It's the end of the world as we know it!

Discuss political news items / current events.
Strawberry
captain of 100

It's the end of the world as we know it!

Post by Strawberry »

Just a heads up. My friends Kellene (http://www.preparednesspro.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and Scott (http://www.myfreedomrestored.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) will be on a series called Doomsday Preppers airing on National Geographic. Their episode will air Feb. 7th. I think it will be wonderful having members of the church be part of the programing, as well as other preppers. Looks like they had a lot of fun making the series. I look forward to watching it, hope you guys will too!

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/d ... ode-guide/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Re: It's the end of the world as we know it!

Post by Like »

Thanks for the heads up!

I remember Kellene once posted on the forum but I have not seen her around for a while.

This is her profile http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/memberli ... ile&u=1747" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

I have seen the previews. Looks like a show about a bunch of nutjobs. I'm sure I'll love it.

serenitylala
captain of 100

Post by serenitylala »

I was asked to be on the series, but the producer wanted me to lie on television and do things that I wouldn't ever do just for the sake of "entertainment."

He said to me, (and I quote) "I hate to break it you, everyone lies on television. It's what makes the ratings. So are you going to work with me or not? You can lie like everyone else."

He was nice, they all were, but I turned them down. I was supposed to film on dec 13th and 14th, but canceled the shooting.

So most of what the "nut jobs" say is what the producer tells them to. He wants ratings. :D

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

serenitylala wrote:I was asked to be on the series, but the producer wanted me to lie on television and do things that I wouldn't ever do just for the sake of "entertainment."

He said to me, (and I quote) "I hate to break it you, everyone lies on television. It's what makes the ratings. So are you going to work with me or not? You can lie like everyone else."

He was nice, they all were, but I turned them down. I was supposed to film on dec 13th and 14th, but canceled the shooting.

So most of what the "nut jobs" say is what the producer tells them to. He wants ratings. :D
I didn't mean nutjob in a bad way. I am just as big a nutjob as anyone.

serenitylala
captain of 100

Post by serenitylala »

LOL. I didn't take it wrong at all. I like the nut job thing.. it reminds me of the dating circuit. When you shake the tree of love, you always get hit by the nuts first before the real fruit falls out. ;) lol

DrJay
captain of 100

Post by DrJay »

Even then the real fruit is probably rotten. The good stuff needs to be picked carefully.

serenitylala
captain of 100

Post by serenitylala »

DrJay wrote:Even then the real fruit is probably rotten. The good stuff needs to be picked carefully.

:)) =)) :)) =)) :)) =))

Did I mention how much I love your posts?!! :D

Digitali
captain of 10

Post by Digitali »

What kinds of things we're they asking you to lie about or do? Just curious if you have some examples.
serenitylala wrote:I was asked to be on the series, but the producer wanted me to lie on television and do things that I wouldn't ever do just for the sake of "entertainment."

serenitylala
captain of 100

Post by serenitylala »

Digitali wrote:What kinds of things we're they asking you to lie about or do? Just curious if you have some examples.

Wear mini skirts. Show a little cleavage. To perform other tasks that I would never be caught dead doing.

Say that I believe that an 8.0 earthquake will hit utah and destroy everything but me and my family, because "we are so prepared."

To describe some natural disaster that is completely absurd and false and describe a plague that is medically impossible.

Those are just a few of the things. But he was nice.

I'm a doctor. I told them that openly lying would ruin my career and my career was more important than a TV show.

serenitylala
captain of 100

Post by serenitylala »

No, I take that back. He only wanted me to come up with some big over the top disaster of sorts.

But his field producer wanted me to do the rest of that stuff. So technically it was her not him that turned me off from the show.

Digitali
captain of 10

Post by Digitali »

Good for you for not giving in as so many folks think it's no big deal. You can hardly trust anyone these days to even tell the truth.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Lol, for all the heck we give the mainstream media about lying, I've found out that often it's a lot of this type of thing, plus incompetence.

I've been on TV a few times (nothing big) and in the newspaper a few times. I was represented well once. I thought we were filming a commercial (and we were!) but at the very end I figured out it was canned news!! That was an awakening! I really think many reporters (the newspaper) were about people and not facts and accuracy--how can you take a two--minute interview and get it all wrong?? Sheesh...

serenitylala
captain of 100

Post by serenitylala »

It's all abt entertainment. "anything you say can and will be used against you..."

DrJay
captain of 100

Post by DrJay »

serenitylala wrote:
DrJay wrote:Even then the real fruit is probably rotten. The good stuff needs to be picked carefully.

:)) =)) :)) =)) :)) =))

Did I mention how much I love your posts?!! :D
Thank you, yours really lift my soul at times.