How to spot a Narcissist

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
awake
captain of 100

Re: How to spot a Narcissist

Post by awake »

Fiannan wrote:In martial arts one of the first lessons is to let the force your opponent exerts to hurt you to assist you in gaining control. That's a lesson people can apply to much in life.
Could you expand on that idea a little more and explain further how it can be applied to relationships in life. Thanks.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

awake wrote:
Fiannan wrote:In martial arts one of the first lessons is to let the force your opponent exerts to hurt you to assist you in gaining control. That's a lesson people can apply to much in life.
Could you expand on that idea a little more and explain further how it can be applied to relationships in life. Thanks.
Simple, many narcissists and all psychopaths are experts at reading human emotion and with it what the otehr person wants. Take Obama for example, he can go into an area where the economy is devastated by some of his environmental policies and, with a straight face, tell the people he is fighting for them. You see, he knows what they want to hear and so he makes the message fit the occasion. He has no scruples whatsoever then going to a high-class Hollywood fundraiser and bragging about what he is doing to seal off more and more public land to any use by industry.

This is much the same as when a guy gets involved with some animal rights group on campus because 90% of the members are bubble-headed bleach blondes who think the world is like a Disney movie. He may care nothing about saving whatever animal is being discussed at the time but he can try to shed a tear and share about how much he loves little furry creatures. His goal? Well, you know what it is.

So often one must calculate what the other person in any social setting wants and then make your message fit them. It's quite easy -- and some people wind up in political power due to their skills in this area.

Juliette
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliette »

So thats why that guy was on Campus! He had me at " MEOW".

Juliette
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliette »

I never could resist a man with furry animals, unless its a cat, I hate cats!

Rass922
captain of 100

Post by Rass922 »

Juliette wrote:I never could resist a man with furry animals, unless its a cat, I hate cats!

Females are like cats, inherited and cultivated or allowed to atrophy, ability to perceive patterns, integrating them into cohesive harmonious mental models abstractions - the quality of the models determined by the amount of details integrated within them - and their projection, using the imagination, into the unknown, Temporality Time, Possibility Space, so as to preempt future phenomena, prepare for them and/or more efficiently focus energies (Will) upon them.

As such the breadth and depth of the event horizon of a mind, its timelessness or its thinking beyond the immediate cultural and/or social and environmental conditions, determines its intelligence.

In this regard females have proven to be wanting in that they display an ability to integrate within the estalbished and to successfully play the role of supportive element - and this for specific genetic and reproductive reasons - but display a proportional inadequacy to think beyond the immediate or outside the social and cultural box or estalbished beliefs.

Their event horizon is wide but not long. Therefore, they cannot produce anything that revolutionizes human understanding but only offer support for what is already estalbished as a "truth", working within the frameworks she is born within.

She is reluctant to challenge authority or what dominates choosing only to contribute to its completion.

The male psyche, on the other hand, is one of challenge.
This is what produces the scientific and philosophical mind.
Not to bow to reality, evoking some omnipotent authority, but to confront it, know it and overcome it....this is a product of his reproductive role.

His event horizon is less wide but far longer....deeper...more timeless, and so, often, less immediately practical.

The average woman - allowing for variations on the rule and/or exceptions to it - perceives more spatially...more possibilities within her shorter event horizon.
She does not perceive as much depth but more breadth.
Her thinking is superficial but multifarious.

The average man - allowing for variations on the rule and/or exceptions to it - perceives a longer temporal horizon and less possibilities within a less wide view.
He is more focused and more interested in timeless ideas, rather than the immediate ones, because he competes to outmaneuver his competitors by foreseeing what they fail to see at all.......

Juliette
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliette »

MEN ARE FUNNY, starring PF-Mustang! :))

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Post by sbsion »

LOK AT A POLITICIAN :ymdevil: :D

Nan
captain of 1,000

Post by Nan »

Rass, I pity any woman in your life.

Juliette
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliette »

Nan wrote:Rass, I pity any woman in your life.

Rass minus the "R"! ;)

Juliette
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliette »

caddis
captain of 1,000

Post by caddis »

Someone that starts a Topic like this.....

http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopi ... =3&t=23329

Juliette
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliette »

caddis wrote:Someone that starts a Topic like this.....

Tomorrow is my birthday! =))

Come over for cake, I put something special on your piece!

Rass922
captain of 100

Post by Rass922 »

Juliette wrote:

Happy Birthday!

Juliette
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliette »

Rass922 wrote:
Juliette wrote:

Rass minus the "R"! ;)
My R's at Home...........

dgm supergirl.jpg
Ahhahaha! She looks happy? Is she allowed to come out of the kitchen?

Juliette
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliette »

Rass922 wrote:
Juliette wrote:

Happy Birthday!
Thanks! :D

Juliette
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliette »

Rass922 wrote:
Juliette wrote:

Rass minus the "R"! ;)
My R's at Home...........

dgm supergirl.jpg
I hope this pic doesn't get you the boot. You're humor is great!

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Woman of Steel?

Haha -- the last place I ever expected a somewhat topless pic was on LDSFF! :))

That is body paint I assume.

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Post by sbsion »

start at the top, the president, and anyone thinking they can "out due him", then consider who has Charity and who doesn't ;)

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

An honest, and psychopathic, politician:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ5cGYBV2TQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sheilmolson
Hi, I'm new.

Post by sheilmolson »

It is really difficult to spot in the world of population that who is a Narcissist. But some symptoms can indicate that the particular person is a Narcissist. The main symptom of narcissism is that they are egotistical preoccupation with their self. There are extreme narcissists who cuts others and become emotionally isolated.

Rass922
captain of 100

Post by Rass922 »

Fiannan wrote:An honest, and psychopathic, politician:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ5cGYBV2TQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The core problem as I see it, political free-passes (ignored double standards) dont do any group, race, gender, religion, or culture any favors and are actually quite self-destructive. It certainly didn't do the Christians in Carthage and Navoo any good nor their Mormon victims. Free-passes certainly haven't left American females or the worse for wear of the last few decades.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... -ago-.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Modernity has a darkside. Are any of us really that much happier not growing our own food or raising our own animals? Do we really like our cars more then we loved our horses? Artificial constructs political or electronic which remove us from the realities of life rarely leave us happier usually only more confused with lower feeling of self satisfaction.

Indeed there is a double standard and our own irritations aside it hurts them far more then it hurts us. You pointed to some growing side effects. Yes the problem of adult female juveniles is a little worse in Utah then anywhere else I have lived. But, there is also a not small rash of man-childs also. You see them wearing tennis shoes, shorts, and ball caps while shopping for over-sized toys. Looks like all they are missing is the clothesline clip and baseball card for their bike spokes.

Our culture is sick. The world is self-destructing. It is why our inspired Prophets called us out from its ranks. Yes one of things my marriage needed was for my wife to hold herself to similar standards of emotional restraint that she expected me to uphold. She spent alot of years clinging and wanting to stay in the oblivious emotionally untamed world. Eventually she saw all the people around her self-destructing and was willing to hear me out. Patience, reasoning, and following inspiration to know when to cut the line are pretty much mandatory for a happy functional marriage in this sick sick world.

DGM er.jpg
DGM er.jpg (47.35 KiB) Viewed 1186 times

Juliette
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliette »

Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult. ~Charlotte Whitton

Rass922
captain of 100

Post by Rass922 »

Juliette wrote:Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult. ~Charlotte Whitton
A study shows women having more white matter and men more gray matter related to intellectual skill, revealing that no single neuroanatomical structure determines general intelligence and that different types of brain designs are capable of producing equivalent intellectual performance. Yes ,I but my problem with women is that they have forgotten the purpose of their very existence.

They cannot deny their purpose ,look at their brain and body ,it's written all over them REPRODUCTION. :ymapplause:

Here ,their brain:

http://www.livescience.com/health/050120_brain_sex.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6849058/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And we all know their bodies. so how come they deny their purpose . :-\

We are not denying our purpose, it's just them who do that and they are the cause of all the problems. =))

Rass922
captain of 100

Post by Rass922 »

Good book on this subject

Sexual differentiation of the brain By Akira Matsumoto

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=gc2O ... &q&f=false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If the brain works modularly, one might suspect that the portion governing womens' supposed empathy (derived from their natural position as child-bearers and rearers), could in turn make them inherent sociopaths.

All adult men understand that women are primarily interested in a man's ability to care financially and physically for her and her own, at least in the courting stage. Vicariously (if that's the right term for this.. it's early), the collection of instincts related to child rearing are hence also involved in females' developing a naturally materialistic, self-centered, and narcissistic personality which remains even if the woman is without child her entire life.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Rass922 wrote:Good book on this subject

Sexual differentiation of the brain By Akira Matsumoto

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=gc2O ... &q&f=false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If the brain works modularly, one might suspect that the portion governing womens' supposed empathy (derived from their natural position as child-bearers and rearers), could in turn make them inherent sociopaths.

All adult men understand that women are primarily interested in a man's ability to care financially and physically for her and her own, at least in the courting stage. Vicariously (if that's the right term for this.. it's early), the collection of instincts related to child rearing are hence also involved in females' developing a naturally materialistic, self-centered, and narcissistic personality which remains even if the woman is without child her entire life.
Would this explain, at least in part, why divorce is higher in the working classes than it is in the upper middle and upper classes? If a woman in the upper financial brackets divorces it brings down her standard of living while if a working class woman leaves her man she stands to acquire all kinds of government assistance coupled with (usually) child support? Technically a working class woman can actually upgrade her standard of living after a divorce thanks to a generous government system.