The Works of Bruce Wydner

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Matthew.B
captain of 100

The Works of Bruce Wydner

Post by Matthew.B »

I know there have been plenty of threads on this in the past, but I haven't seen any recently, so I thought I'd start one on my own.

Is anyone else reading them? Right now I'm working on The Story of Our Law for Little Children which has finally shown me the simple truth as to how and why the Union really was based upon the Gospel of Christ, and why it has had and always will have a crucial role to play in the Union's existence.

Planning on reading Kybernion next, which lays out who truly is the great Whore of the Earth.

Anyone else currently studying these books? I feel, when I read them, that the confusion I have felt when I listened to Babylon's version of our history is swept away and replaced with the Eternal Truth of the matter.

firend
captain of 1,000

Re: The Works of Bruce Wydner

Post by firend »

I have dabbled a little in them. I see them as containing a lot of truth, but not considered scripture. I believe that the gospel did go up North from the middle East. It also became lost. So in these histories there is a lot of truth carried down, but certainly not to be relied on as "thus saith the Lord"

There are to many differences like the United Order from D&C vs their Guilds and things. Both similar, but one is not as good as the other for a Zion society. The Anglo Saxxons had a lot to offer in truth for example, but certainly not enough hense the need for a restoration.

I think reading the Mayan histories one can gleen truth handed down, as well as other civilizations, etc. I think these histories of the North people are known inside Catholic circles as well, deep in their Vatican city, etc

Well worth the research though, and I think Bruce has gifts to bring this history to light, but it is reading histories of the gospel principles handed down imperfectly.

My 2 cents :)

Matthew.B
captain of 100

Post by Matthew.B »

firend wrote:I have dabbled a little in them. I see them as containing a lot of truth, but not considered scripture. I believe that the gospel did go up North from the middle East. It also became lost. So in these histories there is a lot of truth carried down, but certainly not to be relied on as "thus saith the Lord"
True, but I get a very strong feeling, supported by the Spirit, that Wydner's "version" of history is far, far more trustworthy than Babylon's (the World's) version.

And we can't forget that the Book of Mormon itself was an edited compilation of secular history (Nephi's Large Plates). Mormon and Moroni were the inheritors of the history of the Nephites and they were given a specific task to 'distil' from said record the choicest parts and seal them up for our day (a 'Holy Distillation' process, if you will). Except for the writings of the prophets from whence we gain true doctrine, the Holy Records consist of the true history of the Lord's chosen people, as told by inspired, righteous men.
firend wrote:I think reading the Mayan histories one can gleen truth handed down, as well as other civilizations, etc. I think these histories of the North people are known inside Catholic circles as well, deep in their Vatican city, etc
Agreed... I get the feeling that the Great and Abominable Church was in charge of the Catholic church for a time; possibly until its iron grip on Europe started to fade and the Whore escaped like a rat jumps off of a sinking ship.

For me, his works provide a crucial piece of the puzzle of "what's to come" that I've been missing for years. It's clear from the writings and visions of the prophets that the time of transition (from America as a bastion of Babylon to America as the bastion of ZION) that the righteous will have to undergo years of suffering and confusion- especially when the Federal Government falls, Europe and China try to invade, etc. There will be at least two major issues: food and government. This pattern of how men work together by the Law (that traces its history back to Jesus Christ), which I think is the greatest secular gift in existence, would solve the latter issue and greatly help to alleviate the former issue. Plus, it would help us get in the good graces of the Native Americans, who are going to have a field day when the government that oppressed them and stuck them on tiny reservations crumbles and falls.

Glenn
captain of 100

Post by Glenn »

I just finished reading the Kybernion; it was an interesting read to say the least. It was like reading a brief history of the Roman Empire but inverted. The focus was actually on the barbarian tribes like the Visigoths etc and their ancestral/cultural linkings back to the tribes of Israel. He points out some interesting connections that link the monetary control from the Neo-Babylonian empire to the present day. In other words he tires to identify what some describe as "Mystery Babylon". Bruce Wydner makes the case that this common thread of power transcends the identity of individual Empires. In summary, the barbarian tribes at war with Rome were actually remnants of the tribes of Israel in conflict with the statue in Daniels vision. ....The part about the real architects of the Koran/Islam was interesting to say the least. The part about about the "ExilArches" was also intriguing.

I cant say I would agree with everything presented in the Kybernion, but overall he presented some interesting perspectives. The writing style seemed very familiar. Are we sure Bruce Wydner is not our "Darren" :-?

Matthew.B
captain of 100

Post by Matthew.B »

Glenn wrote:The writing style seemed very familiar. Are we sure Bruce Wydner is not our "Darren" :-?
100% sure. I actually had the privelege of talking to Brother Wydner for about half an hour on the phone the other day, and he mentioned Darren in passing.

I think I see the method to the writing style that Bruce employs and, IMO, it's actually a superior writing style to the more common English we see- it allows for more, correct information to be transmitted per sentence and guides the reader by seperating important objects, actions, and ideas from the connecting syntax (although it takes getting used to). After spending a few hours reading Bruce's books, I find myself slipping into that Style sometimes while writing.

RansomWydner
Hi, I'm new.

Post by RansomWydner »

Hello all! My name is Ransom Wydner, I’m Bruce’s son. My dad has had a very difficult year, and requires 24/7 medical attention that his family can’t provide. He’s currently living in an assisted living facility in Utah, following a short hospitalization.

Bruce’s memory is very poor. His brother passed away from Alzheimer’s a few years ago, and his doctor believes he has dementia. I know that he would be touched to know how many people appreciate his work, so if you feel compelled to— please write him a letter.

Bruce turned 84 last week— and while longevity runs in his family, his health is very concerning to my siblings and I. If you feel compelled to share any thoughts with him, please send a letter him at brucewydner2@gmail.com. I’ll make sure he gets it, and help him read it and reply if he’s able to.

Thank you and happy new year!