Your home for discussing politics, the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, and the principles of liberty.
1. of, pertaining to, or affecting a population or a community as a whole.
2. done, made, acting, etc., for the community as a whole.
3. open to all persons.
4. of, pertaining to, or being in the service of a community or nation, esp. as a government officer.
5. maintained at the public expense and under public control: a public library; a public road.
6. generally known.
7. familiar to the public; prominent.
8. open to the view of all; existing or conducted in public.
9. pertaining or devoted to the welfare or well-being of the community.
10. of or pertaining to all humankind; universal.
Captain Moroni wrote:jbalm when speach is threatened with possible EXing because you are an apostate, then that stifles free speach.
I don't think anyone was saying that your comments here were grounds for being excommunicated. What we are saying is that it is inappropriate to publicly badmouth the brethren. When we have misunderstandings we take those to the Lord and our church leaders, we should not voice them publicly. The reason for this is primarily that we may lead others astray. There are always struggling members and sometimes the critical voice of another member is the straw that breaks the camel's back. It is not appropriate, and yes, many people have been disciplined for doing so. It isn't a violation of free speech. You may say what you like, but not free from consequence.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest