Friends, I’ve been learning a lot that I would like to share at this time and I feel to thank the Lord for this growth. The following represents my studied opinion, not “LDS doctrine”.
1. The Book of Mormon is true. Of course, I knew that before, but lately the words of Nephi, Mormon and Moroni are opening to me as never before as the future that they saw unfolds before us. Helaman 6-11, the Gadiantons’ methods and how they seized control of the government (Hel 6:38). How they sought for money, power (Hel 7) – what part of “gadianton robber” don’t we understand as these guys steal (bail-outs, etc) from us today? I’ve been recommending that you get your savings OUT of places where it will become “slippery” as the Book says…
the Nephites did build [the Gadiantons/secret combination] up and support them, beginning at the more wicked part of them, until they had overspread all the land of the Nephites, and had seduced the more part of the righteous until they had come down to believe in their works and partake of their spoils, and to join with them in their secret murders and combinations.
39 And thus they did obtain the sole management of the government, insomuch that they did trample under their feet and smite and rend and turn their backs upon the apoor and the meek, and the humble followers of God.
40 And thus we see that they were in an awful state, and aripening for an everlasting destruction.
Nephi tried to get the people to open their eyes to these facts, that the Gadiantons had seized power in the government; but most would not see it. (Until much later... when the great famine hit, Helaman 11).
2. Now, the people in 3 Nephi only defeated the gads by stopping feeding them. Why do we not resist their NWO plans by doing this reverse-siege today? Are we so blind? I am trying to live on a minimum, to simplify my life-style, to be more and more independent of the gads, to stop supporting the gadianton system. Will you consider how you can stop feeding the gads? This simplifying of lifestyle (recall Elder Perry’s last Gen Conf talk) could lead to a peaceful revolution and return to true values… join in, please = Stop feeding the Gadiantons. Ether 8 warns us of a wo pronounced on those who “build up” the secret combination also… Please think about this and join this quiet revolution. 3Nephi 3, 4.
3. The Book of Revelation is unfolding to view also, is it not? Can’t you recognize now the whore Babylon which covers the earth, deceives the people, does anything for money? Worshipped by seven prominent nations? Yes, these are the gadiantons, the money-controllers, the power-mongerers. The “environmentalist” king who says to not hurt the trees nor any “green thing” must soon arise and “sting” the people (Revelation 9).
4. The whore Babylon is blatantly seeking, I believe, a new world order (with the whore Babylon in charge of course) which we must not support nor take the mark upon us (it will become clearer what this mark is). Difficult times, as the whore who rides the beast stops feeding the beast (this is happening now IMO with the deliberate reduction in oil prices) and then the beast will turn and fight the whore Babylon (Rev 17, 18 especially). It is not going to be pretty, this war in which the great city of Babylon will be burned, destroyed “in one hour” John warns repeatedly. (Rev 17, 18 especially).
5. And who is the scarlet beast? Let’s read:
Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters: 2: With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication. 3: So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4: And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: 5: And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. 6: And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. 7: And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns. 8: The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. 9: And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. 10: And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. 11: And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. 12: And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. 13: These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
I agree with Bro. Farley Anderson that the beast on which the whore sits is the “reds,” in particular the nation that was thought demolished but was not in reality (Russia): behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
What other nation fits that description? Note also that G7 nations meet often but Russia joins as the eight to make G8 once a year “vs 11, And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven” fits perfectly. Ten nations will soon join Russia and give their strength to the beast as it turns against the whore Babylon... not far off IMO.
6. How can the great city of the whore Babylon be destroyed “in one hour”?
Revelation 18: 3: For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. 4: And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. 5: For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities. 6: Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double. 7: How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow. 8: Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her. 9: And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning, 10: Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come. 11: And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more: 12: The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble, 13: And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men. 14: And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all. 15: The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing, 16: And saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls! 17: For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off, 18: And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city! 19: And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.
8. Some have thought this destruction applies to the ancient Roman empire. But the Lord is clear in D&C 29, that the whore must yet be cast down by devouring fire -- yet future:
21 And the great and abominable church, which is the whore of all the earth, shall be cast down by devouring fire,… which [events] have not come to pass but surely must, as I live,
9. What causes the great “smoke of her burning” that The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment,?
What causes the merchants to stand afar off and not come near? Total destruction in “one hour”? Inflicted on the whore Babylon by the beast which has turned on her? It can only be nuclear, IMO, destroying the great city such that the waters will probably cover Manhattan.
10. In the Book of Mormon, this is 3 Nephi 8, 9 – with great earthquakes and pestilence also. I am saddened that many who live on the earthquake-zones such as San Diego –to- San Francisco AND the Wasatch front zones, will not heed the warnings about great earthquake potentials.
11. Then comes the great gathering in Adam-ondi-Ahman, in Missouri. Again, I find that many saints will not think of going near there any time soon, presuming that the whole of Missouri (not just the “western boundaries” Joseph spoke of, i.e. the Kansas City area) will be totally wiped clean. There is an Ensign article on “Missouri myths” that tries to dispel the myth, but no, somehow people are persuaded to stay clean away from Missouri and sit placidly on the Wasatch front earthquake zone! “On my house shall it begin!”
12. Really? Yes:
D&C 112. 23 Verily, verily, I say unto you, adarkness covereth the earth, and gross darkness the minds of the people, and all flesh has become bcorrupt before my face.
24 Behold, avengeance cometh speedily upon the inhabitants of the earth, a day of wrath, a day of burning, a day of bdesolation, of cweeping, of mourning, and of lamentation; and as a whirlwind it shall come upon all the face of the earth, saith the Lord.
25 And upon my ahouse shall it bbegin, and from my house shall it go forth, saith the Lord;
13. Then the glorious New Jerusalem will be built., spoken of in the Book of Mormon, the Book of Revelation and especially in the D&C. What a glorious city! And of course, it will be built in Missouri. Somehow people seem reluctant to talk about the New Jerusalem, I cannot fathom the reluctance to think of these things which are upon us, which the Lord has instructed us about, pleading with us to PREPARE.
In conclusion (for today anyway) -- pls read these words of the Lord from D&C 45:
47 Then shall the arm of the Lord fall upon the nations.
48 And then shall the Lord set his foot upon this amount, and it shall cleave in twain, and the earth shall btremble, and reel to and fro, and the cheavens also dshall shake.
49 And the Lord shall utter his voice, and all the ends of the earth shall hear it; and the nations of the earth shall amourn, and they that have blaughed shall see their cfolly.
50 And calamity shall cover the amocker, and the scorner shall be consumed; and they that have watched for iniquity shall be hewn down and bcast into the cfire.
51 And then shall the aJews blook upon me and say: What are these cwounds in thine hands and in thy feet?
52 Then shall they know that I am the Lord; for I will say unto them: These wounds are the wounds with which I was awounded in the house of my friends. I am he who was lifted up. I am Jesus that was bcrucified. I am the cSon of God.
53 And then shall they aweep because of their iniquities; then shall they blament because they cpersecuted their dking.
54 And then shall the aheathen nations be bredeemed, and they that cknew no dlaw shall have part in the efirst fresurrection; and it shall be gtolerable for them.
55 And aSatan shall be bbound, that he shall have no place in the hearts of the children of men.
56 And at that day, when I shall come in my aglory, shall the parable be fulfilled which I spake concerning the ten bvirgins.
57 For they that are wise and have received the atruth, and have taken the Holy Spirit for their bguide, and have not been deceived—verily I say unto you, they shall not be hewn down and cast into the cfire, but shall abide the day.
58 And the aearth shall be given unto them for an binheritance; and they shall cmultiply and wax strong, and their dchildren shall egrow up without fsin unto gsalvation.
59 For the Lord shall be in their amidst, and his bglory shall be upon them, and he will be their cking and their dlawgiver.
60 And now, behold, I say unto you, it shall not be given unto you to know any further concerning this chapter, until the aNew bTestament be translated, and in it all these things shall be made known;
61 Wherefore I give unto you that ye may now translate it, that ye may be prepared for the things to come.
62 For verily I say unto you, that great things await you;
63 Ye hear of awars in foreign lands; but, behold, I say unto you, they are nigh, even at your bdoors, and not many years hence ye shall hear of wars in your own lands.
64 Wherefore I, the Lord, have said, gather ye out from the aeastern lands, assemble ye yourselves together ye elders of my church; go ye forth into the western countries, call upon the inhabitants to repent, and inasmuch as they do repent, build up churches unto me.
65 And with one heart and with one mind, gather up your riches that ye may apurchase an inheritance which shall hereafter be appointed unto you.
66 And it shall be called the aNew Jerusalem, a bland of cpeace, a city of drefuge, a place of esafety for the saints of the Most High God;
67 And the aglory of the Lord shall be there, and the bterror of the Lord also shall be there, insomuch that the wicked will not come unto it, and it shall be called Zion.
68 And it shall come to pass among the wicked, that every man that will not take his sword against his aneighbor must needs flee unto bZion for safety.
69 And there shall be agathered unto it out of every bnation under heaven; and it shall be the only people that shall not be at cwar one with another.
70 And it shall be said among the wicked: Let us not go up to battle against Zion, for the inhabitants of Zion are aterrible; wherefore we cannot stand.
71 And it shall come to pass that the righteous shall be gathered out from among all nations, and shall come to Zion, singing with asongs of everlasting bjoy.
A lot to look forward to. Please don’t give up as tribulations come, for 3 Nephi 11 (the Lord’s coming) follows soon after 3 Nephi 8; just as Revelation 19-20 (the Lord’s coming) follows soon after Revelation 17-18.
D&C 38:21-33 "I will be your king and watch over you...Hear my voice and follow me, and you shall be a free people, and ye shall have no law but my laws when I come, for I am your lawgiver, and what can stay my hand? ...The enemy in the secret chambers seeketh your lives... Ye know not the hearts of men in your own land...But if ye are prepared ye shall not fear... And that ye might escape the power of the enemy and be gathered unto me a righteous people...I will lead [you] whithersoever I will"
--Dr. Steven E. Jones, 17 Feb 2009