Harry Reid Firesides ordered by Nevada's LDS Regional Rep?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Jason
Master of Puppets

Re: Harry Reid Firesides ordered by Nevada's LDS Regional Re

Post by Jason »

LukeAir2008 wrote:I know that on this site quoting an MTC President is classed as apostate but Im going to take the risk. :wink:

Pres. Ed J Pinegar taught the missionaries that you cant give away what you havent got. If you're not living the gospel yourself then that is what you will give to others. The spirit of disobedience and darkness. If you're not converted you will not convert others.

How can anyone speak with any seriousness about a Harry Reid fireside converting anyone? A man who has just allocated millions of dollars to be used in the destruction of the unborn?

Why should the righteous keep their mouths shut while the wicked go about their work?

Im amazed that God doesn't wipe all of us LDS off the face of the planet and start over again. :?
Oh its coming.....like young lion's in the flock!

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

Maybe Harry Reid will repent.

You know, they get to keep their 'special' medical care coverage - ALL of Congress, the Judicial, and the Executive offices along with certain 'elite' staffers. They aren't held to the same health provisions we are now mandated to take through their indifference to the voice of the people and their final votes.

I need to repent of wishing the Lord would hurry up and 'cleanse the temple' (Washington politics) with his whip. In my estimation, these people are beyond annoying in their arrogance. They are willing to take the rest of us down.

gruden
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden »

LukeAir2008 wrote:Why should the righteous keep their mouths shut while the wicked go about their work?
That's a fair thing to say. Sometimes silence speaks. If no one showed up to the fireside, would that not speak volumes?

I think it's reasonable for one to call up your stake prez in that situation and ask him why, and state your issues with it. The Israelites were chastised for murmuring, which is grumbling amongst themselves, instead of going to Moses and forthrightly stating their disagreements, in which case he could've addressed those things as needed (and sometimes simply do what they're told). Aside from discussing these things with fellow ward members, there are limits.

We don't have to shut our mouths, but we should be going about works of righteousness. We should be about the Lord's business. If we're doing that, maybe most will be too busy to bother with the likes of Reid. Maybe the ones that will show up have nothing better to do.
LukeAir2008 wrote:Im amazed that God doesn't wipe all of us LDS off the face of the planet and start over again. :?
The Lord threatened to do just that with the Israelites, and Moses intervened. In the Book of Mormon (and the Bible) we read that the Lord will stay judgments for the sake of even a small number of righteous. We need to make sure we're one of them.

I certainly agree with Elder Pinegar, that we can't give what we don't have. What we do have, we have promised to give to the Lord.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

natasha wrote:
LV Architect wrote:SLOW DOWN!!!!

I am in the thick of this controversy and have exchanged emails with local church authorities on this one. Presently the fireside is going to be held as scheduled, and I was told this will not happen again. It is a missionary "Why I believe" fireside for investigators and new converts. The Stake President indicated that Harry Reid and his wife did a "Why I believe" fireside a number of weeks ago and he thought it would be a good experience for those in his Stake.

Some people have suggested gathering for a protest. May I sincerely ask that we do all in our power to minimize the chance that investigators and new members will experience an LDS orchestrated protest at a "Why I believe" fireside. There are few who have stronger feelings about what Brother Reid has done politically than I, but I fear the damage to growing and developing testimonies will make any political gains from a protest in this setting pale in comparison.

We can all argue the wisdom of asking Harry Reid to speak, but please, let us avoid compromising things eternal for things proximate and temporal. There will be plenty of opportunities to voice our dismay with things happening in Washington in the weeks and months leading to November. Let us not run the risk of someone choosing not to receive the covenant blessings of baptism or a new member falling into inactivity because of a political protest!
LV Architect: Great advice! People should do a little more homework before they decide to protest a fireside...especially since it turns out to be geared toward helping investigators. By the way, am I the only one that thinks there is a possibility that wiikwajio is CHH returned?
He's already admitted to it in another thread. He's back.

Regarding a Harry Reid fireside... are you kidding? This guy has no business speaking at firesides or any church function as far as I am concerned. He has demonstrated his true colors and is LDS in name only... he has sold himself to the democratic party and establishment... supporting a bill like the 'health care' garbage that was just passed, with federal funding going for abortions is NOT what a true Latter Day Saint does. People like Reid, Hatch and Bennett need to seriously examine themselves and what they've become before considering themselves Latter Day Saints! Reid's actions are enough for fellow LDS's to make a judgment call here and he's certainly lost his way and has allowed himself to be compromised morally, religiously and politically for his power and status in Washington (same with Hatch & Bennett). :oops: :(

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Post by sbsion »

just an opinion.....POV........personally, I think if HR was excommunicated, that it would bring more people to the sense of Christ being the head of THE church, then if they let him continue to representing killing innocent children and making you and I pay for it?..If not more people, maybe the "right" people, but, then Father will decide, right?

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I have to gree with the Col., if for no other reason than because of Reid's criticism of President Benson to the media after that speech he gave at BYU. Beyond that, his flagrant espousal of principles in opposition to constitutional principles sets a terrible example for anyone, members or investigators. From where I sit, (in Arizona) it appears a egregious mistake has been made.

Here in our stake, I would express my opposition to Mitt Romney speaking at such a church event, not just because of his demonstrated disdain for certain moral and constitutional principles, but even more because of his Moses at the bush statement. But I hope I would not picket or do anything that would cause the church embarrassment.

KOMYU
captain of 100

Post by KOMYU »

Harry Reid wont need us to protest at this fireside. It is real simple.
36 That the arights of the priesthood are inseparably connected with the powers of heaven, and that the powers of heaven cannot be bcontrolled nor handled only upon the cprinciples of righteousness.
37 That they may be conferred upon us, it is true; but when we undertake to acover our bsins, or to gratify our cpride, our vain ambition, or to exercise control or ddominion or compulsion upon the souls of the children of men, in any degree of unrighteousness, behold, the heavens ewithdraw themselves; the Spirit of the Lord is grieved; and when it is withdrawn, Amen to the priesthood or the authority of that man.
There can be no Spirit there when half truths are taught. What will replace the spirit will be charisma and that is all. If he has any..

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

....oh so it will be like a Jon Bytheway Fireside. Well in that case I support it! :lol:

I guess if the local authorities are suporting it I would hesitiate to protest for the forsake of saving the church embarasement. But I hope that it was something they were 'asked' to do by Harry Rigdon..uh I mean Reid, and not soemthing they asked him to do.

Remember the corporate Church we all know is a creature of the state, the state controls it, and only allows the church to exist as long as the church behaves according to the states dictates.

"How are you going to separate the church from the state? The state controls the church absolutely, controls your property, controls your lives. It takes your property from you if it wishes, it presses you into service, it declares war or makes peace and you cannot avoid it, however much you may desire, and however much we may claim that we are independent, that what we have belongs to us. After all the finality is that the state controls us. Is it necessary or important, then, that good men administer public affairs, trustworthy men? It seems to me that it is; not only necessary, but absolutely indispensable, and that is the reason I am calling your attention to it. There can be no peace, there can be no perpetuity of the institutions of this country without it, there can be no proper development in this state of ours without it."--Elder Anthony W. Ivins April 1917 GC.

Post by Like »

Did you know Harry was the Mormon of the year for 2009?

http://timesandseasons.org/index.php/20 ... arry-reid/

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Mazal wrote:Did you know Harry was the Mormon of the year for 2009?

Lowering the bar.

Mosby
captain of 1,000
Location: Mosby's Confederacy in the deep South of the People's Republic of Utah

Post by Mosby »

Wow- great posts by everyone - both pro and con.

I think that as Latter Day Saints, and Americans it is our DUTY to oppose those who would destroy our way of life. I have been very active in local politics in my small town and can honestly say that one of the biggest problems we have are LDS folks in that local government who are working (knowingly or unknowingly) to destroy our liberty.

God may strike me down, but if a "Bishop" or a "Stake President" is upholding laws that destroy my God-given freedoms and go against the Constitution- he's an enemy to me. Period.

This IS happening in my area, and thoughout Southern Utah.

Harry Reid is an enemy to the church, America, and unborn children- he needs to be opposed and jeered and mocked at every turn.

We cannot sit on our hands while evil men destroy our nation.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

***DISCLAIMER****

Picutre of HR giving the bird.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/ ... -hones.jpg

This says it all.

This is the person the stake wants giving a fireside to a group of new members/investigators??? :?

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

InfoWarrior82 wrote:***DISCLAIMER****

Picutre of HR giving the bird.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/ ... -hones.jpg

This says it all.

This is the person the stake wants giving a fireside to a group of new members/investigators??? :?
Well, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

haha funny picture. In fairness he could've been about to scratch his nose

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

SmallFarm wrote:haha funny picture. In fairness he could've been about to scratch his nose

Is that a Nevada thing?

Post by Like »

Fiannan wrote:
Mazal wrote:Did you know Harry was the Mormon of the year for 2009?

Lowering the bar.
Ha!

"Mittens" was the Mormon of the year in 2008

http://timesandseasons.org/index.php/20 ... ar-romney/

AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by AussieOi »

LV Architect wrote:
roserum wrote:Perhaps you should remind your friend that he is only obligated to follow his priesthood leaders if they follow the Lord.
If you think that a member of the Quorum of the Seventy and a Stake President are not following the Lord, we have bigger problems than Harry Reid.

I have a personal knowledge, born of the Spirit, that these are good men who are leading the stakes of Zion. I am blessed to serve closely with them. They are not perfect but they lead us to Christ whom we should ultimately follow.

i am glad you aren't in my ward.
with all respects, in my opinion, this is the comment i would expect to hear from a fool, and a simpleton
wake up. this guy is gadianton. he does not reflect the values of the church or gospel

why i beleive...IN WHAT???????????? universal health care? abortion?

what a joke, grow a brain,

AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by AussieOi »

Nan wrote:I think it is sad that not filing your taxes was more important to you then being worthy to go to the Temple. I hope you have changed that.
i haven't read on, so an sure he has replied, but can i comment

EVEN I IN AUSTRALIA KNOW YOUR 16TH AMENDMENT WAS NEVER RATIFIED
it is sad that people offer themselves to be robbed
it is even sadder that some regard obedience to organised theft as a prerequisite to temple attendance
i thought christ throwing teh moneychangers out of the temple meant something?
if i understand this man correctly, not wishing to participate in a corrupt system. obeying the law, fighting for his rights, standing for actual truth- they mean something
why must those things be linked to temple attendance on the back of an opinion by some local church rep?
why dump on this guy like this for not doing what he KNOWS is wrong?

AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by AussieOi »

kathyn wrote:Protesting at the event could cause so much harm to the church. .

HR speaking from a pulpit alone WILL cause harm to the church.

kathyn wrote:. This fireside isn't a political speech, .
ANY time a politician opens his mouth it is a political speech

if someone wants his testimony, look on youtube

i thought we led by the spirit, not the celebrity. who is more likely to convert, the spirit, or a politician or sports star or an actor? such a throwaback idea this.

lead by the spirit. let the mission president speak. he can convert by the spirit.

this is a sick joke and an insult.

Mosby
captain of 1,000
Location: Mosby's Confederacy in the deep South of the People's Republic of Utah

Post by Mosby »

this guy is gadianton. he does not reflect the values of the church or gospel

why i beleive...IN WHAT???????????? universal health care? abortion?
Exactly.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

AussieOi wrote:
Nan wrote:I think it is sad that not filing your taxes was more important to you then being worthy to go to the Temple. I hope you have changed that.
i haven't read on, so an sure he has replied, but can i comment

EVEN I IN AUSTRALIA KNOW YOUR 16TH AMENDMENT WAS NEVER RATIFIED
it is sad that people offer themselves to be robbed
it is even sadder that some regard obedience to organised theft as a prerequisite to temple attendance
i thought christ throwing teh moneychangers out of the temple meant something?
if i understand this man correctly, not wishing to participate in a corrupt system. obeying the law, fighting for his rights, standing for actual truth- they mean something
why must those things be linked to temple attendance on the back of an opinion by some local church rep?
why dump on this guy like this for not doing what he KNOWS is wrong?

THANK YOU OI!

Here's something ironic for you folks out there... here's Harry Reid himself telling us that paying federal income taxes is VOLUNTARY! (but that's of course, only for the elites like himself.. the rest of us go to jail)

gruden
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden »

AussieOi wrote:
kathyn wrote:. This fireside isn't a political speech, .
ANY time a politician opens his mouth it is a political speech
Or a PR stunt. Take your pick.

Bud
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Bud »

That is my understanding. That same Democrat politician "Reg Rep" has a reputation for taking personal gifts for political favors. My son, a return missionary, witnessed this in Henderson and was DEEPLY troubled by it. He is reported to be the one behind all this. One has to wonder how much in federal work his attorney son is getting from Reid!

If this were Reid's opponent or Mitt Romney I would feel the same way. It is my church that politcal hacks are destroying. It is wrong to mix use of the church buildings with politics.

You have a corrupt leader in the church you don't follow them blindly into a huge mistake.

These actions will jeopardize the church's tax exempt status. Read Dallin Oaks' 2002 Talk about church leaders being "used" by politicians and the need to prevent it.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I exhort those of you who feel you can make a good case for wrongdoing in Harry Reid being invited to give a fireside to please write directly to the First Presidency. I did just that when Reid told members of the media that President Benson had led members down the wrong path a few years ago, and I was informed via our stake president tnd branch prresident that the First Presidency knew about it. I'm sorry I cannot make such a case on the basis of info I have.