Rainbow

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
believer
captain of 1,000

Rainbow

Post by believer »

There was a great, big, gorgeous, beautiful, wide, double rainbow here in Provo late this afternoon. The Lord won't be coming this year.

Believer

Fairminded
captain of 1,000

Re: Rainbow

Post by Fairminded »

Double rainbow??!

believer
captain of 1,000

Post by believer »

Yes. Double.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Can we assume here that the year count start anew with every appearance of a rainbow anywhere in the world? That's to say that every day that there is a a rainbow anywhere on earth that the clock starts over again? IS the whole rainbow thing a word wide prophesy or just one of those American centric thing that those of us in Australia need not worry ourselves about?

Fairminded
captain of 1,000

Post by Fairminded »

If the upper atmosphere was filled with dust from a supervolcano eruption, a meteorite strike, or a large number of nuclear strikes, there would be no direct sunlight and therefore no rainbows.

I always wondered about that prophecy because as long as there's precipitation there's going to be rainbows. Even your sprinkler on the lawn shows a rainbow. So the only way I thought it could come true was lack of water. This is another alternative.

Local absence of rainbows might also explain it, such as a major drought, but I'm not sure it would be significant enough to be viewed as a fulfillment of prophecy. Something global would certainly draw attention, though.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Rainbows can be produced without water using glass for example with a prism.

scottja
captain of 100

Post by scottja »

I take it that if I see a rainbow, I have time to plant that season's crops and I will be able to harvest them.
I don't consider it good for a calendar year nor a 356 day year, only for the crop season.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

gkearney wrote:Can we assume here that the year count start anew with every appearance of a rainbow anywhere in the world? That's to say that every day that there is a a rainbow anywhere on earth that the clock starts over again? IS the whole rainbow thing a word wide prophesy or just one of those American centric thing that those of us in Australia need not worry ourselves about?
I think that if you personally see a rainbow, it is a promise to you personally that you will have seed time and harvest. :)

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

gkearney wrote:Rainbows can be produced without water using glass for example with a prism.
You can refract light into individual colors using a prism. You can witness the full spectrum of colors in a moondog. God's Great Bow in the Sky is something completely different. :)

7cylon7
captain of 1,000

Post by 7cylon7 »

You know you are thinking in a flawed manner. The year may start tomorrow and not yesterday. So be careful. What you say my only mean last year the Lord did not come. It does not necessarily mean next year.

Example he may come in Dec 2012 even though you saw a rainbow in January 2012. The year the lord might come could start in April and go to the next April.

gardenerof12
captain of 10

Post by gardenerof12 »

We saw a rainbow last week and I thought, "We will be able to plant and harvest this year. I just hope it is a better harvest than last year!"

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Saw one today. Makes me happy because I've been busy planting lately. :)

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

33 million + views on YouTube cannot be wrong...

It's good to be in touch with your emotions, but....too much of a good thing? :D

awar_e
captain of 100

Post by awar_e »

scottja wrote:I take it that if I see a rainbow, I have time to plant that season's crops and I will be able to harvest them.
I don't consider it good for a calendar year nor a 356 day year, only for the crop season.
That is also my understanding of what I have read.

DOZ
captain of 100

Post by DOZ »

lollll...very emotional man :D and the rainbow is beautiful :)

scottja
captain of 100

Post by scottja »

Saw a rainbow yesterday, Sunday the 3rd Feb, 2013. Chandler Arizona, looking North East, over 4 Peaks.
Getting ready to plant my garden next week.

heartsongs
captain of 100

Post by heartsongs »

Big double rainbow this evening. Well, the Lord will not come this year! We shall still have planting and harvest time, and hopefully some measure of at least minimal prosperity, that is, according to the prophecy. :D

Charley
captain of 50

Post by Charley »

Large rainbow to the East of us about two days ago. We were under tornado watches and warnings. Had been raining off/on all day and was dark all day. All of a sudden the sun shown through, a light rain was falling and this large beautiful rainbow appeared. Have since read an email from someone that lives on the other side of town, that when the sun came out, rain came and rainbow appeared is when a tornado struck within a couple miles of her. No one was injured, well... a cow died after a tree fell on it, parts of a cemetery torn up, an 1836 church torn down to foundation and a rural business blown apart. We are in SE, KS.

Melissa
captain of 1,000

Post by Melissa »

heartsongs wrote:Big double rainbow this evening. Well, the Lord will not come this year! We shall still have planting and harvest time, and hopefully some measure of at least minimal prosperity, that is, according to the prophecy. :D
When does the year start? If it is indeed a year instead of the season - like the other poster mentioned.
Is it a Jewish year? Doesn't that start at Passover? Or am I wrong?

heartsongs
captain of 100

Post by heartsongs »

Melissa wrote:
heartsongs wrote:Big double rainbow this evening. Well, the Lord will not come this year! We shall still have planting and harvest time, and hopefully some measure of at least minimal prosperity, that is, according to the prophecy. :D
When does the year start? If it is indeed a year instead of the season - like the other poster mentioned.
Is it a Jewish year? Doesn't that start at Passover? Or am I wrong?
Melissa,

After having read "A Year With no Rainbow" I believe it is a literal year and not just a season.

[Statement #1]
I have asked the Lord concerning His coming, and while asking the Lord, He said, 'In the days of Noah I set a bow in the heavens as a sign and token, that in any year that he bow should be seen, the Lord would not come, but there should be seed time and harvest during that year; but whenever you see the bow withdrawn, it shall be a token that there shall be famine, pestilence and great distress among the nations, and that the coming of the Messiah is not far distant. (Joseph Smith, Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p.340-341)

[Statement #2]
While inquiring of the Lord concerning the end of time, it was made known to me by the Holy Spirit that there would be prosperity, seed time and harvest every year in which the rainbow was seen. For to that was Noah referred as a surety on this subject. But, in the year when the bow was not to be seen would commence desolation, calamity and distress among the nations, without seed time or harvest. (Kent P. Jackson, Joseph Smith's Commentary on the Bible, p.112

Lord comes in a year with no rainbow.

One of the most basic and rudimentary conclusions we can draw from statement #1 is that the Lord will come in a year with no rainbow. We learn that in any year that the bow should be seen, the Lord would not come. So, conversely, in a year with no rainbow the Lord will come.

We learn from Statement #2 that there should be prosperity, seed time and harvest every year in which the rainbow is seen. This is confirmed in statement one where it says that in any year that the bow should be seen the Lord would not come, but, there should be seed time and harvest during that year.

So far the years we have experienced up to this point have been relatively prosperous when compared to the year when the Lord comes. this however will change once "the sign and token" of the rainbow is withdrawn.

~All events happen in the same year~

Another conclusion that may be drawn is that these events all occur within the same year. In statement 2 we learn that "in the year when the bow was not to be seen would commence desolation, calamity, and distress among the nations without seed time or harvest" so these events commence in that year. Then in statement one we are told that whenever you see the bow withdrawn it shall be a token that there shall be famine, pestilence, and great distress among the nations, and that the coming of the Messiah is not far distant.

[Statement #3]
From the Joseph Smith commentary on the Bible we read: So long as we see the bow in the cloud, seed time and harvest shall continue that year. When the bow shall cease, then shall come famine, wars and so forth, after which the sign of the Son of Man shall be seen in heaven. (ibid)

So, what kind of year will this be?
We already live in tumultuous times, but, apparently, the months leading up the Lord's appearance will be especially trying for the inhabitants of planet earth. The conditions will be such that planting and harvesting will not be an option. It will be a time of famine, pestilence, and great distress among the nations. So you are talking from before the spring time until into the fall.

~Sign of the Son of Man~
In statement #3 we are told that "When the bow shall cease, then shall come famine, wars, and so forth, after which the sign of the Son of Man shall be seen in heaven. So, the sign of the Son of Man will occur in this same year and apparently does not precede the Lord's actual appearance by much.

That year may look something like this:
In the beginning of the year and preceding seed time there will be no rainbow, thus the sign or token is given. This sign is confirmed in the first part of the year. Then something happens to interfere with the normal season of planting. From the prophets statements on the rainbow above we know that we will see famine, pestilence and great distress among the nations. Desolation, calamity and distress among the nations and famine, wars and so forth.

Look at the sequence found in D&C 29:14-21 which describes the year mentioned above.

14 But, behold, I say unto you that before this great day shall come the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall be turned into blood, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and there shall be greater signs in heaven above and in the earth beneath;

15 And there shall be weeping and wailing among the hosts of men;

16 And there shall be a great hailstorm sent forth to destroy the crops of the earth.

17 And it shall come to pass, because of the wickedness of the world, that I will take vengeance upon the wicked, for they will not repent; for the cup of mine indignation is full; for behold, my blood shall not cleanse them if they hear me not.

18 Wherefore, I the Lord God will send forth flies upon the face of the earth, which shall take hold of the inhabitants thereof, and shall eat their flesh, and shall cause maggots to come in upon them;

19 And their tongues shall be stayed that they shall not utter against me; and their flesh shall fall from off their bones, and their eyes from their sockets;

20 And it shall come to pass that the beasts of the forest and the fowls of the air shall devour them up.

21 And the great and aabominable church, which is the bwhore of all the earth, shall be cast down by cdevouring fire, according as it is spoken by the mouth of Ezekiel the prophet, who spoke of these things, which have not come to pass but surely dmust, as I live, for eabominations shall not reign.

These versus paint a partial picture of the destruction that will take place before Christ appears at AOA. It is known as the Abomination of Desolation or destruction of the wicked just before the 2nd coming.

Melissa, to have a far better understanding of all of the above and more I suggest you read the following "free" book.
The link to download the free PDF version is at the end. Of course the writer originally thought that issues with the L.A. temple in 2008 following the Prop 8 stuff was the given sign to start the 42 month countdown, the time table is a bit off, but, I believe in my opinion, that the rest of what he says is about spot on. I do believe we will have the sign, it just wasn't that particular temple incident. However the dedicatory prayer for the SLC does speak of a day when we cannot use the temple.

Anyway, here is the link for the book. It is very much worth the read and makes things a whole more clear than what I can do.
(all of the above information was taken from his book "A Year With No Rainbow" Chapters 4 and 5. You also need to read the whole book to gain a clear understanding of what is being said as all the chapters tie into one another.

http://www.ayearwithnorainbow.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, here is a link to the video he does for his timeline:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1fNTdxI1Jg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S33D8r_SDGA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfTuWPcWpQM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVXYKk5-aU0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D

scottja
captain of 100

Post by scottja »

Saw a beautiful rainbow in the morning yesterday over Tempe on my drive in to work.

globule
captain of 50

Post by globule »

We won't be able to see a rainbow when the sun is darkened. Could that mean the sun will be darkened for a whole year? If that were the case, then calamity, panic, failure of seed time and harvest would be widespread. The Lord's coming would need to happen right away or we would all be dead men indeed. I don't know what that darkening would be. Dust? The earth actually moving out of the solar system? Or something large moving into position to block the sun, an eclipse that lasts more than a few moments.

My mind has always made a connection between these two prophetic events, the no rainbow and the sun being darkened. How else can there be no rainbows on the whole earth for such a period?

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

globule wrote: How else can there be no rainbows on the whole earth for such a period?
As was said above, enough volcanic dust in the upper atmosphere can prevent rainbows. Rainbows only happen when there is rain and partly cloudy skies so raindrops can refract sunlight. Rainbows don't happen when skies are completely overcast. They don't happen when it doesn't rain. And they don't happen when precipitation falls in the form of hail or snow.

If the Earth was moved away from the Sun, even just as far as the orbit of Mars, it would have a devastating impact on life and most of humanity would die off, if not all of humanity. There are prophecies of the heavens being rolled up like a scroll and at the Second Coming I expect a brief transport from our current location back to where the Earth was before the fall, but if the Sun doesn't accompany us on that journey it will have to be very fast.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

http://spaceweathergallery.com/indiv_up ... kfndon9nl2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

That's cool, SmallFarm. It looks like a planet rising up over the horizon.