3 Nephi 11:15

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Pocket_Protector
Hi, I'm new.

3 Nephi 11:15

Post by Pocket_Protector »

15 And it came to pass that the multitude went forth, and thrust their hands into his side, and adid feel the prints of the nails in his hands and in his feet; and this they did do, going forth one by one until they had all gone forth, and did see with their eyes and did feel with their hands, and did know of a surety and did bear record, that it was he, of whom it was written by the prophets, that should come.

Is there anyone out there who has any material regarding the Savior's ability to keep those marks after His resurrection?

Glad to have become a new member of the site.

Pocket_Protector

Pocket_Protector
Hi, I'm new.

Re: 3 Nephi 11:15

I didn't intend to post this under General Discussions.

Juliette
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliette »

Pocket_Protector wrote:I didn't intend to post this under General Discussions.
Welcome Pocket Protector! ( nerd alert!)

jcricket6048
captain of 100

Post by jcricket6048 »

Pocket_Protector wrote:15 And it came to pass that the multitude went forth, and thrust their hands into his side, and adid feel the prints of the nails in his hands and in his feet; and this they did do, going forth one by one until they had all gone forth, and did see with their eyes and did feel with their hands, and did know of a surety and did bear record, that it was he, of whom it was written by the prophets, that should come.

Is there anyone out there who has any material regarding the Savior's ability to keep those marks after His resurrection?

Glad to have become a new member of the site.

Pocket_Protector
in the last days when the Saviour will come to rescue the Jews in the battle of Armageddon and will appear to them and they will ask what is that wound that is in your hand and feet. And he will say that I was wounded in the house of my friends. So you see it is the only thing that the Jews will recognize who he is.

mattctr
captain of 100

Post by mattctr »

Questioning His ability to keep those marks seems irrelevant to me. Asking "why" He kept them is much more interesting.

Pocket_Protector
Hi, I'm new.

Mattctr, the 'why' is widely understood already. To me, the 'how' is much more intriguing.

mattctr
captain of 100

Post by mattctr »

Well, I very well may have misunderstood your intent. Do you have an idea or theory you've been mulling over in this regard? What about the 'how' intrigues you?

believer
captain of 1,000

Post by believer »

When I was 9 yrs old, I had my appendics out. I'm 73 now. I still have the scar. Since then, I have had other surgeries. I still have the scars from them as well. The nails went clear through the Saviors hands. The nails went clear through His feet. Most likely there was tearing from hanging there as well. The spear went clear into His side. These kind of scars would not have gone away if He had lived to be 100. Of course, He is a resurrected being, and was then too. So they could have been corrected, but when He shows them to people, they know who He is immediately. Even the Jews will believe who He is immediately after He explains where He got the scars and who He is.

Believer

gardenerof12
captain of 10

Post by gardenerof12 »

It is my understanding that when we are resurrected that we will receive a glorified and perfected body. Any loss of limbs, scars will be healed. Someone in a class once said that the scars of the Savior were a part of His perfected body. That sounded right to me. now I'm just hoping that stretch marks will be healed!

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

As Christ had the power to lay down His Life and take it up again, He also had the power to retain His wounds to show to all His sheep scattered about the Earth to show them that He is the Christ who died for their sins and redeemed them from the fall of Adam. Once all things have come to pass, I believe He will then choose to make Himself complete and whole again as the wounds will no longer be necessary for His work.