What we might expect in the next 25 years - W. Cleon Skousen

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Lamoni'sBFF
captain of 100

Re: What we might expect in the next 25 years - W. Cleon Skousen

Post by Lamoni'sBFF »

Oldemandalton,
IMHO I think that is a misconception that the two prophets will be members of our church. I think that it is much more likely that they will be prophets from among the Jews for the Jews.

ShawnC
Minion

Post by ShawnC »

Lamoni'sBFF wrote:Oldemandalton,
IMHO I think that is a misconception that the two prophets will be members of our church. I think that it is much more likely that they will be prophets from among the Jews for the Jews.

Agreed. I believe it is said that they are two prophets "raised up unto the jewish nation" or something along those lines?

Shawn

Oldemandalton
captain of 1,000

Post by Oldemandalton »

Here are a few quotes that support my theory that the 2 prophets will be LDS Apostles. I’ll be able to find some more when I can get to my library at home. :)
Elder Bruce R. McConkie: "And these two shall be followers of that humble man, Joseph Smith, through whom the Lord of Heaven restored the fulness of his everlasting gospel in this final dispensation of grace. No doubt they will be members of the Council of the Twelve or of the First Presidency of the Church. Their prophetic ministry to rebellious Jewry shall be the same in length as was our Lord's personal ministry among their rebellious forebears." (DNTC, 3:510-511)
"Two prophets will be raised up unto (not from) the Jewish nation after the gathering. (See Isa. 51:17–20; Zech. 4:11–14.) More is given on the mission of these two prophets in Rev. 11:1–14." Brent Bulloch, “I Have a Question,” Ensign, Dec. 1981, 58–60
Brent Bulloch was the director of college curriculum, Church Educational System.
No Jewish leader will know how to save the people from their predicament, but the Lord will raise up two mighty prophets who will use the power of the priesthood to stop the hosts of the gentiles. Nevertheless, the gentiles will eventually break through and kill these two prophets. W. Cleon Skousen, “The Old Testament Speaks Today,” Ensign, Dec 1972, 79
A Student Still Learning :)
Old Man Dalton

lamanite_mormonGirl
captain of 100

Post by lamanite_mormonGirl »

Oldemandalton wrote:Here are a few quotes that support my theory that the 2 prophets will be LDS Apostles. I’ll be able to find some more when I can get to my library at home. :)
Elder Bruce R. McConkie: "And these two shall be followers of that humble man, Joseph Smith, through whom the Lord of Heaven restored the fulness of his everlasting gospel in this final dispensation of grace. No doubt they will be members of the Council of the Twelve or of the First Presidency of the Church. Their prophetic ministry to rebellious Jewry shall be the same in length as was our Lord's personal ministry among their rebellious forebears." (DNTC, 3:510-511)
"Two prophets will be raised up unto (not from) the Jewish nation after the gathering. (See Isa. 51:17–20; Zech. 4:11–14.) More is given on the mission of these two prophets in Rev. 11:1–14." Brent Bulloch, “I Have a Question,” Ensign, Dec. 1981, 58–60
Brent Bulloch was the director of college curriculum, Church Educational System.
No Jewish leader will know how to save the people from their predicament, but the Lord will raise up two mighty prophets who will use the power of the priesthood to stop the hosts of the gentiles. Nevertheless, the gentiles will eventually break through and kill these two prophets. W. Cleon Skousen, “The Old Testament Speaks Today,” Ensign, Dec 1972, 79
A Student Still Learning :)
Old Man Dalton

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm terrible at speaking of the cuff without the actual quotes to back it up. I've heard that the first presidency as well as the quorum of the twelve apostles are set apart as prophets, so that it could be a couple of the twelve that get sent to Israel.

Janne
Hi, I'm new.

Re: What we might expect in the next 25 years - W. Cleon Sko

Post by Janne »

LukeAir--Regarding your comment on Boyd K Packer stating Europe and the US were no longer Christian nations. A book called "America Alone" describes the demographics of Europe and the US. The author, Mark Steyn--if I remember correctly--points out how the birthrate in Europe has already transformed those nations into over 50% Muslim populations. Christianity in the US has been falling at a slower rate due to ethnic changes, but has been falling more to an increased number of citizens disavowing a Christian philosophy. From my viewpoint, it appears there is a resurgence of Christian interest of late, but whether the percentages are there or not--I do not know.

DrJay
captain of 100

Post by DrJay »

lamanite_mormonGirl wrote:
Oldemandalton wrote:Here are a few quotes that support my theory that the 2 prophets will be LDS Apostles. I’ll be able to find some more when I can get to my library at home. :)

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm terrible at speaking of the cuff without the actual quotes to back it up. I've heard that the first presidency as well as the quorum of the twelve apostles are set apart as prophets, so that it could be a couple of the twelve that get sent to Israel.
I would be surprised if these two prophets are LDS Apostles and/or in the first presidency.

7cylon7
captain of 1,000

Post by 7cylon7 »

I would not be surprised if the two Apostles were sent. It makes perfect sense. Of course they will need some aids to help them. Would you volunteer to go with them as their aid?

I would.

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

DrJay wrote:
lamanite_mormonGirl wrote:

I would be surprised if these two prophets are LDS Apostles and/or in the first presidency.
Why DrJ? Who / what do you think the 2 witnesses are?

Thanks.

Lamoni'sBFF
captain of 100

Post by Lamoni'sBFF »

Two Jews. There are places where the Lord has said he raises up prophets among his other peoples.

slamarwi
Hi, I'm new.

Post by slamarwi »

We are still in the sixth period. Here is my rationale.

Necessary Signs of the Sixth Seal

1. Worldwide Earthquake
2. Mountains and Islands moved out of their places
3. Darkened Sun – imagine smoke, ash or other air pollutants
4. The Reddening Moon – probably same as number 3
5. A sign will be seen in the heavens. Some will say it’s a comet, others a planet but all will see
6. Stars falling or appear to fall
7. The heavens rolling up like a scroll – Our heavenly position is possibly altered
8. Universal Consternation/Confusion of Man

These events are meant to startle and severely warn all inhabitants of the earth. We will be shaken temporally and (hopefully) spiritually into repentance. During this time of great chaos, economic and political turmoil will occur. This is likely the point where the priesthood steps in and rescues the United States.

Timing: These trials happen just the moment prior to the opening of the Seventh Seal. Once complete, the band of the seventh seal is broken and the millennium begins with silence in heaven for the space of a half hour.

This silence in heaven represents the calm before the angels sound their trumpets and allow the real calamities to begin. The silence upon the earth occurs due to the frightening devastation experienced at the end of the 6th period. It does not however mean widespread peace or righteousness. In fact, the inhabitants of the world harden their hearts and become more wicked, signaling the Lord that it is time to call upon the Angels to begin their appointed tasks.

This period of silence is a blessing for the righteous allowing the gospel to be preached, temple ordinances completed and preparations made for the real tribulations to come. It is at this point we must trust in the Lord for the miracles that will be shown to the righteous.

Once the trumpets sound (2030ish)… preparation time is over.

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

Their nationality or race is irrelevant. Whoever they are they will be Authorized Prophets and Apostles and members of the Lords church who have been baptized, confirmed and endowed.

To have power to call fire down from heaven you must have the same power and authority as Elijah had.

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

7cylon7 wrote:I would not be surprised if the two Apostles were sent. It makes perfect sense. Of course they will need some aids to help them. Would you volunteer to go with them as their aid?

I would.
Well volunteered. You'd better start preparing to die now. No skeletons in the closet if you know what I mean. :ymapplause:

Lamoni'sBFF
captain of 100

Post by Lamoni'sBFF »

LukeAir2008 wrote:Their nationality or race is irrelevant. Whoever they are they will be Authorized Prophets and Apostles and members of the Lords church who have been baptized, confirmed and endowed.

To have power to call fire down from heaven you must have the same power and authority as Elijah had.
Other than your logic on this do you have any references for this? I am not aware of anything.

If your logic is correct, do you think miracles can only be performed by people who hold the priesthood?

PunaGabe
captain of 100

Post by PunaGabe »

Right on ryanjenny1997 you nailed it.Nice :ymapplause:

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

Lamoni'sBFF wrote:
LukeAir2008 wrote:Their nationality or race is irrelevant. Whoever they are they will be Authorized Prophets and Apostles and members of the Lords church who have been baptized, confirmed and endowed.

Other than your logic on this do you have any references for this? I am not aware of anything.

If your logic is correct, do you think miracles can only be performed by people who hold the priesthood?
http://institute.lds.org/manuals/old-te ... r-ez-I.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
John the Revelator gave the most detailed picture of these two participants. They are called the “two witnesses,” the “two olive trees” and the “two candlesticks” ( Revelation 11:3–4 ). Latter-day revelation teaches that they are “two prophets . . . raised up to the Jewish nation” who will “prophesy to [them] after they are gathered and have built . . . Jerusalem” ( D&C 77:15 ).

Elder Bruce R. McConkie wrote:

“These two shall be followers of that humble man, Joseph Smith, through whom the Lord of Heaven restored the fulness of his everlasting gospel in this final dispensation of grace. No doubt they will be members of the Council of the Twelve or of the First Presidency of the Church. Their prophetic ministry to rebellious Jewry shall be the same in length as was our Lord’s personal ministry among their rebellious forebears.

“The two olive trees, and the two candlesticks [are] symbols of the two witnesses; meaning, perhaps, that as olive trees, they shall provide oil for the lamps of those who go forth to meet the Bridegroom; . . . and that as lamp stands they shall reflect to men that light which comes from Him who is the Light of the World.” ( Doctrinal New Testament Commentary, 3:509–10.)

These prophets will have power to pronounce great judgments upon the earth (see Revelation 11:5–6 ).

“They shall have power like Elijah who called down fire from heaven to consume his enemies, and who sealed the heavens that it rained not in all Israel for the space of three and a half years ( 1 Kings 17 and 18 ; 2 Kings 1 ), and like Moses by whose word blood and plagues lay heavily upon the Egyptians. ( Ex. 7 , 8 , 9 , and 10 .)” (McConkie, Doctrinal New Testament Commentary, 3:510.)

Their miraculous power seems to be the force preventing Gog and his army from succeeding in annihilating Israel. Elder Parley P. Pratt wrote: “John, in the eleventh chapter of Revelation , gives us many more particulars concerning this same event. He informs us that after the city and temple are rebuilt by the Jews, the Gentiles will tread it under foot forty and two months, during which time there will be two prophets continually prophesying and working mighty miracles. And it seems that the Gentile army shall be hindered from utterly destroying and overthrowing the city, while these two prophets continue.” ( A Voice of Warning, p. 33.)

Isaiah called these prophets “two sons” and said they were the only hope of deliverance for Israel because they would be “full of the fury of the Lord” (JST, Isaiah 51:19–20 ; see also JST, Isaiah 51:17–18 ). (Old Testament Student Manual, Enrichment I)

Lamoni'sBFF
captain of 100

Post by Lamoni'sBFF »

LukeAir2008 wrote:
Lamoni'sBFF wrote:

http://institute.lds.org/manuals/old-te ... r-ez-I.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
John the Revelator gave the most detailed picture of these two participants. They are called the “two witnesses,” the “two olive trees” and the “two candlesticks” ( Revelation 11:3–4 ). Latter-day revelation teaches that they are “two prophets . . . raised up to the Jewish nation” who will “prophesy to [them] after they are gathered and have built . . . Jerusalem” ( D&C 77:15 ).

Elder Bruce R. McConkie wrote:

“These two shall be followers of that humble man, Joseph Smith, through whom the Lord of Heaven restored the fulness of his everlasting gospel in this final dispensation of grace. No doubt they will be members of the Council of the Twelve or of the First Presidency of the Church. Their prophetic ministry to rebellious Jewry shall be the same in length as was our Lord’s personal ministry among their rebellious forebears.

“The two olive trees, and the two candlesticks [are] symbols of the two witnesses; meaning, perhaps, that as olive trees, they shall provide oil for the lamps of those who go forth to meet the Bridegroom; . . . and that as lamp stands they shall reflect to men that light which comes from Him who is the Light of the World.” ( Doctrinal New Testament Commentary, 3:509–10.)

These prophets will have power to pronounce great judgments upon the earth (see Revelation 11:5–6 ).

“They shall have power like Elijah who called down fire from heaven to consume his enemies, and who sealed the heavens that it rained not in all Israel for the space of three and a half years ( 1 Kings 17 and 18 ; 2 Kings 1 ), and like Moses by whose word blood and plagues lay heavily upon the Egyptians. ( Ex. 7 , 8 , 9 , and 10 .)” (McConkie, Doctrinal New Testament Commentary, 3:510.)

Their miraculous power seems to be the force preventing Gog and his army from succeeding in annihilating Israel. Elder Parley P. Pratt wrote: “John, in the eleventh chapter of Revelation , gives us many more particulars concerning this same event. He informs us that after the city and temple are rebuilt by the Jews, the Gentiles will tread it under foot forty and two months, during which time there will be two prophets continually prophesying and working mighty miracles. And it seems that the Gentile army shall be hindered from utterly destroying and overthrowing the city, while these two prophets continue.” ( A Voice of Warning, p. 33.)

Isaiah called these prophets “two sons” and said they were the only hope of deliverance for Israel because they would be “full of the fury of the Lord” (JST, Isaiah 51:19–20 ; see also JST, Isaiah 51:17–18 ). (Old Testament Student Manual, Enrichment I)
Thanks for supplying that. I don't always agree w/ BRM on everything, but I can't say nobody said that anymore.

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

Lamoni'sBFF wrote:Thanks for supplying that. I don't always agree w/ BRM on everything, but I can't say nobody said that anymore.
I don't think BRM always got it right but I think this one is probably a no brainer.

Im curious as to how you think God will raise up two Prophets who arent any of the Fifteen Prophets, Seers and Revelators or even members of the Lord's Church.

Lamoni'sBFF
captain of 100

Post by Lamoni'sBFF »

LukeAir2008 wrote:
Lamoni'sBFF wrote:Thanks for supplying that. I don't always agree w/ BRM on everything, but I can't say nobody said that anymore.
I don't think BRM always got it right but I think this one is probably a no brainer.

Im curious as to how you think God will raise up two Prophets who arent any of the Fifteen Prophets, Seers and Revelators or even members of the Lord's Church.
To me it seems more likely that God will raise up two Jews from within his other chosen people to help them be the great nation they are to be rather than having them all follow two LDS apostles. With the way the Lord usually does things, the former seems more in line than the latter. Also, this is the time that the Americas are sealed off I believe.

Still Learning
captain of 100

Post by Still Learning »

Lamoni'sBFF wrote:
LukeAir2008 wrote:

To me it seems more likely that God will raise up two Jews from within his other chosen people to help them be the great nation they are to be rather than having them all follow two LDS apostles. With the way the Lord usually does things, the former seems more in line than the latter. Also, this is the time that the Americas are sealed off I believe.
I wouldn't rule out the possibility that the two prophets would be born and raised in Jerusalem. Obviously they would be ordained from on high, so I have also assumed that if they weren't part of the quorum of twelve or first presidency that they would still hold the priesthood, possibly ordained as Joseph Smith was...via angelic messengers. Or perhaps by the current living prophet. Then again, maybe BRM is right. I wonder if we will even know about their ministry when it happens. If we are cut off, we may not know of them...except perhaps if revealed to our leaders here in America.

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

We have to remember that the gospel will be taken to the Jews after the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled and also the Ten Tribes will come forth from their hiding place to receive their blessings at the hands of Ephriam and from each of the 12 tribes 12000 missionaries will be chosen to go out into the world to proclaim the gospel one last time.

The future will be very different from what most people imagine...

Seth
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Seth »

Some of you have been wondering if calamities such as the moon turning to blood and the sun turning to darkness have occurred or not. I came across this conference talk recently by Pres. Hinckley that he gave in October 2001 and thought I would share: "The vision of Joel has been fulfilled wherein he declared:

“And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

“And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

“And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come.

“And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call” (Joel 2:28–32).

What do you think?

Seth
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Seth »

I forgot to post the link: http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2 ... s?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sonofliberty
captain of 100

Post by sonofliberty »

guthrie wrote:I forgot to post the link: http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2 ... s?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for sharing guthrie!

David Cassani
captain of 10

Post by David Cassani »

This work started to come to me in the year 2000 in a powerful way, yet back on my mission to Washington DC, I had received earlier witnesses and I was told of a worldwide work of a man whose name is like the "House of David" to help people return to the simple ways of life (and God) . After 3 days of being taught by the spirit in 2000, I learned of how the work of Elijah connects with our health and a work to feed nations, and beginning neighborhood Councils of 50 for local economies and neighborhood living food production. Please take time to read the economic model given to me and My STORY completely before you comment. This has been unfolding many years line upon line, and talks of layers of meaning of the Living Constitution and local health centers Brother Skousen sometimes refers to. My regards David Cassani (Cassani means House builder or House of David) http://www.simplelivingcenters.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

David Cassani wrote:This work started to come to me in the year 2000 in a powerful way, yet back on my mission to Washington DC, I had received earlier witnesses and I was told of a worldwide work of a man whose name is like the "House of David" to help people return to the simple ways of life (and God) . After 3 days of being taught by the spirit in 2000, I learned of how the work of Elijah connects with our health and a work to feed nations, and beginning neighborhood Councils of 50 for local economies and neighborhood living food production. Please take time to read the economic model given to me and My STORY completely before you comment. This has been unfolding many years line upon line, and talks of layers of meaning of the Living Constitution and local health centers Brother Skousen sometimes refers to. My regards David Cassani (Cassani means House builder or House of David) http://www.simplelivingcenters.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So you say you are the Davidic Servant of the last days? I skimmed over your website. Not feeling the spirit witness to me that I need to do anything listed on the site. Where are the 2 preferably 3 witnesses that will establish what you say?