Wyoming working on doomsday bill---

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Wyoming working on doomsday bill---

Post by bobhenstra »

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/wyoming ... -collapse/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bob

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Wyoming working on doomsday bill---

Post by Col. Flagg »

Bob, you beat me to it - I was just gonna post this story. :ymapplause:

jonesde
captain of 1,000

Post by jonesde »

How silly... reminds me of: "We're from the government, and we're here to help!"

Boston T. Party has done more to help Wyoming and the people in it than any of these yay-hoos ever could.

Just what we all need, government doing long-term food storage. I wonder what percentage of the funds would go into actual food for non-govt folks... and in a disaster what will people have to do to "qualify" for it... and how many people will be required to "administer" the program. Ridiculous!

Also, let's plan a way to replace all of the Federal programs with state ones... since the Federal programs are so popular!

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Liberal media, making lite of Wyoming's plans--

Post by bobhenstra »

Wyoming ‘doomsday’ bill axes aircraft carrier
The Associated Press
Posted : Tuesday Feb 28, 2012 11:14:18 EST
CASPER, Wyo. — Some Wyoming state lawmakers want to study the possibility of creating a state currency to prepare for the possible collapse of the national government.

The so-called “doomsday” bill won initial backing in the state House on Monday after lawmakers dropped a proposal to study whether Wyoming should organize its own army and acquire an aircraft carrier and strike aircraft.

The Casper Star-Tribune reports the bill would set up a task force to study what the state should do in a range of catastrophes, including the possible political or economic collapse of the United States. Another potential disaster to be studied would be a disruption in food and energy supplies.

The proposed study must pass another House vote before it could be sent to the Senate.

jonesde
captain of 1,000

Re: Liberal media, making lite of Wyoming's plans--

Post by jonesde »

bobhenstra wrote: The so-called “doomsday” bill won initial backing in the state House on Monday after lawmakers dropped a proposal to study whether Wyoming should organize its own army and acquire an aircraft carrier and strike aircraft.
I missed this part about an aircraft carrier... what the heck is Wyoming going to do with an aircraft carrier?

Do they think they can attack potential enemies to prevent a nuclear strike, or retaliate after one? Wouldn't that same money be far better used for civil defense programs like the Swiss do? It they did that, it would be great... maybe we'd even have manufacturers of air filters and blast doors closer than Switzerland...

I understand they aren't yet planning on doing this, and are trying to get funding to put together a recommendation if they should do it or not... but to even consider such a thing... it's the same silly path the rest of the US national defense is on. Forget civil defense, and in fact call anyone interested in civil defense a cook, and let's go drop some bombs!

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Wyoming with an aircraft carrier?

Number of oceans in Wyoming: 0. :-\ :ymblushing:

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

It's the liberal media messing with Wyoming, there never was an aircraft carrier nor army. Just civil defense and preparedness!

Bob