Actually, who are you not be?

A place for conservative women to discuss true women's liberation, the role of women in healing America, the truth about feminism and more...
Zephyr
captain of 50

Post by Zephyr »

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

by Marianne Wiliamson from
A Return To Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles

Henmasher
captain of 1,000

Re: Actually, who are you not be?

Post by Henmasher »

Thank you for that Zephyr, sometimes we need to recognize that humility is not just recognizing our weaknesses but rather recognizing the greatness in us and still asking for help.

Zephyr
captain of 50

Post by Zephyr »

Thank you for that Zephyr,
You're welcome, Henmasher, and thank you.

loquaciousmomma
captain of 100

Post by loquaciousmomma »

Awesome! I was impressed to share this quote with my eldest son, and couldn't find it. I was actually going to make a post asking for help.

You answered my prayer, Zephyr!

Zephyr
captain of 50

Post by Zephyr »

You answered my prayer, Zephyr!

:-)

mattctr
captain of 100

Post by mattctr »

Zephyr wrote:"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

You are a child of God.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

by Marianne Wiliamson from
A Return To Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles
Hate to spoil the love fest, but you might want to learn about the author of that quote... Search the forum for previous quotes about Marianne Williamson.

http://ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... on#p118030
http://ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... son#p98818
http://ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... son#p64283
http://ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... on#p121052
http://ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... son#p66326

Basically, the gist is... She is one of the NWO spiritual elites who is trying to set us up for "spiritual shift" that will pit the world against those of faith, especially Christians who will not "attract" this higher spiritual state. Really, it gives them control over the masses to pit them against us for the sake of "cutting out the cancer" (those who will not join the world and move beyond their current religious beliefs). Her quotes follow the "9 truths and a lie" formula and are bait to catch us. They ring so close to truth... They sound so lovely... That's why people eat them up and will turn on those who will not follow these new spiritual leaders to bring the world into their "heightened state of spiritual light and consciousness"...

Some believe the time is approaching when their plans will be unveiled. It will be a bumpy ride, as we fight for the faith of our brothers and sisters.

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

Thanks mattctr

As beautiful as the quote appears to be, it does not mean what it sounds like it does. The meaning that LDS take with from this quote from Marianne is far different than what she truly means.

Marianne Williamson writings are confusing because she uses Christian terms but their is not Christian meaning behind her writings. She is actually anti-Christ. She denies that their is a God that judges man. She says their is no sin. No need for a Savior or redeemer for we our are on Savior. She says all men are Christs. She has great hate for fundamental Christians like us that do not support Gay marriage. She calls us bigots and far worse words.

She is not a lost soul that is just confused, because she is close with David Spangler who has said that to enter the new age one must take Luciferic initiations. She is also close friend with Barbara Marx Hubbard that says all those of the Abrahamic faiths, Judaism, Islam and Christianity that will not convert to the new age must be cleansed from the earth.

On the surface what she writes appears to be Christian but it is not. The God she is talking about is not our God, but a that is just the collective intelligence of the universe. She believes she is god and you are god and everything is god. So when you read that quote you have to read it with the intent she has written it in. We cannot change it to mean what we want it to mean. It means what Marianne believes.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

You are a child of God.
Again realize she believe there is NO God that judges man and that man IS God. She is wanting people to let "Their" light shine not God's light. She believes that if man will only recognize their is not a real one true God and that man is God, that all people will be liberated from our fears and hatred, judgments, doubts and will see everyone as divine Gods. The light she wants to shine is Lucifer's lie that we are all Gods now and that we do not need to submit to Father in Heaven to become like Him, we merely need to recognize we are Gods now. You are God, you are Christ, and the Father, you are one with the universe. You are the created and the creator.

It is very frightening when you know what she really means. She is one of the leading New Age leaders and she hates us with passion. We have to remember they are harvesting just as Father is gathering His Children. They do it in very deceiving ways, but when you dig deeper you find out what she really is saying ( in her own words) and how it is our destruction she desires for she hates the true followers of the one true God.

loquaciousmomma
captain of 100

I have been waiting for such a response.

I first encountered this quote several years ago. I did not know who said it or where it was from. I just liked the idea that being your best self and "letting your light shine before men" was actually a good thing.

I was curious when I saw that Zephyr had provided the reference, and googled it. One of the reviews said that the book would be great for those who follow the new age. At that point, I knew that the New Age experts on this forum would be letting me know that it was not a good thing.

*sigh* I find it difficult to move anymore these days without bumping up against someone or something that seems good but is a counterfeit. Satan has so patiently woven disinformation throughout the whole of the earth, that it requires extreme diligence to choose correctly.

Thank you for pointing out the counterfeits, this explains why I couldn't think of it clearly enough to google search the quote myself. The Holy Spirit was telling me no.

Henmasher
captain of 1,000

Post by Henmasher »

Jeez you read through it and you can see the bad in it. That is after you have been made known who she is. Like Lomama said it is sad that you cannot go anywhere without the bad influencing something. That is anywhere without a recommend :D

Zephyr
captain of 50

Post by Zephyr »

Oh dear!

I had no idea!

Thank you for pointing it out.

I will be more careful.

YIKES!

mattctr
captain of 100

Post by mattctr »

Zephyr wrote:Oh dear!
I had no idea!
Thank you for pointing it out.
I will be more careful.
YIKES!
I was in your same boat before Rosabella's research on that quote. I've heard that quote repeated over the pulpit, in classes, and from various email chains, and I never stopped to dissect it. On a casual surface read, there is so much that rings true. The philosophies of men, mingled with the word, but upon closer inspection of its source, a reread is eye-opening. So, my hat's off to Rosabella for cluing this forum into the "new age, spiritual wing" of satan's NWO.

Zephyr
captain of 50

Post by Zephyr »

hat's off to Rosabella for cluing this forum into the "new age, spiritual wing" of satan's NWO.
Well said Mattctr!

By way of apology, here are a few replacement quotes and I know their sources are great!

Thomas S. Monson"[Paul C. Child] quoted from the Doctrine and Covenants, including section 18 concerning the worth of a soul, indicating that we should labor all our days to bring souls unto the Lord. He then turned to one elders quorum president and asked, 'What is the worth of a soul?'

"The stunned quorum president hesitated as he formulated his reply. I had a prayer in my heart that he would be able to answer the question. He finally responded, 'The worth of a soul is its capacity to become as God.'

"Brother Child closed his scriptures, walked solemnly and quietly up the aisle and back to the stand. As he passed by me, he said, 'A most profound reply.' "

Elaine S. Dalton"Did you know that Heavenly Father knows you personally--by name? . . .

"You may not have heard the Lord call you by name, but He knows each one of you and He knows your name. Elder Neal A. Maxwell said. 'I testify to you that God has known you individually . . . for a long, long time (see D&C 93:23). He has loved you for a long, long time. He not only knows the names of all the stars (see Psalm 147:4; Isaiah 40:26); He knows your names and all your heartaches and your joys!' ("Remember How Merciful the Lord Hath Been," Ensign, May 2004, 46)."
"He Knows You by Name," Ensign, May 2005, 109-10

"Our Sacred Priesthood Trust," Ensign, May 2006, 56

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

Here are some more quotes that I think say similar to what we want to think Marianne was saying, but these are from Sheri Dew
"The most effective way to share the gospel is to live it. When we live like disciples of Christ should live, when we aren't just good but happy to be good, others will be drawn to us."
— Sheri L. Dew (Saying It Like It Is)

"We must each walk through life on our own, but we don't have to do it alone. God wants a powerful people. He gives His power to those who are faithful. We have a sacred obligation to seek after the power of God and then to use that power as He directs. And when we have the power of God with us, nothing is impossible."

"Noble and great. Courageous and determined. Faithful and fearless. That is who you are and who you have always been. And understanding it can change your life, because this knowledge carries a confidence that cannot be duplicated any other way."
— Sheri L. Dew

"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."
— Sheri L. Dew

"The more we sense...our ultimate potential, the more determined we become to achieve it. It's the difference between your mother hounding you to practice the piano and reaching the point where you want to do it yourself. You simply will not be denied the ultimate reward and the joy of the Big Finish. p 90"
— Sheri L. Dew (No Doubt About It)

"The Lord has set no limits on what He is willing to teach us and give us. We are the only ones who set limits--through our neglect our disobedience or ignorance. We are in large measure the ones who determine what we will learn and experience in mortality, and what we will receive eternally."

Koiape
captain of 50

Post by Koiape »

Zephyr,

You are way too cool and thanks for the subsequent quotes by the prophets. Great thread and a great example of how to handle being taught that this poem was not what is all cracked up to be, lesser people would have stubbornly argued that we are over analyzing things.

There is a lot of truth and wisdom in that lovely and enriching poem. Too bad it has an evil agenda behind it.

Reminds me of that classic "Imagine" song by John Lennon.

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

Koiape wrote:Zephyr,

You are way too cool and thanks for the subsequent quotes by the prophets. Great thread and a great example of how to handle being taught that this poem was not what is all cracked up to be, lesser people would have stubbornly argued that we are over analyzing things.

There is a lot of truth and wisdom in that lovely and enriching poem. Too bad it has an evil agenda behind it.

Reminds me of that classic "Imagine" song by John Lennon.
Great points, I was thinking the same about Zephyr. I too am deeply impressed with the complete humility Zephyr has. It is clear that truth is what is most important to Zephyr and not ego. My hat is off to you! If only everyone can show such grace and humility in all of our personal dealings :D I have been really impressed with this whole thread. People have been very respectful and kind to each other.

Koiape you are so right when you point out "Image" It is such a pretty song, but the meaning is not.

loquaciousmomma
captain of 100

Amen, Rosabella and Koiape!

Thanks Zephyr for the good example and the great quotes. They are a much better source of encouragement for my son than the quote I originally thought of. :)

Zephyr
captain of 50

Post by Zephyr »

Koiape, Rosabella, and loquaciousmomma,

you made my day!

Thank you!

I am impressed with your collective knowlege, determination and seeking truth.

Thanks for your kind words. YOU really made my day!

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Here is an interesting article on the experience of Father Benedict Groeschel, a Catholic priest, who was a friend of Helen Schucman, the actual authoress of A Course in Miracles, during the time that she 'channeled' it:
http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/2004/07 ... s.aspx?p=1

Here is an extract from the 3rd page of the article, in part, quoting Goeschel:
Groeschel initially read the Course as "religious poetry," but grew steadily more negative in his assessment of it as the years passed and sales of the three volumes passed into the millions of copies. From his point of view, A Course in Miracles served to undermine authentic Christianity more effectively than just about any other work he could recall, and while he was inclined to reject the position of St. John of the Cross that "these things are diabolical unless proven otherwise," doubts had crept in over the years. Most troubling to him by far was the "black hole of rage and depression that Schucman fell into during the last two years of her life," the priest explained. She had become frightening to be with, Groeschel recalled, spewing psychotic hatred not only for A Course in Miracles but "for all things spiritual." When he sat at Schucman's bedside as she lay dying, "she cursed, in the coarsest barroom language you could imagine, `that book, that g [......] book.' She said it was the worst thing that ever happened to her. I mean, she raised the hair on the back of my neck. It was truly terrible to witness."

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

This is quite a good 8 page overview about Marianne's life and teachings and how it is not Christian.

http://www.equip.org/PDF/DC725.pdf

MarianneWilliamson: From Inner Healing to the Healing of America
Marianne Williamson has been tagged “the high priestess of popular religion,” 1 “a modern-day shaman,”2 “a Mother Teresa for the ‘90s,”3 “Hollywood’s answer to God,”4 and “the most influential female personality on the American spirituality scene today.”5
One should note that the “God” to whom she had given herself bears no resemblance to the God of the Bible. Throughout all of her writings, Williamson actually appears quite confused and conflicted about the nature of her God. In one place she says, “It” is “a force” that loves, cares, and protects. 18 In another place, she says, God is “an impersonal love for all life.”19 Elsewhere, she asserts, “He is the energy; the thought of unconditional love...God is love and He dwells within us.”° She describes human beings, in turn, as being “part of God,” the creations and
extensions in the “mind” of an impersonal force or energy. “We were created in His image, or mind, which means that we are extensions of His love, or Sons of God.”21 Her view sometimes appears to approximate panentheism, the belief that we are all within God but that God is “more than everything, even as God is present everywhere.” 22 But
she’s never quite clear.
The most disturbing assertions in this volume rise from her “occult essentialism,” 51 which has her telling us we need “the stuff of magic and magical people” in politics. As Margaret Talbot, aptly notes,Williamson “might pause to reflect that the only modern governments that have been comfortable incorporating magical thinking — oracles, astrology, the occult — into politics a were fascist governments, which always prefer charisma to law, and ecstasy todecency.”52

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

More Quotes from Marianne:
"Rather than accepting that we are the loving beings that He created, we have arrogantly thought that we could create ourselves, and then create God. Because we are angry and judgmental, we have projected those characteristics onto Him. We have made up a God in our image. But God remains who He is and always has been: the energy, the thought of unconditional love.
"
— Marianne Williamson (Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of a Course in Miracles)
"Just like a sunbeam can't separate itself from the sun, and a wave can't separate itself from the ocean, we can't separate ourselves from one another. We are all part of a vast sea of love, one indivisible divine mind."
— Marianne Williamson
"Angels are thoughts of God--to pray to an angel is to look to a level of pure thinking, divine thinking, and to ask that it replace our thoughts of fear. (Page 27.)"
— Marianne Williamson (Everyday Grace)

MercynGrace
captain of 100

Post by MercynGrace »

Bella,
equip.org is run by CRI, a decidedly anti-mormon Christian fundamentalist organization. I would be leary of using them as a source for credible information since their editorializing on LDS and the church lack integrity. If they lie about us, there's no guarantee they'll be honest in their assessment of others.

You can see what they sell on their website here: http://www.equipresources.org/site/apps ... dNMJlI3JjL

Type "Mormon" in the estore search engine to see pages of anti-mormon lit.

MnG

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

Thanks for that information. But what they have to say about Marianne is the same things I have read in her own words or hear her say. Unfortunately most Christians that are aware of the new age and have good information on it tend to lump us into the same category and think we are part of the new age also. Since we say we can become Gods they see this as within the many branches of the new age etc. It is impossible to find anyone that is not Christian writing against the new age movement. And just as hard to find a Christian writing against it that promotes Mormonism. So we are stuck in the middle. Christians think we are part of the new age and the new age thinks we are part of the evil Christians. For myself all my research I go to the actual source read it from them. I do not have a good overview yet written about Marianne, though I have the research, I just wanted to share an overview, that I found to be more accurate than not.

I have found Christians writing in most cases are correct when it comes to the new age, sadly they are wrong about us being part of the same movement. They cannot see past what appears to them to be occult foundations of our Church and the belief we can become Gods, that is why we are lumped in with them.

I will try to find another source that has done a write up on Marianne that has never done anything Anti-Mormon. When I finish my own I will post it.

MercynGrace
captain of 100

Post by MercynGrace »

Bella,
No worries. I'm confident you've done your own homework on Williamson.
Why do you think exposes on the New Age movement are limited to Christian fundamentalists and Biblical literalists?
MnG

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

MercynGrace wrote:Bella,
No worries. I'm confident you've done your own homework on Williamson.
Why do you think exposes on the New Age movement are limited to Christian fundamentalists and Biblical literalists?
MnG
Right now I think they are the ones that are the most outspoken that see it as the threat that it is. I think that is because Christians have been the main target. It has been infesting their Churches much stronger than ours. You do find some Jewish writing apposing it, but mostly Christian. As for the Muslims I have not found anything yet. The tend to just preach their faith and not write about its opposite except for the extremists that speak against American and such. But they are hated by the new age just as much as Christians. Anyone that worships a God that judges man is hated.

I am very surprise LDS members have written more on it since the evidence is everywhere. Though I do get emails from people that even prior to my site saw if for what it is. So they exist but there is just not much written material on the topic.

The Brethren do understand it, but not the average member. I actually wonder if this is the great test we are warned of that will divide our Church. I only say that because that was said to me in my meetings with the GAs. This topic may be how the Lord sorts out some tares within His members. It tends to separate those that want to do their own will over doing Fathers will. I also have pondered the scripture:

D&C 112
25 And upon my house shall it begin, and from my house shall it go forth, saith the Lord;

26 First among those among you, saith the Lord, who have professed to know my name and have not known me, and have blasphemed against me in the midst of my house, saith the Lord.

In the midst of His house is the temple and I cannot think of a worse blasphemy then to believe the new age doctrines that "I am God" and go to the temple with that belief. It is scary how many members believe this and are still going to the temple. Many of the new age followers that are LDS and express to me that they agree with most of the new age teachings also say they go to the temple. They confused LDS doctrines of being able to become God if we submit our will to Him and follow ALL the examples of Christ with the idea of the new age that we are all Gods now, but just do not realize our Godhood yet. There is a big difference between these two ideas. One is knowing that we must be completely humble and submit to Father in all things and if the Lord decides and finds us worthy to be crowned with the Glory of Godhood then we have achieved through His judgment of our worthiness. The other is the idea that if we could only remember who we were before we would recognize our divine God within. Once we recognize that we then embrace our Godhood now and know that we will not only become God but we are God now. Remembering Wholeness by Carol Tuttle is one of the best examples of the mixing of new age and Mormonism that I feel is utter and complete blasphemy. She even states that we need to stop trying to become perfect and know that we already are. In my opinion this way of thinking may very well be what the Lord is talking about in D&C. Of course there are other forms also, such as lying and going unworthy, I just really wonder if it is the blasphemy of saying "I am God" is the worst one we can do and that very idea is increasing with members that even go to the temple.

katmr
captain of 100

Post by katmr »

Very interesting. I've heard this quote used probably 3-4 times in church also, a couple of times read in sacrament meeting. The strange thing is that every time I've heard this quote used, something about it felt off to me and I could never ever put my finger on it because it all sounds good. I did not know until now about the person this quote came from or the beliefs of this person. Anyways, just found it interesting.

Bella, I found it interesting how you talked about blasphemy in the midst of the temple and those same thoughts have also come to my mind. I have a talk my R.S. president gave me to read called "The Will of the Father in All Things" by Jeffrey R. Holland. He speaks of when the Savior visits the Nephites and when he spoke, he said "I am the light and the life of the world,...I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world,...I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning." He spoke about how the Savior in his newly exalted state chose first to speak of his obedience, loyalty and submission to His Father. Of everything he could have said at that time, I think it shows how important this is for each one of us as well. Being willing to submit to the Father's will.

I find it no surprise that many of the New Age doctrines and teachings have nothing to do with submitting to the Father's will, but rather to create or co-create out of the belief that you are a God, leading away from the Father's will and directing yourself by your own will. (Don't know if I worded that right, so I hope it made sense)

Anyways, I was also very impressed by your attitude Zephyr, what a great example. I've also loved this thread because there hasn't even been a single :roll: Everyone has been very respectful in their conversation. Love that!!! Wish it could be that way all the time. Thank you everyone for your thoughts!