2012, Big changes or just another year?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

How are you all feeling about the coming year? Will we see catastrophic change or will it just be like any other year? I vote for HUGE changes. What say you?

Samuel the Lamanite
captain of 1,000

Re: 2012, Big changes or just another year?

Post by Samuel the Lamanite »

I say historic changes that will NOT be reversed until Christ's 2nd Coming.

Tetraman
captain of 100

Post by Tetraman »

I think that the fundamental changes have already occurred . We will never go back to the prosperity we once knew until physical Zion has been established. I believe we are now about to witness a tsunami of consequences to roll in. As to if it will all happen in 2012 or take several more years I can't say, but 2012 will be a big year for most of the world. Life,however, will still go on and I think we will get through this one. We'll have fewer liberties and might even by on a global currency by then, but the end is not yet. Of course I'm sill going to prepare as much as I can for the worst.

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

I guess I am a flip flopper, I am not as worried about 2012 as I once was. It is an election year and all kinds of economic miracles will happen to keep the status quo going.

Nan
captain of 1,000

Post by Nan »

I am betting I still won't lose those pesky 10 lbs that I wish I would lose.

I am interested to see what kind of weird stuff happens with the weather.
I think the election is going to be awful. I see more hate and more anger coming.

Samuel the Lamanite
captain of 1,000

Post by Samuel the Lamanite »

Nan: Just 10 lbs?? I need about 35 lbs. It's not getting this off but keeping it off.. that's my and I'm told most dieters biggest problem.

Squally
captain of 1,000

Post by Squally »

Vision wrote:I guess I am a flip flopper, I am not as worried about 2012 as I once was. It is an election year and all kinds of economic miracles will happen to keep the status quo going.
:ymparty:

Simon
captain of 1,000

Post by Simon »

I believe many things will happen, but not because of 2012 .. 2012 is a manmade idea and comes from the new age. We have seen many bad things happen in the past years, such as the twin towers e.t.c... these things will also keep going until Christ will return.. become even worse.. but it will have nothing to do with that date, or year. I have read many books about 2012.. everyone wants to get gain from it, may it be those that claim that aliens will come to earth, that humankind will evolve or any other of those claims... I think the scriptures are clear about what will happen, and when it will happen ... ( no on knows the hour )

We should not forget that satan will first receive total power over earth, and he is the master of deception... I think 2012 has much deceptive elements in it..

Bgood
captain of 1,000

Post by Bgood »

I ordered Daniel Pinchbeck's book on the 2012 cultural phenomenon as a 2+1 freebie on Amazon a couple of years ago but never got around to reading it. Now it feels like if I don't read it in the next couple of weeks it will be a total waste since who wants to read about end-of-the-world predictions after they've been and gone?

firend
captain of 1,000

Post by firend »

It seems that man has sensationalized the whole Mayan thing, but from what I understand the calendar is very real, and does end- start a new age on dec 21. Somewhere I remember reading that as the Mayans predicted their own quick demise from their calendar which happened, so have they predicted our current civilizations end.

Maybe this date is the close and opening of something that will indeed lead to world war and society disaster, yet through the ashes the golden age of Zion will rise as in the Mayan calendar is very true, but certainly not the interpretations about the end of the world in that day.

One man I know who is pretty high up in things has mentioned that scientists have known about this date since the 50's and real science has promoted the building of mass shelters, etc. I do not think dec 21 the lights will go out, but I think it is the ending of our current age and in the next few years that will prove true.

Bgood
captain of 1,000

Post by Bgood »

This is not all that different from the Y2K scare

Cayuga
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Cayuga »

I wonder if the Mayan calendar date has anything to do with an appearance (or discovery) of some yet unknown celestial body. Something along the lines of what some will interpret the "grand sign of the coming of the Son of Man" to be (a planet, or a comet, etc.). It occurs to me that such a thing would cause quite a stir for a number of years among the nations of the world, assuming that the sign itself is visible for that long. Not unlike the effect that the sign of Christ's first coming had on the Nephites and the Lamanites, albeit the actual appearance of the Savior among them was to be many years later. Perhaps the discovery by NASA of what they would call a star, or a planet, or something else entirely making its way toward Earth would bring about some of the occurrences prophesied of in the scriptures with respect to calamities among nations, and widespread fear and disorder. I realize this notion has more to do with the "grand sign" than with the Mayan calendar, but taking the events of the Book of Mormon as a guide to events of our day, I suppose one could make sense of it. And it is possible to go one step further and infer that the date of December 21, 2012 could have something to do with it.
In short, what I am submitting is that it makes sense to me that whatever the "grand sign of the coming of the Son of Man" will be, it will be seen by many, and for some time before His actual arrival. Such a sight could be interpreted to be so many things that it might cause an acceleration of some of the signs foretold that have to do with mankind's interactions with one another (specifically wars come to mind).
With the condition that the world is in right now, it would not take much to unhinge whatever bastion of peace we currently cling to, so the question of timing really becomes quite secondary to that of how, and in what manner these prophesied events are to unfold. The hypothesis stated above is just one of hundreds, if not thousands of possibilities that could occur on any given day. The fact that one day in particular has been singled out by the ancient Maya civilization to be of relative significance simply means that it has just as much chance of being a day of historic significance, or a turning point if you will, as any other day has. But certainly, it has no less chance than any other day either.

I would like to express my thanks to all who respectfully post their thoughts and views on this forum. I feel that it is a good way to increase our understanding not only of the scriptures, but of each other. This, in my opinion, will always be a positive outcome.