My letter to the Editor RE Iran

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

My letter to the Editor RE Iran

Post by Col. Flagg »

I submitted this to the Editor of our local paper tonight - just wanted to get some opinions/reactions...
Anti-Iran rhetoric is flooding our airwaves right now because of their drive to pursue nuclear technology and a supposed nuclear weapon which we are being conditioned to believe is an existential threat to not only Israel and the U.S., but world peace. But let’s look at the facts shall we… Israel has 500 or so nuclear weapons. The U.S. has over 10,000. There are currently 45 U.S. military bases opposing Iran in surrounding nations, yet, they are a threat to us. The U.S. is the only nation to ever use nuclear weapons. Iran is one of three nations not controlled by an international central bank. Iran sits on the world’s 3rd largest reserve of oil. In March, Iran is going to stop doing business in dollars for its oil transactions. Our invasion of Iraq in 2003 was due to alleged WMD’s and mobile biological and chemical weapons labs, which turned out to be a lie, just like the events of 9/11. Here we are 9 years later and the excuses for going to war are still the same… trumping up bogus claims to justify an attack on a nation that has never attacked any other country because of international corporate interests, geo-political agendas and control. We all know what happened to the old Roman Empire… what’s going to happen to Empire America?
Last edited by Col. Flagg on February 24th, 2012, 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Re: My letter to the Editor RE Iran

Post by Thomas »

Great piece Col.. I wonder if they will publish it. The average uninformed citizen of this state will consider it to be liberal crap. Keep it up though. We should do all we can to fight the propaganda.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Thomas wrote:Great piece Col.. I wonder if they will publish it. The average uninformed citizen of this state will consider it to be liberal crap. Keep it up though. We should do all we can to fight the propaganda.
Thanks Thomas :) ... and amen to that!

uglypitbull
captain of 1,000

Post by uglypitbull »

Col. Flagg wrote:I submitted this to the Editor of our local paper tonight - just wanted to get some opinions/reactions...
Anti-Iran rhetoric is flooding our airwaves right now because of their drive to pursue nuclear technology and a supposed nuclear weapon which we are being conditioned to believe is an existential threat to not only Israel and the U.S., but world peace. But let’s look at the facts shall we… Israel has 500 or so nuclear weapons. The U.S. has over 10,000. There are currently 45 U.S. military bases opposing Iran in surrounding nations, yet, they are a threat to us. The U.S. is the only nation to ever use nuclear weapons. Iran is one of three nations not controlled by an international central bank. Iran sits on the world’s 3rd largest reserve of oil. In March, Iran is going to stop doing business in dollars for its oil transactions. Our invasion in 2003 was due to alleged WMD’s and mobile biological and chemical weapons labs, which turned out to be a lie, just like the events of 9/11. Here we are 22 years later and the excuses for going to war are still the same… trumping up bogus claims to justify an attack on a nation that has never attacked any other country because of international corporate interests, geo-political agendas and control. We all know what happened to the old Roman Empire… what’s going to happen to Empire America?
Funny, sounds eerily like what Libya was trying to do. Great writeup Col.

AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by AussieOi »

rock on

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

mormonmeuk wrote:Really great letter! But you appear to be supporting a Republican. Surely Obama is less likely to go to war than a Republican?
In the UK, we're getting blanketed with the same Anti-Iranian Propaganda - It's just like Iraq all over again.
I'm not declaring support for any candidate here - just stating some facts that not too many people may be aware of.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

uglypitbull wrote:
Col. Flagg wrote:I submitted this to the Editor of our local paper tonight - just wanted to get some opinions/reactions...
Anti-Iran rhetoric is flooding our airwaves right now because of their drive to pursue nuclear technology and a supposed nuclear weapon which we are being conditioned to believe is an existential threat to not only Israel and the U.S., but world peace. But let’s look at the facts shall we… Israel has 500 or so nuclear weapons. The U.S. has over 10,000. There are currently 45 U.S. military bases opposing Iran in surrounding nations, yet, they are a threat to us. The U.S. is the only nation to ever use nuclear weapons. Iran is one of three nations not controlled by an international central bank. Iran sits on the world’s 3rd largest reserve of oil. In March, Iran is going to stop doing business in dollars for its oil transactions. Our invasion of Iraq in 2003 was due to alleged WMD’s and mobile biological and chemical weapons labs, which turned out to be a lie, just like the events of 9/11. Here we are 9 years later and the excuses for going to war are still the same… trumping up bogus claims to justify an attack on a nation that has never attacked any other country because of international corporate interests, geo-political agendas and control. We all know what happened to the old Roman Empire… what’s going to happen to Empire America?
Funny, sounds eerily like what Libya was trying to do. Great writeup Col.
Thanks Pit!
Last edited by Col. Flagg on February 24th, 2012, 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

AussieOi wrote:rock on
You know it!

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Just got the word yesterday... they're publishing it. :)

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340 ... 00,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The LA Times reported Friday that US intelligence agencies do not believe Iran is actively trying to build an atomic bomb.

A highly classified US intelligence assessment circulated to policymakers early last year largely affirms that view, originally made in 2007. Both reports, known as national intelligence estimates, conclude that Tehran halted efforts to develop and build a nuclear warhead in 2003.