Church Owned Vehicles for Sale

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
Mullenite
captain of 1,000

Church Owned Vehicles for Sale

Post by Mullenite »

The church (and the church run schoos, byu, etc) sell their cars after 2-3 years of service from the motor pool, mission field, and the GA's. They're typically at the bottom of the range from a low book perspective. Anyways, they definitely have some good buys and thought I would pass along the link in case any one needed a good car/truck etc.

http://www.lds.org/fleetsales

http://surplus.byu.edu/#Vehicles

SwissMrs&Pitchfire
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Church Owned Vehicles for Sale

Post by SwissMrs&Pitchfire »

On my mission the people that I talked to that had made the mistake of buying an old mission car always regretted it. We had elders jumping railroad tracks, pulling the fuse that went to the odometer (so they wouldn't use up their allotted miles when they wanted to go on a trip), etc... I'm not sure I could get past those memories with a mission car.

mchlwise
captain of 100

Post by mchlwise »

When you click on the link, it says "SLC Area only". I don't think these are mission cars.

The church has a pretty decent fleet at Church Headquarters, and they have their own auto shop down in the depths of the underground parking. Having driven them before, I can assure anybody that they are VERY well taken care of. They are strictly controlled as far as who is able to drive them and for what purpose, and they unquestionably get every routine service they should.

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

Probably most of them are not missionary cars. Seth uses a church owned truck to haul things around to his locations. He and those he works with really baby the trucks. We keep hoping one of these years we'll be ready to buy one of his when the time comes to turn them in because we know how well cared for they are. Seth was bummed we couldn't buy the old one last year. The higher mileage vehicles are almost always freeway miles - at least that's the case for Seth - back and forth to Canada, Montana, and Idaho mostly.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Most specify they are missionary cars. Click on the link, it shows where the car "served". I wouldn't touch a missionary car! Almost guaranteed to have been beaten.

Pomiriladerpol
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Pomiriladerpol »

It’s really great posts.