a stranger in our house

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
HeberC
captain of 100

a stranger in our house

Post by HeberC »

Two weeks ago, my 22 year old daughter was going upstairs and she saw a man wearing gray cross her path as he was going from the bathroom to the bedroom I share with my wife. She assumed the man was me because the gray color matches my thermal underwear. Then, my wife informed her that I was in the basement. I went upstairs into the bedroom and addressed the 'stranger in gray...'. I didn't expect to find anyone physical in there and, sure enough, he either had "blinked out" or he had passed through the wall. My daughter was looking to me to make everything less scarey for her so while she was looking at me, I told the 'stranger' that unless he had legitimate business or he was a guardian angel to leave now in the name of Jesus Christ. I was pleased that my daughter wasn't afraid to go upstairs by herself after that.

I've lived in haunted houses before but since I built this house myself and no one else has lived here before, I thought we wouldn't come into contact with ghosts. Then, again, maybe our daughter just saw a remote-viewer snooping around. We have diligent and competent guardian angels and we pray for them as well as our family and home, so maybe this stranger wasn't a spirit, per se.

Anyway, if the guy was a GA who was new on the job and didn't know how to stay invisible, that's understandable, but if he had no legitimate business here, that would call for me to feel slightly violated. I'm not sure what to make of it all. I'm interested in what others have to say.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: a stranger in our house

Post by mes5464 »

I have never had anything like this happen in my life, though my mother reports that she has. I have no desire to have something like this happen to me.

We just built our home a year ago and I awoke from a troubling dream involving a "man" breaking into the basement and kidnapping my 8 year old son. After walking through the whole house and checking on every child (6), I knelt next to my bed and gave a fervent prayer. I invoked the priesthood and pronounced a blessing not only on the house but the land we live on. I have not experienced any anxiety about our safety since.

HeberC
captain of 100

Post by HeberC »

Well mes, I've never had anything like this happen before, either. Still, I've never had any anxiety over it, either. I know we are protected.

From the experiences of my family and friends, if a guardian angel is involved, he is discreet and if he's visible and not recognizable, he will identify himself. This man was looking down when he walked by.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

Because he was in gray, I would suspect he was not someone you'd want, and you were right to remove his presence the way you did.