Sequence of Last Days Events

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
durangout
captain of 1,000

Sequence of Last Days Events

Post by durangout »

Hey Guys:

I'm working on some sequencing of last days events. I was hoping for some opinions (hard to find an opinion around here , I know ;) The two events I'm considering are the Sign of The Son of Man and the Saints being "caught up". Are both of those events to hapopen immediately before Armageddon?

Gideon
captain of 100

Re: Sequence of Last Days Events

Post by Gideon »

durangout wrote:Hey Guys:

I'm working on some sequencing of last days events. I was hoping for some opinions (hard to find an opinion around here , I know ;) The two events I'm considering are the Sign of The Son of Man and the Saints being "caught up". Are both of those events to hapopen immediately before Armageddon?
The saints being caught up to meet Christ is the very last thing before he descends:

95 And there shall be silence in heaven for the space of half an hour; and immediately after shall the curtain of heaven be unfolded, as a scroll is unfolded after it is rolled up, and the face of the Lord shall be unveiled;
96 And the saints that are upon the earth, who are alive, shall be quickened and be caught up to meet him.
97 And they who have slept in their graves shall come forth, for their graves shall be opened; and they also shall be caught up to meet him in the midst of the pillar of heaven—
98 They are Christ’s, the first fruits, they who shall descend with him first, and they who are on the earth and in their graves, who are first caught up to meet him; and all this by the voice of the sounding of the trump of the angel of God.
(Doctrine and Covenants 88:95–98‎)‎

DrJay
captain of 100

Post by DrJay »

When I read "shall be quickened and caught up to meet him", I initially get the traditional "rapture" type of feeling, but as I continue to dwell upon the subject, there feels like there is much more to what it means to "be quickened and caught up".

TrojanHorse
captain of 10

Post by TrojanHorse »

I know this has been discussed in other threads, but I'm much more concerned about what few things will happen first. The two events listed above will happen near the end. But what's going to happen next? And what's most concerning to me is what will happen soon.

Here's my stab at a few things that will happen next, without any estimated dates. I have gathered and compiled these from many postings of knowledgeable whistle-blowers, dreams and visions, and from many sources: prophets, members and non-members. But feel free to correct this list if you have evidence or reliable statements, prophecies or scriptures.

1. Warnings: Earthquakes, Tsunami's, Hurricanes, etc., will continue to increase
2. War: first staring in the middle east but quickly escalating.
3. Worldwide economic failure: Euro, Dollar and then all other currencies will become basically worthless.
4. Cleansing begins: huge earthquakes affecting Utah, California, and much of the US.
5. Chaos: anarchy, gangs, martial law implemented, government leaders and elite go into hiding.
6. Disease: devastating scourge, pandemic.
7. US attacked: weakened US is attacked by China, Russia and others. Nukes will both fall from missiles and be detonated from the ground, planted in vehicles. Military called home, but many desert.
8. Gathering: during the above, starting before the worst events, the righteous who have prepared will be gathered out from among the wicked/unprepared (wheat/tares); missionaries are called home; gathering is ongoing with surviving refugees.
9. US Government falls, this likely takes a while.
10. New World Order, reigns for 3 1/2 years then also falls.
11. More Destruction: major earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, flooding, and "divine preaching". US geography and coastline undergoes major changes.
12. Adam-ondi-ahman: Christ appears with Adam and all who have held keys; End of cleansing of US
13. Rebuilding begins, gathering begins to New Jerusalem
14. New Jerusalem founded, temple built

There is much more that will happen during and after this. But these upcoming events are what I'm looking and preparing my family for.

DrJay
captain of 100

Post by DrJay »

1 check
2 check
3 has started

The order is subject to a lot of interpretation. For example the gathering in #8 and #13 may be one-in-the-same, along with #14 the founding of NJ. I personally see the gathering to begin before #5 as the NJ is to be a place of refuge. But that is my opinion.

What ever order, we need to start our personal preparations like yesterday.

TrojanHorse
captain of 10

Post by TrojanHorse »

DrJay wrote:The order is subject to a lot of interpretation. For example the gathering in #8 and #13 may be one-in-the-same, along with #14 the founding of NJ. I personally see the gathering to begin before #5 as the NJ is to be a place of refuge. But that is my opinion.
I agree. Many of these take time to accomplish from beginning to end. And many of these overlap, not being a simple sequence. That's why the order is subject to interpretation, and differing points of view. I tried to list them in a reasonable order. And yes, the sifting/gathering begins fairly early in this list, but since it is ongoing throughout the list I put it in the middle.
DrJay wrote:What ever order, we need to start our personal preparations like yesterday.
Hear! Hear! Prepare your family and encourage all who will listen to you to prepare. Those who choose to ignore the many warnings are going to have to suffer along with the rest of the world, at least for a time, and may not be counted worthy to live through these devastating events.

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

DrJay wrote:When I read "shall be quickened and caught up to meet him", I initially get the traditional "rapture" type of feeling, but as I continue to dwell upon the subject, there feels like there is much more to what it means to "be quickened and caught up".
What you suggest "feels right" to me.

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

DrJay wrote:1 check
2 check
3 has started

The order is subject to a lot of interpretation. For example the gathering in #8 and #13 may be one-in-the-same, along with #14 the founding of NJ. I personally see the gathering to begin before #5 as the NJ is to be a place of refuge. But that is my opinion.

What ever order, we need to start our personal preparations like yesterday.

Well said my friend. :ymapplause:

Rand
captain of 1,000

Post by Rand »

TrojanHorse wrote:I know this has been discussed in other threads, but I'm much more concerned about what few things will happen first. The two events listed above will happen near the end. But what's going to happen next? And what's most concerning to me is what will happen soon.

Here's my stab at a few things that will happen next, without any estimated dates. I have gathered and compiled these from many postings of knowledgeable whistle-blowers, dreams and visions, and from many sources: prophets, members and non-members. But feel free to correct this list if you have evidence or reliable statements, prophecies or scriptures.

1. Warnings: Earthquakes, Tsunami's, Hurricanes, etc., will continue to increase
2. War: first staring in the middle east but quickly escalating.
3. Worldwide economic failure: Euro, Dollar and then all other currencies will become basically worthless.
4. Cleansing begins: huge earthquakes affecting Utah, California, and much of the US.
5. Chaos: anarchy, gangs, martial law implemented, government leaders and elite go into hiding.
6. Disease: devastating scourge, pandemic.
7. US attacked: weakened US is attacked by China, Russia and others. Nukes will both fall from missiles and be detonated from the ground, planted in vehicles. Military called home, but many desert.
8. Gathering: during the above, starting before the worst events, the righteous who have prepared will be gathered out from among the wicked/unprepared (wheat/tares); missionaries are called home; gathering is ongoing with surviving refugees.
9. US Government falls, this likely takes a while.
10. New World Order, reigns for 3 1/2 years then also falls.
11. More Destruction: major earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, flooding, and "divine preaching". US geography and coastline undergoes major changes.
12. Adam-ondi-ahman: Christ appears with Adam and all who have held keys; End of cleansing of US
13. Rebuilding begins, gathering begins to New Jerusalem
14. New Jerusalem founded, temple built

There is much more that will happen during and after this. But these upcoming events are what I'm looking and preparing my family for.
Nice list TrojanHorse. Welcome and thanks for contributing. Well done.

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

(-|
Last edited by LukeAir2008 on March 3rd, 2012, 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

frode
Hi, I'm new.

Post by frode »

Your sequence is in 3 Nephi 21.

C Major
Hi, I'm new.

Post by C Major »

Since President Obama (unqualified, BOTH parents must be citizens) took office, when have we ever had a congress who would pass Major Bills without reading them? Have a president sign it without reading it.?And not allow any discussion from the party not in the majority? What president has appointed Czars who don't have to have congressional approval? What President Mandates that a church must pay for birth control, backs off and mandates that insurance companies must provide Free birth control.? Under the constitution he has not the power. What president complains about having to work with congress, while saying he could do alot more without them.? And how many 'christian' people do you know, who have a muslim name?(my pet peeve, sorry) How many countries have a TSA security that will "Pat you down" randomly or do you prefer having a naked body scanner look thru your clothes. Every phone, cell phone call, e-mail, fax, web search is recorded and analysis made of your activities. All of that info will be stored at Camp Williams' new super secret data storage center. The latest invasion of privacy was senate bill 1867 Defense Authorization that effectivly eliminates "The Bill of Rights" by allowing the military to arrest citizens and detain them indefinitly with or without cause. Reduce our nuclear missiles to 300, reduce the military overall.
The next step is to Crash or devalue the dollar, which according to Joseph Smith will start the 2nd Civil war, at which time the President can call Martial Law and Replace the constitution with the "New World Order Constitution" which he has been laying the foundation for since he took office. By all acounts we have been living in the early days of the New World Order.
So I'd say we're in #10. and 3 1/2 years will be up in June sometime. Just my guess.