Max Skousen's blog

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Max Skousen's blog

Post by marc »

There's a thread floating around here somewhere where we can add links to worthwhile blogs, but I couldn't find it. Anyway, this is worth bookmarking and reading at your leisure!

http://maxskousen.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am looking forward to reading the first four books, three of which are now available for free. I'm looking forward to reading them all. So many books, so little time!!

#:-s :)

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: Max Skousen's blog

Post by marc »

From the preface of the first book, "Looking Beyond the Mark."
In 1986, when President Benson spoke at his first conference as president of the Church, he announced a revelation he had received from the Lord calling the Church and all the children of Zion out from under the Lord’s “condemnation, scourge and judgment” by allowing the sacred pages of the Book of Mormon to become the center of our spiritual lives. He promised that each child of Zion who did so would “receive a blessing hitherto unknown.” (Ensign, May 1986, p. 78)
I know I'm already going to enjoy this.

katmr
captain of 100

Re: Max Skousen's blog

Post by katmr »

I have read Max's first book Looking Beyond the Mark and am about 1/2 through his second book. I have loved what he has written so far. It really opened up my mind and the scriptures in a lot of ways. I do not agree with every single thing he writes there have been just a few little things that I have discerned but it is important to discern and study all these things for ourselves. I do love so much of what he has written though and consider it a blessing to my learning. :)