the power of prayer and the priesthood, and many more things.
  • I'm fearful and afraid of what the future may hold, therefore I deny what Julie is saying as true. Actually, because of my familiarity with the scriptures and words of the prophets I think I have a pretty good grasp on what the future holds. And yes, it is sobering and perhaps a bit unnerving. Still, and moreover, because I know how it turns out in the end, I am excited and looking forward to those things that are coming which will culminate in the coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to reign personally upon the earth.
  • I don't want to admit that Julie may be right and that we may have to go live in tent cities in the mountains. Actually, I am willing to entertain and accept it as a possibility. There does seem to be some scriptural support for something like it happening. You may not realize it, but I was a member of AVOW (an online forum where these things have been discussed at length) long before Julie Rowe ever popularized it and brought the idea more into the mainstream. Still, I am not so blind as to not realize that the Lord may have something else entirely in store for His saints than a "call-out."
  • I'm not willing to follow the prophets should a "call-out" come. On the contrary, I know God has chosen His servants the prophets and apostles for a reason, and I am willing to follow them whatever they ask. And how do we prepare ourselves to follow them in the future? By following them right now. And what have they asked us to do? Stand where we are and be a light to those around us, live the gospel, love one another, etc., etc. It is these things I am striving to do, right now, so that whatever happens in the future I will already be willing and able to follow the Lord's anointed servants wherever and whenever I am.
  • I don't want to attend all of my meetings at Church. Wrong again. In fact I attend all my meetings already, have done so from my youth up, and will continue to do so in the future. Not because I'm afraid of missing out on some super-secretive meeting and invitation from the prophet, but rather, because I love the Lord, want to serve Him, want to honor the Sabbath, renew my covenants, learn, and also help teach others the gospel, and so much more.
  • "Much of the anti JR propoganda in this forum comes from either ex-mormon's or from die hard fundamentalists." Again a lie. I'm an active and faithful member of the Church. Most of the people I know who have spoken out against her books are also, as far as I'm aware, active and faithful members of the Church too.
Now, as for the topic of this thread. Believe it or not I actually voted "kinda." Do I believe Julie's book is true, just as it is written? Absolutely not! You can read my review in the book review section for further details as to why. Having said that though, there are truths found in her book and it is not completely false - otherwise she likely would never have garnered the success and following she has. Therefore I "kinda" believe it's true, but at the same time there are so many problems with her account that I cannot in good conscience recommend it to others as being true.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

theBruceGuy wrote:
mirkwood wrote:

And you know this how?

I use the term TBM and there is no derision in it. It is descriptive. JFS was proud of the title "I'm a Mormon, .....true Blue, through and through. Why you would think it is given derisively, I don't know. It is only that way in your own mind, but I am happy that you are glad to be TBM.

It is simply used to clarify that you are not someone who believes in any of the Remnant, or breakoff groups.
I was using that term to describe a certain mentality around this place.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Matchmaker wrote:Most of the GAs books are in the library.
What library? They are not available in my ward library, my county library, or the library systems of other nearby counties.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

brianj wrote:
Matchmaker wrote:Most of the GAs books are in the library.
What library? They are not available in my ward library, my county library, or the library systems of other nearby counties.

Salt Lake County Library

zionminded
captain of 1,000

Post by zionminded »

Onsdag wrote:
I don't mean to single you out, but rather to address this spurious (I like this word) claim and all others of its ilk. I have heard many blatantly false claims that just because someone disagrees with Julie Rowe that they [fill in the blank with some false accusation and then misapply it to everyone who disagrees with her in order to try making them look bad]. And frankly I'm getting sick of it.

Anyone who knows me or has read my posts will know that I have been a vocal advocate against Julie Rowe's book. I simply do not believe it is true as she claims. According to some of her protagonists then the following spurious claims must be true about me and those others who disagree with Julie (I can only speak for myself, but I'm sure many of those who disagree with Julie feel similarly):
  • I "don't believe the LDS church is divinely led." Absolutely blatantly false. And shame on you for suggesting it. This is such an absurd suggestion as to defy all thought. Since when has not believing Julie Rowe suddenly equated to not believing the Church is led by God? Seriously?! Wow. I just don't know what to even say to that lie.
  • I don't believe in receiving personal revelation. Another absolutely false one. In fact it is because of doing my due diligence and receiving personal revelation that I have come to believe her account is not true.
  • I don't believe the prophets/prophecies in that bad things are coming. Again false. I am well aware of, perhaps more than most, that bad things are coming. I don't know exactly how everything will play out, but I have studied the scriptures and words of the prophets and I know they speak of great calamities proceeding the second coming and I know them to be true.
  • I'm not prepared for the calamities that are coming. Again false. Well... sorta. You see, can any one ever truly be fully ready and prepared for that which is to come? In some ways yes, and in some ways no. Have I done my best to follow the counsel of the prophets in having a supply of food, shelter, clothing, etc.? Yes. Have I done my best to learn skills, such as gardening, that will be of use in the days ahead? Yes. Have I tried to be spiritually ready? Yes. Is there still more that can be done? Absolutely!
  • I don't believe in dreams and visions. On the contrary. I have had numerous dreams which I feel have come from God warning me of things to come in the days ahead and to help prepare me for those days. I feel that many of the things I saw in these dreams will not necessarily happen literally though, but rather they were used to teach me important truths or principles that I need to know, such as following the prophet, receiving and listening to the Holy Ghost and promptings I receive, the power of prayer and the priesthood, and many more things.
  • I'm fearful and afraid of what the future may hold, therefore I deny what Julie is saying as true. Actually, because of my familiarity with the scriptures and words of the prophets I think I have a pretty good grasp on what the future holds. And yes, it is sobering and perhaps a bit unnerving. Still, and moreover, because I know how it turns out in the end, I am excited and looking forward to those things that are coming which will culminate in the coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to reign personally upon the earth.
  • I don't want to admit that Julie may be right and that we may have to go live in tent cities in the mountains. Actually, I am willing to entertain and accept it as a possibility. There does seem to be some scriptural support for something like it happening. You may not realize it, but I was a member of AVOW (an online forum where these things have been discussed at length) long before Julie Rowe ever popularized it and brought the idea more into the mainstream. Still, I am not so blind as to not realize that the Lord may have something else entirely in store for His saints than a "call-out."
  • I'm not willing to follow the prophets should a "call-out" come. On the contrary, I know God has chosen His servants the prophets and apostles for a reason, and I am willing to follow them whatever they ask. And how do we prepare ourselves to follow them in the future? By following them right now. And what have they asked us to do? Stand where we are and be a light to those around us, live the gospel, love one another, etc., etc. It is these things I am striving to do, right now, so that whatever happens in the future I will already be willing and able to follow the Lord's anointed servants wherever and whenever I am.
  • I don't want to attend all of my meetings at Church. Wrong again. In fact I attend all my meetings already, have done so from my youth up, and will continue to do so in the future. Not because I'm afraid of missing out on some super-secretive meeting and invitation from the prophet, but rather, because I love the Lord, want to serve Him, want to honor the Sabbath, renew my covenants, learn, and also help teach others the gospel, and so much more.
  • "Much of the anti JR propoganda in this forum comes from either ex-mormon's or from die hard fundamentalists." Again a lie. I'm an active and faithful member of the Church. Most of the people I know who have spoken out against her books are also, as far as I'm aware, active and faithful members of the Church too.
Now, as for the topic of this thread. Believe it or not I actually voted "kinda." Do I believe Julie's book is true, just as it is written? Absolutely not! You can read my review in the book review section for further details as to why. Having said that though, there are truths found in her book and it is not completely false - otherwise she likely would never have garnered the success and following she has. Therefore I "kinda" believe it's true, but at the same time there are so many problems with her account that I cannot in good conscience recommend it to others as being true.
Thank you for that post. Generalizations are not always accurate. I think you're an exception to mine. Please forgive me for any unrighteous judgement it wasn't my intent to put everybody into the same box, as I know we are all very different in our view points and positions.

KurtTheMormon
captain of 100

Post by KurtTheMormon »

Here's my take on it all:

Something doesn't feel quite right.

Exactly what isn't quite right? I don't know. However, I think what she is saying is truth mingled with some portion of error.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

MrNasty wrote:
Matchmaker wrote:I am not going to judge the validity of either one of the author's books. I enjoyed reading all of them, and I am waiting to read Hector Sosa's book soon too. I realize that what they write is their own individual truth meant for them and their families.

Be forewarned that Hector's book is horrible.
Please elaborate! Julie seems to endorse him quite highly.

zionminded
captain of 1,000

Post by zionminded »

KurtTheMormon wrote:Here's my take on it all:

Something doesn't feel quite right.

Exactly what isn't quite right? I don't know. However, I think what she is saying is truth mingled with some portion of error.
Who's truth isn't?

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

Post by BrotherOfMahonri »

Seems she is not approved of the brethren either...

https://kutv.com/news/local/lds-church- ... misleading" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Where are the false prophet criers - shadow? rewcox? AI 2.0? or did you already state thus with her?

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

BrotherOfMahonri wrote:Seems she is not approved of the brethren either...

https://kutv.com/news/local/lds-church- ... misleading" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Where are the false prophet criers - shadow? rewcox? AI 2.0? or did you already state thus with her?
The church didn't say she was misleading, kutv did. JR says to follow the leaders. You don't say that.

JR has made some statements which will soon be shown one way or the other. DS exposed himself in the 10th talk.

You also made some statements, and as Shadow has mentioned, not looking so good.

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

rewcox wrote:
BrotherOfMahonri wrote:Seems she is not approved of the brethren either...

The church didn't say she was misleading, kutv did. JR says to follow the leaders. You don't say that.

JR has made some statements which will soon be shown one way or the other. DS exposed himself in the 10th talk.

You also made some statements, and as Shadow has mentioned, not looking so good.
So you are now quoting shadow as if he is some authority - wow... pretty hypocritical. You I would expect at least the courtesy to read my words directly rather than believe what mr shadow has erroneously put into my mouth - which is in error. It is people like him and you put false words in others mouths that they never said - that is dangerous ground.

You go ahead and start quoting shadow, and who knows but you two will be the next prophets in the hierarchy chosen by God?

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

BrotherOfMahonri wrote:So you are now quoting shadow as if he is some authority - wow... pretty hypocritical. You I would expect at least the courtesy to read my words directly rather than believe what mr shadow has erroneously put into my mouth - which is in error. It is people like him and you put false words in others mouths that they never said - that is dangerous ground.

You go ahead and start quoting shadow, and who knows but you two will be the next prophets in the hierarchy chosen by God?
Others too have been saying things about what might happen. You open yourself up to people not believing what you say.

Neither shadow or I are authorities, just observers.

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

rewcox wrote:[
Others too have been saying things about what might happen. You open yourself up to people not believing what you say.
Another amazing insight! Wow! Really? I had not clue! Thanks for this revelation.

Neither shadow or I are authorities, just observers who now quote each other - a pattern you are taught seemingly somewhere in your life ;) .