Actually, who are you not be?

A place for conservative women to discuss true women's liberation, the role of women in healing America, the truth about feminism and more...
Zephyr
captain of 50

Re: Actually, who are you not be?

Post by Zephyr »

Anyways, I was also very impressed by your attitude Zephyr, what a great example.
Thanks for making me smile, Katmr!

waking
captain of 100

Post by waking »

I loved the quote so much I bought the book a few years back. I couldn't get through the first 2 pages before I started feeling so dark. I knew it was not for me. I still have the book because I thought I would pick it up again, but I have been thinking lately it really should leave my home.

Istand4truth
captain of 100

Post by Istand4truth »

I also bought one of Marianne Williamson's books. I tried reading it, but it just wasn't enlightening to me. It didn't make sense. For some reason the new age stuff just doesn't ring true to me. It seems wishy washy and scattered. I love reading the scriptures and other books that make sense and inspire me. Her book was not inspiring at all.

I threw it away after hearing about the new age dangers. I don't miss it a bit. I have too many other books that have value and are worthwhile reading!

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

I would have never guessed the truth about that quote. Before I read the posts about the new age connection, I thought about the observations I have made in little children. The Savior told us to be like little children for "of such is the kingdom of heaven."

Have you ever noticed that a little child does not question his or her worth?

If you tell a little one they are pretty or cute, strong or handsome, smart or loving, they always agree instantly and with complete assurance that you are right. They know who they are: children of a God.

Part of this poem is true, and that part is so powerfully true that I think it draws you in. We are children of God and we were meant to do powerful things, miraculous things, beautiful things. It's just that we are meant to do them with God, as His representative, and with the purpose of bringing Him glory. We truly don't help anyone when we diminish ourselves or put ourselves down. In fact, to truly be able to forget ourselves and do God's work, we must first learn and know through the Spirit who we are. Once in possession of that knowledge, secured by the power of God's love, we can forget ourselves because we no longer are plagued by doubts of our worth. Then we can go forth as windows of His love and as lights to shine God's truth to the world. Then we can do great things.