The Kingdom of God will not arrive on Air Force One

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

The Kingdom of God will not arrive on Air Force One

Post by Original_Intent »

The title caught my eye and applies to a few discussions we have been having. Well worth reading!

http://www.westernjournalism.com/the-ki ... dium=email" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jason
Master of Puppets

Re: The Kingdom of God will not arrive on Air Force One

Post by Jason »

LOL...that was a good take on it....thank you for the link!!!

uglypitbull
captain of 1,000

Post by uglypitbull »

Thanks for sharing OI....I enjoyed reading that.

Juliette
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliette »

Original_Intent wrote:The title caught my eye and applies to a few discussions we have been having. Well worth reading!

http://www.westernjournalism.com/the-ki ... dium=email" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Our long-term strategy must be to place the Bible in Public Schools as the principle textbook of American education. Proverbs 1:7,”The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge.”,the principal part of knowledge is ‘fear of the Lord’. This entails removing the false gods of multiculturalism, political correctness and secularism. In the horrendous 1963 ruling, the U.S. Supreme Court in an 8-1 decision, banned the Bible from America’s public schools. Justice Potter Stewart authored the lone dissenting opinion,”It led not to true neutrality with respect to religion, but to the establishment of a religion of secularism. ( We Americans are the majority in wanting the Bible in public schools, but we won't fight for it. All we do it talk about it)

What that means, in plain English, is that all the old sins become virtues, and all the old virtues become sins. Homosexuality is a fine and good thing, but anyone who thinks men and women should have different social roles is an evil “fascist.” That is what political correctness now teaches children in public schools all across America. ( whats right is wrong, and whats wrong is right. Where have we heard that before. ( We must teach our values at home, and un-teach what they are being told at school. I feel that soon, we will be taking our children out of public schools. A dangerous place)

Read and weep for America…

Because of Christians lack of interest, or lack of power, the filth being pumped and mainlined directly into every home in America–through radio, television and the Internet–is a direct indictment on the Church of America.

Thanks for posting this Intent. I take back all the bad things I said about you! :ymhug:

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

I appreciate your dissenting opinion Juliette! (in other threads) And I bet we agree on more than we think!

There is a fine line between establishing unity and becoming an echo chamber. ("Four legs good two legs baa-aa-aad!" if you get the reference.)

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

Juliette, have you forgotten about the principal of agency? Any American can attend a private school, with a biblical agenda, if they want. Americans must chose to accept the gospel by their own free will. Forcing the teachings will have no effect. Americans have chosen to allow for a mutiltude of beliefs to be accepted, within our school system. We can't make that choice for them, even if we are in the majority, which I doubt we are.