Happy 6th Birthday LDS Freedom Forum!

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
creator
(of the Forum)

Happy 6th Birthday LDS Freedom Forum!

Post by creator »

I thought I'd take the time to say "Happy 6th Birthday LDS Freedom Forum!" (albeit a few days late)

This forum was born on June 24th, 2005... :ymparty:

It was a slow start at first, with me pretty much having conversations with myself. At the end of 2005 things started to pick up with long-time members such as lundbaek and Jnewby joining the ranks. As 2006 moved forward in came WYp8riot, pritchet1, Stephen, John Adams, Mark, SwissMrs&Pitchfire, sixgunsue, Col. Flagg, Darren, ChelC, shadow and other old-timers.

Fast-forward to today, nearly 200,000 posts later (that'll be another milestone), a consistent increase of traffic and membership, and who knows how many combined hours spent... we've had a lot of fun, gone through a lot of "cycles" and what not...

It would be interesting to have everyone share their observations of the forum over the years, experiences, notable discussions/occurrences, memorable members, cycles, up and downs, etc...

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Happy 6th Birthday LDS Freedom Forum!

Post by Original_Intent »

When I came to LDSFF I had been inactive for several years, although I had continued to study the scriptures and modern day prophets throughout my inactive period. After just a few months on LDSFF I started to get strong promptings that I needed to get back to active involvement in the church. Pretty much the feeling I got was the sifting of the wheat and the tares was coming, and I needed to get serious and start serving others (one of the main reasons I was inactive was i did not feel I had time for a calling, and I had no desire for one).

LDSFF really did have a huge impact in getting me active again, and has also caused me to consider some things that I had never thought of. I've made some good friends here, and probably a few foes as well. I definitely "owe" you guys.

NoGreaterLove
captain of 1,000

Re: Happy 6th Birthday LDS Freedom Forum!

Post by NoGreaterLove »

:ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Congrats Brian. It was successful and still is!