The Inspired Constitution: Ward Gathering in Mesa (8/24/14)

Post calls to action or information about events, meetings, or lectures that are liberty and/or gospel related.
Liberty1776
Hi, I'm new.

The Inspired Constitution: Ward Gathering in Mesa (8/24/14)

Post by Liberty1776 »

What: Ward Gathering (All our welcome)
Topic: The Divinely Inspired Constitution
Date: Sunday, August 24, 2014
Time: 1:15 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Address: 1430 N. Grand, Mesa, AZ 85201

Come listen to LDS author and nationally-renowned speaker on the U.S. Constitution, Shane Krauser, and hear about the awe-inspiring documents written to support the Title of Liberty. Brother Krauser will discuss our obligation to freedom, the importance of maintaining the integrity of the Constitution, and why our reliance on the “Divine Creator” is essential to America and the world. Prepare your heart, mind, and soul!

For more information on Brother Krauser, you may visit http://www.aafce.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or http://www.freedomfires.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The Inspired Constitution: Ward Gathering in Mesa (8/24/

Post by lundbaek »

I plan to ward hop this Sunday to attend. I'm anxious to see how he crams a 90 minute fireside presentation into a 45 minute presentation.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The Inspired Constitution: Ward Gathering in Mesa (8/24/

Post by lundbaek »

Time (45 minutes) was obviously not near enough for him to say all that he could have said on this subject. But he was able to emphasize certain facts about the US Constitution that are especially significant to Latter-day Saints. I was especially happy to note a large number of younger people in attendance, YM & YW ages and younger.

The Lord Himself has stated unequivocally that He is the Constitution’s Author. (D&C 101: 77 - 80)

Almost every prophet in this dispensation has emphasized the vital importance of defending, upholding and adhering to the Constitution.

The Founding Fathers did not invent this priceless boon of individual freedom and respect for the dignity of man. That great gift to mankind sprang from the Creator and not from government.

"[M]y people should observe to do all things whatsoever I command them. And that law of the land which is constitutional, supporting that principle of freedom in maintaining rights and privileges, belongs to all mankind, and is justifiable before me. Therefore, I, the Lord, justify you, and your brethren of my church, in befriending that law which is the constitutional law of the land; And as pertaining to law of man, whatsoever is more or less than this, cometh of evil." (August 6, 1833, Doctrine and Covenants 98:4-7)

"[The] laws and constitution of the people, which I have suffered to be established…, should be maintained for the rights and protection of all flesh, according to just and holy principles…. And for this purpose I [the Lord] established the Constitution of this land, by the hands of wise men whom I raised up unto this very purpose." (December 16, 1833, Doctrine and Covenants 101:77-80)

"I am saying to you that to me the Constitution of the United States of America is just as much from me Heavenly Father as the Ten Commandments." (President George Albert Smith, April 1948 General Conference)

The apostasy from America’s governing charter has become glaringly obvious.

The Constitution of the United States does have a glorious destiny as foretold by ancient and modern prophets.

When freedom fully sweeps across the globe, God’s children will have reached the point finally in which limited government and free men will become the universal standard, not the exception.

"I, the Lord, justify you, and your brethren of my church, in befriending that law which is the constitutional law of the land." (August 6, 1833, Doctrine and Covenants 98:6)

"We must learn the principles of the Constitution in the tradition of the Founding Fathers." (President Ezra Taft Benson, October 1987 General Conference)