Is CP a state party?

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
prew
captain of 100

Is CP a state party?

Post by prew »

Question: What is the percentage of voters required to make a party an official state party?

Reason to ask: In 2004 election apparently not enough voters voted for Constitution Party, so the CP had a signing drive to get the party back on the ballot.
So will CP have to do it again? I noticed that some CP candidates got 3-8% of voters in their respective districts.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Over 20K voted CP

Post by lundbaek »

I note that 20491 people in Utah voted for Scott Bradley, the Constitution Party candidate for the US Senate, and a total of 22369 people voted for a Constitution Party candidate for the House of representatives. That tells me there are over twenty thousand voters in Utah who apparently believe in and support constitutional principles.

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

I thought I read somewhere that it was 5%... but I could be totally wrong I'm really not sure.

If we do, let's get started, it's time to get working on 2008.

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

Okay I read that one of the cadidates must have gotten at least 2% of the vote, so if that's true we should not need to petition next year right?

creator
(of the Forum)

federal...

Post by creator »

I think that as long as a "federal" candidate gets like 2 or 3% or something like that then the CP remains on the ballot - so the CP should still be on the ballot for 2008 because of Scott Bradley. In 2004 the CP almost got the required amount of votes from Gary Van Horn (who is actually part of the Independent American Party which I prefer over the CP).