Next Mega-quake?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
ktg
captain of 100

Next Mega-quake?

Post by ktg »

22 February 2010
8.8 Chile

188 days later
3 September 2010
7.0 New Zealand

189 days later
March 11, 2010
9.0 Japan

188 days later
15 September 2011
7.3 Fiji

189 days later
March 22, 2012
MEGAQUAKE???

PunaGabe
captain of 100

Re: Next Mega-quake?

Post by PunaGabe »

We will just have to wait and see what happens.Prepare for the worst PRAY for the best.Cool post thanks. :ymsmug:

Ezekiel
captain of 100

Post by Ezekiel »

Yeah I believe the best thing is to be prepared (spiritually and temporally) and be prepared to help thy neighbours. I think 2012 could prove to be interesting.

Nan
captain of 1,000

Post by Nan »

I really hate it when people post deadlines for when things are supposed to happen. In all the years I have been here, not one of them has happened.

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

Nan wrote:I really hate it when people post deadlines for when things are supposed to happen. In all the years I have been here, not one of them has happened.
Love your post. =))

ktg
captain of 100

Post by ktg »

Nan wrote:I really hate it when people post deadlines for when things are supposed to happen. In all the years I have been here, not one of them has happened.
Yet you still felt compelled to post in the thread. Interesting.

BTW, there were no deadlines or predictions posted. Only a potential pattern. I assume you don't consider it interesting that those 4 major quakes have been 188-189 days apart. What are the odds of that?

LateOutOfBed
captain of 100

Post by LateOutOfBed »

ktg wrote:
BTW, there were no deadlines or predictions posted. Only a potential pattern. I assume you don't consider it interesting that those 4 major quakes have been 188-189 days apart. What are the odds of that?
About as good as the odds the Twin Towers and Building 7 fell due to fire?'

-- Geoff

Rand
captain of 1,000

Post by Rand »

Nan, it just inspires me to keep praying they make more predictions. :)

Nan
captain of 1,000

Post by Nan »

ktg wrote:
Yet you still felt compelled to post in the thread. Interesting.

But how many other earthquakes happened during those times. How strong were they? Or are people only using the ones that fit the pattern they want to show.

suspense
captain of 10

Post by suspense »

There was a 7.2 off of Sumatra on January 10, 2012, you left this one off of your list. Also 7.1 in New Guinea on 12/14/2011, 7.1 in Turkey 10/23/2011, 7.4 Kermadec Islands 10/21/2011. Quite a few 7.0+ quakes in 2011 and 2010 if you care to look them up on USGS site.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Oh those pesky facts that get in the way all the time.

AGalagaChiasmus
captain of 100

Post by AGalagaChiasmus »

gkearney wrote:Oh those pesky facts that get in the way all the time.
:))

DrJay
captain of 100

Post by DrJay »

There are hundreds of earthquakes across the globe every day.

By choosing our data points we can arrive at an unlimited number of faulty conclusions. The government has specialized in this method of reporting.

That said, there is an interesting general trend in both frequency and magnitude which supports something major could very well be on its way in the short term future.

icebiker
captain of 10

Post by icebiker »

DrJay wrote:There are hundreds of earthquakes across the globe every day.

By choosing our data points we can arrive at an unlimited number of faulty conclusions. The government has specialized in this method of reporting.

That said, there is an interesting general trend in both frequency and magnitude which supports something major could very well be on its way in the short term future.
I think it's useful to observe patterns that don't immediately yield a cause. As a software developer, I can get reports from users about errors that don't seem to have a recognizable cause. One instance was of a user that had data missing occasionally. I eventually worked it out that if the system was a bit slow, the user would hit a button twice, which resulted in an unexpected condition that erased the data. From their perspective, and the timing, they likely would have never noticed the correlation.

Computers are simple and straightforward compared to earthquakes, but I believe it's a useful exercise to examine patterns and other variables of the past to forecast future events. There's no reason for us to attempt to forecast an event based on what we can see visibly. Assuming the user saw the correlation, all they could say to other users is "don't hit that button twice." As a programmer, I can tell them why they shouldn't hit it twice, and even attempt to fix it. I would relate that to revelation (not remotely suggesting I'm a god - but it looks like freaky magic to some people :-B ).

Given a pattern like this, I would agree that the data could support the conclusion. I would look to the date, but if nothing happened, I don't think it's a big deal. It just means we learned something new. Similar to what ktg mentioned, I don't see an attempt at prophecy, but more an attempt at understanding, and perhaps an opportunity to better prepare.

DrJay
captain of 100

Post by DrJay »

I too am a software developer, started out in '78 with my first commercial job. I can't count how many times I've "fixed" code that later turned out not to be the problem at all. (oops) What I was trying to imply that we should use as many facts as possible in our assessment. If we ignore facts so as to be able to "see" a pattern, we may be missing an even greater vision.

I do agree and phrophecy seems to support it that some major earthquakes are coming. I also encourage each of us to look at what is happening around us, so that we can realize how perilous the times really are. We need to prepare now.