George Albert Smith Prophecy to be fulfilled 2016?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

Does the George Albert Smith Prophecy get fulfilled in 2016?

Yes, I believe it will
33%
Yes, the spirit has confirmed this to me
4%
No, it is a Mormon myth/unsubstantiated prophecy
10%
No, I don't believe so (spirit has not cobfirmed such)
5%
Maybe
49%

Total votes: 83
LDSguy
captain of 100

Re: George Albert Smith Prophecy to be fulfilled 2016?

Post by LDSguy »

brianne541 wrote:
tuktuk21 wrote:I seriously do not see how this can hold together for over 3 years, it seems more likely that x factor may result in an early election. I think that the winter of 2016 would be the furthest possible time frame. As time goes on though I am coming to doubt the authenticity, simply because making it to 2016 seems so far fetched to me.

I agree. I think things will start to fall apart next year. BUT we also have to remember that it all depends on the agency of man, and if man can change his heart, then it can change the future. As of right now, though, things aren't looking like they will be getting any better anytime soon.
you'd think so, but as I look back at old posts in this and other forums everybody always thinks it's as bad as it can get and near the end collapse. All posts seem to have always say something like "it's gotta happen in the next year or so", "my guess is next year", but things don't happen that fast for some reason. bears me why life keeps going on and society keeps getting worse far beyond what we thought was possible in 1999 as we were staring down Y2K or in 2008 as we were looking at an economic crisis. yet here we are still saying "I think things will start to fall apart next year..." man's agency definitely delays the inevitable. most of that agency is in government officials I think, those who pass the laws and have the power to oppress.

personally I have full faith in the GAS prophecy. maybe it wasn't recorded years later exactly as it was spoken but like 'twas mentioned, tons of this has proven to be accurate so far. When you hear of the missionaries being called home you'd better hope to be in a "city of light" and living right!!

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

Now Today's story. China Unveils Nuclear Submarines That Could Reportedly Reach U.S.

LDSguy
captain of 100

Post by LDSguy »

OCDMOM wrote:Now Today's story. China Unveils Nuclear Submarines That Could Reportedly Reach U.S.
Don't worry, the federal government will take care of you. They have your best interest at heart. =))

Hippophibia
captain of 50

Post by Hippophibia »

What can I say the GAS prophecy did not say 2016 but it is a good date! Some visions people have had refer to the twin towers as being the start of the tribulations!!

The 'Hastening' wave will break mid next year and we will be back to 'normal' levels of missionaries (there is just a double up due to drop in age restriction, but can only last one year!). One hopes and feels that we have more time- I voted - Yes, I believe it will.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Hippophibia wrote:What can I say the GAS prophecy did not say 2016 but it is a good date! Some visions people have had refer to the twin towers as being the start of the tribulations!!

The 'Hastening' wave will break mid next year and we will be back to 'normal' levels of missionaries (there is just a double up due to drop in age restriction, but can only last one year!). One hopes and feels that we have more time- I voted - Yes, I believe it will.
That is unless something else happens (for instance, married men being called on missions like back when the Church was organized).

Hippophibia
captain of 50

Post by Hippophibia »

The wave is a bit more than doubling the number of missionaris in the field -it is the focus on rescue and the new youth program focused on missonary work etc. A member of an area presidency said something like the Lord wants to send down children for the last days so we need ot go out and baptise people so that they can bring the spirits down in preparation for the last days - I had problems understanding what he was on about.

But you are right we don't know the mine and will of God - any thing can happen - we have a little time.

Gyrlgeek
captain of 100

Post by Gyrlgeek »

I can see things like the economy staying the same (being propped up) or slowly getting worse until the 2014 elections. Based on the outcome of the election, I think either things won't change as much as people want to and it starts to go down hill or it changes really fast (e.g. super majority) as they try to enact new legislation and it all crashes. Either way, I kind of see the elections as being the fuse. Whether it is short or long depends on who wins. :|

Hippophibia
captain of 50

Post by Hippophibia »

There is:
48% so far thiking it is a posibility
35% agreeing with the prophecy
17% not agreeing.

Perhaps current world events are causing jitters and indicate the substance of the prophecy can easly happen, things are deteriorating quickly.

TheLion
captain of 100

Post by TheLion »

There are a lot of prophecies and other events suggesting that 2015 and 2016 could be really interesting years. I have never quite seen a convergence of multiple faiths prophesies, astronomical events and other things come into alignment like the aforementioned years. I voted maybe as I am hoping that it's all mere coincidence but also feel like something is going to happen in this timeframe. What I don't know, but I hope it's ultimately for the better as the where we (the world and our country) are headed now doesn't appear to be great except for those that are into self indulgence.

The problem with self indulgence on a societal scale is that formerly taboo stuff becomes accepted new boundaries are then pushed. The more they are pushed the more wicked people become and the more wicked people become the more the adversary grows in strength. I'm not sure we are anywhere close to Biblical events, but there certainly seems to be a hint of them in the air.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

Elder Holland, quoting David Brooks, a NY Times columnist, said that this is the age of possibility. Meaning, people are thinking that if it is possible to do something that previously was called taboo, you do it. And criticise those calling for restraint saying that they are interfering in their way of life.

If what I understand is correct, there have been multiple BYUH students that have been told to seek their sealing elsewhere after what is currently happening in Hawaii over SSM. Supposedly there is a provision in the law that would require those that are licensed to marry in Hawaii law recognize gay marriages.

If that is the case, the Wilford Woodruff vision is going to be fulfilled precisely over SSM.

LDSguy
captain of 100

Post by LDSguy »

samizdat wrote:If that is the case, the Wilford Woodruff vision is going to be fulfilled precisely over SSM.
which part of that vision relates to SSM? and I think you mean John Taylor's vision errantly attributed to Wilford Woodruff, because he recorded it in his journal but he was never a student of French, only Taylor was at the time.
Last edited by LDSguy on March 8th, 2014, 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

LDSguy wrote:
samizdat wrote:If that is the case, the Wilford Woodruff vision is going to be fulfilled precisely over SSM.
which part of that vision relates to SSM? and I think you mean John Taylor's vision errantlynatteibited to Wilford Woodruff, because he recorded it in his journal but he was never a student of French, only Taylor was at the time.
Heavenly Father, when Thy people shall not have the opportunity of entering this holy house to offer their supplications unto Thee, and they are oppressed and in trouble, surrounded by difficulties or assailed by temptation and shall turn their faces towards this Thy holy house and ask Thee for deliverance, for help, for Thy power to be extended in their behalf, we beseech Thee, to look down from Thy holy habitation in mercy and tender compassion upon them, and listen to their cries. Or when the children of Thy people, in years to come, shall be separated, through any cause, from this place, and their hearts shall turn in remembrance of Thy promises to this holy Temple, and they shall cry unto Thee from the depths of their affliction and sorrow to extend relief and deliverance to them, we humbly entreat Thee to Turn Thine ear in mercy to them; hearken to their cries, and grant unto them the blessings for which they ask.

SOURCE SALT LAKE CITY DEDICATORY PRAYER, THIRD PARAGRAPH FROM THE BOTTOM. http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/saltlake/prayer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sam_I_Am
captain of 10

Post by Sam_I_Am »

samizdat wrote: If what I understand is correct, there have been multiple BYUH students that have been told to seek their sealing elsewhere after what is currently happening in Hawaii over SSM. Supposedly there is a provision in the law that would require those that are licensed to marry in Hawaii law recognize gay marriages.

If that is the case, the Wilford Woodruff vision is going to be fulfilled precisely over SSM.
For now, the Hawaii law specifically allows religious organizations to be exempt from performing SSM, but I do agree that this issue will likely be the cause for the fulfillment of that prophecy. However, I suspect that it will come from the Federal Government though.

You can read the exemptions here in the two laws. Both start around page 4 or 5.
http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/session20 ... B1109_.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/session20 ... B1369_.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Strelnikoff
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Strelnikoff »

I do believe the Prophecy will come to pass, as all prophecy does. I do believe they will indeed come for us one day. The hatred is there. We can see it in places like Face Book, and it is only a matter of time before they take "Direct Action" on all of those they perceive to be a stumbling block to their ambitions and ruling dreams. Consider the "Wal-Mart" incidents or the outbreaks of "Flash Mob" violence. What excellent weapons to use on non-compliant, resistant portions of the population. Totally possible, and all deniable. Many of us do not live in safe places, where we do not have the luxury of numerous church members and a supporting large organization. If and when the fall comes, some places will go genteelly as people band together for the good of the community, and cope with the lack of various things, but will not descend into barbarity. Many of us will be thrust into the storm far from safety, friends or the church. We will have to do the best we can. Do not think we will go into the night quietly, we will fight for our lives and those of our families and friends. I believe we will be judged accordingly, even if the outcome is our certain end. We are a marked people, and we should get used to it.

heartsongs
captain of 100

Post by heartsongs »

friendsofthe wrote:I believe that we will experience WWIII at the end of the 42 months persecution that Daniel and John speak of. Because I don’t believe that we are presently in the 42 months I think 2016 is a bit early. However, I defiantly feel that we could be entering the 42 months by the fall of 2016. That would mean that we would see WWIII in the spring of 2020. The Second Coming will follow closely behind this great war.
Friendsofthe.... Do you still feel the same way now as you stated in the post above from back in Oct. 2013? The more we see going on around us, the more truthfulness we can begin to see in the GAS prophecy. Things are moving way fast and I feel a swiftness and a shift in the air. And now with the thing (whatever it was called) that the church placed in the court to defend traditional marriage, which of course they have to in my book, it is only a matter of time before the persecution begins, not if...but when. There is a squeeze coming, and the top is soon about to pop off. I hope we are prepared.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

I am with you there heartsongs. AMICUS CURIAE. Also known as friend of the court. There is an increasing polarization. Cuomo wants all conservatives out of his state. His words not mine.

believer
captain of 1,000

Post by believer »

Seekinghislight asked: Where can I find his prophecy?

It is here: http://moralagency.blogspot.com/2010/09 ... ar-in.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mormon
captain of 100

Post by Mormon »

Which prophecy are we are talking about?

Mormon
captain of 100

Post by Mormon »

believer wrote:Seekinghislight asked: Where can I find his prophecy?

It is here: http://moralagency.blogspot.com/2010/09 ... ar-in.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thanks for shareing what prophecy it is

believer
captain of 1,000

Post by believer »

You are welcome.

Kmart201
captain of 50

Post by Kmart201 »

I think that the holy ghost is the best guide through this crazy time. As with every other portion of my life, things have never turned out how i planned or thought they would. I think the same will be for these last days. We all know the general layout of the last days before christs return but none of us know how each of our own stories will play out.
Lately i have had several people, most of whom do not avidly reseach end times prophecy, tell me that they have started feeling deep inside that something is about to happen. To prepare. I have also been feelinf that as of late. I have also been feeling that my spiritual preparations are going to be more important than my physical ones.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

Look at this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... hours.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If this isn't a fulfillment of this vision, I don't know what is...

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

friendsofthe wrote:
I believe that we will experience WWIII at the end of the 42 months persecution that Daniel and John speak of. Because I don’t believe that we are presently in the 42 months I think 2016 is a bit early. However, I defiantly feel that we could be entering the 42 months by the fall of 2016. That would mean that we would see WWIII in the spring of 2020. The Second Coming will follow closely behind this great war.
Heartsongs wrote:
Friendsofthe.... Do you still feel the same way now as you stated in the post above from back in Oct. 2013? The more we see going on around us, the more truthfulness we can begin to see in the GAS prophecy. Things are moving way fast and I feel a swiftness and a shift in the air. And now with the thing (whatever it was called) that the church placed in the court to defend traditional marriage, which of course they have to in my book, it is only a matter of time before the persecution begins, not if...but when. There is a squeeze coming, and the top is soon about to pop off. I hope we are prepared.
Yes heartsongs, I think that our president will go on to fulfill Daniel and John’s prophecy of the 42 months. As it says in Daniel 7:25:
“And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.”
These events are to take place in America, is it not America where Daniel saw the “stone cut out of the mountain without hands”? Is it not in America where the “Ancient of days” is to come? Does our president not “think to change times and laws” or to undermine the constitution upon which our laws are based?

If my thinking is correct, then it’s hard to see how we can go past the fall of 2016 before we enter into the 42 months. I suspect that some major event like the collapse of the dollar will put the nation into a tailspin, so much so that the anger of the people will overflow and anarchy will raise it’s head. This will give the government just the excuse they need to declare martial law or something very similar. I suppose that the people will actually be asking for the government to step in. Thus begins the presidents third term and the opening of the 42 months.

With martial law I suppose that they will forcefully take our guns and we will effectively be in bondage. Without our second amendment rights we will certainly not have our first amendment rights either.

As bleak as this all sounds, it’s actually all good if you are able to remain faithful and endure in patience until the end of the 42 months. If you do so, your will qualify to be among the five virgins with oil in their lamps.

At the end of the 42 months, which will end in the spring of the year, WWIII will occur or as Daniel says “I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.” (Verse 11) Orson Pratt tells us that this burning includes America. (See “A Year With No Rainbow” at http://www.ayearwithnorainbow.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it’s a free pdf.)

As I said above, this all sounds quite bleak but not so because the burning of the beast is also the deliverance of the saints from bondage. Once delivered we shall return to Jackson County where all who are worthy will be gathered when the Bridegroom comes. In D&C 103 we read:
15 Behold, I say unto you, the redemption of Zion must needs come by power;
16 Therefore, I will raise up unto my people a man, who shall lead them like as Moses led the children of Israel.
17 For ye are the children of Israel, and of the seed of Abraham, and ye must needs be led out of bondage by power, and with a stretched-out arm.
18 And as your fathers were led at the first, even so shall the redemption of Zion be.
19 Therefore, let not your hearts faint, for I say not unto you as I said unto your fathers: Mine angel shall go up before you, but not my presence.
20 But I say unto you: Mine angels shall go up before you, and also my presence, and in time ye shall possess the goodly land.
In the passage above we are told “ye must needs be led out of bondage by power, and with a stretched-out arm.” The Lord also says “And as your fathers were led at the first, even so shall the redemption of Zion be.” So the Lord is comparing our deliverance to that of the children of Israel being let out of Egypt, through the Red Sea and eventually to their promised land, except that the Lord will not just send his angels to lead us back but he says “also my presence”.

With our deliverance and the Lords “power” and “presence” being manifest I think we can expect that the Lord will pull out all the stops in order to preserve the elect. Sure we have to do our part, especially we need to be worthy but if manna is needed in order feed his people, manna it shall be.

This destruction of the wicked and deliverance of the saints being in the spring will allow for the Lord’s “army with banners” to have the summer months to accomplish the trek back in time for the coming of the Bridegroom at Adam-Ondi-Ahman later in the year.

Here you have a little bit of a peak into “The Bridegroom Cometh”. Hope this helps.

LDSguy
captain of 100

Post by LDSguy »

Even if America tries to write laws, Obammy still has power and is willing to protect his new found M.O. to "rewrite the laws"

http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-thr ... le/2545545" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

America, I weep for you.
Last edited by LDSguy on March 13th, 2014, 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.