Understanding the 1/2 hour of silence

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
durangout
captain of 1,000

Re: Understanding the 1/2 hour of silence

Post by durangout »

NoGreaterLove wrote:
Carlos wrote:
NoGreaterLove wrote:HF is trying to make this as simple as possible.
I like this simple answer of the Lord in response to a simple question re: Rev 8.

DC77:12

Q. What are we to understand by the sounding of the trumpets, mentioned in the 8th chapter of Revelation?
A. ...... the sounding of the trumpets of the seven angels are the preparing and finishing of his work, in the beginning of the seventh thousand years—(in other words)the preparing of the way BEFORE the time of his coming. [DC88 trumps sound AFTER the time of his coming]

This I can understand.
He had already come when JS said this, to a young man in a grove. Then later to the Kirkland temple. He comes suddenly to his temple in NJ, to AOA, to the Mount of Olives, etc.. Yes the trumps sound before he comes to the world, but not before he comes to the saints. If you want to be technical, the first trump does prepare the way for his coming to the saints who are ready to receive him, the second trump prepares the way for his coming to the saints in spirit prison who have repented. The trumps DO sound before the time of his coming. They do prepare the way. Which coming? They each are sounded to prepare the way for Christ. The funny thing is, I know you know that so I am not sure why you are saying what you said. His appearance to AOA to the saints in NJ happens before the second trump sounds. Carlos, for a man who knows symbolism, I am surprised you do not see the correlation between the trumps in 88 and Rev. No offense intended, just surprised. I thought out of all the people on this forum, you would see it.

Let me ask you this. What is the sea and the sand represent in the following passage?
Jeremiah 5:22

22 Fear ye not me? saith the Lord: will ye not tremble at my presence, which have placed the sand for the bound of the sea by a perpetual decree, that it cannot pass it: and though the waves thereof toss themselves, yet can they not prevail; though they roar, yet can they not pass over it.

Or this one.
Isaiah 51:15

15 But I am the Lord thy God, that divided the sea, whose waves roared: The Lord of hosts is his name.

They are in similitude of this.
Exodus 14:21

21 And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided.

The sea denotes a place of destruction. The waves would be those who make up that place. The sand represents the bounds set so the waves can not pass a certain location. The waves are always pushing against the sand trying to go beyond the bounds set by it. The sand is also something that hides an object that is buried in it. So although literally the Lord did set the bounds of the sea by the sand of the shore, he also did something spiritually that represented by this symbolism.
That same thing exists in the trumps in Rev., both a spiritual and literal interpretation, both being the same to the Lord because all things are spiritual unto him.

Now apply the same application to the trumps. There is both a spiritual and literal fulfillment of these things.
And as far as taking things only on symbolism. Search the destructions prophesied before the 1/2 of silence in D&C 88 and see if those exact same things did not happen when he was born and when he was crucified. You will see they did, literally.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the "sea" represents people. Take a look at the following verses"

Rev 17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the ajudgment of the great bwhore that sitteth upon many cwaters:
15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

Isa 17:12 ¶Woe to athe multitude of many people, which make a noise like the noise of the seas; and to the rushing of nations, that make a rushing like the rushing of mighty waters!
13 The nations shall rush like the rushing of many waters: but God shall rebuke them, and they shall flee far off, and shall be chased as the chaff of the mountains before the wind, and like a arolling thing before the whirlwind.

Jer 51: 41 How is aSheshach taken! and how is the praise of the whole earth surprised! how is Babylon become an astonishment among the nations!
42 The sea is come up upon Babylon: she is covered with the multitude of the waves thereof.

Dan 7:2 Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea.
3 And four great abeasts came up from the bsea, diverse one from another.

Psm 65:7 Which astilleth the noise of the seas, the noise of their waves, and the tumult of the people.

You might want to reasses some of your conclusions.

LDSguy
captain of 100

Post by LDSguy »

Matthew.B wrote:I have been led to believe the 1/2 hour of silence refers to a time of false calm after the great upheavals and tribulations, when the nations of the earth will complete their march into wickedness and the Saints will be left to mourn for the wicked and perfect themselves in preparation for the coming of the Lord.
Sounds like most days for me. :D

Matthew.B
captain of 100

Post by Matthew.B »

LDSguy wrote:
Matthew.B wrote:I have been led to believe the 1/2 hour of silence refers to a time of false calm after the great upheavals and tribulations, when the nations of the earth will complete their march into wickedness and the Saints will be left to mourn for the wicked and perfect themselves in preparation for the coming of the Lord.
Sounds like most days for me. :D
Haha... We haven't seen anything yet. Nor have we endured real persecution yet, nor have (m)any of us been sufficiently sanctified yet.

Captain G
captain of 10

Post by Captain G »

I have read a lot of information on this topic and I will give you my point of view. The half hour of silence is actually a transition period. During this time the kingdoms of this world will be transformed into the kingdom of our Lord. Starting with America, once all kingdoms have come under his rule and the covenants made with mortal man are complete, the Lord will transform the earth and it's inhabitants into a terrestrial condition. Read D&C 77: 12. The 21 year is equal to the half hour of silence and there will be blood shed and famine and death everywhere during this time. But there will be a refuge for the saints that are faithful and strong.

Captain G
captain of 10

Post by Captain G »

The half hour of silence has not started. There is to many things that have to happen before it starts. There will be war and blood shed and famine through out the land. The First Apperance will be at Adam ondi Ahman and that will be a secret meeting for the priesthood keys to be transfered from Adam to Jesus Christ. Adam will still hold his position over the Human Family here on earth. That will be the opening of the Seventh Seal. Then we will have 7 years from that time for the city of New Jersulam to be built for the gathering of the 10 tribes and also the ones that were hidden from us will come forward with there prophet and scriptures. Then we have 7 years until Armageddon there Jesus will save 1/3 of the Jews and finally 7 more years until the Savior comes in his glory. How I came with the number seven read Ezekiel 39: 1-12. But read espicially verse 9. I have studied the second coming for a long time. Pray and study the scriptures and you will find the answer. The number 7 is used through out the book of John. The number 7 also represents wholeness, completness and perfection.

Captain G
captain of 10

Post by Captain G »

pjbrownie wrote:The way to understand the Second Coming is revealed in Matthew 24 when his disciples asked about it. After discussing the events that would occur immediately after his death and resurrection, and the details of the Great Apostasy, he states:
26 For as the light of the morning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west, and covereth the whole earth, so shall also the coming of the Son of Man be.
What this means is that Second Coming is a process. The concerns of Joseph Smith are illustrated over this is Bushman's biography. Preceding the Kirtland era, Joseph Smith's revelations were apocalyptic and millennial. There was a great concern that the Second Coming would be imminent, and that the building of the temple would initiate this wonderful event. Indeed, it did, for Christ came suddenly to His temple. The appearance at Kirtland signaled the first events of the Second Coming, "a light of the morning coming out of the east." This is the first evidence of dawn. Furthermore, after this event, Joseph's mind seemed quieted by the imminence of the Second Coming and he turned his attention towards Zion--the building up of Zion in preparation for the larger work of the restoration, the building of of the Kingdom of God upon earth in preparation for the larger events of His coming.

Christ in essence, comes several times.

1. The Kirtland Temple
2. Appearances to those who are prepared
3. Appearance at Adam Ondi Ahman
4. Appearance at the Zion temple similar to the appearance at the Bountiful temple in the Book of Mormon
5. Appearance to the Jews at the Mount of Olives
6. Coming in Glory to the whole earth

These events compromise the Second Coming, a light that rises our of the east going to the west until it fills the whole earth.

NGL's analysis appears correct to me. Trumps equal judgments--they may equal other things--but they are the arm of the Lord falling upon the nations--not a subtle event. You have a trump sounding loud and long, not subtle and long, followed by a period of quiet, then more judgments. This is the simplest explanation I can see and it's backed up by apostolic opinion on the matter.

NGL, I think what I've discovered here is the timing of the appearances of Christ at 3 and 4. They have always seemed a bit fluid to me, but now it seems to me that the AOA appearance is at the conclusion of the sixth seal, the sign of the Coming of the Son of Man, and the included trump judgment. Then you have the period of silence--the building up of Zion and the missionary work of the 144,000--then the appearances at the NJ temple and the start of the seven judgments accompanied by the first resurrection.

This is OUR Second Coming, is the one in which we have to do. Read the Book of Mormon and it will tell you. The coming to the Jews is for the Jews and the coming in Glory is really for folks like the Chinese. Our Coming is meant to come after a sign in the heavens and a series of calamities.

There is no discrepancy.
When you talk about Kirkland that is the time that God the Father came and the Temple look like it was on fire. You have a lot of good information but a little off. I have been studying the signs of the time for a while and found some information that might clear thing up.
1 Appearance is Adam ondi Ahman which the Keys of the Priesthood will be handed from Adam to Christ and that will be the opening of the Seventh Seal.
2 Appearance is New Jerusalem where the temple will be built and after that, the gathering of the ten tribes will begin.
3 Appearance is Armageddon where Christ will come and Save the Jews and only 1/3 will be saved and the others will be killed.
4 Appearance is the Coming of the Savior in his Glory.
Here are a few Scriptures for you to look at.
1 Appearance: Daniel 7:9-10, 13-14. HC. J SMITH 3: 386-87, JD, O PRATT 17: 187-89,
2 Appearance: 3 Nephi 20: 22, 3 Nephi 21: 23-26, Jacob 5: 63-64, D&C 42: 36, ect.
3 Appearance: Ezekiel 39: 21-22, Ezekiel 48: 35, Zech 12: 9-11, Zech 13: 6,9, Zech 14: 4-5. D&C 45: 47-53, etc
4 Appearance: Matt 24: 36, Mark 13: 32, Acts 1: 11, Isaiah 63: 1-5, 1 Thes 4: 16-17, etc.
These scriptures are to help you get started and hopefully they will help. The meeting at Adam ondi Ahman will be not known by the world and most of the saints will not know only those who have been invited. The world will be at war and destruction will be here before the Seventh Seal will be open. Pray and stay close to the Lord and remember the 10 virgins that 5 were ready and 5 werent. The General Authority were talking about the saints.

Book of Ruth
captain of 100

Post by Book of Ruth »

Please be a little patient with me as I bring up yet again the 7th seal. Because our cannonized scriptures D&C 77 specifically says that those things of the 1st 1000 years are of the 1st seal up to the 7th. From the Prophet Joseph Smith, is it over simplifiying to say we are in the 7th seal based on the calendar.

I'm just saying, the Prophet put it into the D&C in the most plain terms. I'm thinking there was a reason for that. Why all the specifics about the meridian of time, etc if time itself had no merit?

Is the 1/2 hour of silence when the Lord preaches to the world through earthquakes, famines, pestilence, etc? Is it a "type" of when He opened His ministry at the age of 12 and began to preach Himself? Meaning, that since He preached 21 years, 33 (death) - 12 (beginning of ministry)= 21 years approx. Could this possibly be a coincidence that the 1/2 hour of silence =21 years. I don't think so.

Jeremy_the_Revelator
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Jeremy_the_Revelator »

Hey guys, I realize I'm a little late to this party, but I cracked the code on the half hour of silence just a couple years ago.
D&C 88:95 was fulfilled 3 years ago. The face of the Lord was already unveiled and heaven departed as a scroll on the same day. We all saw it, but we didn't recognize it. I made a video for everyone below.
Also, I believe trumpet #1 already sounded too, that was Covid-19. I explain this too.
Remember, the Second Coming will overtake the world as a thief, so we should not expect spectacular "Moses and Pharaoh" style theatrics, but rather subtle fulfillment.
https://youtu.be/ZlyFHYmxr5U

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

Jeremy_the_Revelator wrote: July 14th, 2023, 6:21 pm Hey guys, I realize I'm a little late to this party, but I cracked the code on the half hour of silence just a couple years ago.
D&C 88:95 was fulfilled 3 years ago. The face of the Lord was already unveiled and heaven departed as a scroll on the same day. We all saw it, but we didn't recognize it. I made a video for everyone below.
Also, I believe trumpet #1 already sounded too, that was Covid-19. I explain this too.
Remember, the Second Coming will overtake the world as a thief, so we should not expect spectacular "Moses and Pharaoh" style theatrics, but rather subtle fulfillment.
Interesting theories. Thanks for sharing. Since you’re new, and just by way of trying to help manage expectations, hopefully you’re not expecting any big, warm reception here to the theory that RMN and current church leadership were responsible for some significant, substantive role in actually fulfilling scripture and actually revealing the face of Jesus Christ. But it is an interesting TBM theory. Thanks again.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Jeremy_the_Revelator wrote: July 14th, 2023, 6:21 pm Hey guys, I realize I'm a little late to this party, but I cracked the code on the half hour of silence just a couple years ago.
I watched this and found plenty of things I could agree with hermano 👍👍

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Cruiserdude wrote: July 15th, 2023, 9:41 am
I watched this and found plenty of things I could agree with hermano 👍👍
I like that you focus on that there are plenty of things you could agree with. We all need to learn to be more like that.
I am not there yet. It is my nature to look for flaws in my own ideas and in the ideas of others. I found the majority of the information to be very good. I also liked that in several areas, Jeremy stated that he had come to this conclusion or that it was something that he had received. to me it felt like he was giving a disclaimer that this point or that point was not authoritative, and that each person had to work thru the information provided and reach their own conclusions. This is an approach that we all need to improve on.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

All I know is that there are clearly no women in heaven.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

If one talks about the 1/2 hour, should one not talk about the hour? The are both mentioned by John in revelations.

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

Welcome to the forum, Jeremy! If no one has done so yet, let me go ahead and be the first to nominate you as an official candidate for the OMAS and also the embodiment of the Holy Ghost. You will find a complete list of all the other candidates in the basement forums.

Sorry, I had to. 😁 You'll like this place as long as you check your feelings at the door and don't take anything that anyone says TOO seriously.