Tax Returns... and manditory medical insurance. WHAT??!!

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
sadie_Mormon
captain of 1,000

Tax Returns... and manditory medical insurance. WHAT??!!

Post by sadie_Mormon »

I went the other day to drop off my taxes. Since I lived in another state part of the year she made a comment saying that some states she does taxes for already are requiring that you have medical insurance.

I know that Obama care got passed but I guess I didn't realize that it was actually in place right now with some of the states. I was so upset when I left thinking who is the government to tell me I have to have anything when it comes to medical insurance. If I choose not to have it then that's my choice. Fortunately I have a job that supplies the insurance, but for someone who might be self employed etc that has to be very costly.

I really hate that our government is so bent on controlling every aspect of our life choices. X(

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Re: Tax Returns... and manditory medical insurance. WHAT??!!

Post by friendsofthe »

Not to worrie, the Little Horn will be going down very soon....

DrJay
captain of 100

Post by DrJay »

sadie_Mormon wrote:I really hate that our government is so bent on controlling every aspect of our life choices. X(
The govenment is following Satan's plan perfectly.

7cylon7
captain of 1,000

Post by 7cylon7 »

friendsofthe wrote:Not to worrie, the Little Horn will be going down very soon....

I hope your right.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

I've have now been writing about the 42 month prophecy for almost three years. What scares the bejeebers out of me is that events appear to be unfolding just as foretold and I would like to be a bunch more prepared than I am, though I'm doing the best I can. As you know, my interpretation of this prophecy is for WWIII to happen in April, 2012. As I survey current world events it's easy to see that the gads are going to make it happen very soon. So if I'm going to put a date on it, it's going to be according to John and Daniels prophecy.

sadie_Mormon
captain of 1,000

Post by sadie_Mormon »

friendsofthe wrote:As you know, my interpretation of this prophecy is for WWIII to happen in April, 2012. As I survey current world events it's easy to see that the gads are going to make it happen very soon. So if I'm going to put a date on it, it's going to be according to John and Daniels prophecy.

It's definately scary when I think about all that is going on around the world these days. I told a friend of mine that I feel something is going to burst any day now with all that is happening around the world.

You wrote "as you know" regarding WWIII... I don't know. Where did you come up with this time frame?

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Post by sbsion »

got car insurance...............hmmmmmmmmmm why?

sadie_Mormon
captain of 1,000

Post by sadie_Mormon »

sbsion wrote:got car insurance...............hmmmmmmmmmm why?

But is car insurance a federal law like the medical insurance or is it by each state to decide? However I get your point because we can't go without it.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Required car insurance is liability insurance - insurance to insure that you can compensate someone for property damage or harm to their person from your operation of the car. So it is to make sure you can take care of the other person if you are at fault. Comparing it to medical insurance is apples to oranges.

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Post by sbsion »

more like rotten apples and rotten oranges, any maditory "self protection" to help others, at your cost, without a choice, is all a destruction of agency

sadie_Mormon
captain of 1,000

Post by sadie_Mormon »

Original_Intent wrote:Required car insurance is liability insurance - insurance to insure that you can compensate someone for property damage or harm to their person from your operation of the car. So it is to make sure you can take care of the other person if you are at fault. Comparing it to medical insurance is apples to oranges.

Thanks for the explanation. I recall someone telling me this a while back but didn't remember exactly how it worked.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

friendsofthe wrote: As you know, my interpretation of this prophecy is for WWIII to happen in April, 2012. As I survey current world events it's easy to see that the gads are going to make it happen very soon. So if I'm going to put a date on it, it's going to be according to John and Daniels prophecy.

Sadie_Mormon wrote:
You wrote "as you know" regarding WWIII... I don't know. Where did you come up with this time frame?
Sorry, I’ve been saying this for such a long time that I assumed that most everyone on the forum knew by now that about the 42 month prophecy. It’s explained in my book, A Year With No Rainbow. Go to http://www.ayearwithnorainbow.com where you can download the free ebook.

jonesde
captain of 1,000

Post by jonesde »

Original_Intent wrote:Required car insurance is liability insurance - insurance to insure that you can compensate someone for property damage or harm to their person from your operation of the car. So it is to make sure you can take care of the other person if you are at fault. Comparing it to medical insurance is apples to oranges.
Very good point.

Car insurance is also insurance for accidents, unexpected events. Health insurance covers many accidents and unexpected events, but is mostly used for routine medical care and is more like a prepaid healthcare plan than it is like insurance.

The reason it is this way goes back to the high income tax rates encouraging employees to other general healthcare coverage as "insurance" since it was tax deductible in the IRS code. The most troubling aspect of the prepaid healthcare dictated by the government is these parts that are not really insurance, but that dictate health standards and prices (cost fixing) for non-emergency healthcare. Chances are that will kill as many people as it "saves". At the same time it removes the market incentives from making choices and so has the effect of growing the healthcare industry unnaturally (ie it's a market manipulation that distorts things) and leading to unwise and unnecessary services and drugs. What a mess, and what an intrusion on our lives!

Car insurance is also not required in all states, but even in states like Utah where it is required most people still get uninsured and underinsured coverage. In states where it isn't required the cost of uninsured and underinsured coverage isn't necessarily higher, since most people get auto insurance anyway and people without insurance still travel between states and such.