Do you believe Julie?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

Do you believe Julie Rowe's books?

Yes
18%
No
55%
Kinda
18%
What books?
9%

Total votes: 82
iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Do you believe Julie?

Post by iWriteStuff »

Ok, folks: step right up and put it on the line. I see the top five threads in this section are all Julie related. Fight all you want about her, but where do you stand?

Please vote above.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Re: Do you believe Julie?

Post by mirkwood »

Nope.

Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

Post by Bee Prepared »

Nope

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

mirkwood wrote:Nope.

This is my shocked face -> /:)

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

iWriteStuff wrote:
mirkwood wrote:Nope.

This is my shocked face -> /:)
This is my shocked face at your shocked face -> /:)

;)

hhh112321
Hi, I'm new.

Post by hhh112321 »

Where is the "hell no" option?

oxbloodangel
captain of 100

Post by oxbloodangel »

Surprise! My answer has nuance.

I don't believe she is a liar or deceived. I do take her at her word that she received this for her family and was instructed to publish it for the good of others. I've read many NDE's from the past few hundred years so my perspective isn't fangirlish, sorry to disappoint. I hold the prophet's counsel and my own dreams as more accurate and relevant to me and mine.

So yes, I believe her books reflect what she needs and what others who have been led to read her books need (likely more in terms of spiritual readiness, as she is pointing to the prophet unequivocally at a time when many false prophets are claiming our prophet is uninspired). I do not believe her words are "true" in the sense that the Book of Mormon is true. God is truth. Everyone else is merely given a portion to share. I see Julie sharing hers in earnest and a lot of people condemning her for it. Sad, really. So much good is found when we look.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

I've not read her books. I'll say that the arguments of those who support her are full of love and charity and the arguments of those who don't are full of judgement and unbelief so it leads me to be biased in her favor. Of course this is speaking in generalities and is my uninformed opinion FWIW

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Conflicted.

Ted
captain of 10

Post by Ted »

I am guessing that Julie Rowe is more of a profiteer than any sort of prophetess. Given her books have been a best sellers in mormonism on amazon.com for some time: http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Book ... ooks/12430" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Julie Rowe fans will argue that she doesn't make a lot off book sales but (1) that really depends on the arrangement she has with her publisher and (2) she most likely has sold a lot of books (see above). She is also making money by charging $25 per person to ease her readers' fears in a "group energy healing session" conference call:

Now, if I had the same visions that Julie had and was told to get the word out I would write it up and create a nice PDF file and use the internet to get the word out. I have heard the argument that she doesn't want her words changed (i.e. the lost 116 pages argument). In this modern age of computers there are ways to protect against document modification or at least detect when a document has been modified (e.g. digital signature of the document). She could even publish it on a website under her control. Therefore, I don't buy that argument as well.

In short, the fact she has most likely paid off her student loans by publishing these books and charging people to listen to her conference calls doesn't create a strong argument for her claims. I don't think Samuel the Lamanite made a lot of money putting his neck out to deliver the Lord's message. Julie, on the hand, most likely has made some good money and didn't have a bunch of angry people chasing after her in the process of doing it.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

SmallFarm wrote:I've not read her books. I'll say that the arguments of those who support her are full of love and charity and the arguments of those who don't are full of judgement and unbelief so it leads me to be biased in her favor. Of course this is speaking in generalities and is my uninformed opinion FWIW
Haha!!! Hilarious

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

MrNasty wrote:
SmallFarm wrote:I've not read her books. I'll say that the arguments of those who support her are full of love and charity and the arguments of those who don't are full of judgement and unbelief so it leads me to be biased in her favor. Of course this is speaking in generalities and is my uninformed opinion FWIW
Haha!!! Hilarious
I figured an unbiased opinion would be valued not mocked.... 8-|

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

SmallFarm wrote:
MrNasty wrote:
Haha!!! Hilarious
I figured an unbiased opinion would be valued not mocked.... 8-|
You actually said in your post that you are biased in her favor so how is your post unbiased?

jessie08
captain of 50

Post by jessie08 »

I believe she believes it...or did at one point. I believe she is listening to the wrong spirits as are many even though they do not understand. I am grateful for this because I have learned huge lessons in how God talks to his people and the ways in which we learn and listen. I was raised on the simplistic idea that it is....just a feeling or I felt good. Listening to the spirit is so much more than that and takes a lot of work to get answers to big questions like these. More than "It felt right". I am still.learning and trying but this one I see clearly. Always remember the other side knows what is coming too. The prophecy of future events is not just of God. It is the way he prepares us and wants us to ask him individually. Not to go find the person with the most exciting info.

zionminded
captain of 1,000

Post by zionminded »

Many who don't believe her also don't believe the LDS church is divinely led.

Personally I voted yes, but I also know she will describe her experiences through her own bias and interpretation.

Emmanuel
captain of 100

Post by Emmanuel »

Is this book also available on-line for mankind to view it freely without association to Mammon, as LDS has it gospel on-line also for any to view even Christians have the bible on-line for any to view without Mammon being involved.

zionminded
captain of 1,000

Post by zionminded »

Emmanuel wrote:Is this book also available on-line for mankind to view it freely without association to Mammon, as LDS has it gospel on-line also for any to view even Christians have the bible on-line for any to view without Mammon being involved.
No, but neither are these books:
http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-S.-Monson/e/B001K8D7IS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But her book isn't scripture either.

Emmanuel
captain of 100

Post by Emmanuel »

zionminded wrote:
Emmanuel wrote:Is this book also available on-line for mankind to view it freely without association to Mammon, as LDS has it gospel on-line also for any to view even Christians have the bible on-line for any to view without Mammon being involved.
http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-S.-Monson/e/B001K8D7IS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One aligned with Holy Spirit would make it available freely, just as the Sun giveth light to the plants of world that they may live so should those who seek to aid others by sharing testimony and revelations do so freely. Let those who seek the book have the copy for fair price, but let it also be available in other means for those who can not pay.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Emmanuel wrote:
zionminded wrote:

One aligned with Holy Spirit would make it available freely, just as the Sun giveth light to the plants of world that they may live so should those who seek to aid others by sharing testimony and revelations do so freely. Let those who seek the book have the copy for fair price, but let it also be available in other means for those who can not pay.
I agree that if the material is given to someone freely from God, and it is meant as a warning to save peoples' lives, the life-saving information should not be withheld from someone just because they lack the funds to pay for it. Our library in Salt Lake County carries her books. It just took a long time to get to borrow them when they first came out because there was such a long waiting list.

Emmanuel
captain of 100

Post by Emmanuel »

Matchmaker wrote:
Emmanuel wrote:
zionminded wrote:

I agree that if the material is given to someone freely from God, and it is meant as a warning to save peoples' lives, the life-saving information should not be withheld from someone just because they lack the funds to pay for it. Our library in Salt Lake County carries her books. It just took a long time to get to borrow them when they first came out because there was such a long waiting list.
Indeed, on the topic of NDE the adversary has power over mankind to implant false memory's this has occurred to some throughout time. This includes those claiming contact by Extraterrestrials in most cases. However a confirmed NDE that I have had confirmed in Spirit is the one from a man called Howard Storm, what he saw is closest to the truth of what will happen for most people. Not all was aloud for him to remember but for most part his account of the underworld crossing is correct. Be aware the adversary knows things about the future himself and at times can reveal things with purpose of deceptions, a person can not be measured on predictions alone. Even if some of what people predict does come true it does not mean they knew it would, many have for long time predicted a world war even those with no association to religions this does not mean it is by the spirit of revelation. There will I can confirm be a world war in the future and it will be kept short for a reason, interrupted by a unexpected event. Saying this, this does not mean Howard storm is not without error at times himself being a man in fallen flesh error is unavoidable. It is his account of the darkness that was the truth in what he spoken for indeed their is such entity's which desire noting but to feed on fear and suffering of others, I have seen such things for myself. If the church he choose brought him closer to God then that is good for him, but I would say unto him to become part of the LDS and perhaps in future he will. The most correct church is the LDS church this I have had confirmed myself but this does not mean other churches do not contain their own degrees of truth and are not aided by God also. As it was once said to my disciples if they are not against us they are for us, I see nothing wrong with those who seek to teach the gospel as understood by new testament properly.

Ted
captain of 10

Post by Ted »

zionminded wrote:

The kindle editions of President Dieter Uchtdorf's books are free. For example:

http://www.amazon.com/Forget-Me-Not-Die ... 1609071190" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.amazon.com/Remarkable-Soul-W ... 1606412442" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.amazon.com/Your-Happily-Afte ... 1606416529" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yet another reason to love President Uchtdorf!

Also, I don't recall President Uchtdorf claiming that God telling him he needed to get his message out and to write these books. Julie Rowe, IIRC, makes that claim.

Finally, assuming that Julie Rowe's vision came from God wouldn't that make her message scripture (at least to her)?

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

One aligned with Holy Spirit would make it available freely, just as the Sun giveth light to the plants of world that they may live so should those who seek to aid others by sharing testimony and revelations do so freely. Let those who seek the book have the copy for fair price, but let it also be available in other means for those who can not pay.[/quote]

I agree that if the material is given to someone freely from God, and it is meant as a warning to save peoples' lives, the life-saving information should not be withheld from someone just because they lack the funds to pay for it. Our library in Salt Lake County carries her books. It just took a long time to get to borrow them when they first came out because there was such a long waiting list.[/quote]

Indeed, on the topic of NDE the adversary has power over mankind to implant false memory's this has occurred to some throughout time. This includes those claiming contact by Extraterrestrials in most cases. However a confirmed NDE that I have had confirmed in Spirit is the one from a man called Howard Storm, what he saw is closest to the truth of what will happen for most people. Not all was aloud for him to remember but for most part his account of the underworld crossing is correct. Be aware the adversary knows things about the future himself and at times can reveal things with purpose of deceptions, a person can not be measured on predictions alone. Even if some of what people predict does come true it does not mean they knew it would, many have for long time predicted a world war even those with no association to religions this does not mean it is by the spirit of revelation. There will I can confirm be a world war in the future and it will be kept short for a reason, interrupted by a unexpected event. Saying this, this does not mean Howard storm is not without error at times himself being a man in fallen flesh error is unavoidable. It is his account of the darkness that was the truth in what he spoken for indeed their is such entity's which desire noting but to feed on fear and suffering of others, I have seen such things for myself. If the church he choose brought him closer to God then that is good for him, but I would say unto him to become part of the LDS and perhaps in future he will. The most correct church is the LDS church this I have had confirmed myself but this does not mean other churches do not contain their own degrees of truth and are not aided by God also. As it was once said to my disciples if they are not against us they are for us, I see nothing wrong with those who seek to teach the gospel as understood by new testament properly.[/quote]

Spencer's NDEs in the book, "Visions of Glory," by John Pontius, are written in extensive detail. He writes about the destruction of much of Utah by earthquakes, the invasion of the USA by foreign occupiers disguised as men here to help after the earthquake, and subsequent plagues. He also goes into detail about his relationship with Christ as one of the 144,000 translated High Priests, whose duty it is to bring the righteous to Zion through dangerous territory. It's a good read. Many on the forum have read it.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Matchmaker wrote: It's a good read. Many on the forum have read it.
.... and dismissed it.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Robin Hood wrote:
Matchmaker wrote: It's a good read. Many on the forum have read it.
.... and dismissed it.

Not as many as have dismissed Julie's books!

Army Of Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Army Of Truth »

Matchmaker wrote:
Emmanuel wrote:
zionminded wrote:

I disagree. Her book contains "life saving" information for Julie, only. It is not for the church and not for anyone else. If you don't want to read them, you are free to NOT buy them. Why are President Monson's books, President Hinckley's books, Pres Benson's, Elder Maxwell's, etc, all being sold in stores for profit and being "withheld" from us? Why aren't they online for free for all to read? :ymsmug: Look them up on Amazon:

:-? :-? :-?