Reasons NOT to vote for Ron Paul.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
sbsion
captain of 1,000

Re: Reasons NOT to vote for Ron Paul.

Post by sbsion »

Jason wrote:
durangout wrote:
ktg wrote:That seems pretty weak Jason. Do any of the other cadidates say that 911 was an inside job?
RP refutes the 9/11 gov't consiracy therory--that's a fact. He said so in the debates. So I don't understand why so many of you (it seems like all of the 9/11 consiracy supporters support RP here) support him who is in complete opposition to your beliefs about 9/11?
It is ironic is it not.....

right on Jason, this alone would be PROOF enough he hasn't researched on of the most important events of the last decaDE 8-|

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

sbsion wrote:
Jason wrote:
durangout wrote:RP refutes the 9/11 gov't consiracy therory--that's a fact. He said so in the debates. So I don't understand why so many of you (it seems like all of the 9/11 consiracy supporters support RP here) support him who is in complete opposition to your beliefs about 9/11?
It is ironic is it not.....

right on Jason, this alone would be PROOF enough he hasn't researched on of the most important events of the last decaDE 8-|
Or that he's just another politician willing to compromise in order to gain popularity and votes....

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

AllTen wrote:
Nan wrote:His foreign policy is a disaster. And he actually hasn't accomplished anything. He just says all the stuff we like to hear, but doesn't change anything.
Oh yeah, Ron Paul Bears an Empty Pot For Americans
http://www.newsli.com/2007/12/06/presid ... -americans

Good article... :)

wolfman
captain of 100

Post by wolfman »

SpeedRacerLFF - The way I see it since the primaries aren't over yet RP would be competing against other Republicans which does nothing to empower Obama. If RP looses the Primaries all of the RP supporters could use their vote at that point in time to vote for the status quo R which also does nothing to help Obama.

Lundbaek- Not sure if you were being facetious but voting for Romney because he's Mormon is like voting for Obama because he's black. I'm Mormon and I'd make a horrible president. God can inspire anyone he chooses, priesthood holder or not. The founding fathers weren't priesthood holders, the Book of Mormon (and Christopher Columbus himself) implies that CC was inspired.

Someone else on some other thread made a comment about drugs and not supporting Ron Paul. A joint is a beer. I can't see how this country can lock someone up on the sole basis of having something in their possesion that the government says you're not supposed to have. Yet most people getting DUI's won't even do any prison time at all, they pay 1000 fine and they go on their merry way. Try getting a DUI in Europe or Japan and see what happens. The way I see it this country wants a strong police force, I would venture to say at least 90% of crime is drug related so by making pot illegal justifies the establishments strong police force which they intend to use against us. As one said: " Everyone is guilty of something we just haven't found them and put them in jail yet"

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Some very good replies, thank you! This weekend I will read through them more thoroughly including the links and then list them in my first post to keep things organized. Some initial thoughts of mine are--yes, the war in heaven is still waging and we fight with our testimonies (missionary work is still happening), and while I'm not necessarily bearing my testimony about any candidate, my vote to support one who understands and upholds (words AND actions) liberty MUST be the correct choice. What's the point of voting for any candidate who will just bring us more of the status quo regardless of which side of the aisle he/she is on??

I also do not believe in voting for a candidate simply because we share the same religion. I agree the Lord can call and inspire others of different faiths. Our founding fathers are the most obvious examples and THEY are the reason that I can worship as a faithful member of the LDS church (and why anyone else can CHOOSE to worship or not as they choose. Thank you to those who have answered my question/challenge specifically. At this point in time, I am not interested in other candidates, as much as I may respect any number of them (besides, creating threads about reasons NOT to vote for anyone else would be far too easily answered). More thoughts forthcoming.

KOMYU
captain of 100

Post by KOMYU »

This thread seems like the very definition of insanity.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

KOMYU wrote:This thread seems like the very definition of insanity.
They don't call this the LDS Funny Farm for nothing! :D

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

The following reasons for not voting for Ron Paul are, as I stated, reasons given me by other LDSs.

He is not popular and hasn't a chance of winning the GOP primary and is considered something of a joke by most American voters
A vote for Paul is one vote less and badly needed by Romney
He is not presidential material
We desperately need a Priesthood holder as US President
He does not have the business success that Romney has.
Since he is not a Priesthood holder he cannot receive inspiration from the Lord.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

lundbaek wrote:The following reasons for not voting for Ron Paul are, as I stated, reasons given me by other LDSs.

He is not popular and hasn't a chance of winning the GOP primary and is considered something of a joke by most American voters
A vote for Paul is one vote less and badly needed by Romney
He is not presidential material
We desperately need a Priesthood holder as US President
He does not have the business success that Romney has.
Since he is not a Priesthood holder he cannot receive inspiration from the Lord.

We heard you the first time Lundy. Got a bit of that dreaded obsessive compulsive action going on? :ymdevil: I feel your pain Bro. I often repeat things 3 times to the Mrs. and by the 3rd time she is ready to deck me. =p~

KOMYU
captain of 100

Post by KOMYU »

Mark wrote:
Good point!

Good point!

Good point!

There three times Mark, now I fit in!
:D

Nan
captain of 1,000

Post by Nan »

No we shouldn't be in all the conflicts we are in.
But the reality is that we can't go back to isolation. The world doesn't work that way anymore with how fast we can communicate. He has no skills in this area at all. And we know this area is going to get ugly for us eventually.

I just don't see that he has accomplished anything other than made people feel good. I want someone that can get results. I don't feel like he can do that. This is my biggest problems. I like many of his positions but he isn't an effective legislator. I even agree with him on many things. I just don't see him getting anything done and I need that capability in a president.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

KOMYU wrote:
Mark wrote:
Good point!

Good point!

Good point!

There three times Mark, now I fit in!
:D
Blood Brothers! ;)

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

ktg wrote:
durangout wrote: RP refutes the 9/11 gov't consiracy therory--that's a fact. He said so in the debates. So I don't understand why so many of you (it seems like all of the 9/11 consiracy supporters support RP here) support him who is in complete opposition to your beliefs about 9/11?
If supporting EVERY view of your candidate is required, who do you support?
I agree with the sentiment of your questions above, but the reason I ask the question that I did was that the 9/11 Truthers on this site are (IMO) so rabidly supporting that notion that it makes no sense to me to support RB. In other words no, you will never find a candidate that agrees with you 100% but the 9/11 issues is the most improtant issue it seems to many here. So yet again I ask how can they support him?

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

Nan wrote:No we shouldn't be in all the conflicts we are in.
But the reality is that we can't go back to isolation. The world doesn't work that way anymore with how fast we can communicate. He has no skills in this area at all. And we know this area is going to get ugly for us eventually.

I just don't see that he has accomplished anything other than made people feel good. I want someone that can get results. I don't feel like he can do that. This is my biggest problems. I like many of his positions but he isn't an effective legislator. I even agree with him on many things. I just don't see him getting anything done and I need that capability in a president.
Speed of communication has nothing to do with isolationism in regards to national policy...in this context it means "Stay out of entangling alliances", "we do not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy", do not be the world's policeman, let alone impose your views & lifestyle on them, whether for political, commercial, or religious reasons...

What sort of results would be acceptable to you Nan? Especially given how deeply entrenched are wickedness, Powers That Be, and vested interests of all types, combined with the sorry state of the American public?

I humble invite you and others to share with us (maybe on a separate thread?) what results we should be looking for a candidate to have in order to be acceptable to us...
NEW Thread HERE: http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopi ... 36&t=18958 "No Ron Paul? Who else, and why?"

iamse7en
captain of 1,000

Post by iamse7en »

Nan wrote:His foreign policy is a disaster.
Read this.

KOMYU
captain of 100

Post by KOMYU »

durangout wrote:
ktg wrote:
durangout wrote: RP refutes the 9/11 gov't consiracy therory--that's a fact. He said so in the debates. So I don't understand why so many of you (it seems like all of the 9/11 consiracy supporters support RP here) support him who is in complete opposition to your beliefs about 9/11?
If supporting EVERY view of your candidate is required, who do you support?
I agree with the sentiment of your questions above, but the reason I ask the question that I did was that the 9/11 Truthers on this site are (IMO) so rabidly supporting that notion that it makes no sense to me to support RB. In other words no, you will never find a candidate that agrees with you 100% but the 9/11 issues is the most improtant issue it seems to many here. So yet again I ask how can they support him?
Very good question Durangout. I hope there are some willing to answer this.

ktg
captain of 100

Post by ktg »

Nan wrote:No we shouldn't be in all the conflicts we are in.
"Already, I can hear the choir chanting 'isolationism, isolationism, he's turning back the clock to isolationism.' How many use that word without having the slightest idea of what it really means! The so-called isolationism of the United States in the past decades is pure myth. What is isolationism? Long before the current trend of revoking our Declaration of Independence under the guise of international cooperation, American influence and trade was felt in every region of the globe. Individuals and private groups spread knowledge, business, prosperity, religion, good will and, above all, respect throughout every foreign continent. It was not necessary then for America to give up her independence to have contact and influence with other countries. It is not necessary now. Yet, many Americans have been led to believe that our country is so strong that it can defend, feed and subsidize half the world, while at the same time believing that we are so weak and 'inter-dependent' that we cannot survive without pooling our resources and sovereignty with those we subsidize. If wanting no part of this kind of 'logic' is isolationism, then it is time we brought it back into vogue.
The United States should:
1. Establish and maintain a position of independence with regard to other countries.
2. Avoid political connection, involvement, or intervention in the affairs of other countries.
3. Make no permanent or entangling alliances.
4. Treat all nations impartially, neither granting nor accepting special privileges from any.
5. Promote commerce with all peoples and countries.
6. Cooperate with other countries to develop civilized rules of intercourse.
7. Act always in accordance with the 'laws of nations.'
8. Remedy all just claims of injury to other nations, and require just treatment from other nations, standing ready, if necessary, to punish offenders.
9. Maintain a defensive force of sufficient magnitude to deter aggressors."
-Ezra Taft Benson

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

Simple. He is the best we got in the field, and the ONLY one who seems to even have a clue about what the Constitution means.

If he could survive rolling back all the unconstitutional junk and the wars (and the people follow and support him)...it would only be a matter of time before he realizes that 9/11 needs to be investigated a LOT more thoroughly - and he would allow it - if he didn't call for it himself (California has a petition campaign underway to get a referendum on the ballot demanding a new 9/11 investigation with full powers and independent of Federal control, and possibly with international backing).

It is also possible Ron Paul knows or at least strongly suspects USA complicity with 9/11 - but is in fear for his life if he declares his suspicion. The PTB can ignore you and me proclaiming suspicions - they cannot ignore Ron Paul and his followers proclaiming this (even while the media overlooks his candidacy), and he would have to be eliminated - with resulting convulsions greater than and conclusions more obvious than the JFK assassination.

KOMYU
captain of 100

Post by KOMYU »

HeirofNumenor wrote:Simple. He is the best we got in the field, and the ONLY one who seems to even have a clue about what the Constitution means.

If he could survive rolling back all the unconstitutional junk and the wars (and the people follow and support him)...it would only be a matter of time before he realizes that 9/11 needs to be investigated a LOT more thoroughly - and he would allow it - if he didn't call for it himself (California has a petition campaign underway to get a referendum on the ballot demanding a new 9/11 investigation with full powers and independent of Federal control, and possibly with international backing).

It is also possible Ron Paul knows or at least strongly suspects USA complicity with 9/11 - but is in fear for his life if he declares his suspicion. The PTB can ignore you and me proclaiming suspicions - they cannot ignore Ron Paul and his followers proclaiming this (even while the media overlooks his candidacy), and he would have to be eliminated - with resulting convulsions greater than and conclusions more obvious than the JFK assassination.
Well the good news is I won't be supporting someone who is afraid to speak the truth because "his life may be in danger", whether he is the best candidate or not. By the way this surely doesn't sound like the founding fathers who knew by signing the declaration their very lives would be endangered and would have to sacrifice all. In which they did. I do cringe when many on this forum call RP a modern day founding father. But what do I know...I'm just a doctor. :))

iamse7en
captain of 1,000

Post by iamse7en »

Joel Skousen on reasons TO vote for Ron Paul:

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

LOL...the thread or the topic that keeps getting recycled???

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

fwiw...

Ron Paul Reportedly Cuts Ties to Russian Channel
http://www.usasurvival.org/ck08.25.2011.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ron Paul booster’s show cancelled after FEC complaint
http://www.politico.com/blogs/onmedia/0 ... ml?showall" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Paid Russian Agent Kokesh Won't Discuss Rubles from Putin at Jefferson Memorial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4D1Zl1OvZ0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Jason wrote:

It does feel at times like we are in a perpetual groundhog day here Jason. :))

KOMYU
captain of 100

Post by KOMYU »

Mark wrote:
Jason wrote:

It does feel at times like we are in a perpetual groundhog day here Jason. :))
Did you want to talk about the weather or were you just making chit chat...?

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

The only goofd reason I can come up with for not voting for Ron Paul is because there aren’t any valid elections in which to vote… according to that law which is constitutional, and so I won’t be voting for anybody for President, or any other office be it County, State, or Federal. We have been instructed through scripture to obey the law, and specifically, to obey that law which is constitutional. The voting process in the current situation comes of evil and I have chosen not to participate in the fraud. A vote for anyone in these phony elections is a wasted vote.

But if there were a valid election in current situation, Ron Paul would get my vote hands down! :D
Last edited by Toto on August 28th, 2011, 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.