PHOTOS from LDSFF Dinner & 4-Minute Man Speeches!!!

Post calls to action or information about events, meetings, or lectures that are liberty and/or gospel related.
creator
(of the Forum)

Re: LDSFF Dinner Thurs. 02/16 @ 6:30pm + 4-Minute Man Speech

Post by creator »

Count me in on a 4-minute speech. Not sure what topic yet. As someone mentioned on the other thread, it's a good idea to ask the Lord what message He would like me to deliver... so I'm going to do my best to follow the promptings of the Spirit in preparing this 4-minute speech :-ss :)

serenitylala
captain of 100

Post by serenitylala »

At a restaurant? Are we booking a private room? ;) I can just see Brian about to talk about deeper doctrines and gets plastered in the face by a glop of a 6 month old's meal that was thrown across the room. lol.

Oh and what about Dymock... he said he wanted to meet up, I wonder if he's interested in this meeting as well.

reese
captain of 1,000

Post by reese »

JulesGP wrote:So far, speakers include:
  • serenitylala
    BrianM
    JulesGP
Other RSVPs:
  • reese
    shadow
Shadow and reese, can you let me know if either of you will be willing to speak? (Shadow I wasn't sure if yours was a true commitment ;) .)
I think shadow should provide the entertainment. :ymparty: I think I just want to listen this time.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

JulesGP wrote:
reese wrote:
JulesGP wrote:So far, speakers include:
  • serenitylala
    BrianM
    JulesGP
Other RSVPs:
  • reese
    shadow
Shadow and reese, can you let me know if either of you will be willing to speak? (Shadow I wasn't sure if yours was a true commitment ;) .)
I think shadow should provide the entertainment. :ymparty: I think I just want to listen this time.
Here, here! What say ye Shadow?

I'd LOVE to hear from OI, Jason, Mahonri, Col.... any other nominees? :D
Jules, thanks for the stage offer again - I am honored. :ymhug: I'm not 100% certain I'll be able to make it at this juncture - if I do, it might not be until a bit later in the evening. I'll have to play this one by ear. I'd love to meet everyone though, that's for sure and Porter's Place is about a 5 minute walk from my house. I'll let you know if I can make it early next week as there are too many variables for me on a day to day basis to say for sure yet. It's going to be difficult for me to get there by 6:30 because of my work schedule, but I might be able to make it by 7:30, so the liklihood of my making it on time to deliver a 4 minute speech isn't all that good. :( One thing about Porter's Place though - it is a VERY small restaurant - when you walk in, if you're at all claustrophobic, you may need to walk out every now and then (especially if you guys end up upstairs). Their food is also a bit pricey, so don't be surprised if you have to fork over $20-$25 for a meal for one person.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

JulesGP wrote:What say ye Shadow?
My agent was working up the contract (which required an alcohol bar for superslob and Mark and no facial hair at all for the men in attendance) when he realized Lehi is about a 4 hr round trip drive from my comfy abode in the valley of Cache. I'll have to pass, especially since I'll be in Salt Lake on the 15th. But when you bless the food make sure you remember to bless all the LDSFF members that couldn't make it, that they'll make it next time.

Squally
captain of 1,000

Post by Squally »

shadow wrote: But when you bless the food make sure you remember to bless all the LDSFF members that couldn't make it, that they'll make it next time.
=)) =))

Bob Webster
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Bob Webster »

I'm an old Cleon Skousen Freeman of Idaho Falls area, & active in Constitutional topics. I;m as radical as Patrick Henry. I'd be pleased to dine with you and offer a 4-minute tidbit, such as:

Immigration Oxymoron
Re-Declaration of Indpendence
Political Parties - Founders' View

Bob Webster
770 N. 100 W.
Pleasant Grove, UT. 84062
801-785-4726
websterbob801@gmail.com

Dylock
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Dylock »

Count me in

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Col. Flagg wrote: Jules, thanks for the stage offer again - I am honored. :ymhug: I'm not 100% certain I'll be able to make it at this juncture - if I do, it might not be until a bit later in the evening. I'll have to play this one by ear. I'd love to meet everyone though, that's for sure and Porter's Place is about a 5 minute walk from my house. I'll let you know if I can make it early next week as there are too many variables for me on a day to day basis to say for sure yet. It's going to be difficult for me to get there by 6:30 because of my work schedule, but I might be able to make it by 7:30, so the liklihood of my making it on time to deliver a 4 minute speech isn't all that good. :( One thing about Porter's Place though - it is a VERY small restaurant - when you walk in, if you're at all claustrophobic, you may need to walk out every now and then (especially if you guys end up upstairs). Their food is also a bit pricey, so don't be surprised if you have to fork over $20-$25 for a meal for one person.
Listen big spender just eat some ramen noodles and macaroni and cheese at home before going to the dinner so that all you have to pay for is some dessert at that greasy spoon. Who knows maybe somebody will split dessert with you so you can just rob your kids piggy bank of the quarters needed for your share of the bill. :-B

reese
captain of 1,000

Post by reese »

Mark wrote:
Col. Flagg wrote: Jules, thanks for the stage offer again - I am honored. :ymhug: I'm not 100% certain I'll be able to make it at this juncture - if I do, it might not be until a bit later in the evening. I'll have to play this one by ear. I'd love to meet everyone though, that's for sure and Porter's Place is about a 5 minute walk from my house. I'll let you know if I can make it early next week as there are too many variables for me on a day to day basis to say for sure yet. It's going to be difficult for me to get there by 6:30 because of my work schedule, but I might be able to make it by 7:30, so the liklihood of my making it on time to deliver a 4 minute speech isn't all that good. :( One thing about Porter's Place though - it is a VERY small restaurant - when you walk in, if you're at all claustrophobic, you may need to walk out every now and then (especially if you guys end up upstairs). Their food is also a bit pricey, so don't be surprised if you have to fork over $20-$25 for a meal for one person.
Listen big spender just eat some ramen noodles and macaroni and cheese at home before going to the dinner so that all you have to pay for is some dessert at that greasy spoon. Who knows maybe somebody will split dessert with you so you can just rob your kids piggy bank of the quarters needed for your share of the bill. :-B
http://youtu.be/CFsSC_qAGlQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

serenitylala
captain of 100

Post by serenitylala »

Unfortunately, I am going to have to cancel. I just got notification that I have to attend a government meeting run by the HRSA that evening.

reese
captain of 1,000

Post by reese »

serenitylala wrote:Unfortunately, I am going to have to cancel. I just got notification that I have to attend a government meeting run by the HRSA that evening.
Oh No! I was really looking forward to meeting you. :((

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Mark wrote:
You just mind your own P's and Q's you old coot! I just spent some of our extra money on my wife for her b-day (got her a posture-pedic foam mattress and some other things) and it took all of the pennies, nickels and quarters out of my kids' piggy banks to buy in addition to raiding our 401k - I gotta think frugally here Mark. Besides, I'm not like you where all I have to worry about is my van down by the river!

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

JulesGP wrote:
Col, we'd love to have you show up at 7:30 if that's when you can make it!! AND... you should order off the cheaper section of the menu... I never pay more than $10-15 ;)
I'm going to try and make it, even if I am late - would love to meet you all. :) They must have added a cheaper section to the menu because the last time I was there (1997, yep, 14 years), it was for a work party and nothing on the menu was under $20 as far as their entrees. Their food is good though. I totally forgot about this meet-up until this morning - it has been a mentally draining week so far at work with lots going on, including my wife's b-day yesterday. I'll try and pop over before 8:00.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

JulesGP wrote:
Col. Flagg wrote:I'm going to try and make it, even if I am late - would love to meet you all. :) They must have added a cheaper section to the menu because the last time I was there (1997, yep, 14 years), it was for a work party and nothing on the menu was under $20 as far as their entrees. Their food is good though. I totally forgot about this meet-up until this morning - it has been a mentally draining week so far at work with lots going on, including my wife's b-day yesterday. I'll try and pop over before 8:00.
:ymparty:
Sorry I didn't make it - got tied up at home. :( How was the gathering? Who spoke and what was discussed?

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

It is good that you didn't make it as you would have been a week early, Col!

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Original_Intent wrote:It is good that you didn't make it as you would have been a week early, Col!
#-o See - that's the sort of week I've had, especially at work. Cool - looks like I still may get to make it on the 16th! :)

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

The space is filling up but we do have room for a few more... let us know if you plan on coming. :)

creator
(of the Forum)

Re: PHOTOS from LDSFF Dinner & 4-Minute Man Speeches!!!

Post by creator »

I came totally unprepared (and failed at sticking to 4 minutes) but still I thought it was a good, fun meeting. Good speeches, etc. :ymapplause:

heidibear
captain of 10

Post by heidibear »

I thought you did very well. It was a fun meeting I was glad I was able to go and with no kids to chase around. :)

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

JulesGP wrote:Please forgive me as I don't remember everyone's names. If anyone remembers, please let me know or add to the post! Also, there are more photos to come, as well as recordings of the 4-minute speeches.

Thank you to everyone who attended, it was a nice evening with some fun topics discussed!
Jules - pic # 20.19.46 includes (the two men standing up) Sam Bushman (left) and Curt Crosby (right) - they do a local radio show on 1480 AM called Liberty Roundtable (I was a guest for a 9/11 show they did back in September). They are terrific guys and very much into helping awaken people to what is going on in our country while fighting for freedom and truth.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

JulesGP wrote:
Col. Flagg wrote:
JulesGP wrote:Please forgive me as I don't remember everyone's names. If anyone remembers, please let me know or add to the post! Also, there are more photos to come, as well as recordings of the 4-minute speeches.

Thank you to everyone who attended, it was a nice evening with some fun topics discussed!
Jules - pic # 20.19.46 includes (the two men standing up) Sam Bushman (left) and Curt Crosby (right) - they do a local radio show on 1480 AM called Liberty Roundtable (I was a guest for a 9/11 show they did back in September). They are terrific guys and very much into helping awaken people to what is going on in our country while fighting for freedom and truth.
Col thank you so much for posting this - I'm so bad with names, but they WERE great guys, and I hope we'll have the opportunity to have them at future events! I enjoyed Sam Bushman, he actually gave TWO 4-minute presentations, off the top of his head, no notes! :ymapplause:
You are welcome Jules! That's Sam for you - very intelligent and witty.