Accounts of the prophecy of Pres. George A Smith

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Accounts of the prophecy of Pres. George A Smith

Post by BroJones »

Thanks haddomr -- several witnesses then that the meaning is that of a POTUS "not of European origin" -- which fits the current POTUS.

Davedan -- thanks for your input regarding Brother Horne also!

O_I -- where in the account do you derive this from pls "
But now on careful re-reading, I see that the "Greek" is actually the president at the time - so it is when he gets replaced, not when he gets elected.
High time to get that food storage, and as Bob re-emphasizes, guns and ammo...

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

I'm sorry Dr. J - I am not sure I understand what part of what I said you were wanting clariffication on. If you are talking about the election vs. the replacement, that was me just inrpreting into what was written down as opposed to what was actually recorded. In other words, bad assumptions on my part, that over time I felt were part of the prophecy but were not.

If it is something else, let me know and I will try to clarify. Things certainly lining up with 2012 being the big year for the enemy.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

Yes, I agree with Original_Intent it seems the critical time is after the election but before the inauguration of the newly elected POTUS. That must mean that the "Greek" POTUS who is still POTUS during this time must have lost the election and the strike occurs before the new POTUS takes power (is inaugurated). That would put this event between Early Nov 2012 and Jan 20 2013. "A holiday" could possibly have been "the Holidays".

Another interesting detail is the one about the US Dollar being worthless and not accepted by foreign countries. This is already beginning to occur because of devaluation. This point on the devaluation of the US Dollar could fit together with the prophecy attributed to Joseph Smith recorded by Milton Musser on the "Second Great Rebellion."
Last edited by davedan on February 6th, 2011, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

davedan wrote:Yes, I agree with Original_Intent it seems the critical time is after the election but before the inauguration of the newly elected POTUS. That must mean that the "Greek" POTUS who is still POTUS during this time must have lost the election and the strike occurs before the new POTUS takes power (is inaugurated). That would put this event between Nov 2012 and Feb 2013.
See, O_I and davedan, I don't know where you're getting this time "after the election but before the inauguration of the newly elected POTUS" -- that is, I can't find the source for this timing.

Certainly, one would not procrastinate preparations until 2012 -- 2011 looks like a rough year already, IMO. "Better a year too early than a day too late..." regarding food and other preparations.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

Dr. Jones. I am sorry for not listing a citation, you need to look at Bro. Horne's 1988 letter:

http://gods-wr.ath.cx/1/index.php/dream ... bert-smith" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Shortly after World War II ended, President George Albert Smith had a vision of another great and terrible war which would yet take place. He said it would be so bad that it would make World War II look like a "training exercise." It would involve many of the countries of the world, including Germany, Hungary, Israel, Turkey, the United States and the Soviet Union.

Thousands of tanks would be transported in huge trucks so they would be in place where they were needed when the war began.

The United States would have missiles in Europe which carried an atomic bomb. However, the United States would be committed to many far-reaching alliances and would withdraw its missiles to satisfy the Soviet Union. Then the war would begin and people would "die like flies". The military power of the Soviet Union at this time would be much greater than the United States.
He said the United States would take away the weapons of the people. They would have their missiles in big holes in the ground, which he described as being like grain silos. The Soviets would send their own missiles to try to destroy them, as well as U.S. military bases and cities. They would also send in ground troops. President Smith indicated that this attack would take place on a holiday after the Presidential election, but before the official inauguration. He said that the President at this time would be of Greek ancestry.

President Smith said that the conditions after the war would be "dreadful" and would make the worst times of the depression seem "like a Sunday School picnic" in comparison.

(See statements by David Hughes Horne dated Oct. 28, 1988)

Yes, I agree that we shouldn't wait until 2012 to prepare. According the the Milton Musser letter, the Second Great Rebellion likely precedes this attack which is supposed to begin in Chicago over the issue of the "depreciation of the currency of the United States."

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

Bro. Horne's 1989 letter includes the detail about the devalued US currency:

"However, Pres. Smith did tell him to look specifically for teh day when the American Dollar was so worthless that no other country would allow payment in dollars, for that would signal the beginning of such a severe depression that only LDS people who had their food supplies and clothing supplies and whatever they needed for heat and to cook with would be able to survive."

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

Second Great Rebellion or Chicago Quote – A. Milton Musser papers, LDS Church Archives.

This was a letter from Nephi Packard to A. Milton Musser on July 24, 1896:

“… My brother, Noah Packard, says that he heard the Prophet Joseph say that the next great (U.S. civil) war after the war of the rebellion (the Civil War of the 1860′s between the North and the South) would commence in a little town now called Chicago but at that time it would have grown to be a very large city. And another brother told me that the Prophet said that the cause of the next great trouble of the United States would be the depreciation of the currency of the United States. I believe I have given you all the facts in as short and concise manner as possible.”

Another quote regarding the Civil War itself comes from an interview by Dr. Poulson with David Whitmer, printed in the Deseret News on Friday, August 16, 1878:

Question: When will the temple be built in Independence?

Answer: Right after the great tribulation is over

Question: What do you mean by that?

Answer: A civil war more bloody and cruel than the rebellion. It will be the smashing up of this nation, about which time the second great work has to be done, a work like Joseph did, and the translation of the sealed plates and peace all over.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

One other thought that I have had regarding this prophecy.

Barakc Obama MAY not be the president referred to at all. Because if he is not eligible to be president, then from God's perspective he may not BE the president. In other words, a usurper only. I am not saying Obama is not eligibile, I am saying IF he is not, then this introduces another factor to consider when studying this prophecy.

chrisa18
captain of 100

Post by chrisa18 »

you may be right original intent...I've always thought of it as his mom's ancestry would fulfill his northern European ancestry..

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

Is it just me?

This prophecy seems too "second-hand" for me to pay too much attention to it.

iamse7en
captain of 1,000

Post by iamse7en »

durangout wrote:Is it just me?

This prophecy seems too "second-hand" for me to pay too much attention to it.
I agree. I need 2 or 3 witnesses that were in the same place hearing this from the Prophet. I need more than just David Horne saying his brother and Mrs. Nibley also heard this... And this anonymous source from AVOW? I take with extremely big grain of salt. Very convenient he throws in the dollar devaluation bit, considering what's going on right now. And that last paragraph from the "unknown" AVOW source just seems silly/fishy:
After recording what he could remember, my brother felt like he had left something important out, and was concerned, so since Pres. Smith was still in residence, my brother went back to him and had him read what he had written. President Smith told him that he had all that needed to be recorded, and that he now felt he had overstepped his bounds in telling my brother all that he had, and prayed that the Lord would forgive him, and that my brother should only record and tell his family the elements that needed to be kept sacred in his journal.
Perhaps I am in the dark here. Someone explain to me why I should place any weight at all on this AVOW source? And any other written, documented sources about this prophecy other than David Horne? I need much more to really give this serious thought.

iamse7en
captain of 1,000

Post by iamse7en »

Also, another politician of Greek descent - Charlie Crist. LOL. Don't see him becoming Prez any time soon. :)

Elias Returns
captain of 100

Post by Elias Returns »

Or Chris Christie from NJ???????????

iamse7en
captain of 1,000

Post by iamse7en »

Elias Returns wrote:Or Chris Christie from NJ???????????
Lol, is he of greek descent? Haha... Well maybe this is all going down after Christie's 8 years, after Obama's 8 years: so, 2024. Niice. That gives me plenty of time to stockpile my guns and silver.

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

I've said this before on another thread and as usual was shot down in flames. But I'll say it again. When George Albert Smith gave that prophesy, vision or dream, whatever it was, it was unthinkable that a black man could be the President of America. A black man couldn't sit next to you on the bus never mind be the President of the US. So a dark skinned man would have to be a Greek or Italian. I mean, come on, an African could never be the President, could he? And definately not a black man who was born in Africa! Surely not... =))

CBentley
captain of 100

Post by CBentley »

iamse7en wrote:Also, another politician of Greek descent - Charlie Crist. LOL. Don't see him becoming Prez any time soon. :)
I don't either, but this is interesting.
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/49886.html
"Christie adviser mulls PAC"

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

So, if Bob is right and "Greek" was a polite term for "black" (or even "mixed race"), could O be it? It looks like we're heading for the disaster prophesied, whether or not the dream was bona fide.

eric
captain of 100

Post by eric »

A Random Phrase wrote:So, if Bob is right and "Greek" was a polite term for "black" (or even "mixed race"), could O be it? It looks like we're heading for the disaster prophesied, whether or not the dream was bona fide.
I would put some weight on this one as bona-fide..... I had never heard the polite term for "black" angle before..... Very interesting.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

If there is really something to the prophecy, this election and the month or two after could prove interesting....in a scary sort of way.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

In the versions I have read, another important factor is that the missiles would be withdrawn from Europe to appease the Soviets...

Obama got caught on an open mic telling the Russian ambassador to "wait after the elections to disucss the missile shield, when I'll have a little more ability to do something" (or to that effect.)

So, could go down a couple of ways - Obama gets re-elected, we have four more years before he gets replaced, in the meantime he pulls back the missiles and attempts to disarm the citizenry OR Romney wins, and between November and the inauguration Obama yanks the missiles. Personally, if Obama is The One (greek) then I suspect the first scenario is a LOT more likely. (It would be bad form for a rejected soon to be ex-president to make a huge foreign policy move like withdrawing our missiles from Europe). And I certainly don't see Obama disarming the populace within the next six months.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

OI, I don't put anything past the anointed one. He's capable of so much harm to spite the American people: I have no doubt he'd try some dirty tricks...maybe in the hopes of instituting martial law if he loses this election. Then he can remain king.

eric
captain of 100

Post by eric »

kathyn wrote:OI, I don't put anything past the anointed one. He's capable of so much harm to spite the American people: I have no doubt he'd try some dirty tricks...maybe in the hopes of instituting martial law if he loses this election. Then he can remain king.

I find it interesting that the Dems said the same thing about Bush. The difference here is that Bush was bad - but nowhere close to this piece of work.....

I would not put it past him - Chicago-style politics and all.....

sonofliberty
captain of 100

Post by sonofliberty »

Interesting thread ... Where can one find the "Horne" version of the prophecy?

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

sonofliberty wrote:Interesting thread ... Where can one find the "Horne" version of the prophecy?
All I have found is this, which is sans the "greek" part. I would like to find the original one he passed around.

http://gods-wr.ath.cx/1/index.php/dream ... bert-smith

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

Things are heating up in the Middle East. Syria and Turkey are pretty much at war. America and Israel are said to be ready to attack Iran. Russia and China will back Iran. Talk about war and rumour of wars.

One rumour I recently read on the internet is that one million Chinese soldiers are stationed in Mexico and poised to attack the southwest US. They reportedly have nuclear missles in Mexico as well. I think if war breaks out, it will not go as it has in the past. We could see the fulfulment of the prophecy.