Dream I had a while back

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Dream I had a while back

Post by SmallFarm »

I'm not writing this because I think it's prophetic in any way. I had this dream several years ago and current topics on this forum have been making me think about it a lot and I'd like to hear everyone's opinion about it. Okay so here goes:

I was alone in the desert by Tubac, Arizona (southern portion of the state). Thre sonoran desert was more green than I have ever seen it in my life. Some movement to the south caught my attention and I looked a saw thousands apon thousands of tanks driving in a straight line. I took off running but evetually one of the tanks caught up to me. Now these weren't like normal tanks because the riders set on top like in carriages but they still had the big cannons and whatnot. Anyway, riding on top of this tank was a mexican man and his pregnant wife and perhaps a young child or two. The man looked at me for a while, reached into his clothes, pulled out a gun and..... handed it to me :shock: after this I turned and continued north towards my family at which point the dream ended.

Any thoughts about this would be helpful. Never really been able to interpret this dream but it was one of those vivid "important feeling' dreams so it'd be kinda nice to figure out if it meant anything

NoGreaterLove
captain of 1,000

Re: Dream I had a while back

Post by NoGreaterLove »

I will take a shot at it.

I was alone in the desert by Tubac, Arizona (southern portion of the state) (Probably a place you like or feel comfortable in). Thre sonoran desert was more green than I have ever seen it in my life(Your life is happy and you are content with yourself). Some movement to the south caught my attention and I looked a saw thousands apon thousands of tanks driving in a straight line (Something was happening that causes you great alarm because it has the power to annihilate not only you but a lot of people) . I took off running but evetually one of the tanks caught up to me (you feel threatened by the event and take the precautions you were capable of with the resources you have but it is not enough). Now these weren't like normal tanks because the riders set on top like in carriages (The danger was all knowing and could see in all directions and were controlled by humans) but they still had the big cannons and whatnot(The humans had the power). Anyway, riding on top of this tank was a mexican man and his pregnant wife and perhaps a young child or two( the threat was from someone similar to you or what your ideal is, you begin to realize this may not be a threat to you after all). The man looked at me for a while, reached into his clothes, pulled out a gun and..... handed it to me (You realize this was not a threat to you after all and was really something powerful that is here to assist you) :shock: after this I turned and continued north towards my family at which point the dream ended.(you continue to pursue the course which will lead to your happiness with your family)

Seems to me you were once somewhere in your life where you thought you were happy but you were alone and something very powerful came your way. This power or occurrence reminded you of how vulnerable you were and you got scared. At first you were afraid of that power, but when it arrived it reminded you about your family and that that is where you were going to find happiness. Then you were given the chance to reconcile with your family and you took it.

Hey I am no Joseph, but I thought I would give it a shot.

Henmasher
captain of 1,000

Post by Henmasher »

I would relenquish all interpretations to who has stewardship over you. Dreams can be interpreted by those in position to interpret. So either you or your steward have the power to find the true meaning of this dream. Everything else is pure speculation. I found this out with a dream of my own. The spirit confirmed everything my father told me and it ranks up there on my spiritual experience meter.

NoGreaterLove
captain of 1,000

Post by NoGreaterLove »

Dreams can be interpreted by those in position to interpret. So either you or your steward have the power to find the true meaning of this dream
I agree with Henmasher.
Dont put any credence in what I said, I was just having a little fun with it. Giving it my best guess.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

No worries I was just putting it here to talk about the possibilities and see how different people look at it differently.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

:-?

harv
captain of 10

Post by harv »

I like that you shared your dream here. Recently I was saying I had had a dream, and one of the pair of missionaries said that he has gift of interpreting dreams. I then told him the dream. I don't recall what he then said or what happened.I don't remember whether interpretation of dreams is listed in the articles of faith. I know one of the articles is about gifts, I think the 5th, 6th, or 7th article. Again, I don't remember whether a gift of interpreting dreams is mentioned in the Gospel Doctrine manual, it certainly has a chapter about spiritual gifts.