Weaponizing Religion: Romans 13

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
moonwhim
captain of 1,000

Weaponizing Religion: Romans 13

Post by moonwhim »

Many Christian pastors and leaders today are erroneously reviving the divine-right-of-kings argument used in the Dark Ages, which created some of the most horrific human affairs in history. They, like the grandfather of Communism, Georg Hegel, argue that government is Divinely sanctioned to do anything it pleases and that God requires people to submit regardless of God's standards of justice. This argument has been used by virtually every tyrant since Jesus' life, including Adolf Hitler.

This false doctrine is doing more to bring America and the rest of the world into slavery than perhaps any other thing. Holders of this doctrine are creating self-fulfilling prophecies of America's destruction--all in the name of Romans chapter 13.

This absurd interpretation of the Bible and Romans chapter 13 has not gone unchallenged: it is Romans 13-The True Meaning of Submission.
http://www.romans13truth.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.infowars.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Blackhawk452
Hi, I'm new.

Re: Weaponizing Religion: Romans 13

Post by Blackhawk452 »

I believe that Romans 13, like the admonition to turn the other cheek is tactical...not a commandment. It is recognizing the power of government...or one who victimizes...and is advice to appear submissive...but not a commandment to empower evil. And I believe that government is inherently evil when it goes beyond "making sure the floors are swept and the waste baskets emptied, to quote Mario Savio. I believe the limits of government ought to end with providing safety through military/police power, making sure public works are maintained, and then it should basically stand back and let society function.
Charity, morality, making a living should be private concerns. Name a better administered society than the LDS Church that is run voluntarily, and leads a People that follow voluntarily. And compare it with the Nanny State that makes us all party to infanticide, class preferences(through Affirmative Action), unjust wars (through making us the muscle for the UN's and our "Allies'" strategic and geopolitical ambitions), and income re-distribution. These fly in the face of Agency and make us agents of evil. Will agents of evil be found less guilty because they did not wish to break the law? They didn't think so at Nuremberg.

Yer Pal, Casey